Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

I defeated Koga and went to Saffron to take down Team Rocket and the Fighting Dojo. First I went to the Fighting Dojo and got a Hitmochan since I have three Hitmonlee's in my Stadium 64 box. Took care of the rocket and Giovanni and went to defeat Sabrina. After this I went to cinnbar and caught some things and leveled up a bit along with some pokemon for data entry. I ordered another Transfer pack for my Stadium game from ebay so I can trade between RBY for Gengar, Alakazam, Golem, and Machamp. So i can finally finish the Pokedex something I never did when I was young. Dex so far 91/151.

Current Team:

Blastoise Lv. 42
    Electabuzz Lv. 42
    Magmar Lv. 41
    Exeggute Lv. 43
    Aerodactyl Lv. 42
    Persian Lv. 41
    Last edited by ForteAnly; 24th August 2010 at 1:36 AM.

I've spent the last two days in the Safari Zone looking for Dragonair and Pinsir, but the latter hasn't shown up yet. Dragonair keeps dodging my PokeBalls too, its getting really frustrating.

I did evolve all three starters into their second stage, and caught a Dratini.

EDIT: Finally found a Pinsir, caught the 4th one that appeared. Gave up on Dragonair, and caught a lot of pokemon, and evolved some others, I have 36 left.

Pokedex sits at 115.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 24th August 2010 at 6:37 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I defeated Blaine, and Giovanni for the remaining badges. I went trough victory road and leveled up a bit so I can take down Elite Four and thought them some TM's. Now I should be ready for the E4. Current Dex Entry 126/151.

Blastoise Lv. 50
    Magamar Lv. 50
    Persian Lv. 51
    Aerodactyl Lv. 50
    Electabuzz Lv. 50
    Exeggutor Lv.50

Since I had just previously taken on the Elite Four, I ended up in Pallet Town so I decided that with money in hand, I'd go shopping for items in Celadon City. I flew to Celadon City and entered the Dept. Store. I bought Fire Stones and Leaf Stones for evolving certain Pokemon like Growlithe and Weepinbell later on. I also purchased Protein and Carbos so that I could power-up my Pokemon in ways that would be too tedious to do in normal battles. I then decided to go to the Unknown Dungeon just to scope around and see if I could manage to find any Pokemon I might have missed later time and needed for my Pokemon. I found a Ditto and even though caught one before, I released it so I caught another one just to have the complete Kanto Pokemon set in my box. Trained a bit and Charizard leveled up by one level. It was a good day for training. Saved.

Current team, PokeDex 119/151:
    Charizard level 93
    Fearow level 70
    Jolteon level 84
    Lapras level 75
    Porygon level 75
    Rhydon level 47

Currently beating the Elite Four over and over again for money, my Pikachu is level 87, and still struggles to solo Lance. It runs out of Thunderbolts before Dragonite

I still need A LOT of money to buy a Porygon and a Wigglytuff.

EDIT: Turns out in Yellow you lose 50% of your money if you lose against the Elite Four, so I need to defeat Gary or I'll lose about +20,000 every time. DAMN SANDSLASH.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 26th August 2010 at 3:21 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Let's see I defeated the E4 and went straight to Cerulean Cave to level. At triple speed and animations off in my stadium 64 cartridge it went by quick. My Team was at the low 50 when I battled the E4 but after knocking out some pokemon in Cerulean Cave they are

Blastoise Lv.70
    Persian Lv. 60
    Exeggutor Lv. 60
    Aerodactyl Lv. 60
    Magmar Lv. 60
    Electabuzz Lv. 60

I plan to level them up to 80 or 70 and catch Mewtwo.

Just started up a Red game:
    Name: Red
    Started with Bulbasaur (Jericho)
    Defeated Blue with ease
    Caught a male Nidoran (Pendragon)
    Defeated Blue for a second time
    Black and White 2 Return to Familiar Lands, except for the giant glacier.

I really wish they'd change the type of hidden power on the party pokemon page because the normal type icon looks boring. My special sweepers all have stupid looking Attack tabs on their information.

I just received my second transfer pak that I bought from ebay along with stadium 2. With it I finally completed the Pokedex in my Red version which is awesome. I needed Machamp, Gengar, Golem, and Alakazam. Now Red is done with my diploma and Oak's complete rating. Pokedex 151/151.

I've been training all around Kanto in Red for the past week, trying to level up my team to level 100 in the shortest time possible. I challenged the Pokemon League's Elite Four and Champion 4 times recently and leveled up only about 5 levels for each Pokemon. I trained in the Unknown Dungeon for hours this morning but there weren't too many strong Pokemon there to make my team level up very much. Instead, I decided to resort to Rare Candy instead. I had about 20 of them saved up and I used them to level up Charizard and Jolteon to level 100. That was cheap but I really wanted a completely powerful team. Now that that's done, I could go concentrate on leveling up the weaker Pokemon. I trained in Victory Road today and while training, caught a wild Onix for trade purposes. After 2 hours, I had leveled everyone up by some. Saved

Current team, PokeDex 119/151:
    Charizard level 100
    Fearow level 77
    Jolteon level 100
    Lapras level 81
    Porygon level 80
    Rhydon level 57

ITS TIME TO PLAY RED!!!!!!!!!! (CHEERS)
    well since i have red and blue ,im going to do the impossible catch them all! Im going to play r/b and g/s at the same time i picked squirtle beat blue didnt do anything else. and started playing silver tomarrow i plan on going out so ill probably end up staying up till 3 playing pokemon red and silver after getting home at 10

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

ITS TIME TO PLAY RED!!!!!!!!!! (CHEERS)
    well since i have red and blue ,im going to do the impossible catch them all! Im going to play r/b and g/s at the same time i picked squirtle beat blue didnt do anything else. and started playing silver tomarrow i plan on going out so ill probably end up staying up till 3 playing pokemon red and silver after getting home at 10

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

Sooo, got a final team

Lvl.100 Charizard
    Lvl.100 Venesaur
    Lvl.100 Blastoise
    Lvl.100 Mew
    Lvl.100 Porygon
    Lvl.100 Machamp
    POKEMEN X FRIEND CODE 0576-5538-2566
    TEAM:

On Yellow ive defeated giovanni at the rocket hideout and got the pokeflute from lavender, captured snorlax trained him up to the rest of the team. i,m at silph co now.

team pikachu(lv46) charlizard(lv40) ivysaur(lv40)pidgeot(lv40) snorlax(lv40)squitle(lv36)

I,ve also started a new blue game chose squirtle i,m just at viridian city

So, I'm not the only one to have gone retro after all ^_^
    Umm, caught Mew2, and trained him to lvl.100, same with Kabutops, Amonyte, Kabuto and Omastar -- all lvl.100
    TEAM:

After all my previous success with training my star Red Version Pokemon a few weeks ago, I thought I'd take up the challenge once more and level up Fearow and some others to level 100. I admit, I had some time to do this before Black and White were released so I had a head start already, but I did some more training at Victory Road, then the Unknown Dungeon near Cerulean City. I managed to level up Fearow and some others to the mid 90s and then today started to challenge the Elite Four once more. Lorelei gave us tons of experience due to the fact that my Pokemon had the disadvantage and that gives you more experience from what I've seen. Also defeated Bruno and Agaths easily, but almost lost to Lance this time around. Had to heal my Lapras and Porygon before I challenged my rival and then I managed to level up Lapras to level 100 in the final match up! Fearow and Porygon though, were still stuck at level 98 and 99 respectively. Saved for now.

Current team, PokeDex 124/151:
    Charizard level 100
    Fearow level 98
    Jolteon level 100
    Lapras level 100
    Porygon level 99
    Rhydon level 65

Lvl.100 Charizard
    Lvl.100 Venesaur
    Lvl.100 Blastoise
    Lvl.100 Mew
    Lvl.100 Chansey
    Lvl.100 Machamp
    New Team
    TEAM:

After all that intense training I did in Victory Road and the Pokemon League/Elite Four challenge, I decided to take a short break and just focus on the PokeDex again and it's completion. I went to the Unknown Dungeon near Cerulean City and just caught a Chansey there for the PokeDex since it's easier to find them and capture them in that area than in the Safari Zone. Traded over a Mankey and a Primeape and added those two to the PokeDex. I used the Water Stone on my Eevee that I got in a trade a while ago to get a Vaporeon so in a day, I added four new Pokemon to the PokeDex. Not bad. I also gave a two Rare Candies to Fearow to get it to level 100 the easy way since battling would take too long and I didn't want to challenge that annoying Elite Four group once more haha. Saved.

Current team, PokeDex 128/151:
    Charizard level 100
    Fearow level 100
    Jolteon level 100
    Lapras level 100
    Porygon level 99
    Rhydon level 65

After leaving this alone for a few months, I decided to turn the Red on again and continue on my previous file. Unfortunately, the file crashed, so I have to restart. But on the other hand, I'm thinking of formulating a team of Pokemon I never used before, and training them, which is what Pokemon is all about, really, lol.

I think I'll start with Charmander, and catch the Pokemon I'm thinking of using - Venonat/Venomoth, Tangela, Tentacool/Tentacruel, Doduo/Dodrio, Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath - as I come across them. Of course, all of those Pokemon are mid-late game captures, so I'll have to catch Pokemon for fodder until then, lol. My game link cable work, so I can't get Pokemon I want like Magmar and Pinsir though, but ah well.

I recently came back to try and play Pokémon again (no relation to the release of B&W, just kind of happened), and before moving to more recent generation games (which I have yet to play), I decided to restart the old games and have another go with a different team selection.

As usual, I tend to focus on a "up to 6" team that works in every situation, with no need to go back to the PC to change Pokémon. Since I've played Blue more often than Red (for Sandshrew/Sandslash), I'm thinking of trying a Red run this time with the following:

- Venusaur (L5 - Pallet Town - 100%)
    - Fearow (L3 - Route 22 - 10%)
    - Butterfree (L3 - Viridian Forest - 5%)
    - Gyarados (L5 - Route 4 - 100%)
    - Graveler (L7 - Mount Moon - 25%)

Percentages are for how easy it is to find that Pokémon (or its pre-evolution, actually) in that area.

My plan is to use easy to catch Pokémon only (either given to you, or having a high Catch Rate) as a form to make the team more "realistic" (something that a real trainer might actually pull together). Getting this team together this early gives me all the tools I need to have a type advantage over pretty much anything.

As a side note, I don't want to use traded Pokémon, so Golem is not an option Also, I'm going to buy the Magikarp instead of fishing for it... unlike popular belief, that's actually a smart thing to do. There's very limited space for items in this generation, so you can skip the Old Rod completely (which ONLY catches Magikarp in this generation), and a Pokeball costs 200 credits anyway, so a fixed 500 credits for a Magikarp this early in the game is a good deal (I guess people who watch the anime are influenced into thinking that it isn't).

The only two problems I foresee are that the Geodude family is incredibly slow and I'm the kind of trainer that focuses on average-to-high Speed Pokémon (though that's also part of the appeal of this team, as I may learn a new form of strategy this way), and Caterpies in this version are a headache to find (another reason why I prefer the Blue version).

I'm leaving the 6th slot open because I don't think I need a 6th Pokémon. Now all I need is to actually start the game! I'm waiting until I finish my run through another game because I know I lose interest if I'm playing too many games at the same time.

Previously, I had managed to battle enough so that all of my party's Pokemon grew to level 100. With all the training aspects of the game completed, I decided to pay close attention to the Pokedex and nothing more. I went around capturing the last few Pokemon needed for my Pokedex and I went ahead and traded for version exclusive Pokemon from other versions while I was at it. After a few days of trading Pokemon around from game to game, I only had about 3 Pokemon left to obtain in order to have a full Pokedex. The Pokemon I needed were as follows: Kabutops, Omastar, and Mew. I went ahead and bred for an Omanyte egg and Kabuto egg in Silver version, hatched those, and traded them to Red version. I then left Kabuto at the Day Care Center south of Cerulean City and trained the Omanyte against some the Elite Four. It gained about 20 levels and I continued training it against wild Pokemon in Victory Road. By the end of the day, it leveled up to level 40 and evolved into Omastar. I saved before training Kabuto.

I bought a Pokemon Yellow yesterday and I just started playing it. I have a pikachu, pidgey, rattata, nidoran female, nidoran male, and a caterpie as my team. We are currently in the forest (I cant remember the name). My pokemon are all nicknamed for the first time ever and all level 8 which isn't too bad.
    SoulSilver FC: 3567 3766 7498

WhiteFC: 5371 9720 5404
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Trading US and Japanese event pokemon. P.M. me for details!

I restarted Yellow yesterday after growing tired of my older file. The plan in this playthrough is to build a team based largely around Pokemon that Ash used on his journey. However, the absence of Everstones in Gen 1 will mean that I will use the final evolution stages of those that never reached their final stage such as Squirtle and Bulbasaur (purely due to practicality and not wanting to press the B button after every level-up xD). At the moment I plan to have Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar and Snorlax as my main team with monsters like Butterfree, Pidgeot and Primeape also contributing along the way.

Naming myself Ash, I naturally named my rival Gary and proceeded to deliver a first blow to his inflated ego at the Lab by beating him and his Eevee. Since then I have delivered Oak's Pokeball to his Lab, received the Pokedex and defeated Gary once more; all of this via Viridian City. As Ash didn't catch his first Pokemon until Viridian Forest, I decided to take matters into my own hands in this journey by catching and raising a Mankey in order to help Pikachu beat my rival and also to give me more firepower when up against Brock (don't forget as well that Ash eventually caught a Primeape anyway).

Onto Viridian Forest and I caught a Caterpie before raising it a little and hoped to stumble across a rare wild Pidgeotto during my training. Alas, it never appeared and I decided to suspend play until tomorrow. Hopefully a Pidgeotto decides to be an early bird and accept my challenge.

Team:
    Pikachu - Lv 10
    Mankey - Lv 7
    Caterpie - Lv 6
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 18th December 2010 at 9:52 PM.

I trained my traded Kabuto so that it would evolve into Kabutops. I fought against the Elite Four and Kabuto gained 11 levels thanks to that venture, but I was still 9 levels short of level 40 so I went to Victory Road and then to the Unknown Dungeon to train some more. I finally got Kabuto to grow to level 40 and it evolved into a Kabutops at long last! With all that done I deposited the Kabutops at the Pokemon Center and focused on the Mew glitch, which was the only way I could get a Mew in Red version. I did all the steps and flew to all the right places and once I reached Lavender Town, Mew appeared near the edge of town. I couldn't really battle it since it was pretty weak but I put it to sleep with Victreebel's Sleep Powder and I tossed some Ultra Balls and I captured the elusive 151st Pokemon! I finally completed my Pokedex in Red version, and I was thrilled. I deposited the Mew at the Daycare Center so that it would level up, and I spent the rest of the time in my game playing the slots at the Celadon City Game Corner. Saved.

All this Black and White being the rebirth of Pokemon has stirred nostalgia in me, and I was thinking of playing Blue again.

I would, however, have to delete my current save file, and I've *never* deleted a save file before.

What do you guys think - worth it, or not? Playing 1st gen again sound good in theory, but five minutes with the old menu, the old PC system, the harsh graphics and the lack of running shoes might do my head in. Maybe it's better to leave the memories as just that - memories...
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    All this Black and White being the rebirth of Pokemon has stirred nostalgia in me, and I was thinking of playing Blue again.

I would, however, have to delete my current save file, and I've *never* deleted a save file before.

What do you guys think - worth it, or not? Playing 1st gen again sound good in theory, but five minutes with the old menu, the old PC system, the harsh graphics and the lack of running shoes might do my head in. Maybe it's better to leave the memories as just that - memories...
    Don't do it! Buy one from Blockbuster for like $6 or something.

Maybe it's just the nostalgia-freak in me, but deleting your very first save file in Pokémon history (I assume it's your first) is something I would avoid. I was "lucky" in that my younger cousin deleted mine on accident long ago, so now I can restart as I please because all of my Blue saves are pretty meaningless to me.

But really, it's up to you.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast