Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

I obtained the Marsh Badge from Sabrina after I defeated her inside the Saffron City Gym. I went to the local Pokemon Center after that and I healed my injured Pokemon. I swapped Pokemon on the PC as well and then I flew to Fuchsia City. I headed south towards the beach area and I arrived at the coast. I Surfed around on Route 19 and I battled against some Swimmers as I headed towards the Seafoam Islands; my Pokemon gained a lot of experience from those battles, so I couldn't really complain. I arrived at the Seafoam Islands after I defeated all the Swimmers, and I entered the first cavern. I encountered some Pokemon inside, but I ignored them and I headed deeper inside the Seafoam Islands. I reached the bottom of the cavern and I pushed some boulders into holes in order to change the water currents. I then saved.

Pokemon Blue Journal:
    So after I beat my rival with Pikachu by my side, I used my winnings to buy some Poke Balls. I headed back into the Viridian Forest to train my Pikachu, my male Nidoran and my Butterfree to at least Level 14, 14 and 12, respectively. While grinding I met a wild Weedle which I proceded to catch due to the rarity of Weedle and Kakuna in this game. Right after I caught it, I met a wild Kakuna. I forgot about the critical hit mechanics so I sent in Charmander to use Scratch on it. You can guess what happened afterwards, much to my chagrin. I soon found another Kakuna which I caught. I was almost done grinding but I got bored and stopped playing.

Team:
    Butterfree L11
    Nidoran (male) L12
    Pikachu L14
    Charmander L14

Pokedex:
    Seen - 13
    Own - 12
    Shiny Pokemon: 1

After not playing for like 2 months I decided to play Yellow. I received the Charmander and headed towards Bill's house. I did the swith out method and had had myself a Charmeleon by the time I reached Bill's house. After that I headed to Cerulean Gym and took on Misty and her trainers. Ivysaur handled Misty. She never landed one attack with Starmie, she just used Harden all day and I Vine Whipped her to death.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Hadn't been on Yellow in months, but considering my challenge to play through every main game in the series before September I decided I'd like to get it out the way and get to Crystal.

I went through Pokemon Mansion, and caught myself a Grimer as my sixth member. One thing to note, Grimer's back sprite is godawful! However it has proven somewhat useful and quite resistant, when it wants to be anyway. I got Blaine's gym open and beat all the trainers, it's stupid how on Yellow this requires failing all the quiz questions! Ugh.

Blaine was simple, Dewgong and Sandslash did all the work.

Then I took on Giovanni's gym, and he was even easier, this time Dewgong and Parasect.

Then I took on my rival (who I forgotten I had named 'Dickwad') and beat him with Sandslash and, you guessed it, Dewgong. Makes me wonder why I've even bothered to raise anything else...

Anyway now it's a simple matter of traversing through Victory Road to take on the Elite Four. Good times.

EDIT: Annnnnd game beat. Rival was a closer battle than I would have liked, mostly due to FIRE SPIN, ugh. Now to play through Crystal, if I can even find it...

Team:

Emo lvl.46
    Slash
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Strength

Shroom lvl.46
    Body Slam
    Spore
    Mega Drain
    Cut

Prissy lvl.46
    Tri Attack
    Thunder Wave
    Metronome
    Psychic

Magners lvl.47
    Thunderbolt
    Supersonic
    Thunder Wave
    Swift

Spheel lvl.47
    Surf
    Headbutt
    Ice Beam
    Rest

Frank lvl.47
    Sludge
    Minimize
    Rest
    Toxic

Badges: 8
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 5th March 2012 at 12:23 PM.

I started a new game on Yellow version yesterday. I named myself Ash just because and wandered into the grass where Professor Oak stopped me. Suddenly a wild Pikachu attacked us but Oak managed to capture it. He took me to his lab and tried to give me an Eevee but Gary stole it from me so I had to settle with Pikachu. I then battled Gary and beat him thanks to the three critical hits I got in a row. With Pikachu behind me, I headed to Viridian City and got Oak's Parcel and returned it to him. He gave Gary and me a Pokedex and we both went on our way.

When I returned to Viridian City I went west and captured a Mankey. I probably won't use it on my final team, but it can help with Brock. I then had another battle with Gary. Pikachu knocked out Spearow with Thundershock and Mankey did decent damage on Eevee before fainting so Pikachu finished the job. He pouted and ran off and I deemed this a good place to take a break.

Edit: I trained Mankey to Lv9 so it learned Low Kick before heading into the Viridian Forest. I had Pikachu defeat all the trainers and some of the wild Pokemon inside. Eventually I reached Pewter City and I quickly headed to the gym. Pikachu beat the lone gym trainer with a lot of Quick Attacks and then I healed and took on Brock. I sent in Pikachu first and then switched to Mankey and beat his Geodude with Low Kick. I did the same thing against Onix except Onix knocked out Mankey. With only Pikachu left I knew I was screwed but I managed to win thanks to Tail Whip and Quick Attack. I sold the Bide TM and then headed onto Route 3.

I beat some of the trainers here and then searched in the grass for a Jigglypuff. I eventually figured out they weren't obtainable here so I headed to Mt Moon and after searching for 45 minutes I captured a Clefairy. I trained Clefairy against the remaining trainers and some wild Pokemon before taking a break.
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 11th March 2012 at 4:15 PM.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I finally finished grinding my Butterfree and Nidoran. We can finally challenge the gym leader of Pewter City, also known as Brock. I went into his gym, beat his underling, and got ready for the fight.

I'm BROCK! I'm PEWTER's GYM LEADER! I believe in rock hard defense and determination! That's why my POKéMON are all the rock-type! Do you still want to challenge me? Fine then! Show me your best!
    I used Butterfree and spammed Confusion. I won the BOULDERBADGE and he gave me TM34 BIDE. I deposited that horrible TM because I needed space. I finally headed to Route 3, continuing my journey.
    Shiny Pokemon: 1

I made it through Mt Moon, got Bulbasaur, and then beat my rival. I went up the Nugget Bridge and got Charmander before talking to Bill about stuff and getting the SS Ticket. I then beat Misty with Ivysaur and Pikachu. Vermillion City was my next destination so I headed there and boarded the SS Anne. After beating everyone I received Cut and then went to the gym where Charmeleon and Ivysuar took down Raichu. I soon got Squirtle and raised it before heading to Rock Tunnel. When I got through the dark cave I went to Celadon City and beat Erika. Then I defeated Team Rocket in the Game Corner and evolved Clefairy. I then went to the Pokemon Tower, climbed to the top, and beat Jessie and James again and received a Poke Flute which I used on Snorlax. I went down the Cycling Road and when I got to Fushcia I headed to the Safari Zone and caught a Rhyhorn. I am training Rhyhorn along with everyone else currently.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I completed the Pokedex on Pokemon Red a few months ago (including Mew). Then I just finished the Pokedex on Yellow last week after a hiatus as I wore myself out by not pacing myself more. I was going to complete the Pokedex on each, but Blue's battery was dead and I was going to leave my GBA on for that long.

For future generations, I have decided to complete the Pokedex only in the third title (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum). I haven't decided if I will complete the Pokedex on the remakes yet.

I trained from Fuchsia all the way up to Lavender Town before taking on the Fuchsia Gym. The gym trainers were easy, but Koga's Lv50 Venomoth was trouble. Fortunately Clefable finished it off with a Psychic. With my badge I went to Saffron and cleared out Team Rocket before heading to the Saffron Gym. Rhyhorn actually swept Sabrina's team and evolved into Rhydon shortly soon after. I battled on the water from Fuchsia to the Seafoam Islands before flying on Charizard to Pallet Town where I stopped for the time being.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Since things were getting boring in my previous save file, I decided to restart my Blue version again. I named my new playable character, and then I went out to explore Pallet Town a bit. I went to Professor Oak's lab after wandering around, and I was told to choose a Starter Pokemon. I decided to go with Charmander this time, and my rival chose Squirtle. Before I left Professor Oak's lab, my rival challenged me to a Pokemon battle. I had a pretty tough time against him even though both of our Pokemon were at the same level and neither knew super effective attacks. After I won the battle, I headed out again and I went north into Route 1. I battled the various wild Pokemon like Rattata and Pidgey along the way, and I managed to level up my Charmander a bit thanks to those battles. I reached Viridian City before long, and I saved the game after healing my Charmander at the Pokemon Center.

I began surfing south of Pallet towards Cinnabar Island and I found a bunch of swimmers and fishermen (and even a cue ball!) along the way. I arrived on Cinnabar Island shortly and explored the small island before heading to the Pokemon Mansion. I always get confused in here so it took me some time to figure out where I needed to go to reach the end. I eventually found my way though and after grabbing the Secret Key I entered the Cinnabar Gym and took a break.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

getting ready to take on sabrina. I figure i'll train up my jolteon to level 36 when it learns pin missle. Yeah i no its not really necessary, lol.

my team:
    charizard lv.42
    blastoise lv.42
    venusaur lv.40
    hitmonlee lv.40
    Jolteon lv.26
    Pikachu(in the PC where he belongs)
    cookie cookie

Just started a new game in Red. My team is:

Bulbasaur Lv. 6

Replaced the batteries in my 1st and second gen games on monday and decieded to start playing through red since i havent played it in a good 8 years, the funny thing is i already find it more appealing the the 4th and 5th gen games though i might be a bit biais cause red wAs the first pokemon game i played.

My current team goes a bit like this

Venasaur-lvl 35
    Body slam
    Vine whip
    Leach seed
    Razor leaf

Pidgeotto-lvl 30
    Gust
    Sand attack
    Whirlwind
    Quick attack
    Raichu_lvl 30
    Thunder shock
    Thunder wave
    Quick attack
    Swift

Gyarados_lvl 30
    Bite
    Tackle
    Splash
    Dragon rage

Growlithe-lvl 18
    Bite
    Roar
    Ember

Just hit the switch behind the poster in the rocket game corner and im gona train up growlithe and beat the celadone GYM leader
    With Out Evil There Would Be No Good In A World Were for Every Shade Of Blue There is a shade Of Grey

I'm starting a new game in Green. This SHOULD be fun.
    Got first starter,Did Professor Oak's business, and beat Gary 2 times.
    Special thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the epic banner.

I recently decided to do some monotype challenges in Gen I.

Blue: Fire monotype. Charmander, Flareon, Vulpix, Magmar (eventually)
    Red: Poison - beedrill, gengar, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by KaleeyJ View Post
    I recently decided to do some monotype challenges in Gen I.
    Red: Poison - beedrill, gengar, maybe?
    Poison has a lot of Good Pokemon. Venusaur, Nidoking/queen, Venomoth, Gengar, etc.

I purposely got the questions in the Cinnabar Gym wrong so that I would have to fight the trainers. I let Blastoise and Rhydon take care of everyone. In all honestly, I did this gym over a month ago and I can't remember exactly how the fight with Blaine went down, apart from the fact that I won. With the badge I headed to Viridian and went there. I used everyone against the gym trainers since they are so diverse in their types. Then I challenged Giovanni. Clefable took out his Dugtrio with two Tri Attack's and then he switched to Persian. I wanted to use Pikachu but it fainted to a critical hit Slash so I went back to Clefable and beat it with a few Tri Attacks. Rhydon took out his Nidoqueen with Earthquake while Blastoise beat his Nidoking with Surf. I went with Venusaur against his Rhydon and put it to shame with a critical hit Razor Leaf. Giovanni wasn't too upset about the loss and gave me my final badge. I healed at the Pokemon Center and took a break. Team is Lv43-44.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I'm currently on the S.S. Anne. Got a level 32 Charmeleon at the head of my team, as well as a Dugtrio, Nidorino, Clefairy, Spearow, and Paras. Just slaughtered Blue's team on the way to the Captain's quarters. Planning on catching all three legendary birds later in the game.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I headed towards the Pokemon League but I was stopped by my rival. Despite the fact that his team was at a higher level than mine, I managed to pull of the win easily. I continued on towards Victory Road and after passing through the 8 gates I entered the cave. I forgot to get some repels beforehand so that only served to prolong the trip. About halfway through I realized that my team was pretty beaten up so I continued and tried to avoid the trainers. I got to the Pokemon League and healed up before taking another trip through Victory Road to beat the trainers I had skipped.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Started a new game in Yellow and received Pikachu as my starter, obviously. After losing to Gary in Professor Oak's lab (somehow), I did all the laborious starting-out stuff and I've just beaten Brock. I was going to train up a Mankey and use it, but I decided that it would be too boring to do even more grinding. I evolved my then-Lv.8 Metapod into a Butterfree and spammed the hell out of Confusion while hoping that Brock's Pokemon didn't know Rock Throw.

Worked like a charm.

Current Team:

Lv.10 - Lv.10 - Lv.12 - Lv.3

In Box: Nidoran (M), Nidoran (F), Rattata
    Running for the thrill of it

Yesterday I took on the Pokemon League. Lorelei was really difficult because I lost Pikachu and Venusaur early on but Clefable and Rhydon pulled through. Bruno was extremely easy with Blastoise and Clefable as was Agatha except Rhydon solo'd her team. Lance was a little more difficult but still not too bad for my team. My rival, the Champion, was fairly easy as well with the exception of Alakazam being a pain. I watched the credits roll and turned off the game.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I left the Viridian City Pokemon Center after healing my Charmander, and I visited the local Poke Mart to pick up Professor Oak's parcel. I then headed back south to Pallet Town to deliver it to him, and then I went back to Route 1 to start my Pokemon journey after obtaining some Pokeballs from Oak at his lab. I healed Charmander again after it battled against some wild Pokemon along the way to Viridian City, then I captured a wild Rattata in the tall grass. I spent some time training it against other wild Pokemon, and then I returned to Viridian City. I made my way north towards Route 2 after that. I captured a wild Pidgey along the way, and then I arrived at the Viridian Forest gate. I battled against some wild Bug Pokemon when I arrived inside the forest. Then I battled against some Bugcatchers. My Pokemon leveled up quite a bit thanks to the battles. I saved in the middle of the forest.

After just making it through Mount Moon (with only my Pikachu remaining on 1HP) I lugged myself to Cerulean City where I acquired a Bulbasaur and a Charmander, caught a few Pokemon as well as battling at the cape and the rocket criminal. With the help of Bulbasaur and Pikachu, Misty went down easily and I headed straight to Vermillion City. Upon catching a Magikarp in the docks and obtaining a Bike Voucher, I saved my progress.

Lv. 19 - Lv.19 - Lv.19 - Lv.18 - Lv.18

---

Unfortunately, I went onto the SS Anne without even realising that there would be no opportunities to heal. Armed with only two Super Potions, I eventually whited out in the battle with Gary, but upon healing I safely annihilated him. After receiving the HM for cut, I headed to the Vermilion Gym where I breezed it with my Charmeleon and the Dig attack I taught it. I then completed my team with the Squirtle from Officer Jenny. I left it in the Day Care Centre and headed to Cerulean City, and then to Rock Tunnel.

Lv. 25 - Lv. 22 - Lv. 23 - Lv. 24 - Lv. 23 - Lv.10 (Day Care)

Also caught a Lv.29 Dugtrio in Diglett's Cave.

Best thing.
    Last edited by Geekachu; 30th May 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Running for the thrill of it

After red glitch out on me,kept freezing all the time after trying to play it on my GB SP. i cleaned the cartridge and my GBC with no luck, not the first time that sp has done that to me. So reset red and used my GBC and so far im fighting team rocket in celadon city and my line up is like this

Growlithe ( curreny training) lvl 16

Roar
    Bite

Onix (currently training) lvl 22

Tackle
    Screech
    Rock throw
    Rock slide

Pikachu lvl 25

Thunder bolt
    Thunder shock
    Thunder wave
    Quick attack

Gyarados lvl 31
    Bite
    Ice beam
    Water gun
    Dragon rage

Nidoking lvl 31
    Tackle
    Mega punch
    Horn attack
    Poison sting

Ivysaur lvl 29

Vine whip
    Body slam
    Leech seed
    Poison powder

Hopefully the game dosent glitch out again cause i put so much hard work into it lol im a lvl grinder this time around on black i had all lvl 60's befor the elite league
    With Out Evil There Would Be No Good In A World Were for Every Shade Of Blue There is a shade Of Grey

Just taught nidoking horndrill and got rid of poison sting

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast