Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

Got to Victory Road and am grinding my guys up to a decent level.

I battled some more Bugcatchers as I wandered around the Viridian Forest. I also battled some wild Bug-types in the tall grass. I trained my Charmander, Rattata, and Pidgey using those wild Pokemon encounters, then I encountered a wild Pikachu near the northern end of the forest. I was super excited because I really wanted a Pikachu on my team, so I weakened it with my Charmander, and then I captured it in a Pokeball. I wandered through the last area of the Viridian Forest until I reached the northern exit. I arrived at Route 2 after exiting, and then I arrived in Pewter City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pewter City Pokemon Center. I headed out to explore the city after taking care of that, then I arrived at the Pewter City Gym after talking to people and visiting the Pewter City Museum of Science. I battled the Gym trainer inside the Gym, then I saved before challenging Brock.

The plan was to use Rock Tunnel's abundance of Hikers and their Rock- Types to train up Squirtle, but some piss-artist decided to blow up his Graveler, ruining Squirtle's chances of some good training. Upon arriving in Lavender Town I began to feel a little suicidal, so I headed to the routes South and West to battle the trainers, as well as catching a Jigglypuff and Kadabra along the way ^__^ After returning to Lavender Town I ventured into the Lost Tower where I battled Gary, and was subsequently met with an onslaught of Gastly and their paralysing Licks (30% chance my arse) and their god-damn annoying Confuse Rays. I thanked tha lawd though that they gave me a spot in which to heal my team, though.

I got as far as I could in the Lost Tower until I was stopped by the ghost. I left and headed towards Celadon City.

Lv. 29 - ??? (Day Care) - Lv. 29 - Lv. 29 - Lv. 27 - Lv.25

---

So I travelled around Celadon City for a little while, picking up a nice Lv.25 Eevee along the way, and I soon destroyed the Celadon Gym thanks to Charmeleon. After receiving the Rainbow Badge, I used the Lemonade I had purchased from the Department Store to gain access to Saffron City. There wasn't really much to do.

I saved.

Lv. 29 - Lv.27 - Lv. 30 - Lv. 29 - Lv. 31 - Lv.25

---

So I did all the Rocket Hideout jazz, ascended Lost Tower again (now armed with the Silph Scope), attempted to capture Marowak before I realised that it wasn't possible, received the Poke Flute from Mr Fuji and caught Snorlax (who I think will fit in well on my team) and did some other stuff. Before I went to cycle down Cycling Road I had to battle the other Snorlax. I didn't bother capturing it, so I beat it and saved in Celadon City.

Lv. 31 - Lv. 30 - Lv. 30 - Lv. 32 - Lv.30 - Lv.30

Reserve:
    Lv. 29
    Last edited by Geekachu; 9th June 2012 at 12:58 AM.
    Running for the thrill of it

Been busy as with work of late so haven posted much latly but i finshed red yesterday and caught all the legendaries and beat the elite league. It was a pice of cake with underleveled pokemon most of mine were mid fourties try doing that on black lol caught the birds easily and mewtwo with a pokeball first ball too though i had frozen him when i saw my masterball was still in my pc when and i was faceing mewtwo i thought here we go but i was wrong hahahahah any way now im on to gold as part of my replay of all the games
    Last edited by Blaze_87; 8th June 2012 at 1:47 AM.
    With Out Evil There Would Be No Good In A World Were for Every Shade Of Blue There is a shade Of Grey

I did all the crap Bike Path stuff, and lord the Kanto routes have too many trainers. On the long ones, my team barely manages to lug itself to the next city. So I eventually reached Fuschia City in a battered and bruised state, and I immediately headed to the Pokemon Centre. Being incredibly optimistic, I opened a new box in Bills PC because I convinced myself that catching ~20 Pokemon at the Safari Zone would be a possibility.

Turns out, the Pokemon in the Safari Zone are *****es to catch. At first, I only managed a Lv.20 Rhyhorn and a Lv.36 Nidoran, the latter of which wasn't even an intentional capture. However, as the tour progressed, I also picked up the pace and managed to catch an Exeggcute, Nidorina, Marowak and Scyther. I kinda resigned myself to the fact that a Chansey and Dragonair would be nothing more than some dream. After picking up HM03 and returning the Gold Teeth to the warden I saved before the Fuschia Gym.

Lv. 33 - Lv. 33 - Lv. 33 - Lv. 34 - Lv.31 - Lv.31

Reserve:
    ??? (Day Care Centre)
    Running for the thrill of it

In my pokemon red game (Which i had since 1996), my game reseted and I chose a Charmander. Ewhen I fought Brok the first time this was my team:
    Charmander lv.14
    Ratata lv.4
    pidgey lv.8
    Beedrill lv.10
    Pikachu lv.3

My charmander is named infernodon. and inn the Brock battle, i single handed beaten him with Charmander with ember.

Today I began a new adventure through the Kanto Region on Pokemon Red. Prof. Oak welcomed me to the world of Pokemon, then asked for my name. I told him that my name is Josh, and soon afterwords, he needed to be reminded of his grandchild's name. Laughing, I reminded him that his grandchild's name is Clyde. I was then in front of my TV and walked downstairs and outside. Before I could walk any further north through the tall grass, Prof. Oak spotted me and took me along to his Pokemon Lab, where Clyde was impatiently waiting. Prof. Oak told us that we could each have a Pokemon. After examining all three Pokemon - Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur - I decided to chose the water turtle, who I named Tuck. Clyde chose Bulbasaur, and on my way out, he challenged me to a Pokemon Battle. Using a combination of Tail Whip and Tackle, Tuck and I quickly defeated Clyde. I then proceeded to Route 1, where I leveled up Tuck a little bit. Soon enough, I arrived in Viridian City and healed Tuck at the Pokemon Center. Next, I strolled on over to the Poke Mart, where the Clerk asked me to deliver a Parcel to Prof. Oak in Pallet Town. With the help of several ledges I arrived back at Prof. Oak's lab and delivered his Parcel. After he thanked me, Clyde arrived once more at the Pokemon Lab. Prof. Oak then gave us both a Pokedex and told us to catch all the Pokemon we can. I then left and received a Town Map from Clyde's sister. When I arrived in Viridian City once more, Tuck was already Lv. 8. I decided to go to the West and catch a Spearow, who I named Warden. I then leveled up Warden to Lv. 7 and healed at the Pokemon Center. Saved.

Trainer: Josh
    Time: 0:31
    Badges: 0

Just bought blue in working condition, just wondering does anyone know does Missingno appear if you do the mew glitch?
    3DS Friend Code 4270-0407-8371

Friend Safari:Kirlia, Floette(Blue) and Jigglypuff

Got Pokemon Red on my Android phone.. and currently at Rock Tunnel with my

Lv 26 Nidoking, 26 Clefable, 28 Ivysaur, and 21 Kadabra.

In a few hours.. I will have the "glitched" Mew on my team.. and it will be wonderful. Made sure not to battle the trainers to activate it.. so.. woo!

I love this game.

I started Yellow, and delivered the package to Oak. I caught a Pidgey and Rattata, and leveled Pikachu up to level 10

Re-started again this weekend (Red), stored all the important ones on my Yellow and have traded back my real team now, just not the version exclusives yet. Currently 7 badges with:

Charizard: 65
    Jolteon: 65
    Alakazam: 64
    Poliwrath: 64
    Victreebel: 63
    Golem: 63

I traded my Squirtle back instantly because Venusaur, Blastoise and Alakazam, (from another Abra,) would be enough to beat all the way up to Sabrina, (Level 70 traded allowed,) which it was then I brought over the above 6 so I could curb-stomp through the rest.

Spoiler:- Pokemon currently on Yellow:

I've now also got Articuno, Zapdos, Jynx, Mr. Mime, Lickitung and Dratini but very few common ones except a sporing Parasect. Only 39 caught.
    Last edited by ToeyJoey; 15th July 2012 at 8:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Yellow

Red

Blue

TRE
    Last edited by Crobat_Curse; 27th July 2012 at 12:23 PM.

I'm gonna beat the elite four for the final time since I willl begin a new game on my yellow version. Perhaps the only game I actually completed the pokedex.
    The marriage between Princess Peach from the Mario world and Cractus from the Wario world will begin

3DS FC: 2552-0845-5282
    Feel free to add me ^_^

Beat the Elite 4 a while ago now, took cumulative damage of about 36 across the six Pokemon, Victreebel only got one attack, Golem two, Alakazam blew Agatha away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Just recently restarted my Red version. Picked Charmander, battled trainers, followed the directions on a YouTube video which was basically a tutorial for a recently discovered glitch, the usual stuff like that. I'm nearly at Pewter City now, and will soon challenge Brock.

Team:
    Charmander
    Lv. 9
    Ember
    Scratch
    Growl

Nidoking
    Lv. 100
    Thrash
    Poison Sting
    Horn Attack
    Tackle

Venusaur
    Lv. 100
    Tackle
    Growl
    Leech Seed

Will keep you all posted.

EDIT: As you can imagine, Brock gave me little trouble. I'm currently in Mt. Moon, and my team is as thus;

Charmeleon
    Lv. 16
    Ember
    Scratch
    Growl
    Leer

Nidoking
    Lv. 100
    Thrash
    Poison Sting
    Horn Attack
    Water Gun

Venusaur
    Lv. 100
    Tackle
    Growl
    Leech Seed
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 3rd August 2012 at 7:45 AM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Being off uni with absolutely nothing to do has resulted in my boredom reaching new extremes haha. I posted my teams from RBY somewhere above, but I've recently revisited them and I've been working on their movesets a little. My Red file in particular is about 12 years old, so you can imagine how awful some of their attacks were. Also, I apologize in advance for this mammoth post.

Red

I've had this same team for as long as I can remember, bar a few nickname changes along the way. I've contemplated restarting on a number of occasions, but I just don't have the heart really. These are also rare candied to level 100 from about level 50-odd. I regret it now, but eh, can't say I thought much of it when I was about 7.

Skunk [100]
    Razor Leaf, Swords Dance, Sleep Powder, Body Slam
    My first ever starter and one of the few I haven't renamed over the years. God knows what relevance skunks have to dinosaurs - I'd like to say there's a really deep meaning to this name, but I think it just happened to be the fact that skunks were my favourite animal as a kid. Had to trade to GS to get rid of the awful Cut, but the rest of the moveset is fairly bog standard. Razor Leaf for STAB and Body Slam since he has very little options beside Grass and Normal. Sleep Powder is there to cripple enemies and allow him time to Swords Dance up.

Jales [100]
    Double Edge, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Fire Blast
    The anime is pretty much what persuaded me to use Jiggly and I do remember being mighty disappointed when there wasn't a "draw on" move specifically in her honour. I also always presumed every Pokemon evolved by level, so you can imagine my frustration when she was still a Jiggly at level 40-odd. Once I got round to reading the handbook I eventually evolved her haha. Her moveset basically takes advantage of her huge Special movepool, adding Fire and Electric coverage to the team. Double Edge is for STAB. The recoil is annoying but it's by far her most powerful option.

Hugo [100]
    Psychic, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch
    Only reason this guy was originally put on the team is because I reveled in how much he creeped out my sister. I can definitely can see where her fear came from, especially after hearing stories of how it abducts children. I still find him strangely cute though and he remains one of my all-time favourites. His movepool is pretty baron in Gen 1, so I traded him to Crystal to teach him the elemental punches for coverage.

Dux [100]
    Slash, Fly, Swords Dance, Body Slam
    I don't think I ever realized how bad Farfetch'd actually was when I originally used him (I certainly wouldn't have suspected that he didn't have even one stat over 65.) Aesthetically he always was one of my favourites, so I'm glad I actually managed to use him to some success in Gen I. I remember being bloody ecstatic at receiving him in return for a Spearow haha. Moveset basically consists of STAB moves but that's all he had in RBY. Slash is fantastic with its high crit ratio and Fly not only provides secondary STAB, but is useful ingame. Since a glitch in Gen 1 means crits actually negate stat boosts, Body Slam is used when I have time to Swords Dance up.

Petra [100]
    Surf, Blizzard, Agility, Double Edge
    I actually can't remember how Seadra came to be on the team, it was probably influenced by the anime again. I do recall her nickname being the oh-so-original "Bubbles" for a number of years though. Like the majority of Gen 1, her movepool is ridiculously shallow, so outside STAB Surf and the nifty Blizzard (which has 90% accuracy in Gen 1) she has very few options. Double Edge is to dent fellow Water types, whereas Agility is just filler in all honesty.

Bullet [100]
    Fly, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Hyper Beam
    One of my all-time favourite movies as a child was the Land Before Time, so you can imagine my reaction when this beast emerged from the Old Amber. Needless to say, he instantly filled the remaining spot on my team. He's probably the star of the team, and his speed means his critical hit ratio is through the roof. He gets no Rock STAB is Gen 1 or 2, which is quite frankly ridiculous, so I rely on Fly mainly for attacking. Earthquake is fantastic for killing Rock types who otherwise resist this set entirely (I actually started a new file on Crystal to get the Earthquake TM specifically for him) and Fire Blast is essentially there because he has no other options and because I love its animation in Gen 1. Hyper Beam is a brilliant move in Gen 1 with the different mechanics, and usually maims anything that doesn't resist it.

Probably quite an unconventional team and a few type overlaps, but I can't ever see myself overwriting this save file. Too many memories.

Blue

This team was originally my sister's, but she stopped playing a looong time ago, so I've sort of taken this team under my wing. She was a good number of years older than me when she started playing, so this team's movesets weren't quite as tragic. (I.e 4 Psychic moves on Hypno/Water Gun and Bubblebeam on Seadra)

Sawyer [73]
    Surf, Blizzard, Earthquake, Strength
    The Squirtle line has had a soft spot in my heart ever since the Squirtle Squad episode aired. And like Ash's Squirtle, this guy's also pretty badass. Surf is very powerful with STAB factored in, whereas Blizzard kills Grass-types. Earthquake isn't all that necessary, but he has decent enough Attack and it can do a heavy chunk to opposing Water-types. Strength was exclusively for in-game and Victory Road, but it's not a terrible a move.

Juliet [74]
    Fly, Double-Edge, Hyper Beam, Mirror Move
    I'm sure everyone and their mother used the Pidgey line back in the day, and this team is no exception. Random fact, but we actually had a pet pigeon named after her haha. But yeah, again, this set is very uninspired, with only STAB options. Fly's the only decent Flying move she learns in Gen 1 really, so it's a given. Double-Edge is for normal STAB and is actually quite destructive despite her average Attack stat. Hyper Beam is her most powerful move, but not the most reliable. Mirror Move is filler because her other options are just abysmal really, but it's quite a fun move I suppose.

Miss [73]
    Blizzard, Hyper-Beam, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast
    When me and my sister used to battle via link cable, this thing would destroy my Red team every time with Blizzard and Hyper Beam, which isn't really surprisingly in hindsight haha. But yeah, this thing is pretty monstrous, with Hyper Beam STAB and the BoltBeam combo. Fire Blast doesn't serve much purpose, but it's a powerful move, so why not.

Amelia [72]
    Mega Drain, Double-Edge, Toxic, Confuse Ray
    When I first picked up this cartridge, I remember her being distinctively lower than the rest of the team in terms of levels, so I've grinded her up to match the others. I can definitely see why she trailed behind though; no STAB options, since she learns no Poison moves and only Wing Attack as Flying STAB (which has 35 BP in RBY.) Double-Edge is her main move, whereas Mega Drain hits Rock types relatively hard and recovers some recoil damage. Toxic and Confuse Ray are mainly filler but can be rather annoying if used.

Bo [73]
    Flamethrower, Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Reflect
    This was my sister's favourite Pokemon as a child, so it's no surprise why this is on the team. Flareon isn't actually awful in Gen 1 because of 110 Special Attack, unlike subsequent gens. Flamethrower is there for obligatory STAB, whereas Body Slam takes advantage of her fantastic attack (and the paralyze chance is great considering her low speed.) Hyper Beam maims most things that doesn't resist it, whereas Reflect is purely filler, but I suppose it'll help her poor Defense stat.

Tristan [74]
    Slash, Swords Dance, Hyper Beam, Wing Attack
    There used to be a Parasect in place of him for a number of years, since I distinctly remember being constantly Spored to death during link battles. Can't blame my sister for replacing it with Scyther though, since he's infinitely better in almost every way. His learnset is dire in Gen 1 - he learns absolutely no Bug moves and Wing Attack (his only Flying STAB) is pitifully weak in RBY, so I pretty much rely on Slash for his damage-dealing, which is pretty lethal with it's high crit ratio and Scyther's high base speed. Hyper Beam is a great finisher move, whereas Swords Dance powers up both it and Wing Attack.

Yellow

This team originally came about as a bit of a joke with my friends about Kanto's most underused/rejected Pokemon and just sort of evolved from there. It's not as old as the two above (only about 5 years or so) so thankfully I didn't have to revamp their movesets too much.

Reed [59]
    Fly, Flamethrower, Swords Dance, Earthquake
    I'll admit it, I'm not really a huge fan of Charizard and he's certainly my least favourite of the original trio. However, since I'd already used the others, I thought I'd give him a shot out of fairness. He's nothing special in Gen 1, since his Special stat is in fact his Special Defense in later gens, so he doesn't hit very hard with Flamethrower. Fly is for secondary STAB whereas EQ covers Rock-types which resist his STAB options. Swords Dance is useful for boosting EQ and Fly.

Meg [59]
    Mega Drain, Bind, Sleep Powder, Amnesia
    I don't think I need to justify this one's inclusion on the team. Pretty much one of the most forgotten Pokemon of Gen 1, which is strange since she's actually surprisingly good in RBY (before the Special split which gave her abysmal Special Defense.) She was a lot of effort, since I actually needed to chain breed Amnesia onto her in Crystal, but it's an awesome move in Gen 1, especially since she has Sleep Powder, giving her time to set up. She has literally no coverage outside Grass and Normal, so I've went for Bind since it's actually a decent move in RBY.

Cheska [59]
    Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Rock Slide
    Honestly, I had no idea this thing existed till at least 3 years after I started playing (which is odd since Giovanni used her...) and I would've never guess she was based on a Kangaroo on appearance alone. She's basically a poor man's Tauros because of her awful Special stat, but eh, she's decent enough. Body Slam is brilliant due to the paralysis chance, and of course provides a reliable STAB option. Earthquake and Rock Slide and quite powerful coverage options, with the former denting Rock Types, and I don't think I need to justify Hyper Beam being used yet again haha.

Twitch [59]
    Psychic, Thunderbolt, Fire Punch, Ice Punch
    I'll be the first to admit that this guy is rather terrifying, especially in his Gen 1 sprites. He's among the most hated of the Kanto mons so he fits this team perfectly. He pretty much has the exact same moveset as Hypno bar the more powerful T-Bolt over T-Punch. He was originally caught in Crystal and traded over, so he levels faster than the others (bar Meg) which is always helpful.

Dribble [59]
    Drill Peck, Tri Attack, Hyper Beam, Mimic
    This guy's usually overlooked in favour of Pidgeot/Fearow, which is odd since he's far superior. And his design is pretty sick imo. Drill Peck is a god-send in Gen 1, since it means I don't have to rely on Fly for decent STAB, or Sky Attack, which he's too frail to put to good use really. Tri Attack is a fun STAB alternative to the usual Double-Edge and the chance of crippling an enemy with Freeze/Burn/Paralysis is always helpful. Again, Hyper Beam because it's actually useable this gen. Mimic is there because he literally has nothing else, and I might get lucky and mimic EQ for Rock Types.

Clyde [59]
    Clamp, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Surf
    I find Shellder adorable so I didn't actually evolve him until the Pokemon League. Cloyster is a monster really. 180 Defense and none of his horrid Special Defense like in later gens. Clamp is there since trapping moves are actually quite potent in RBY. It's inaccurate though, so Surf provides a more reliable alternative. Blizzard is for coverage and handles Grass-types well, while Hyper Beam takes advantage of his decent Attack stat and deals with other Water types quite efficiently.

Last edited by Crobat_Curse; 15th August 2012 at 3:15 PM.

Decided to start a new yellow version game. Rival got beat down in the first battle, and now i'm training up before I head out further!

Lvl 9

Lvl 8
    "Move forward, and never fear failure."

I had neglected my Blue version over the past few months, but I went back to it recently. I started out in Pewter City since I was trying to get my hands on Brock’s Boulder Badge. I quickly rushed over to the Poke Mart to buy some Potions, then I went and challenged Brock. He sent out his Geodude, and I used my Pikachu. Sadly, Pikachu wasn’t exactly effective against Rock-type Geodude, so I used Charmander next. I managed to defeat Geodude eventually, but Brock’s Onix took a long time to beat; I had to heal Charmander with two Potions because Onix kept using Bind and Tackle. Once I defeated Onix, Charmander evolved into Charmeleon and I won the Badge. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I headed out to Route 3. I battled a few trainers there and evolved my Metapod into a Butterfree. After healing my Pokemon again, I continued east toward Mt. Moon.

I recently traded a shiny Gyarados from my Pokémon Silver version to my Blue version, in order to check the blue Ditto trick.

I managed to find the Pokemon Center at the foot of Mt. Moon, and I healed my Pokemon there. Some guy tried to sell me a Magikarp inside, and I decided to buy it so I could train a Gyarados later on. I swapped Pokemon on the PC, and then I entered Mt. Moon. Once inside the cavern, I battled a wild Zubat and I captured a wild Geodude. I tried to find a Clefairy, but there were too many trainers inside, and I got distracted battling them. I found some stairs after a while, and I went deeper into the cave. I had to exit after about five minutes though; my Pokemon were getting kicked around and they needed to be healed. I captured a wild Paras when I got back, and then I found some Team Rocket grunts. I battled them and I went through some more caves. I eventually located two fossils, and I had to battle a Super Nerd trainer in order to get one. I chose the Helix Fossil and then I saved.

Cool

Alright, been a while. I made it all the way to Cerulean City, and just defeated Misty. Before that, I beat the nugget bridge challenge, and my rival was no match! Now on to the next city...

Lvl 24
    Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Harden, Confusion

Lvl 21
    Fury Swipes, Leer, Low Kick, Karate Chop

Lvl 22
    Poison Powder, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Lvl 22
    Scratch, Growl, Ember, Leer

Lvl 25
    Thundershock, Growl, Tail Whip, Slam
    "Move forward, and never fear failure."

I finally made it out of Mt. Moon after battling all the trainers, and I arrived at Route 4. I headed east until I arrived in Cerulean City and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I also visited the Poke Mart in town and I bought some items there. I wandered around and then I headed back to Route 4 to battle against some of the wild Pokemon there; my team really needed the training, so there was no way to get around it. I stopped training after about 30 minutes and I healed my Pokemon again. I went north but I encountered my rival there and I had to battle him. All the training paid off because I was able to defeat him without losing a single Pokemon. After visiting the Pokemon Center one last time, I arrived at the bridge on Route 24 and I battled some trainers. I eventually beat them all and then I was challenged to a battle by a Team Rocket grunt. I saved after beating him.

I recently purchased a copy of Green version on the internet, and it arrived this past Friday.

I started playing it by looking at the previous owner's file. It was pretty sad - they had no badges, no items, practically no money, and low leveled Pokemon whose attacking moves were limited to just Tackle and Scratch. :P

I then started a new game. I chose Charmander as my starter and defeated my rival's Squirtle in battle. I then went to Viridian City, got Oak's parcel, went back to Pallet, gave it to Oak, got the Pokedex. After that, I bought a bunch of Pokeballs and went to the Viridian Forest, where I caught a Pikachu and a Caterpie. I did some training and then defeated my rival on the route left of Viridian.

Next, I made my way through Viridian Forest and reached Pewter City. Before entering the Gym, I made sure that my Caterpie had evolved into Butterfree and learned Confusion. I used Butterfree's Confusion to take out both of Brock's Pokemon. Once I received my first badge, I went back to the Pokemon Center to heal and then I left the city.

On the way to Mt. Moon, I battled a bunch of trainers. Charmander evolved into Charmeleon too. Inside Mt. Moon, I did more training and picked up some items, including one of the fossils. I also caught a Clefairy, but I'm not sure if I'm going to train it. Eventually, I found the exit and then went to Cerulean City.

North of Cerulean, I battled my rival again and defeated a bunch of other trainers. I then went into the grass, looking for a wild Abra to catch. It took me several tries, but I finally caught one. I used Abra's Teleport to do the Mew Glitch; I caught Mew fairly easily and added it to my team. I continued on my journey and visited Bill's house.

After that, I went to the Gym in Cerulean. I took out Misty's Staryu with Pikachu very easily. Starmie was more difficult; Pikachu died to it. But fortunately, I had paralyzed it, so Charmeleon was able to take it out. I got my second badge and then headed towards the house that was burglarized by Team Rocket. I defeated the Team Rocket member there and obtained the Dig TM.

Then, I went south and took the underground path to Vermillion City. I caught a Diglett in Diglett's Cave, which I'm going to use on my team. I'm going to go to the SS Anne next.

I decided to head back to Cerulean City now that I had another Grass-type for the Cerulean City Gym battle. I headed over to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon and then I visited the local Gym. I battled against the Gym trainers inside the Gym and once those battles were finished, I went right up to Misty and I challenged her to a battle. She sent out his Staryu and I used my Pidgeotto against it. I had to switch over to Charmeleon since Pidgeotto wasn't working too well, and I won the battle against Staryu out of sheer luck. I used my newly-caught Bellsprout against Misty's Starmie, and I was able to win that battle quickly with a couple of Vine Whip attacks. I obtained the Cascade Badge and Misty's Gym's TM after that tough battle, and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center once again. I headed north to Route 24 again after that, and I saved before heading to Cerulean Cape.

I went on the SS Anne, battled a bunch of trainers, and found some items. I also defeated my rival again. Once I obtained the Cut HM, I left and the ship sailed away. After that, I went to the Vermillion Gym. My Diglett owned all the trainers in the Gym and even OHKOed all of Lt. Surge's Pokemon. It grew several levels and even evolved into Dugtrio.

Next, I went back to Diglett's Cave and went all the way back to Route 2 in order to obtain the HM for Flash. I taught Flash to my Abra slave and went back through the cave to Vermillion. I then headed back to Cerulean and then headed east. I continued until I reached Rock Tunnel. I healed at the Pokemon Center beside the cave and then began to make my way through it. Eventually, I found the exit and entered Lavender Town soon after.

There wasn't much to do in Lavender yet so I left for the next city. In Celadon City, I visited the Department Store and obtained several TMs; I taught these TMs to my team members. My Pikachu's moveset was complete after this, so I bought a Thunderstone and used it to evolve Pikachu into Raichu.

Next, I went to the Game Corner and dealt with Team Rocket. The Rockets were not that difficult to defeat so I made my way to Giovanni quickly. I beat him and obtained the Silph Scope. I then made my way back to Lavender and went inside the Pokemon Tower. I destroyed my rival yet again and then proceeded to destroy all the crazy Channelers there. I also beat the Marowak and some more Team Rocket people. At the top of the tower, I found Mr. Fuji, who gave me the Pokeflute.

I used the Pokeflute on the Snorlax south of Lavender Town, which I caught. I then continued down to the house with the guy who gives you the Super Rod. Once I got the rod, I did some fishing and caught a Shellder, which I'm using on my team. I spent quite a bit of time leveling it up to level 30. Also, I defeated the other Snorlax and took a quick trip to Fuchsia and the Safari Zone so that I could get the HMs for Surf and Strength.

Lastly, I did the Celadon Gym. I soloed the Gym with Charmeleon, who did very well against the Grass types there except for stupid Bellsprout Wrap hax. When I defeated Erika, Charmeleon was level 35 and very close to 36. I quickly beat a trainer on Cycling Road so that it could level up and evolve into Charizard.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast