Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

Started playing Red again, purely for nostalgic purposes

Ok today:
    -Started out on Mt. Moon since I restarted the game a few years ago. I had this on my team:
    - Level 16 Bulbasaur
    - Level 9 Pidgey
    - Level 8 Rattata
    - Level 11 Bedrill
    -I went outside to the Pokemon Center to heal my team. Then I decided to spend some cash on a Magikarp. I'll evolve this now and use it later against Erika, Blaine, and Giovanni.
    -Returned to the main cave and had to battle the first trainer I encountered (a Lass I think :S)
    -Leveled up Pidgey with that battle and gained some more experience from a wild Paras. I met a Hiker I think, and both Bulbasaur and Rattata gain experience for that.
    -I Saved since I had to go out.

I started red again, for old times's sake.

As a result I got hooked on it again, and currently have dragonair, blastoise, Wigglytuff, vileplume, Haunter and Graveller... Yeah, I decided to go for a team I'd never really used before.

Just finished the Elite 4. Pretty epic battle. It was down to my last 2 and my rival's last 2 (something + Blastoise) and I had Alakazam and Gengar. I was trying to finish the second last guy with my Gengar and hopefully be able to keep my Gengar so I can Mega Drain my rival's Blastoise but the rival kept healing and I was starting to run low on PP. I decided screw it I'll just 1 on 1 with him so I used Explosion and it was down to my Alakazam and his Blastoise. I was down about 1/2 so I used a max potion but right after my rival takes most of that right off. I have 2 Psychics left so I used both of them, barely surviving and I do a final Seismic Toss to finish the Blastoise.

First time I beat the game legitimately with no Missingno trick.

Whopee!

decided to do a red challenge, as in im only using the pokemon that Red uses in HG/SS
    started yellow and of course since i only have pikachu right now im having difficulties with Brock.

EDIT

went back to Viridian and beat my rival.
    went back to Pewter and trained pikachu to 15
    battled brock.
    BEAT BROCK!!!!
    his onix was tough. i spammed with tail whip he spammed with screech -_-
    now off to Mt.Moon
    Last edited by zack1392; 10th January 2010 at 2:30 AM.

I'm thinking about starting a new blue version game. God I miss those old games. Playing on the school bus on the way home...damn those were the days.
    R.I.P. Max 8/8/1996 - 12/31/2008
    I love you, I miss you.

I restarted Yellow a few weeks ago, kinda forgot about it, but I started playing again last night. I'm going into Rock Tunnel as soon as I go back to get Flash, which I forgot to get before I even got on my way to Rock Tunnel :/

My team is under-levelled as usual:
    Pikachu (lvl 26)
    Charmeleon (lvl 25)
    Nidoking (lvl 26)
    Pidgeotto (lvl 25)

I'm also carrying around a Diglett for Cut and Dig and a Drowzee for Flash when I get it, but I'm not really planning on using them for anything more.

Recently:

-Continued on my journey up Mt. Moon. I ran into some more Zubat, Geodude, and Paras but NO Clefairy ;_;
    -Met a Rocket and had to battle him in order to progress. That's when I remembered that there are several of those thugs running around in here, stealing fossils. Just my luck.
    -Fought and gained more experience, finally had Bulbasaur evolve into Ivysaur. Used it to whip every trainer I could. Made it to another Rocket chamber.
    -Finally reached a point and found two fossils. Battled the Super Nerd and got enough experience for Ivysaur to level up to level 19. Got a Dome Fossil and ran like mad to the exit. Fresh air! Saved.

I recently decided to start playing again.

Red:

Started off with Bulbasaur
    Caught a Rattata and Pidgey
    Got up to Brock and beat him

I started up my Blue version.

.Name myself Justin and rivial RED
    .Get Squirtle (Squirt) and almost lost against RED.
    .Get Oak's Parcel and get Pokedex.
    .Learn to catch pokemon.
    .Catch a Pikachu (Pika).
    .RED battle #2 won.
    .Catch Caterpie (Butters) which evolves 1 time and Rattata (Chomper).
    .Game freezes. I'll start again tommorow. Note: I didn't save.

I did everything the same until VS RED. Squirt VS Bulbasaur. After 3 Tail Whips and a few Tackles I win. Get Oak's Parcel and get Pokedex. I catch Pikachu (Pika), catch Caterpie (Butters), and evolve Butters 2 times. I catch Nidoran male (Nido m) and Spearow (Spear). VS RED. Pika VS Pidgey. Two Thundershocks for the win. Spear VS Bulbasaur. Peck OHKOs. Go through Viridian Forest and reach Pewter City. Gym time! VS Brock. Squirt VS Geodude. Bubble OHKOs. Squirt VS Onix. He uses Bide and I use Bubble. The next Bubble knocks it out. I get the Boulder Badge and TM34 Bide. I end day 1!

My team:

Squirt lv15
    Moves: Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Bubble
    Water Gun

Pika lv13
    Moves: Thundershock
    Growl
    Thunder Wave

Nidomalesign lv12
    Leer
    Horn Attack

Butters lv12
    String Shot
    Confusion

Spear lv13
    Moves: Peck
    Growl
    Leer
    Last edited by Blue Shiny Pikachu 1; 24th January 2010 at 5:33 AM.
    If you like or chose in your Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum game or both put this in your sig. I've claimed an army of Pikachus!!! They're unbeatable!
    My Ruby Water Monotype Challenge:
    Kip (Swampert)
    Peeko (Pelipper)
    Tent(Tentacruel
    Bitin Pedo(Sharpedo)
    Seal(Sealio)
    Sparky(Lanturn
    Currently training for Groudon.
    Empoleon is a penguin. Penguins are awesome. If you think Empoleons and penguins are awesome, copy this into your signature. (started by XxpikapikaxX
    Rubyand Saphire deserve remakes. If you think so copy and paste this in your sig.

started my red scramble challenge -
    name: kit
    rival: blue
    starter: charmander
    got potion, beat rival, got pokedex, town map, raised charmander to lv 8 and bought 10 pokeballs, now i'm ready...
    Last edited by Shiny Rokon; 23rd January 2010 at 6:42 AM. Reason: to make it clearer
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Day 2 begins now! Yay! Shorts guy! Squirt evolves! Buy KingOfKarp. Explore Mt. Moon. Meet Team Rocket. Catch Clefairy (Pippi) and teach it Water Gun. Get the Helix Fossil and outside of Mt. Moon I catch Sandshrew (Purity). I go north and meet RED. I'm gonna switch switch out trick. VS RED. Pidgeotto VS Pika. He uses Quick Attack and I with Thundershock. I repeat and it's down. Purity VS Abra. I Scratch for the win. Purity VS Rattata. He starts with Hyper Fang and I with Scratch. He uses Quick Attack and I repeat. He uses Tail Whip and I with Scratch. We repeat and I knock out Rattata. Bulbasur VS Spear. I start with Peck and I evaded Leech Seed. I repeat and it Vine Whips. Squirt VS Bulbasaur. Tackle for the win. Nugget Bridge! Nidomalesign evolves! I catch Abra (Smarty) and evolve it. Catch Bellsprout (Bell). Catch Mew, get S.S. Ticket, and get the TM for Dig to teach to Purity. I catch Meowth (Meow Money). Gym Time! I beat Misty and get the Cascade Badge and TM11 Bubblebeam. I get to Vermilion, get the Bike Voucher, and exchange it for the Bicycle. I train and desposit Smarty for my next Pokemon coming soon which will be a Vulpix.

My team:
    Bell lv20
    Moves:
    Vine Whip
    Growth
    Wrap
    Sleep Powder

Pika lv21
    Moves:
    Thundershock
    Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave
    Quick Attack

Squirt lv21
    Moves:
    Tackle
    Bubblebeam
    Tail Whip
    Water Gun

Purity lv21
    Moves:
    Scratch
    Sand Attack
    Slash
    Dig

Pippi lv20
    Moves:
    Doubleslap
    Growl
    Water Gun
    Sing

I'm gonna train my Pokemon too.
    Last edited by Blue Shiny Pikachu 1; 25th January 2010 at 2:47 AM.
    If you like or chose in your Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum game or both put this in your sig. I've claimed an army of Pikachus!!! They're unbeatable!
    Kip (Swampert)
    Peeko (Pelipper)
    Tent(Tentacruel
    Bitin Pedo(Sharpedo)
    Seal(Sealio)
    Sparky(Lanturn
    Empoleon is a penguin. Penguins are awesome. If you think Empoleons and penguins are awesome, copy this into your signature. (started by XxpikapikaxX
    Rubyand Saphire deserve remakes. If you think so copy and paste this in your sig.

Recently:

-I walked to Cerulean after getting out of that dreadful Mt. Moon cave. I arrived and went straight to the Pokemon Center.
    -Had the team healed and deposited some to make room for any Pokemon that I might want to train. So far, I'm doing good with just Bulbasaur as my team's strongest.
    -Went to Cerulean Gym and started the challenge. Misty's Gym is full of weak trainers that anyone can handle with the right Pokemon.
    -Got to Misty and she sent out Staryu, I used Bulbasaur's Razor Leaf to beat it with one attack. She sent Starmie and it's Bubblebeam almost killed me. I used a Potion then used 2 Razor Leafs to beat it.
    -Got the Cascade badge and healed my team. Saved.

Day 3 starts now! During some training Purity and Bell evolve! I explore every inch of the S.S. Anne. I beat RED again and exit the S.S. Anne. I catch Bellsprout, teach it Cut , go through Diglett's Cave, get Flash, and on the way back I cactch Dugtrio (Trio). Gym time! VS Lt. Surge. Purity's Dig knocks out both Voltorb and Pikachu. Pika knocks out Raichu. I catch Drowzee (Flashzee) and teach it Flash. I explore through the dreaded Rock Tunnel. Catch Vulpix (Pix). ^_^ I train my Pokemon and head to Celadon City. My save batterie died. ._.

On my Pokemon Yellow I trained. I headed to Game Corner and beat Jessie, James, and Giovanni. Gym time. VS Erika. Saur knocks out Tangela and Weepingbel. Pika knocks out Gloom. I fight against the Fighting Dojo and get Hitmonlee. I go through Pokemon Tower, the haunted Pokemon Tower and Beat Jessie and James, rescue Mr. Fuji and he gives me a Silph Scope. I catch the Snorlax (Sleeper) near Celadon and go through Cycling Road.
    Last edited by Blue Shiny Pikachu 1; 8th February 2010 at 1:46 AM.
    Kip (Swampert)
    Peeko (Pelipper)
    Tent(Tentacruel
    Bitin Pedo(Sharpedo)
    Seal(Sealio)
    Sparky(Lanturn

Restarted my Blue Version, gonna play with Red's team from Pokemon Special. Put in about 1:30 so far, been catching and training other stuff for Pokedex purposes, but the main team is this;

Bulbasaur [Saur] lv 12
    Pikachu [Pika] lv 10

I've also caught Rattata, Pidgey, Spearow, Nidoran(M), and a Caterpie. Gonna evolve Caterpie into Butterfree and Nidoran into Nidorino before I pass the first Gym.

After a long hiatus mostly due to school, Silver, and HeartGold, I finally returned to playing Red; the best 1st Gen game. I started at a late point. I was infront of the Cinabar Island gym. I had already decided to use my level 50 Golduck I got in a trade and my level 45 Golem to fight off Blaine. I decided to answer all the questions in his Gym incorrectly so I could gain experience. In the end of the battle, Golduck and Golem both raised 2 levels! Fought Blain but he was still a hot-headed handful. His Fire Pokemon still pushed me to the edge but I the Volcano Badge in the end. Restored at the PC and surfed north to Pallet. Arrived, had Oak check my PokeDex, then went north to Viridian City to face off Giovanni once and for all! Saved.

Beat Blaine with my team of three Poison-types, three other types. Alessa, my Pidgeotto, evolved into Pidgeot. I now need to go to Sabrina's gym... and potentially have my *** kicked royally. XD

My game time is 18 hours, 38 minutes. Not bad, if I do say so myself...

Recently I got back to playing where I left off, Giovanni's gym. I entered and I remembered why I hated his gym in the past; those annoying spinning tiles. I had to navigate carefully through his gym and then I had to worry about trainers too. I faced a few just to get experiece for my Golduck and Venusaur since I plan on using them both against Giovanni, due to their advantages in type. I had a rough time though, even though Golduck is at level 51 now and Venusaur is at level 54. When I finally reached Giovanni, he gave me a quick run down of his history and of how he was the real leader of Viridian's gym. Then the battle commenced and I was doing pretty good using Golduck's Surf and Venusaur's Solar Beam against Dugtrio, Rhyhorn, Nidoqueen, and Nidoking. When it got to Rhydon, it's Fissure fainted Venusaur so Golduck had to handle things. Beat Giovanni, got the Earth Badge and Fissure TM, and he disappeared.

I finally decided I would play Yellow again... Hopefully all the way through this time.

At first I wasn't going to use pikachu, but I felt guilty so I decided it would stay. I lost the battle with my rival, so I had to face the wrath of the yellow rat. (That noise it makes when it hates you is horrible...)

Anyways, then I headed up to Viridian City to get Oak's parcel so I could get the pokedex. Now I'm going to get myself a pidgey.

Spoiler:- My Team:

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

I just finished the SS anne in pokemon blue. I have a fearow, nidoking, and wartortle on my team. I plan on using nidoking against Lt. Surge.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Continuing on my epic Yellow adventure... I caught a Pidgey, which I lovingly named Stuffing. I trained him and Jr. to level 10 so I could beat my rival (Blue) He went down pretty easily, Spearow fell to Pikachu and Pidgey made quick work of Eevee.

After that, I sped through Viridian Forest, without too much trouble from any of the trainers. While doing that, I slowy trained both of my team members to 15 for beating Brock.

His Geodude put up quite a fight, but Stuffing did slightly more damage then it did each turn, and I eventually brought it down. I had to use Jr. to beat Onix, which lead to 10 minutes of repetitive double teaming and quick attacking. Luckily, it wasn't too tough, and I won the Boulderbadge!

-------------------

Wow, this thread is about as active as an inactive plank of wood at an inactive convention. But anyway...

After beating Brock and obtaining the Boulderbadge, I made my way to Mt. Moon, and my pokemon got poisoned about 50 times in a row, which was slightly agrivating. Mt. Moon was kinda tough, despite all the trainers pokemon being much lower leveled them mine. By the end, both my pokemon were on low health, and they were poisoned. It wasn't fun.

I headed into Cerulean City, and managed to snag a Bulbasaur straight away, to my suprise. I then fought my rival, which was a pretty easy battle as his pokemon were way too weak. Afetr that, I saved, and turned off.

Last edited by surfer treecko; 29th May 2010 at 5:21 PM.

I picked up my yellow version again, i forgot i was halfway through a scramble challenge with it with the coming out of heart and soul! Anyway, I just arrived in vermilion city with Pikachu, Gyarados and Ivysaur, about to go on the SS Anne, the other 3 which will be in my team will be Gastly, Chansey and Aerodactyl. So here goes, I love this game, after I finish this i'm going to return to finishing stadium 1 and teach my pikachu surf

try and catch up to me surfer treecko

About a month ago I restarted my Red version, breezed through it, kicked the Elite Four's and my rival's collective tookus. I thought to myself, "Man, this is getting too easy" So I thought, how about a challenge; monotype? nah,too boring. Single Pokemon? You know I used to be really good at that, but now that I've gotten used to sharing the love, I just can't do it. Well, how about...no evolutions? That's it! It'll add a bit of challenge, without being overly difficult.

So yesterday I restarted Red once again, chose my starter (who will soon be revealed), proceeded to show my rival whose boss, ran some errands, bought some Pokeballs, caught another team member (who shall also be revealed soon), trained them up a bit and proceeded to kick my rival's rear for a second time. I then made it through Virdian Forest, pulverizing the weak trainers, reached Pewter City and after gaining a few levels, proceeded to blow right through Brock.

I then made mincemeat of the trainer's on the way to Mt. Moon, which was a cinch as well, barring the fact that my starter got beat by a Rocket Ratticate. Upon reaching Cerulean, I healed, and then proceeded, once again, to show that arrogant brat who's boss. Made my way across Nugget Bridge with relative ease, and am now searching for a Bellsprout to aid in beating Misty

Current team:
    Sean-lv.21
    Marlon-lv.20

Sean...get it.

Any movie related name for Bellsprout? I'm thinking Woody.

Edit: Appears I hit my head. I meant Oddish, not Bellsprout. Found one named it Jeff.
    Last edited by childxofxthexgrave; 1st June 2010 at 4:28 AM.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Random facts about childxofxthexgrave
    childxofxthexgrave loves Black Sabbath
    childxofxthexgrave is a lesbian
    childxofxthexgrave loves things that are Latin American; food, music...women.
    childxofxthexgrave loves Pokemon
    childxofxthexgrave is a Natsume/Sabrina fangirl
    childxofxthexgrave likes referring to herself in third person

Wow, looks like I've got competition... Maybe I need to go a little faster.

I started from where I left off, got Charmander, and proceeded to own all the Nugget Bridge trainers for training. Both starters evolved pretty quickly, and went from dead weight to pretty useful.

Misty was a pushover, which dissapointed me a little. The only pokemon she managed to take down was Ivysaur, and that was due to a critical hit.

Getting to Vermillion was kind of hard, most of the pokemon there were the same level as mine, and I had to rely on Pidgeotto most of the time. The SS. Anne wasn't too difficult though, and beating my rival was even easier.

Next up was Lt. Surge, who took down most of my weaker pokemon, but I used Charmeleon's Dig to take it out in the end. Finally, I got squirtle, evolved it, got flash, and headed to Rock Tunnel.

Spoiler:- my team:

I'm in the safari zone trying to catch a chansey, i've seen heaps but the pokeball misses them, i hit a rock at them, they run away, grr... i think i have thrown over 50 safari balls doing different strategies of throwing straight away, after 1 rock, after 2 rocks, i don't like bait but i may have to resort to it soon.

Okay other than that, I have 4 badges my pokemon are:

Pikachu
    Gyarados
    Venusaur
    Haunter
    Chan...oh not yet...

After vermilion I went through the rock tunnel, headed straight to celadon and beat erika and the casino to get the silph scope so i could catch gastly, got the pokeflute and headed down the bridges to fuchsia, i went up cycling road for exp and returned to fuchsia to catch a chansey and will take on Koga as well, my pokedex is filling up quickly caught everything in the safari zone but chansey, fished up a lot and just have to get doduo and ponyta.

I haven't done that much since I last posted... But meh.

I started the long journey through Rock Tunnel... It wasn't nearly as long as I remembered, but I did have some PP troubles. Anyways, I braved Lavender Town and it's creepy music, beat my rival and soldiered on.

Since I was planning on getting a Cubone for the last member of my team, I decided to get the Silph Scope as early on as possible. I had some poison trouble with Team Rocket, but other then that I was okay.

So I then went to look for a Cubone. 5 hours later, I still couldn't find one, so I got a Sandshrew instead! I named him Slayer, beacuse it sounded cool.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast