Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

Well, I got my Pikachu shortly after my last post. I named it Dundabawlt. I grinded (ground?) everybody up to level 10 for the battle with Tuna (I like to name my rival that for some reason) -- I was quite surprised that his Pidgey was a higher level than his Bulbasaur, I mean, WTF? After that, I got through Viridian Forest pretty smoothly. It took me forever to get everybody up to level 15 for Brock, but I managed it in the end. Brock was very easy to beat with Water Gun, and I got a Wartortle after the battle!

I left the Safari Zone warden's house after I obtained the Strength HM, and I headed out to the Fuchsia City Pokemon Center in order to heal my Pokemon and to take care of other stuff. I headed out afterwards in order to train my Pokemon some more. Unfortunately, the only places I could really train at were Routes 13, 14, and 15. I battled the trainers there and I also battled against wild Pokemon. I kept training for at least an hour since my Pokemon were really underleveled, and I was able to make good progress after all that grinding. I returned to Fuchsia City and I stocked up on items before setting out to the Gym. I arrived and I had to navigate around the Gym while figuring out where the invisible walls were and while battling Gym trainers. I was able to defeat all the Gym trainers and find Koga's spot in the middle of the Gym, and I saved the game before challenging him to a battle.

A lot of stuff happened since my last post! Well, I managed to get through Mt. Moon with no Repels or Potions without going completely insane, so I'm grateful for that. I got a Pidgeotto and a Nidorino while I was in there... However, it wasn't long after that I came in the possession of a Moon Stone, and I decided to get a Nidoking early. I was a bit unsure as to whether or not it was the right choice, but ultimately, I figured that Fury Attack and Double Kick just weren't worth it. Anyway, I made it safely to Cerulean City. I beat Tuna (once again, surprised by his underlevelled Bulbasaur), and got through Nugget Bridge. I caught an Abra and a Spearow, and, after several attempts, managed to pull off the Mew glitch. I named my Mew Perfo!, and taught it Water Gun and Thunder Wave. Perfo! was level 7 when I got it, while everyone else was level 19, but it was surprisingly easy to grind. I beat the rest of the trainers on Route 24 and I got the SS Ticket from Bill. However, since I'm so close to Misty's level, I decided to hold off on going to Vermillion, and, instead, train everybody to level 22 so I can beat her first.

Koga sent out his first Koffing and I used my Graveler against it. I was able to beat it with Magnitude, and then I switched to my Pidgeot when Koga switched to his Weezing. I was able to hit it with Wing Attack, but Weezing used its Sludge and then Toxic. I had to switch to Graveler again just to beat Weezing, and I used my Charizard against Koga's Muk. I defeated it with Rage and Ember, then I used my Gyarados against Koga's last Koffing and I was able to beat it easily. I obtained the Soul Badge and the Toxic TM from Koga, and then I headed out to the Fuchsia City Pokemon Center in order to heal my Pokemon. I went to the Safari Zone afterwards just to catch some more Pokemon for my Pokedex, and I left town after doing that. I flew to Saffron City and I found out that the whole place was overrun with Team Rocket members. I wandered over to Silph Co. and I saved in the lobby.

Beating Misty turned out to be a bit harder than expected. Her Starmie killed Pikachu, but thankfully, Mew was able to finish the job. I taught Bubblebeam to Nidoking, and after beating the Team Rocket grunt, I taught Dig to Wartortle. I also decided to teach Pikachu Mega Punch. I went ahead and beat all the trainers on the next two routes before starting on the SS Anne. I was incredibly shocked when I realized that the healing room wasn't there – this game IS very different, isn't it? But, in the end it didn't matter, because I made it out of the ship fairly well. (Pikachu lost during the rival battle...) After bidding farewell to the SS Anne, I traded Spearow for Farfetch'd so I could teach it Cut. (I also want to add that Dux > Ch'ding by miles.) By this point, I was already above Lt. Surge's level, so I didn't even have to grind! Lt. Surge was fairly easy to beat with Da King, though, I did have a rough spot with Thrash-induced confusion. I taught Thunderbolt to Pikachu; it sucks that it doesn't get it as a level-up move. After getting the Bike Voucher, I went through Diglett's Cave and got Flash, which I also taught to Pikachu. (Not the best move, I know, but it's better than Growl...) I headed back to Cerulean City and got my bike, bought 99 Repels (LOL), and then headed over to Rock Tunnel. I made it through the tunnel in one piece, and healed in Lavender Town before moving on. I went through the Underground Passage and got to Celadon City, where I got an Eevee, which I named Spud. (No, I don't understand it, either.) I headed over to the department store and bought a Thunderstone and a Fire Stone, leaving me with a Raichu and a Flareon. After that, I saved the game.

I wandered upstairs after arriving at Silph Co. and I encountered some Team Rocket grunts. I battled my way through the second and third floors of the building, and then I headed to the other floors. I spent about 45 minutes clearing out the building while taking time to pick up items and heal my Pokemon in between tough battles. I eventually obtained the key that allowed me to unlock some of the closed doors around Silph Co. I headed to the eleventh floor after talking to some people, but my rival showed up before I could reach my destination. I had to battle against him and when I defeated him, I obtained a free Lapras from an employee. I healed my Pokemon and then I finally arrived on the eleventh floor. I battled against Giovanni and I beat his Nidorino and Kangaskhan with my Graveler, then his Rhyhorn with Gyarados and his Nidoqueen with my Charizard and I saved afterwards.

So, upon leaving the department store, I headed over to Celadon Mansion, expecting to grab the Tea. After getting zilch from the old lady, I realized that there is no Tea in this game, and I had to go back to the store. While I was there, I picked up several TMs. I went to Saffron and got Psychic before heading back to get Fly. I trained everyone up to level 30 before continuing to the Rocket Hideout. After getting the Silph Scope, I challenged Erika's gym, which ended up being very hard due to an annoying combination of Poisonpowder, Wrap, and an inaccurate Fly. Still, I beat her, and I headed off to Pokemon Tower. The tower was a lot harder to beat than I expected, and I kept losing my Nidoking to Gastly – fortunately, I had bought some Revives prior to entering. I got the PokeFlute and headed to Cycling Road, beating Snorlax along the way. I finally made it to the Safari Zone, and it took me several attempts before I made it to the Secret House. After getting Strength, I continued east and beat everyone I could find, getting a Blastoise and Pidgeot in the process. Pretty soon, there were no more trainers left for me to beat, so I buckled down and began grinding against wild Pokemon, which is where I saved the game.

After Giovanni and the rest of the Team Rocket members fled the Silph Co. building, I talked to the president of the company and I was rewarded for my efforts against Team Rocket with a Master Ball. I left the eleventh floor after collecting my prize, and I ended up back downstairs after taking the elevator. I went over to the Saffron City Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. With the crisis over, I could finally challenge the Saffron City Gym, but I decided to visit the Fighting Dojo next door first. I battled against the trainers there and then I faced off against the Karate Master. I beat his Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee easily with Charizard and Pidgeot, and I was told to choose between getting a Hitmonchan or a Hitmonlee of my own. I went with the Hitmonchan, and I went north to Route 5 to leave it at the Day Care to train. I returned to Saffron City and I saved at the Saffron Gym.

Decided to continue my Yellow journey. I wanted to restart but I saw my old file had 0:24 minutes played, so what the heck XD

I was at Viridian Forest. Caught a Caterpie and made it evolved to Butterfree to defeat Brock. Then received my badge. Trained my Pokemon up to Lv 15 then caught myself a Sandshrew in Mt Moon.

Trained some more and Pikachu is Lv 17 now while Butterfree's at Lv 16 and Sandshrew at Lv 14.

Reference: Mazoku means evil monster and Zel is a character who hates mazoku's in Slayers, nya~

I trained everybody up to level 38, and then I took on the Fighting Dojo, which was extremely easy with Pidgeot and Mew in my team. I got a Hitmonlee. Afterwards, I went right back to that patch of grass and trained everyone up to level 42. Once I got to that level, I headed for Silph Co., and battled every Rocket and Scientist I could find. After beating Giovanni, everyone was around level 44-45, so I was ready challenge the gym. I decided to beat Sabrina first, as I heard that Psychic-types are very strong in this game, and I wanted to just get it over with. I honestly ended up having more trouble with the Channelers then with Sabrina herself -- Gastly/Haunter is so broken in this game. Immediately after getting the Marsh Badge, I went straight to Fuchsia to take on Koga. Again, I had more trouble with the trainers then with him; in particular, the Juggler with the Hypno. After beating Koga, I flew to Pallet Town and took a rest, which is where I saved the game.

I battled the Gym trainers as I roamed around the Saffron City Gym while looking for Sabrina's spot at the middle of the Gym. I had to leave the Gym temporarily in order to heal my Pokemon at the Saffron City Pokemon Center, but then I returned in order to battle against Sabrina when I finally found her spot after using those pesky warp tiles. I challenged her and I used my Pidgeot against her Kadabra and I was able to beat it with a couple of Wing Attacks. I then used my Charizard against Sabrina's Alakazam and I defeated it after throwing a couple of Fly attacks at it. I used my Pidgeot again against Sabrina's Venomoth and I beat it with Wing Attack, then all that was left was her Mr. Mime. I used my Victreebel against it, but that didn't go well since Mr. Mime's Confusion was super effective against it. I used Gyarados instead and I got the Marsh Badge and TM 46 after beating Sabrina.

I made it down to Cinnabar Island, battling trainers along the way. After arriving, I healed and then went through the mansion, looking for the Secret Key. Once I found it, I went ahead and battled all of the trainers leading up to Seafoam Islands, on both sides. Then, I returned to the mansion and trained everyone up to level 48 before taking on Blaine. I battled all of the trainers in the gym before challenging him, which was very easy with Blastoise at the front. Afterwards, I went back to the mansion to grind once again for Giovanni, which is where I left off.
    Last edited by SparklingSapphire; 28th February 2013 at 3:05 PM.

I healed my Pokemon at the Saffron City Pokemon Center after I defeated Sabrina and got the Marsh Badge. I did some shopping and I bought some items before I left Saffron City. I headed south to Vermilion City and then I went to Route 11 and the Diglett Cave area. I took the long way to Fuchsia City since I wanted to capture some Pokemon anyway, and I also stopped by the Safari Zone again when I arrived in Fuchsia City. I then headed south to Route 19 and I Surfed. I battled some Swimmers as I wandered the sea, and I also battled some pesky wild Tentacool. I made my way west toward Route 20 and the Seafoam Islands, and I arrived after battling some more Swimmers and Beauty's. I entered the cavern and I wandered around the ice while capturing wild Pokemon like Seel and Slowpoke. I eventually arrived at a place with boulders and I used Strength to push them.

lets see. Yellow

Fought my rival and also the trainers along the way except for the slowpoke kid since i need it to trigger Mew

Left Bulba at the daycare whilst i train

Then my team is lv18. Need to level up to lv25 like pikachu then saved at ss anne nya~

I changed the direction of the currents inside the Seafoam Islands and I was able to reach new areas. I found Articuno's spot at the back of an ice floe eventually, and I challenged it to a battle. I was able to weaken it slowly, and then I started tossing Ultra Balls at it. It still took a really long time to successfully capture it though, then I Surfed toward another little island and I used a staircase that led to the exit of the cavern. I eventually arrived outside again and I Surfed toward Cinnabar Island. I battled some more trainers along the way and I healed my Pokemon at the Cinnabar Island Pokemon Center upon arrival. I also did some shopping at the Poke Mart. I then visited the lab and I talked to some people inside. I headed back out to the Gym, but it was locked. I needed the key that unlocked it, so I went to the Pokemon Mansion. I wandered the first floor and I saved the game inside.

Yellow

Defeated all the trainers at St Anne even my rival and left one Sailor. Then restored all my pokemon except for Sandshrew and let it faint to another trainer so St Anne stays there till i get surf LOL. i do this all the time xD

Then went through rock tunnel without flash coz i can! I knew the way since i played it first time. Never got into flash until i played LG

Then had a Jolteon for the team. Then went to get Fly to gt me a Mew glitch xD then saved, nya~

Team:
    Mew lv7
    Squirtle lv17
    Sandshrew lv23
    Charmeleon lv23
    Pikachu lv25
    Jolteon lv25

I wandered throughout the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island and I battled a couple of trainers as I made my way around the burnt place. I also found the Mewtwo journals and I read them as I wandered around the first couple of floors; it was interesting learning about Mewtwo's creation and all that stuff. I finally found another part of the Pokemon Mansion to explore, but there were more trainers down there, mostly Burglar class trainers. I eventually found the the Secret Key item that would unlock the Cinnabar Island Gym, but I stayed at the mansion a little longer to train and capture Pokemon. I left after grinding for about 45 minutes, and I healed my Pokemon before visiting the Gym. Once inside, I battled my way through the Gym; I could've easily answered the Gym's quiz questions, but my Pokemon really needed the experience, so I battled the Gym trainers. I saved at Blaine's place.

I spent a long time training up my Pokemon until they were all level 50 or above. But before going to the Elite Four, I went to catch the legendary birds. All three of them were easy to catch; I did not have to throw that many Ultra Balls to get them. I then went to the Safari Zone and caught several Pokemon...including Chansey! But...my sister then dropped the game before I could save and it froze. >_>
    I had to catch Articuno again. I did not feel like re-catching all the Safari Zone Pokemon, though, so I went to the Pokemon League. The Elite Four gave me no problems at all. I entered the Hall of Fame, watched the credits, then ended up back at Pallet Town.

I battled against Blaine at the Cinnabar Island Gym and I used my Gyarados against his Growlithe. I defeated it easily with Surf, then I used my Graveler against Blaine's Rapidash. I attacked Rapidash with Earthquake, but Rapidash survived and attacked with Fire Spin. That didn't do much damage though, and Graveler's second Earthquake attack was more than enough to defeat Rapidash. I used my Gyarados again against Blaine's Arcanine, but that battle didn't lost long either thanks to Hydro Pump. I sent out my Charizard to battle against Blaine's Ponyta, and I won with Fly. I obtained the Volcano Badge from Blaine along with the Fire Blast TM. I left the Cinnabar Island Gym after that and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center before plotting my next move. I decided to just Surf to Pallet Town, so I headed north. I battled some Fishermen and Swimmers along Route 21 and saved there.

I am currently going for Lavender Town, my team (Red):
    Paras Lv. 22 Newest Member, Cut slave (despite being a post-game member, wont use him in the E4 though)
    Pikachu Lv. 27 Won't evolve him, knows Thunderbolt, will learn Flash after Paras evolves (9 Pokemon caught currently), to be use vs. the E4
    Ivysaur Lv. 27 Stater, member for the E4
    Buterfree Lv. 26 Part of my post-game team, not of my E4 one.

I was a bit reckless with money in my previous runs, so I will only buy Pokeballs for Pokemon who are not planed to be part of my final team after the E4.

Long time since I last played, so I am uncertain if can go to Lavender town yet (3 badges). I'll try anyways, won't hurt right!

I arrived in Pallet Town after Surfing from Cinnabar Island. I visited my house and then Professor Oak's lab before I headed north to Route 1. I passed along the path until I arrived in Viridian City, where I was going to challenge the Viridian City Gym. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center before heading over there. Once at the Gym, I battled a couple of Gym trainers then I stepped on the special tiles and I was sent around the Gym spinning. I continued to battle against trainers inside the Gym and I stepped out after a while in order to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center again. I decided to do some more training in order to level up my Pokemon for the Gym battle. I flew to Cinnabar Island again and I battled some wild Pokemon at the Pokemon Mansion, then I Surfed to the Seafoam Islands and I did more training there for about 45 minutes before saving in Viridian City.

Cool

Hey guys atm i've just started a play through of pokemon yellow. Im currently in cerulean city where I'm lvl grinding to beat misty after catching mew through the mew glitch. Witch was relatively easy after paralysing him with my pikachu, then slowly reducing his health with my zubat and leach life all the way down to 1 hp. Three pokeball's later and he was caught.

My team atm consists of

Lvl 25 Mankey
    Scratch
    Low kick
    Karate chop
    Fury swipes

Lvl 25 Pikachu
    Slam
    Quick attack
    Thunder shock
    Thunder wave

Lvl 23 Pidgeotto
    Gust
    Quick attack
    Sand attack

Lvl 8 Zubat
    Leach life
    With Out Evil There Would Be No Good In A World Were for Every Shade Of Blue There is a shade Of Grey

After training my Pokemon at various locations around Kanto, I decided to head back to Viridian City. I headed west toward the first Pokemon League gates but I encountered my rival before I arrived there. I had to battle against him and after I defeated him, I had to heal my Pokemon again at the Viridian City Pokemon Center. I continued west until I arrived at the gate and I had the guard check my Boulder Badge. I headed north towards Victory Road after that and some other guards checked my badges. I kept going until I finally had all my badges checked, and I entered Victory Road. I had to push a boulder in order to activate a switch inside, then I battled some trainers. I also battled against wild Pokemon as I made my way around, but I mostly focused on defeating the various trainers inside the cave. I kept pushing boulders around and I eventually arrived at Moltres's lair and I saved the game.

I started yellow. I got a pidgey. Then a nidoran. Can't beat brock, Help please.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

I tried to capture Moltres inside Victory Road, but it was a hard thing to do especially since I was running low on Ultra Balls and my Pokemon were already injured from some of the trainers battles inside the cave. I eventually managed to snag Moltres, but I headed out of Victory Road and I healed my Pokemon at the Viridian City Pokemon Center. I headed back to Victory Road and I finally cleared out all the trainers and I found the exit. I went north until I reached the Indigo Plateau and the Pokemon League HQ building. I entered it and I bought some items there. I decided to do some more training before challenging the Elite Four, so I went back to Victory Road to battle against some wild Pokemon for 30 minutes.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast