Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

I just preformed mew trick on yellow which i restarted late last week. I currently am going for my fifth badge.

I'm playing Red right now, which I just started.

Name: Mel
    Pokedex: Not sure, I can't check right now beacuse I'm in a battle.
    Badges: 0
    Current location: Viridian Forest
    I just FINALLY knocked out that stupid Kakuna (HARDEN...) with my Caterpie. Grew to level 7.

My team now:
    Squirtle/Toru lv. 7
    Pikachu/Raiden lv. 6
    Caterpie/Sakura lv. 7

I'm on my way to Pewter city.

I need to get a gbc cable link so I can trade my Rhyhorn to Crystal to get rid of Strength... And, I'm training team to beat up Koga I'm thinking late 30's early 40's will work lv. wise. That will take a while considering that all my guys are around lv. 30/31 =/ oh well.

Team: Yellow
    Pikachu
    Bulbasaur
    Charmeleon
    Wartortle
    Primeape
    Rhyhorn

Game: Red
    Pokedex: 10
    Team: Squirtle/Toru lv. 11
    Pikachu/Raiden lv. 11
    Butterfree/Sakura lv. 10

Right now I'm training my Pokemon to level 12. That way I'll have a Butterfree with Confusion and a Water-type to help against Brock.

Evolved Ivysaur and grew everyone to level 32.

Started Yellow Over today. Hoping to get the mew with mew trick trade to crystal : ]. Not only mew, All Starters, Pikachu,Mewtwo and the birds . Got Pikachu beat Rival and saved right after.

TODAY:

Trained Pikachu to level 12. Caught A Pidgey and a Caterpie. Raised Pidgey to level 11. Caterpie is now Butterfree.

Pikachu (Chidori) 12
    Pidgey (Soarer) 13
    Butterfree (Virus) 10

Currently in Pewter City Training to Defeat Brock.
    Last edited by GiratinaShaymin<3; 9th July 2008 at 7:35 AM.

Today I restarted my Blue. After seeing several members who completed their games with only Beedrill, I decided to do the same. I chose Charmander as my starter and ditched him after I caught a Weedle which took about 30 minutes to find in Viridian Forest. I trained Weedle in Viridian Forest against all of the bug types, using the Super Effective Poison Sting.

Currently I'm in Pewter City battling Brock for like the 20th time. I'm trying to defeat only Geodude. If I beat Geodude I gain experience points that I need to level up. I'm doing this until Beedrill gets to level 20 and learns Twin-needle. Then I'll try to beat Onix.

Beedrill @ Lv. 15
    HP: 47
    Attack: 32
    Defense: 20
    Speed: 33
    Special: 23
    440 to Lv. 16

Poison Sting
    Fury Attack
    String Shot
    Wish that I could be on more, but life happens. If you need anything, lemme know.

(I'm an English major. I know how to read and write. If you need someone to proofread any fanfiction, I'm your guy.)

Started playing yellow Yesterday got all the starters. Got Cerulean and Vermillion Badge.
    Today went through rock tunnel and went to celadon to get fly. Succes in mew glitch. Wow it was easy. Beat Game corner event and The pokemon tower. Right now Training Charmeleon.

Pikachu 26
    Pidgeotto 26
    Charmeleon 21
    Warturtle 21
    Ivysaur 20
    Mew 13

Newest Edit: 7/13

Beat Erika With out even using charmeleon. Pidgeotto did good in there. Trained alot. Went in safari Zone toget surf/ goldenteeth. Attempted facing Trainers in Kogas gym. That didnt turn out so well. Back to training. Team as of Now:

Pikachu:29
    Pidgeotto:29
    Charmeleon:29
    Wartortle:26
    Ivysaur:23
    Mew:22

<3

Edit: 7/14

Beat Koga,Sabrina and Blaine. Atempted catching articuno, but ball "missed" so i used master. I couldnt care a less about it. Tried Catching Zapdos but, that was a epic fail. Team:

Pikachu: 33
    Charizard: 38
    Blastoise:36
    Mew:34
    Venysaur:32
    Articuno:50

</3
    Last edited by GiratinaShaymin<3; 14th July 2008 at 7:23 PM.

Started continuing Blue from where I left off. After battling Brock, and losing, about 20 more times, Beedrill finally made it to level 20 and learned Twineedle. I beat Brock, and now I'm working through Mt. Moon.

Beedrill @ Lv. 25

HP: 76
    Attack: 52
    Defense: 33
    Speed: 54
    Special: 37

Attacks:

Twineedle
    Fury Attack
    Poison Sting
    Focus Energy
    Wish that I could be on more, but life happens. If you need anything, lemme know.

(I'm an English major. I know how to read and write. If you need someone to proofread any fanfiction, I'm your guy.)

I resently restarted on Yellow and Im in front of Zapdos. Hopefully Ill catch him soon.

Yummy. .

Thank you Rika_of_Thunder for the awesome chocolate eating Jirachi!

*Hoping this doesn't count as topic bumping*

Badges: 3
    Current Team:
    Wartortle/Toru level 25
    Pikachu/Raiden level 25
    Fearow/Tadao level 25
    Butterfree/Sakura level 25
    Gloom/Kiku level 25

I've gotten re-obsessed with Red. xD I nabbed two badges, got through Rock Tunnel, and now I'm going to battle my way to Celadon.

EmeraldLeafBlade

Smile

I dusted off my old Blue version and started a new game today. The only other recent time I've played it was to try the Mew glitch (woohoo). I picked the starter I liked the most (Charmander) and breezed through the beginning. I caught any Pokemon I could on the way, then fought Brock. With a fire type, flying type, and electric type, it was slow going, but beat him without too many problems. I'm at the base of Mt. Moon now with my team:

Charmeleon- Lvl 16
    Pidgey- Lvl 15
    Pikachu- Lvl 15
    After eight posts and almost a three year absence, I return!!! What, no one to greet me?

Currently playing:
    Pokemon Blue

Talking

Badges: 3
    Team: Raichu, Wartortle, Vileplume, Fearow, Flareon, Butterfree
    Evolved Pikachu, Eevee and Gloom. Just beat Team Rocket at the Game Corner. After doing some stuff in Saffron, I'll take on Erika.

Game: Blue
    Name: Blue (Original, I know xD)
    Team: Squirtle, Pikachu
    Started very recently, I haven't played it much. For this game I'm not going to evolve any of my Pokemon.

Game: Blue (another one)
    Name: Joey
    Team: Squirtle, Pikachu, Caterpie, Spearow, Nidoran F, Nidoran M
    Also started recently. I almost always plan out my teams, but this time I'm just going to play through it normally. Currently training my team for Brock.

EmeraldLeafBlade

Started over Yellow and have 5 badges in Saffron
    Current Party:
    Pikachu
    Blastoise
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Dugtrio
    Pideot

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Restarted my Yellow as it was once again neglected for a long time on an unfinished file (have never finished Yellow before except for a friend's). This time, I have an extra incentive, as I've decided to use an Ash-based team.

Currently, I have Pikachu and Caterpie accompanying me, and am trying to defeat Gary with no success so far. I believe a little more training is in order before I manage to beat him. After that, I'll continue onto Viridian Forest to catch my Pidgeotto and train my team up (primarily Butterfree) in anticipation for the Pewter Gym.

Current team:
    Pikachu - Lv9
    Caterpie - Lv5/6

I've made fair progress in the last couple of days, as I have journeyed from Viridian Forest to Cerulean between my last update and this one.

Before taking on Pewter Gym, I levelled up my Caterpie so it would evolve all the way to Butterfree and acquired a Pidgeotto. The Gym was a breeze with Butterfree as it only took a couple of Confusion attacks each to take down Brock's Onix and Geodude.

I then proceeded to Mt. Moon, defeating all the trainers along the way. Now I have made my way through Mt. Moon, i've saved in Cerulean, where I'm deciding whether to first train on the Routes above, or take on Misty before using the Routes to train my soon-to-be Bulbasaur and Charmander.

EDIT: Have gotten further during the course of the day. I've now defeated all trainers on Nugget Bridge for some valuable EXP, and have beaten Misty handily. I also adopted the Bulbasaur and was given Charmander by that guy who i'm supposing is based on Damien off the Charmander episode on the Anime (hey, at least he's a little more caring on the games lol). I'll now train them both on Route 24/25 before meeting Bill and making my way to Vermilion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT 2 (02/09/08): Wow, nobody plays these games anymore, lol. I've made even more progress now, also ditching my principles of having an Ash-based team and thus since depositing Butterfree and Pidgeotto into a Box. They shall soon get credit for their contributions though xD.

Anyway, after training Bulbasaur and Charmander in Cerulean Cape, I caught an Abra and tried out the Mew glitch, which worked. The said Mew is now a valued member of my team and Bulba and Charmander are now Ivysaur and Charmeleon. I am now situated in Vermilion, where I have raided the SS Anne, beaten Gary and got Cut. I've also beaten Surge's underlings, but plan to train my team more before taking the big cheese on. I am also pondering what my last team member should be. Hmm...

Team (as of original post):
    Pikachu - Lv19
    Butterfree - Lv18
    Pidgeotto - Lv17
    Bulbasaur - Lv10
    Charmander - Lv10

Team (as of EDIT 2):
    Pikachu - Lv23
    Ivysaur - Lv22
    Charmeleon - Lv20/21
    Mew - Lv21/22
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 2nd September 2008 at 10:59 PM.

i restarted my yellow and just beat brock with my lvl 12 mankey. i want my team to look like this:
    Pikachu
    Exeggutor
    Starmie
    Snorlax
    Charizard
    ?????

Well, I finally picked up my Red Version today. I haven't played it in an incredibly long time.

There wasn't much to do, so I just went directly to the Elite Four with my old team. That team consisted of Venasaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Raichu, Pidgeot, and Dragonite. I pretty much 1HKO'd all their Pokemon, but it was still nice seeing and hearing my very first Pokemon game again.

I am going to restart my game now for the first time in 6 years. It will be fun playing it all over again. I'm going to start with my very first starter, Squirtle. ^^

I played Yellow again =o.

Defeated Brock so far with Pikachu and Nidoran F. Now outside Mount Moon, both of them Level 16. <3 Nidorina & Pikachu really.

Played for a bit today. I battled Gary for the first time in the game, and won of course. Then I just walked around a bit and trained my Squirtle to Lv.10. I also went to battle Gary again for the second time, but Squirtle fainted because I didn't have any more potions :/.

I'm starting to train Squirtle a bit more to battle Gary again, probably to around Lv12 so I would have an easy time defeating him. When I start my game again, I'm going to catch Nidoran F and Nidoran M as well.

EDIT: People need to start playing this game :<

I got through the Viridian Forest fairly easily with a lv.16 Squirtle. Then I went through Mt. Moon and got to Cerulean City fairly easily as well. Misty was a breeze since my Wartortle was lv.28, and her Pokemon flinched a lot. I'm about to go through the bridge to catch an Oddish (my second addition to my team).
    Last edited by Aptenodytes; 14th September 2008 at 12:24 AM.

I've gotten fairly far since I last posted here. Last time, I was just about to take on Surge in Vermilion, while I have currently just cleared the Rockets out of Silph Co.

After beating Surge, I obtained Squirtle from Officer Jenny and began levelling it up to catch up with the rest of my team. It's become a useful member of my party as a Wartortle, and will continue to thrive when it evolves to Blastoise, i'm sure. As for Celadon, I easily took out all of Team Rocket in their Game Corner Hideout, but Erika and her Gym was quite challenging as the trainers there spammed Wrap and status inflicting moves, as well as the fact that I only had Charmeleon who was effective against them.

So as I say, I am now situated in Saffron after clearing out the Silph Co. I now have the dilemma of whether to go towards Fuschia, or take on Sabrina first. However, I guess that it'd be wiser to go to Fuschia first, considering that I heard that Sabrina's roster are at level 50, *gulp*. I'm also still wondering who that elusive sixth member of my team shall be, although i'm thinking of Hitmonchan at the moment.

Current Team:
    Pikachu - Lv.35
    Venusaur - Lv34
    Charmeleon - Lv34
    Wartortle - Lv33/34
    Mew - Lv34

I haven't done much in Red so far, but I did manage to catch a lv.14 Oddish <3. I'm training him right now to evolve into a Gloom, but that could take awhile. While I'm doing that, I'm looking for an Abra to add for my team, and a Pidgey to save as an HM slave (although I could probably do that later). Now that I think of it, I should catch another Oddish to use as an HM slave for Cut.

I also went through Nugget Bridge and beat all the trainers to get a nugget. The battle with Gary at the beginning surprised me since I went up right after my gym battle, but my Wartortle was able to 1HKO most of his Pokemon. It really is no fun when you beat the game with your starter Pokemon, and I think this is the first time I'm actually adding Pokemon to my team in Red Version XD.

I haven't done much in Red so far, but I did manage to catch a lv.14 Oddish <3. I'm training him right now to evolve into a Gloom, but that could take awhile. While I'm doing that, I'm looking for an Abra to add for my team, and a Pidgey to save as an HM slave (although I could probably do that later). Now that I think of it, I should catch another Oddish to use as an HM slave for Cut.

I also went through Nugget Bridge and beat all the trainers to get a nugget. The battle with Gary at the beginning surprised me since I went up right after my gym battle, but my Wartortle was able to 1HKO most of his Pokemon. It really is no fun when you beat the game with your starter Pokemon, and I think this is the first time I'm actually adding Pokemon to my team in Red Version XD.

I've just got done beating Koga in Yellow, and I managed to get an awesome team.

Nidoking
    Pikachu ( Well, duh. )
    Pidgeot
    Venusaur
    Gyarados
    Charizard

Generic Venusaur, Charizard, and Pidgeot of course. But I wanted to go extreme and train a Magikarp instead of a Squirtle.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast