Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

I met Bill, and then went to Vermillion City, training my lv18 Oddish along the way. I went to the Diglett Cave to train my Oddish, and now he is a lv.27 Gloom. I also caught a Dugtrio at lv.29, which surprised me since he was at such a high level. Oh, and my Wartortle is now at lv.30.

I going to defreat all the the trainers on route 209, and then I'm going to board the SS Anne. I doubt that I will catch anymore Pokemon before that, but I think the three I have right now will suffice.

Just beaten Koga, and it's dawned on me how low levelled my Pokemon may be. However, maybe this is because the Gym Leader's Pokemon levels were ramped up in Yellow. Before getting to Fuschia, I made my way from Saffron - where I cleared Silph Co - to Lavender, and made my way down the Route south of it (with lots of water and flying trainers on the way to Fuschia) for some training. On this route, Charmeleon and Wartortle evolved to Charizard and Blastoise respectively.

Once I reached Fuschia, I went to the Safari Zone and got the Warden's Gold Teeth and the Surf HM, before going to the Gym. I successfully cleared the Gym in no time, but in hindsight I wish I'd battled the trainers on Cycling Road for much more training beforehand. I was a bit unsatisfied that Mew hadn't yet learned Psychic for the Gym and I'm sure it would've learnt it by that time. Oh well lol.

Current Team:
    Pikachu - Lv39
    Venusaur - Lv38
    Charizard - Lv38
    Blastoise - Lv38
    Mew - Lv39

Currently training a Lv11 Butterfree before I battle Brock. I'm going to wait until it learns Confusion.

My current team:
    Lv11 Butterfree
    Lv9 Spearow
    Lv10 Charmander
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

I'm currently on Cinnabar Island duplicating TMs. I'm going back to Saffron to fight the Rockets at Silph Co. afterwards. My team is terrific this time around, though I wish Rhyhorn wasn't totally dependent on TMs to rock and roll. My team, as of now:

Bulby (Venusaur) --- Level 34
    Chuu (Raichu) --- Level 33
    Dreamyn (Hypno) --- Level 34
    Dido (Dodrio) --- Level 32
    Bubba (Slowpoke) --- Level 31
    Freddie (Rhyhorn) --- Level 31

I'm rockin' and rollin' it, and about to own Team Rocket!
    A New Generation
    Has Arrived.

Unova rules!

I went to the St. Anne and battled Lt. Surge today. All the battles were ridiculously easy, since my Pokemon were all lv.30+. I really have no idea why they put lv.29 Dugtrio in the cave when the gym leader's Pokemon is lower than lv.24, it makes the battle very non- climatic.

My current team as of now:

Wartortle lv.31
    Bubble
    Water Gun
    Bite
    Withdraw

Gloom lv.34 (will evolve once I get to Celadon City)
    Cut
    Sleep Powder
    Acid
    Absorb

Dugtrio lv. 31
    Scratch
    Sand-Attack
    Dig
    ?

I haven't used an TM's yet, and I probably won't until I start struggling with a gym leader/other battles. I'm not quite sure which Pokemon I'm going to get for the rest of my team right now, but I'll probably get Electabuzz and Arcanine since I like to have a balance of elements in my team (fire, grass, water, earth, wind, thunder).

I went to the St. Anne and battled Lt. Surge today. All the battles were ridiculously easy, since my Pokemon were all lv.30+. I really have no idea why they put lv.29 Dugtrio in the cave when the gym leader's Pokemon is lower than lv.24, it makes the battle very non- climatic.

My current team as of now:

Wartortle lv.31
    Bubble
    Water Gun
    Bite
    Withdraw

Gloom lv.34 (will evolve once I get to Celadon City)
    Cut
    Sleep Powder
    Acid
    Absorb

Dugtrio lv. 31
    Scratch
    Sand-Attack
    Dig
    ?

I haven't used an TM's yet, and I probably won't until I start struggling with a gym leader/other battles. I'm not quite sure which Pokemon I'm going to get for the rest of my team right now, but I'll probably get Electabuzz and Arcanine since I like to have a balance of elements in my team (fire, grass, water, earth, wind, thunder).

Surprisingly enough, i've beaten three Gyms on Yellow in the space of an afternoon lol (Blaine, Sabrina and Giovanni), all off which were fairly easy. Blaine was ok apart from his Fire Spin-spamming Rapidash, Sabrina was way easier than I thought with her low-defence Psychics, and Giovanni's Ground team were easily dealt with by my team.

I also disposed of Gary easily as I made my way to Victory Road. I think my team just need a little training in Victory Road before they can run rampant at the Elite 4.

Pikachu - Lv46
    Venusaur - Lv44
    Charizard - Lv45
    Blastoise - Lv44/45
    Mew - Lv45

Surprisingly enough, i've beaten three Gyms on Yellow in the space of an afternoon lol (Blaine, Sabrina and Giovanni), all off which were fairly easy. Blaine was ok apart from his Fire Spin-spamming Rapidash, Sabrina was way easier than I thought with her low-defence Psychics, and Giovanni's Ground team were easily dealt with by my team.

I also disposed of Gary easily as I made my way to Victory Road. I think my team just need a little training in Victory Road before they can run rampant at the Elite 4.

Pikachu - Lv46
    Venusaur - Lv44
    Charizard - Lv45
    Blastoise - Lv44/45
    Mew - Lv45

I got through the Rock Tunnel, went to Celadon City and won my fourth badge, went through Team Rocket's hideout in the game corner, and just finished getting the Pokeflute from the tower. It took quite a bit of time, but it was all way too easy.

My updated team:

Arcanine lv32
    Dig
    Body Slam
    Ember
    Roar

Cubone lv.23
    Bone Club
    Growl

Vileplume lv.43 <3
    Sleep Powder
    Petal Dance
    Cut
    Acid

Wartortle lv.32
    Withdraw
    Water Gun
    Bubble
    Bite

Hitmonlee lv.31
    Double Kick
    Meditate

Dugtrio lv.33
    Dig
    Growl
    Sand Attack
    Scratch

When I get to the Elite Four, I'm planning on having: Cloyster, Electabuzz, Marowak, Vileplume, Arcanine, and Hitmonlee as my final team. I still have a long way to go though...

Recently beat all the gym leaders up to Sabrina. Now on the way to fight Blaine, stuck in the Seafoam Islands, kinda. I love how the Gym Leaders overlevel your Pokemon by so much, ugh. Still, I got lucky with Sabrina anyway, paralysis kicked in 4 times in a row, just enough to kill him. I love Yellow <3.

current team:

Naoko (Nidoqueen) Level 43
    Earthquake/Rock Slide/Body Slam/Double Kick

Rika (Ninetales) Level 42
    Ember/Confuse Ray/Body Slam/Flamethrower

Chiharu (Pikachu) Level 42
    Thunderbolt/Seismic Toss/Slam/Thunder Wave

Tomoyo (Wigglytuff) Level 42
    Thunderbolt/Rest/Bubblebeam/Double-Edge

Sakura (Clefable) Level 42
    Strength/Ice Beam/Psychic/Tri Attack

Kaho (Blastoise) Level 42
    Skull Bash/Bite/Surf/Water Gun

I made it to the Elite 4, and wondered whether I should train my Pokemon some more as they were all at mid-level-40s. However, I decided to just go for it right there and then for a challenge.

It turned out that the League was fairly straightforward despite my team's level disadvantages. Lance's Dragonair's/Dragonite proved to be the most difficult obstacle for me (their Thunderbolts gave my Ice Beam using Blastoise major trouble), but I persevered and eventually got past them. Other than that though, I didn't have much problem conquering the Elite 4 and Gary.

I'm now taking a break from Yellow for a while, but plan to raise all my team a little till they're Level 50-55 in order to use them in the R2 Poke Cup on Stadium 1.

Team (Hall-of-Famers!):
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Mew

I just woke up Snorlax with the Pokeflute and caught him quite easily. After about three Cut's and a Sleep Powder from Vileplume, I was able to get him in just two Great Balls. I think that I was pretty lucky, because IIRC he was harder to catch when I played many years ago.

I'm going to SilphCo right now. I'm trying to train my Cubone at the same time, but this has proved difficult due to it's low level at 22. I have to make trips to the Pokemon center every 3 battles >>. Hopefully, he'll be easier to train once he's a fully evolved Marowak.

I'm wokring my Yellow Pokedex at the moment.

I've done quite a bit yesterday. I went through SilphCo, battled every single trainer, and got every item/Pokemon in there. Then I went to the gym to face Sabrina, whose trainers were actually harder than see was. I thought it would be difficult, but Marowak/Arcanine either 1HKO or 2HKO'd them due to their low defense. I also went through cycling road, got both HMs for Surf and Strength, and went to the Fushia City gym. Koga was fairly easy as well, especially his Weezing. My Arcanine used Dig, and then Weezing used Selfdestruct XDD. I finally caught an Electabuzz as well, and now I'm surfing to Seafoam Island to catch a Shellder. Once I do that, I'll finally have captured all the Pokemon I want on my team.

Current team:
    Vileplume lv44 - Cut, Sleep Powder, Petal Dance, Acid
    Arcanine lv40 - Dig, Ember, Body Slam, Mimic
    Electabuzz lv37 - Thundershock, Psychic, Mega Kick, Seismic Toss
    Hitmonlee lv40 - Rolling Kick, Jump Kick, Strength, Meditate
    Marowak lv44 - Bone Club, Bubble Beam, Ice Beam, Megapunch

I love how Marowak can learn random special moves.

I've done quite a bit yesterday. I went through SilphCo, battled every single trainer, and got every item/Pokemon in there. Then I went to the gym to face Sabrina, whose trainers were actually harder than see was. I thought it would be difficult, but Marowak/Arcanine either 1HKO or 2HKO'd them due to their low defense. I also went through cycling road, got both HMs for Surf and Strength, and went to the Fushia City gym. Koga was fairly easy as well, especially his Weezing. My Arcanine used Dig, and then Weezing used Selfdestruct XDD. I finally caught an Electabuzz as well, and now I'm surfing to Seafoam Island to catch a Shellder. Once I do that, I'll finally have captured all the Pokemon I want on my team.

Current team:
    Arcanine lv40 - Dig, Ember, Body Slam, Mimic
    Electabuzz lv37 - Thundershock, Psychic, Mega Kick, Seismic Toss
    Hitmonlee lv40 - Rolling Kick, Jump Kick, Strength, Meditate
    Marowak lv44 - Bone Club, Bubble Beam, Ice Beam, Megapunch

I love how Marowak can learn random special moves.

Re - started my Pokemon Yellow blimey it's different and odd lol

Ash - Ł3000
    IDno: 41886

STORM/PIKACHU
    Internet now on 3DS Please PM me for outstanding trades with ****TRADE OUTSTANDING**** IN SUBJECT LINE so I dont miss it Thank you!!

Currently:

Playing
    X

Writing
    Unnova fiction

- re-editing proglogue
    - planning main story line

Friend code 3ds 0404-6504-6432

I caught my Shellder, and now he's a fully evolved Cloyster. I also battled all the trainers in the routes between Lavender Town and Fushia City, and now I have arrived at Cinnibar Island.

I also nicknamed all my Pokemon. Each have a name from a main character in Friends, my favorite television show >D. They are Phoebe, Joey, Rachel, Ross, Chandler, and Monica.

I was using my Clefable against a Gastly, and my Clefable used Metronome, and it used Pin Missile, and it said it was super effective. My guess for this is that Bug used to be super effective on Ghost, but not very effective on Poison.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

I went through the Pokemon Mansion today and got the Secret Key to get inside Blaine's gym. It seems that the Pokemon encounter rate in there is pretty high, since I kept getting stopped every 5 or so steps >>. I really regret not buying repels when I went in.

I also got the Blizzard TM and taught it to my Cloyster (Phoebe). I'm in Blaine's gym right now, which should be a fairly easy battle even though his strongest Pokemon is 3 levels higher than my strongest. Once I beat him, I'm going to teach Fire Blast to my Arcanine.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/spri...r/rbspr045.png

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/spri...r/rbspr059.png
    Arcanine lv42 - Dig, Ember(Fire Blast soon), Body Slam, Mimic

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/spri...r/rbspr125.png
    Electabuzz lv42 - Thunder Punch, Psychic, Mega Kick, Seismic Toss

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/spri...r/rbspr106.png
    Hitmonlee lv42 - Rolling Kick, Jump Kick, Strength, Focus Energy (I need a new moveset...)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/spri...r/rbspr105.png
    Marowak lv44 - Bone Club (soon to be Bonemerang), Bubble Beam, Ice Beam, Megapunch

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/spri...r/rbspr091.png
    Cloyster lv43 - Blizzard, Clamp, Supersonic (soon to be Spike Cannon), Surf

EDIT: Aww, the images don't work...

I recently restarted me Yellow version. Started with Pikachu (obviously). Kicked my rival's ***. Then I went straight to Viridian Forest and caught a Caterpie. It was lv. 5, and all I had to do was throw a Poké Ball. Reminded me of the anime. Then I spent the better part of two hours searching for a Pidgeotto. All the while I was training Pikachu and Caterpie. Eventually, I had a lv. 8 Pikachu and a lv. 7 Metapod. I saved shortly after Caterpie evolved. Then, I FINALLY found a Pidgeotto. And the $*#@%$* bird KOed my Pokemon! I reset (didn't want to lose half my cash to a lv. 9 Pidgeotto) and tried again. Same results. I reset, trained up some more, and found another Pidgeotto. This time, I was ready. I had Pikachu paralyze it with Thunder Wave, then use Thundershock, which took away slightly over half its health. Then I used Tail Whip until Pikachu fainted. I sent out Metapod and had it use Tackle several times. Finally, its HP was in the red, but so was Metapod's. One more gust and it would've been all over. I knew it was time. I threw a Poké Ball at the Pidgeotto. It wiggled once. Twice. Three times! I CAUGHT A PIDGEOTTO! At that moment, I felt like I was ten years old again, for that indeed was how old I was when I first got Yellow and when I caught my first Pokemon. I went back to that route near the Pokemon League (27 I think) and proceeded to whoop my rival's rear again. Oh yeah, I named myself ASH and my rival GARY. Yes, I am going for an Anime motif here. I kicked some Bug Catcher butt, Metapod evolving into Butterfree in the process. Currently I am in the Pewter gym, ready to take on Brock. Obviously I plan to use Butterfree the whole way. Confusion may not be super-effective on the rock type, but it's better than Gust or Thundershock. And the fact that Brock's Pokemon don't have Rock moves is a large help here as well.

Name:ASH
    Pokemon:
    Butterfree lv. 10
    Tackle
    String Shot
    Harden
    Confusion
    Pidgeotto lv. 10
    Gust
    Sand-Attack
    Pikachu lv. 11
    Thundershock
    Quick Attack
    Tail Whip
    Thunder Wave

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I beat Giovanni and the Elite Four about a week ago. I thought the battles would be somewhat difficult, but they gave me almost no challenge at all. The only Pokemon had had trouble with was Gary's Alakazam, since it's Psychic is super effective against two of my Pokemon, and can 1HKO three others with their low specials. That was the only time I used an item during my battles with them :/.

Currently at the Mysterious Dungeon training my team some more. I will go seach for the legendary birds and Mewtwo soon, and will try to catch them for the first time using Ultra Ball (and not with Master Balls). Hopefully, they aren't nearly as hard as Uxie/Regigigas/Heatran/etc. in Diamond.

I started a new game.
    This is my first time playing Yellow.
    All that pretty much happend is I beat Gary with Pikachu and now it's at LV 7..
    [img]http://i31.*******.com/1zq6ou1.png[/img]

Continued from last time....

As I thought, my Butterfree's Confusion ripped through Geodude and Onix like tissue paper. I proceeded to Mt. Moon, battling all trainers along the way. Bought the Magikarp in the Pokemon Center and dumped it in the PC. Went through Mt. Moon, battling all trainers and capturing a Clefairy in the process. Got Helix Fossil, then came across Jessie and James. Pidgeotto, Butterfree, and Pikachu made short work of all of them. Butterfree learned Sleep Powder. Pidgeotto learned Quick Attack.

Arrived in Cerulean City and got Bulbasaur. Trained it on Route 4 before taking on Gary. It evolved during this training.

Ivysaur beat Sandshrew, Rattata, and even Spearow, but lost to Eevee. Pikachu finished Eevee off.

Ripped through Nugget Bridge and all trainers beyond EXCEPT the Youngster w/ Slowpoke, getting, training, and evolving a Charmander in the process. Got the SS Ticket from Bill, then battled Misty. Ivysaur and Pikachu were wonderful.

Nothing in particular happened en route to Vermillion. Beat all the trainers. Pidgeotto learned Whirlwind. Charmeleon caught up to the rest of my team, level-wise. Proceeded to destroy all the trainers east of Vermillion. Didn't go beyond the guard gate, regretted this later (you'll see why).

Went through Diglett's Cave, first Pokemon I found was a DUGTRIO. Captured it with much difficulty, then continued on to Route 2, catching a Diglett in the process. Got the Flash HM and the Old Amber, as well as the other items on Route 2. Re-entered Diglett's Cave and used Dugtrio's Dig (remember, in these days, it returned you to the last Pokemon Center you used, not the cave's entrance). Taught Flash to Butterfree. Deposited Dugtrio.

Boarded the S.S. Anne. Wiped out the trainers, got all the items, PWNed Gary (Charmeleon helped here), got HM01, taught it to Charmeleon. Nothing special happened.

I was anxious to get Squirtle, so I avoided the Vermilion Gym trainers and went straight to Surge. It took a combined effort from all my Pokemon, but in the end it was Ivysaur's Leech Seed what that took it down. Got Squirtle from Officer Jenny.

Proceeded to Rock Tunnel, beating all trainers en route. Squirtle evolved during this. Made it through Rock Tunnel with relative ease (I could've done it without flash, actually- years of experience have helped me memorize my way through the tunnel by heart). And yes, I remembered to stop and cream the trainers along the way. Nothing of interest happened there either.

I started creaming the Fishermen south of lavender town. Remember earlier when I said I regretted not passing through the guardhouse? Here's why- THE SNORLAX WASN'T THERE! IT HAD ****ING VANISHED! I could've gone straight to Lavender w/out Rock Tunnel at all! Proceeded west of Lavender, wiping out all trainers EXCEPT a certain Gambler....

Got HM02, taught Fly to Pidgeotto. Got Eevee. Proceeded to wipe out Celadon Gym (Charmeleon and Pidgeotto stood out in particular), then Team Rocket in their hideout. Giovanni was, IMO, a pushover. Then cleaned out Pokemon Tower. Gave a Fresh Water to the Saffron guards, got TM29, then performed the Mew trick with the Gambler and the Youngster. Caught Mew. Then, knowing that this was my ONLY opportunity to get one, I woke up the Cycling Road Snorlax. Captured it with little to no effort (Butterfree's Sleep Powder was a godsend). Then skipped over to the other side of Kanto to wipe out the trainers east of Fuscia (that area had always given me grief in years past, so I decided to get it over with). Did the Mew trick several times over, getting Pokemon such as Pinsir, Magmar, Hitmonchan, and Arbok. Got HM03 in Safari Zone, HM04 in Warden's house, taught both to Wartortle. Wiped out Koga (Butterfree really shone here). Began beating the swimmers between Fuscia and Seafoam. Ivysaur evolved. THen beat the trainers between Pallet and Cinnabar. Charmeleon and Wartortle evolved. Then, when battling the remaining trainers between Cinnabar and Seafoam, Pidgeotto evolved. Beat Blaine (I wanted experience, but the trainers weren't battling me- I had to throw the quiz purposely EVERY TIME!). Blastoise helped here.

Nothing unusual happened in my wiping out of Silph Co.. Beat the fighting dojo and chose Hitmonlee (Mew trick already got me Hitmonchan).

At this point I began to use TMs. Up to this point I had been hoarding them, not wanting to waste them foolishly. Taught Toxic and Hyper Beam to Venusaur, Blizzard to Blastoise, Rage and Bide to Pidgeot, Psychic to Butterfree, and Pay Day to Pikachu. Beat Viridian Gym and Gary. Made my way through Victory Road. Then went to Rocket Game Corner- I wanted two more Hyper Beam TMs- for Charizard and Blastoise.

Struck it lucky with the slots- got one machine that payed out ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TIME! Still in training thus far for Elite 4.

Name:ASH
    Pokemon:
    Butterfree lv. 45
    Psychic
    Flash
    Harden
    Sleep Powder

Pidgeot lv. 45
    Fly
    Rage
    Bide
    Quick Attack

Venusaur lv. 46
    Toxic
    Leech Seed
    Razor Leaf
    Hyper Beam

Charizard lv. 46
    Flamethrower
    Slash
    Cut
    Leer

Blastoise lv. 46
    Surf
    Blizzard
    Strength
    Rest

Pikachu lv. 47
    Thunderbolt
    Quick Attack
    Pay Day
    Thunder Wave

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Yellow: I completed my pokedex (150 pokemon only) by catching a Tauros as my last pokemon.

I decided to check out my Generation 1 games today just to see where I am. Turns out I have some great pokemon that I wish I could get to over to Diamond.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast