Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

Just went through Silph Co. I've got to level up a little bit before I fight Sabrina, my arch nemesis.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I wandered north from Pallet Town into Route 1 and I battled wild Pokemon in the tall grass in order to train my Squirtle some more. I eventually managed to arrive at my destination after about 10 minutes: Viridian City. I headed to the Pokemon Center first to heal my Squirtle who had sustained injuries in the field. Then I went over to the Poke Mart next door and I obtained Oak's parcel there. I wandered south to Pallet Town again and I gave the parcel to Professor Oak at his lab. I was given some Poke Balls before I left and I went back to Route 1. Once I was back in Viridian City. I watched some old man's Pokemon catching demonstration and I headed north to Route 2 next. I battled more wild Pokemon and saved.

After years of not playing the games Red & Yellow, I found then in a box collecting dust. Started them over and now on Yellow I beat Brock with a Mankey solo. My team is:

Mankey-Lvl 10
    Pikachu-Lvl 10
    Pigedotto-Lvl 10
    Nidoran (female)-Lvl 10

I arrived at the Viridian Forest gatehouse. I entered the actual forest and I battled against the wild Bug-type Pokemon in the area, as well as against the trainers there. I collected some items off the ground as I wandered through the forest, and I caught a wild Pikachu and a wild Metapod too. I headed deeper into the forest while battling more wild Pokemon and trainers in order to level up my Pokemon until I arrived at the forest's exit. I arrived at the northern part of Route 2 and I quickly arrived in Pewter City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and then I did some shopping at the Poke Mart. I visited the Pewter Museum of Science, then I went back to Route 2 in order to train some more in the forest.

After beating Brock I went to Mt. Moon, after facing the trainers on Route 3. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center before entering Mt. Moon, I also got a Magikarp which is now lvl 10. I'm in Mt. Moon at the moment, battled two Team Rocket members and found a few items.

I know on the Magikarp thing, most would say a waste of money, but easyer way to get the Magikarp earlier in the game. Also a Gyrodos.

Edit:

After having Team Rocket's Jessie & James beat me, went back through and beat them. I reached Cerulean City, I healed my Pokemon and headed for the bridge where I ran in to and beat Gary. Went back to the Pokemon Center and put the Nidoran (F) in the box along with Sandrew. And then went on the bridge again to face the trainers. Headed to Bill's. I got a Charmander and saved.
    Last edited by CGS; 8th September 2013 at 7:28 AM.

I trained my Squirtle and other Pokemon on Route 2 and in the Viridian Forest so that I could be prepared for the upcoming Pewter City Gym battle. I headed back to Pewter City after training for 40 minutes, and I healed my Pokemon and then I visited the local Gym. I battled against one Gym trainer inside and then I walked up to Brock's spot. I challenged him and at first I used Rattata since I wanted it to gain some experience, then I switched to Squirtle to finish Geodude off with Bubble. I switched to Pidgey afterwards in order for it to gain some experience as well, and I used Squirtle to finish off Brock's Onix with Water Gun. Squirtle evolved into Wartortle after the battle and I saved after getting the Boulder Badge.

Currently on the S.S.Anne training my Charmander and Magikarp to evolve. Magikarp is lvl 17, so getting close to evolving. Charmander is lvl 15, soon to be a Charmelon. Once Charmander evolves and hits lvl 20 I'll go on to the next gym which is my 3rd gym battle against LT. Surge. Then on to Rock Tunnel.

Credit to Inferno Production!

Training Pokemon to lvl 20 for my 3rd badge, battled and beat Gary, got HM 01. Used the S.S. Anne to get my Pokemon up to lvl 18. So won't be long till I face the gym leader.

After getting the Boulder Badge and a TM from Brock at the Pewter City Gym, I headed out to the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. I headed over to the Poke Mart afterwards to stock up on Poke Balls and Potions, then I headed out to Route 3. I battled tons of trainers in the area upon arrival and I trained my Pokemon in the tall grass as well. I caught some Pokemon there, then I healed my team at the Pokemon Center at the foot of Mt. Moon. I purchased a Magikarp from a salesman there as well, and I entered Mt. Moon after that. I caught a Geodude and a Zubat inside, and after swapping Pokemon at the Pokemon Center once more, I returned to Mt. Moon and I continued to explore the cave.

I played my Blue version this past Sunday just for fun. I decided to catch some Pokemon, since I haven't caught that many on my Blue. First, I went to the Viridian Forest and caught a Weedle and a Caterpie. Then, I headed down to Route 1, where I caught Pidgey and Ratatta. I then decided to level up these Pokemon a bit. I went to the Pokemon Mansion in Cinnabar and trained the Caterpie and Weedle until they were fully evolved. After that, I went to Victory Road and trained the Ratatta until it was level 13 or so. I may do more training and catching later, but it depends if I feel like it or not.

I caught a Paras and a Clefairy as I continued to explore Mt. Moon and I battled more trainers and even Team Rocket grunts along the cavern as I got deeper into it. I picked up items as well and I eventually reached the place with the fossils. I battled against a Super Nerd class trainer there and after winning I picked up the Helix Fossil. I continued to move inside of Mt. Moon until I reached the exit and I arrived on Route 4. I battled some more trainers as I headed towards Cerulean City. Once at my destination I healed my Pokemon and visited places of interest around town including the Pokemon Center. I went back to Route 4 to train my team in the tall grass for a while in order to level them up before the Gym challenge.

So today, I installed this emulator on my mobile Phone and started playing pokemon red version. Currently thinking of team members, any recommendings would be welcome.
    My team so far:
    charmander; Beesteding
    - schratch
    - growl
    - ember
    - ((empty))

currently searching for a pikachu.

Edit: decided to quit searching for a pikachu. I think I wont need it right now.
    caught a nidoran((boy)). Also did some levelling. So here is my new team:

charmander; Beestding; level 15
    - schratch
    - growl
    - ember
    - leer

nidoran ((male)); KERELTJE; level 9
    - tackle
    - leer
    - horn drill
    - ((empty))

currently training for brocko the master

Edit: after some grinding I decide to battle brock. Basiclly my charmeleon just wiped his team with ember. current team

charmeleon; Beestding; level 17
    - schratch
    - growl
    - ember
    - leer

nidoran ((male)); KERELTJE; level 14
    - tackle
    - leer
    - horn drill
    - poison sting

currently taking a break

Edit: Just went in mt moon and trained a bit. KERELTJE evolved. Also caught a paras, although I am not sure if I will use it. current team:

charmeleon; Beestding; level 20
    - schratch
    - growl
    - ember
    - leer

nidorino; KERELTJE; level 19
    - tackle
    - leer
    - horn drill
    - poison sting

paras; Schimmel; level 10
    - scratch
    - ((empty))
    - ((empty))
    - ((empty))

Now i am going to sleep. It is 22:19 over here, and I have to go to school tommorrow. I'll probably update again tomorrow!
    Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 4th October 2013 at 5:05 PM. Reason: some mistakes made
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

After training my Pokemon at Route 4 for close to 30 minutes, I returned to Cerulean City and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I then headed over to the Poke Mart in order to purchase some Potions, and then I visited the Gym. I battled against the Gym trainers inside and I was able to clear a path to Misty. I challenged her and I used Pidgeotto against her Staryu. I defeated it easily and then I used my Pikachu against her Starmie. That battle ended easily as well thanks to Pikachu's ThunderShock, and I obtained the Cascade Badge and a TM from Misty afterwards. I headed out of the Gym to heal my Pokemon again, then I went to Route 4 to level up some of my other Pokemon before heading north.

just a new post so that my post doesnt become too long. Just got trough Mt. Moon. Placed Paras in storage forever. Currently wondering when I should evolve my nidorino and what pokemon I am going to catch more....
    My team:

charmeleon; Beestding; level 21
    - schratch
    - growl
    - ember
    - leer

nidorino; KERELTJE; level 21
    - tackle
    - leer
    - horn drill
    - poison sting

Edit: So I decided to evolve my nidorino into a nidoking, so that it can learn trash. Also caught an oddish, nicknamed Planotomo. Currently training it to about the level it evolves and then I will take on misty. Current team:

charmeleon; Beestding; level 23
    - schratch
    - growl
    - ember
    - leer

nidoking; KERELTJE; level 23
    - tackle
    - trash ((accendently erased the wrong move ))
    - horn drill
    - poison sting

oddish; Planotomo; level 17
    - absorb
    - poison powder
    - stun spore
    - ((empty))

currently just training a bit....

Edit: did some more training. I have just beaten my rival on the SS Anne. currently a bit wandering around there. Taught my Nidoking mega puch so that I had room to pick up bodyslam. Still, my item inventory is full, sadly enough. Will have to frop some things in the PC. Oh and Planotomo also evolved and I got the cascade badge

charmeleon; Beestding; level 24
    - schratch
    - rage
    - ember
    - leer

nidoking; KERELTJE; level 25
    - megapuch
    - trash
    - horn attack ((only just now I noticed that I wrote down Horn drill before, small mistake...))
    - poison sting

gloom; Planotomo; level 24
    - absorb
    - poison powder
    - stun spore
    - sleep powder

now going to sleep
    Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 4th October 2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: more happenings :)
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

I went north to the Nugget Bridge area but I had to battle against my rival before leaving Cerulean City. It was a tedious battle and my Pokemon got injured badly, but I won and I headed back to the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon before leaving town. I arrived at Route 24 and I had to battle against trainers on the bridge there. I battled against a Team Rocket grunt in disguise at the end of said bridge, then I battled wild Pokemon in the tall grass by the river. I caught an Oddish there as well and then I wandered over to Route 25. I battled even more trainers there and I finally arrived at Bill's Cottage by the sea. I helped him with his experiment there, then I obtained the S.S. Ticket from Bill. I then saved.

new day, new chances. Today, I already cleared the SS Anne and it beat Surge, with a solo of Planotomo. Currentky in diggletts cave, because I didnt know where to go. Current team:

charmeleon; Beestding; level 27
    - schratch
    - rage
    - ember
    - leer

nidoking; KERELTJE; level 27
    - megapuch
    - trash
    - horn attack
    - poison sting

gloom; Planotomo; level 27
    - absorb
    - poison powder
    - stun spore
    - sleep powder

Edit: So I went through the diglett cave just for fun, when I found out that I could trade a mr mime on the other side. So I rushed back through the cave, caught a abra, made it level 14 and traded it for MARCEL, the Mr Mime. Did some training by defeating digletts and the trainers on route 9 + 11. I also taught MARCEL thunderbolt and got the bicycle, and flash, although I wont use it as there are maps on the internet. Currently just afraid that MARCEL wont obey me anymore LOL.......... Current team:

charmeleon; Beestding; level 29
    - schratch
    - rage
    - ember
    - leer

nidoking; KERELTJE; level 28
    - megapunch
    - trash
    - horn attack
    - poison sting

gloom; Planotomo; level 29
    - absorb
    - poison powder
    - acid
    - sleep powder

mr mime; MARCEL; level 28
    - confusion
    - barrier
    - light screen
    - thunderbolt

currently just wandering around a bit, and preparing for going into the rock tunnel. Am I a bit overlevelled???
    Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 5th October 2013 at 8:22 PM.
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee

I headed back towards Cerulean City after getting my hands on the S.S. Ticket thanks to Bill. I arrived at the city and I healed my Pokemon and I bought some items as well. I headed to the house that had been robbed and I met and battled a Team Rocket grunt outside. I defeated him and obtained the Dig TM from him, then I headed south to Route 5. I battled some Pokemon in the tall grass, then I used the Underground Path as a shortcut since I couldn't pass through Saffron City yet. I arrived at Route 6 north of Vermilion City and I battled some trainers and Pokemon in the area. I then arrived at Vermilion City and I headed to the local Pokemon Center. I swapped Pokemon there, then I saved the game outside.

so lots of things happened since last update. I beat Erika, and team rocket at their hideout. Charmeleon evolved into charizard. Tried teaching charizard fly but wa impossible.... Beat the snorlax at route 16. Got through cycling route by defeating only one trainer. Currently going to challenge Koga so that I can surf and have acces to my final to pokemon of my team. current team:

charizard; Beestding; level 36
    - schratch
    - rage
    - ember
    - slash

nidoking; KERELTJE; level 36
    - megapunch
    - trash
    - horn attack
    - poison sting

gloom; Planotomo; level 36
    - absorb
    - mega drain
    - acid
    - sleep powder

mr mime; MARCEL; level 36
    - confusion
    - double slap
    - light screen
    - thunderbolt

you know, marcel didnt obey me for a while.... guess my worries were right. Glad I got the RainbowBadge
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee

I visited some places of interest around Vermilion City like the Poke Mart and the Pokemon Fan Club as well as some houses around the city. I headed to the harbor after exploring the entire city and I spoke to a sailor who inspected my ticket. I was then able to enter the S.S. Anne at the port there and I headed to the kitchens first. I found some items in the trash cans there, then I headed to the deck of the ship and then the cabins in order to battle against the trainers on board the ship. I headed down to where the other Sailors were and I battled them too. I headed deeper into the ship and I battled my rival who showed up before I arrived at the captain's room. I beat him and then I saved inside the captain's chamber.

After having stopped for a while, I decided to continue today. I cleared the Fuchsia City Gym, and went into the Safari zone. It took me three times to get surf, but now I finally have it. Going to catch a Shellder and an Electabuzz next. I also evolved my Pantomo, for those of you who hadnt noticed

charizard; Beestding; level 38
    - strength
    - rage
    - ember
    - slash

nidoking; KERELTJE; level 38
    - megapunch
    - trash
    - horn attack
    - poison sting

vileplume; Planotomo; level 38
    - petal dance
    - mega drain
    - acid
    - sleep powder

mr mime; MARCEL; level 38
    - confusion
    - double slap
    - light screen
    - thunderbolt

Edit: So I caught an electabuzz at the power plant. Going to catch a shellder first and then do lots of grinding

charizard; Beestding; level 39
    - strength
    - rage
    - ember
    - slash

nidoking; KERELTJE; level 39
    - megapunch
    - trash
    - horn attack
    - poison sting

vileplume; Planotomo; level 38
    - petal dance
    - mega drain
    - acid
    - sleep powder

mr mime; MARCEL; level 38
    - confusion
    - double slap
    - light screen
    - thunderbolt

electabuzz; Statistiek; level 33
    - quick attack
    - leer
    - ((empty))
    - ((empty))
    Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 30th October 2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee

I received the Cut HM from the captain of the S.S. Anne after helping him with his seasickness. I headed out of the S.S. Anne after battling all the trainers on board the ship, and I saw the S.S. Anne leave the port afterwards. I headed back to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center, then I healed my Pokemon and wandered over to Route 11 to the east. I wanted to train my Pokemon against the trainers in the area and I did that for about 30 minutes before returning to Vermilion City to challenge the Gym. I had Oddish use Cut on the tree in front of the Gym and I entered it. I had to battle some Gym trainers and their Electric-type Pokemon while also solving that dreadful trash can switch puzzle. I saved after solving it.

Been doing a Yellow run where I name my Pokemon slot-maxing names that take form of whatever syllabus I can think of at the time. My character name is Yrugdav, and that's the simplest of the lot by far. Have Pikachu, Mankey, and Magikarp so far.

Also been training a bunch of Pokemon on a emulated Red save I found with a bunch of Pokemon in their 40-50s for Pokemon Stadium. Most interestingly, I did a little move hacking to see how the competitive dynamics of the game would change if a bunch of Pokemon that would go on to learn MegaHorn or other bug moves in later games got Twineedle (best bug move in RBY). Given Twinneedle's low base power (25, 2 hits makes 50), means a super-effective hit rounds up to 100 power on everything but Eggexegutor, my conclusion was about what you'd expect. Scyther and Pinsir become much greater threats with it, having the power to offset Twin's being weak, Sandslash effectively becomes a hard counter to Eggexegutor (If he doesn't KO it he'll weaken it to the point where most everything else can take it out), Kingler and Rapidash appreciate it, and Nidoking, Dugtrio, and Rhydon can't do much with it for their own reasons.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

I finally challenged Lt. Surge at the Vermilion City Gym after I solved his Gym puzzle and healed my Pokemon. I used my newly-evolved Gloom against his Voltorb. Gloom defeated Voltorb which a couple of Absorb attacks after poisoning it with PoisonPowder. Lt. Surge used his Pikachu next and I used my Geodude against it. Geodude's Rock Throw eventually beat Pikachu and then I had to battle Lt. Surge's Raichu. I used Geodude to weaken it slowly, then I switched to Gloom to finish it off. I obtained the Thunder Badge and the Thunder Bolt TM from him after beating him, and I headed back outside. I cut down the tree that was blocking the way, and I healed my Pokemon at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center.

I will do an update here too, if anyone is still interested:

So today I played Pokemon Red again for a moment. Caught myself a Shellder which I immediatly evolved into a Cloyster. Furthermore, I learned it some TM moves. Currently training everyone to lvl 40 before cotinuing. Current team:

Charizard; Beestding; level 39
    - Strength
    - Rage
    - Ember
    - Slash

Nidoking; KERELTJE; level 39
    - Mega Punch
    - Trash
    - Horn Attack
    - Poison Sting

Vileplume; Planotomo; level 38
    - Petal Dance
    - Mega Drain
    - Acid
    - Sleep Powder

Mr Mime; MARCEL; level 38
    - Confusion
    - Double Slap
    - Light Screen
    - Thunderbolt

Electabuzz; Statistiek; level 34
    - Quick Attack
    - Leer
    - Body Slam
    - Thunder Shock

Cloyster; SC-HELP ME; level 33
    - Surf
    - Super Sonic
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee

After I finished all the the stuff in Vermilion City after getting the Thunder Badge at the local Gym and healing my Pokemon, I headed north once more to Route 6 and I traveled under Saffron City through the tunnel there and I headed back to Cerulean City through that shortcut. I visited the Poke Mart there to purchase some items, then I wandered to a house that had been robbed by Team Rocket, and I went through a hole in the wall and battled a Team Rocket grunt. After getting rid of him and getting the Dig TM back, I headed east to Route 9 and I wandered through the mountains there. I battled some trainers as I moved towards the entrance to Rock Tunnel, which I had to take in order to reach Lavender Town.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast