Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

I had finally made it out of that dreadful Rock Tunnel cave and I went south to Lavender Town. I quickly entered the Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon inside. I then went to shop for items at the local Poke Mart, and then I explored the town. I went to Mr. Fuji's house, but the kids there said he wasn't there. I then roamed around until I made my way to the Pokemon Tower where Ghost-type Pokemon were rumored to appear. I found my rival as I climbed the tower, and we had a short rival battle. Once I beat him, I found a Ghost but it couldn't be identified so I had to leave the Pokemon Tower. I headed on west from Lavender Town and battled some more trainers along the way. I got to the Underground Tunnel and went under Saffron City and came out at a route near Celadon City. I saved.

I caught a Geodude in Mt. Moon and called it George. I then evolved Pin with the Moon Stone that I found and began to train a lot. I got the Dome Fossil through all my efforts, then beated Jesse & James and headed off to Cerulean. During vigorous-ish training Soar evolved and I gained a few levels.

Current Team –
    Bolt lvl 19
    Pin lvl 18
    Soar lvl 18
    Dirt lvl 15
    George lvl 15

I picked up my Yellow file again recently, having already progressed as far as getting my 6th badge from Sabrina and preparing myself to Surf towards the Seafoam Islands. I went there with my team being Pikachu, Pidgeot, Venusaur, Charizard, Wartortle and a Machop for Strength convenience. It didn't take me long to block the water current in the basement, but it was only once I discovered the legendary Articuno that I realised the damage that it could probably deal to my team on hand. Pikachu led the line by taking a few Peck attacks while retaliating with Thunderbolts that were far more powerful in comparison. It also managed to paralyze Articuno with Thunder Wave before going down to a trademark Ice Beam attack, but by that time it had done its job valiantly. All that was left now was to throw hopeful Great and Ultra Balls, with about five Great and one Ultra completely missing (always hated that mechanic in the 1st Gen) before the first Ultra Ball to make contact actually caught it!

I then made my way to Cinnabar in search of my 7th badge, but not before I had to find the Secret Key in the depths of the abandoned Cinabbar Mansion. Once I had done so, my newly evolved Blastoise had little problem helping me defeat Blaine along with my withdrawn Primeape whose Dig is always helpful. I revived Kabuto from my Dome Fossil before leaving the island for Pallet Town, and I eventually reached Viridian City to gain my 8th and final badge.

The battle against Giovanni was very compelling and actually pushed my team to its limits. Venusaur and Dugtrio opened the battle, with Venusaur easily taking the first victory. I then pitted Primeape against his signature Persian, which was happy to be pummeled without giving much of a fight back although it took a few attacks to take it down. At this point I was feeling complacent about victory and figured that recalling my Psychic-wielding Haunter to my team would help to counter the poisonous threats of Nidoking and Nidoqueen. However, I forgot about their Ground typing being effective agianst Haunter; an elementary mistake which saw Nidoqueen easily take out Haunter with Earthquake. I called upon Primeape to finish her off before putting Blastoise up against Nidoking. This match gave me a genuine surprise as Nidoking began proceedings with a powerful Thunder, which left Blastoise with only 3 HP and so I sent out Venusaur who saw out the rest of the Gym Battle by defeating Nidoking and Rhydon.

With eight badges acquired I am now ready to take on Victory Road and the road to the Pokemon League.

Team:
    Pikachu - Lv 43
    Venusaur - Lv 42
    Charizard - Lv 38
    Blastoise - Lv 40
    Primeape - Lv 42
    Haunter - Lv 38

In reserve: Pidgeot (Lv 39)

I made it to Celadon City and the first thing that I did was heal at the Pokemon Center there in town. I then swapped some Pokemon at the PC and went around exploring Celadon City. I went to the Celadon City Department Store and bought some useful items for the journey and then I went to the roof and purchased some Lemonade which would be useful later on. I went to the Game Corner but I didn't have a Coin Case so I had to find that first. I obtained it from the man at the restaurant and then I headed back and played at the Game Corner. I then cut down the tree in front of the Celadon City Gym and entered it. I battled the first couple of Gym trainers and then headed to the Pokemon Center to heal. I then saved.

I'm about to head through Rock Tunnel in my Blue. My current team consists of Wartortle, Pidgeotto, Weepinbell, Clefairy, Dugtrio, and Drowzee. I'm boxing Pidgeotto and using Jigglypuff to light up the cave. It's been a breeze so far, as even though the older games don't seem to go as fast as the newer ones, they're easier to win IMO.

I'm about to restart my Red and try a solo run with Charizard. Will update this post with info periodically as I train the 'Zard.
    A New Generation
    Has Arrived.

Unova rules!

I headed back to the Celadon City Gym and I defeated the last Gym trainers inside. I got to Erika's place and I challenged her to a Pokemon battle. I admit that it was a tough match. Her Tangela was easy enough to defeat, but her Victreebel was annoying and her Vileplume kept using the same moves over and over again. I managed to defeat her with some critical hits eventually and I obtained the Rainbow Badge. I left the Celadon City Gym and I healed at the Pokemon Center. I also went back to the Game Corner and I took care of the Team Rocket stuff inside. I got the Silph Scope item and I headed back to Lavender Town. I arrived and I headed up the Pokemon Tower. I eventually found a wild Gastly and I captured that for my team. I saved on the third floor before battling the trainers there.

I recently started a new game on Red. (Stuck in Glitch City -.-)
    3DS FC: 0791-1843-0552

I continued onward towards the summit of the Pokemon Tower. I eventually got the fourth floor and after battling some more of those trainers with the Ghost-type Pokemon, I headed for the top but had to face Marowak there. I defeated it and I climbed the stairs to the Pokemon Tower's summit. I got there and had to face Team Rocket next. I defeated some of the grunts and then I managed to get to Mr. Fuji. We returned to his house and then he handed over the PokeFlute so that I could awaken sleeping Pokemon. I left his house and healed at the local Pokemon Center before I headed out to the route south of Lavender Town. I went there and battled some fisherman class trainers and I arrived at the sleeping Snorlax before long. I saved there before battling it since I wanted to buy some Great Balls.

Just started a game in Pokemon Green i hope that i don't laugh to hard at the bad translations. My team now is a Squirtle nicknamed Ramen xD did the normal things, got the parcel gave it to Professor Oak..or Aochider....xD found then went into Viridian forrest found Bicac (Pikachu lol) named it Buttr might just catch another one and name it something else since it didn't train it yet.

Ramen (Squirtle) lv 13
    Bicac lv 3

I finally managed to purchase some Great Balls and I returned to fight the sleeping Snorlax that was blocking the path to Fuchsia City. I woke it up with the PokeFlute and I managed to weaken it a bit before I started throwing Great Balls at it. It must've been my lucky day because I captured it in the third Great Ball. I went to the Pokemon Center to withdraw it and I headed south towards Fuchsia City. I got to that part with all the Birdkeeper class trainers and I battled them for some experience. I als trained in the tall grass and I did various things in order to level up my Pokemon. I eventually reached Fuchsia City and I healed at the Pokemon Center there. I decided that I should take care of the trainers at Cycling Road, so I headed there. I saved at the gate.

Started a Nuzlocke Hard Mode run on my Pokemon Yellow. I've beaten two gym leaders, and have lost one pokemon so far (a spearow). I was lucky enough to get both mankey and drowzee as first encounters.
    --------------------------
    Platinum FC: 3094 7214 9857

I got to the Cycling Road and the first thing that I did was ride uphill to challenge some of the trainers there. I encountered quite a few on my way there and I managed to gain tons of much-needed experience from those battles. I headed all the way to the top of the Cycling Road and then I arrived at the gate between that and Celadon City. I headed for Celadon City after taking care of business and I healed at the local Pokemon Center. I did some shopping as well and then I returned to Fuchsia City after battling some wild Pokemon. I headed to the Safari Zone to catch some more Pokemon, but I didn't have much luck. I captured a Rhyhorn, though, so that was certainly something. I did some more training and then I went to the Fuchsia City Gym to challenge Koga. I saved there.

Starting back on Red/Blue.

Red:
    Charmander (Lv.14)
    Pidgey (Lv.14)
    Nidoran (Lv.14)

Blue
    Wartotle (Lv.20)

Currently at 1st gym.

Decided to restart Green. Went with Bulbasaur, seeing as its final evolution is the mascot. Nothing prior to Brock really appealed to me, so it was grinding time. I beat Brock with two Vine Whips. Got to Mt. Moon, with Bulbasaur evolving. Chose whichever fossil is on the left(I haven't been motivated to check yet). Made it to Cerulean and beat Misty easily. Did all the stuff leading up to Bill. Finally decided to catch another Pokémon, since a Lv.29 Ivysaur is a little overkill this early in the game. I proceeded to catch a Meowth. I decided to head to Vermilion when it reached Lv.14. Got it to Lv.15 before it fainted just outside of the city, so Ivysaur took over and grew a level. Healed and made my way to Diglett's Cave to search for a Dugtrio and to grind. Meowth fainted again, so I left and healed. First battle upon coming back was a Lv.31 Dugtrio. I thought I wouldn't be able to catch it, but lo and behold it went in on the first Pokéball. Now I'm grinding Meowth in the cave before I head to the S.S Anne.

Current Team:
    Ivysaur-Lv.31
    Meowth-Lv.18
    Dugtrio-Lv.31

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Re-Playing through Yellow. Only using Pokemon that Ash used during the Series. So Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, and a toss up between the other few. Maybe I'll go with Muk... maybe Kingler? Butterfree? HMMMM!
    So I heard you want to be the best? There ever was?

I got inside the Fuchsia City Gym and I battled the first Gym trainers that I encountered inside. I got around the Gym after bouncing off of the invisible walls, and I made my way to Koga's place. I had to leave really quick to heal my tired Pokemon, but I returned to face Koga once that was done. His Koffing weren't such a challenge, and I defeated those easily with my Graveler. I had some trouble against Koga's Weezing, but I beat it after a few rounds. Muk was also tough, but I eventually beat it too and I earned the Soul Badge from Koga. I left to heal my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center again and then I flew to Saffron City to free the city from Team Rocket and to challenge Sabrina afterwards. I saved at the entrance to Silph Co.

I am playing through Yellow again, and it's so addicting! I have a Pidgey, Pikachu, and Butterfree so far. I just beat Brock, and I'm on the road to Mt. Moon. I really think that people who dismiss the old games as "crappy" should give them a try.

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Credits to Gladeshadow

I finally got inside of Silph Co. in Saffron City, and I ran around trying to find items as well as the path to the building's top floor. I encountered the first Team Rocket grunt on the 4th floor and I battled him there. I then headed to the fifth floor, but I got lost and I to warp back to another floor. I fought several other Team Rocket grunts and then I had to leave really quick to heal my Pokemon since they had gotten tired. I eventually managed to enter the room before the 11th floor, but my rival appeared to battle me once again. I battled him and I left to heal once that was over since his Pokemon were tough. I returned to the same floor and I obtained a gift Lapras from an employee there. I then arrived at the top floor and I saved right before I entered the president's room and fought Giovanni.

I just found a wild Lickitung with the Mew Glitch in Green. Level 7 Zubat has a special stat of 11.
    FC: 2923 9125 8574
    Name: BLMNDEF
    Ghost Pokemon Breeder
    My Site for Pokemon Competitive Play
    My Webcomic: Karl & Co.
    My Channel

I don't use "uber" Pokemon,I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't care about natures. I breed my Pokemon with egg moves, but keep them the way they are. I treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. Yet I win 74% of my competitive battles. If you are like this, copy & paste this into your signature.

I have officialy claimed Eelektrik!

Spoiler:- My Shiny Pokemon:

Currently training on the S.S. Anne in Vermilion City. I'm about to fight my rival, which I named Gary (huge shocker, I know). Then I'm going to fight Lt. Surge!

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Credits to Gladeshadow

I got to the top floor of Silph Co. and I entered the president's room. Giovanni talked to me a bit about his plans and then we battled each other. Once again, I had an easy time against Giovanni since my Pokemon were at a higher level than his. I beat him and then he and Team Rocket fled Saffron City. The city was safe once again and the president of Silph Co. gave me the Master Ball item for my troubles. I left the Silph Co. building and I healed my tired Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I then entered the Saffron City Gym since I still needed to challenge Sabrina for the Marsh Badge. I got inside and I battled two trainers. I warped around the Gym and I battled a couple more trainers. I got to Sabrina's room, but I saved the game before battling her.

i don't know if this technically counts as recent happenings but i was cleaning up the other day i found yellow version under some of my high school books. still works perfect. my party still rocks. lvl 72 pidegot and 77 pikachu and 76 mewtwo.went and destroyed the elite four. gen 1 has the toughest elite four to date.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

I finally challenged Sabrina at the Saffron City Gym, and I actually had an easier time battling her than I've had in the past. I beat her Kababra with my Raichu, and scored some critical hits during that battle. I used Graveler against her Venomoth, and that battle ended easily. Her Alakazam was a tough opponent to beat, but I used Charizard and I won after a couple of rounds. I defeated Sabrina's last Pokemon and then I got the Marsh Badge from her as well as the TM containing the move Psywave. I left the Gym and I healed at the Saffron City Pokemon Center. I left to Fuchsia City and I started Surfing south towards Cinnabar Island and the seventh Gym. I saved as I battled the Swimmers along the sea route there.

I bought Green on ebay couple of days ago I'm now waiting for my friend to get his own copy so we can start Nuzlocking the hell out of them.

We already rolled a dice for our starters. Turns out he gets a Bulbasaur, and I get a Charmander. Should be fun B)
    Last edited by Casty; 31st May 2011 at 8:22 PM.

After battling a ton of Swimmers on my way to Cinnabar Island, I arrived at the Seafoam Islands. I got there and I entered the inner Seafoam Island cavern. I wandered around a bit, mostly just training against the wild Pokemon there or else capturing Pokemon that I hadn't yet collected. I eventually got to the part of the cavern with the boulder puzzle. I used Strength to push boulders around and I eventually made the currents in the Seafoam Islands stop. I Surfed around towards the exit of the cave, but I decided that I wanted to challenge Articuno before I left. I managed to find my way around the cave and I got to Articuno's little island. I saved the game there before attempting to capture the Articuno.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast