Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

Pokemon Red playthrough:
    I am doing a video series of my happenings, but I will try to post here and share what happens.
    I started my journey with the fire Pokemon Charmander. With the help of DUUUDE (Charmander's Nickname) I beat Gary's Squirtle. He also traveled with me to the Mart where I recieved Oak's Parcel. We then went back to Oak and he gave me the Pokedex for my troubles. I went out and caught 4 more pokemon and I am now going to be training all my pokemon to level 10 before defeating Gary again!
    Pokemon Caught
    Weedle
    Nidoran (M & F)
    Spearow

Team so far:
    Charmander - lvl 10
    Spearow - lvl 6
    Nidoran (M) lvl 3

My first video is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvdJCmymEI

My Channel is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jesusfreak9512

I will try to put up a new video daily and post here every other day!

I challenged Brock, and I have to admit that I had a tough time against him. I used Pikachu against Brock's Geodude since I wanted to level up Pikachu some more, but things didn't work out. I had to swap out to Rattata and then to Squirtle to get the job done. Once Brock's Geodude was defeated, I had to battle against his Onix. I had Squirtle attack with a Water-type attack in order to make use of the type advantage, but Onix was able to stay in the battle. I had to attack it a few more times in order to defeat it. Once I had, I got the Boulder Badge from Brock as well as his Gym's TM, and then I left the Gym to heal my Pokemon. I visited the Pewter City Pokemon Center, and I saved inside after my Pokemon were healthy again.

pokemon 731 ???
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes

Spoiler:- [center:

After finishing everything in Pewter City, I went east towards Mt. Moon. I battled tons of trainers along the way, and I leveled up my Pikachu and Pidgey. I continued onwards, and I eventually reached a patch of grass. I trained my Pokemon there, and I encountered a wild Jigglypuff. I captured it, and then I headed north to the Pokemon Center there. I healed my Pokemon, and then I purchased a Magikarp from the salesman there. I deposited my Rattata in the PC, and I headed outside again. I entered Mt. Moon, and I began to wander through it in search of the stairs. I encountered wild Pokemon like Geodude and Zubat, then I captured a Paras that I found. I trained all of my Pokemon against the trainers inside the cave, then I found the stairs that led to the next floor of the cave. I saved there.

going through the game with an all poison team(iv recently been trying my hand in the first 3 generations with single type teams)
    using
    Venusuar
    Nidoking
    Muk
    Golbat
    Tentacruel
    Beedril
    Iv also tried rotating in a Haunter(not big on Gengar) but i decided not to bring it to victory road
    If pokemon were real my team:

As I continued through Mt. Moon, I encountered more wild Pokemon. I battled several of them, then I ran into a Team Rocket grunt. I battled against them, then I climbed another set of stairs. I encountered more Team Rocket grunts as I continued up the mountain, and then I eventually reached a place with two Pokemon fossils. A Super Nerd trainer appeared, and he challenged me to a battle. Once I defeated him, he allowed me to pick a fossil to keep. I chose to keep the Helix Fossil, and then I continued through the last part of Mt. Moon. I exited the cave eventually, and I made my way east towards Cerulean City. I arrived after battling some wild Pokemon in the tall grass, and I headed to the Cerulean City Pokemon Center to heal my tired Pokemon. I then bought some items at the local Poke Mart and saved.

I began Red for the first time after finding it on Craigslist. I'm currently stuck at Lavender Town, trying to find the Silph Scope.

After finishing everything else, I entered the Cerulean City Gym to challenge Misty. I battled against her Gym trainers, then I healed again before the big match. I returned to the Cerulean City Gym, and I battled against Misty. I used my Pikachu against her Staryu, and things were pretty easy for the most part. Pikachu defeated Staryu with Thundershock, then Misty sent out her Starmie. Starmie defeated Pikachu with Bubblebeam, and I had to use Rattata against it. Rattata lost too though, so I used Paras. Paras was able to endure most of Starmie's attacks, but it wasn't able to defeat Starmie on its own. I had to use Wartortle against Starmie, and I barely managed to defeat it. Misty handed me the Cascade Badge and the Bubblebeam TM after the Gym battle, and I saved after healing my team at the Pokemon Center.

I recently found copies of both Red and Blue; here's hoping I get some use out of them! (I'm sure I will!)
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

I left the Cerulean City Pokemon Center, and I headed north. I met my rival along the way, and he challenged me to a battle. I defeated him after battling him for about 5 minutes, but I had to head back to the Cerulean City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. After that, I headed north and I arrived at the Nugget Bridge area. I battled the trainers there, and then I arrived at the end of the bridge. I battled the last trainer there, and then I continued east towards Cerulean Cape. There were even more trainers there, and I had to battle all of them in order to proceed towards Bill's Cottage. I arrived eventually, and I helped Bill with his experiment. I obtained the ticket that would allow me to board the S.S. Anne, and then I headed back south to Cerulean City. I healed once more at the local Pokemon Center, and then I saved.

Yesterday, I played my Blue just for fun. First, I fixed up some of my Pokemon's movesets. My Blastoise still had Withdraw and Bite, which I replaced with Body Slam and Submission. I taught Fire Blast to my Chansey, to get rid of Solar Beam. I have a *very* limited supply of TMs on this game, so this was the best I could do.

Next, I did a little training. I beat the Elite Four a couple of times which caused some of my Pokemon to grow a few levels. After that, I went to Cerulean Cave and levelled up the others. Now, all my Pokemon are at least level 60 (which makes this the strongest team I've ever had on RBY lol).

With all the important tasks in Cerulean City complete, I decided to leave town. I entered the house that had been robbed by Team Rocket, and I discovered a hole that led outside. I battled a Team Rocket grunt there, and then I set off towards Vermilion City. I stopped by the Day Care Center along the way though, and I left a Pokemon there. I then entered the Underground Path which led to Route 6. I made my way through the tunnel, and I arrived at Route 6. I battled some wild Pokemon and some trainers there, and then I arrived at my destination. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, and then I picked up an Old Rod from a fisherman next door. I also obtained a Bike Voucher from the Fan Club chairman, and I bought some items at the Poke Mart. I saved before heading over to the S.S. Anne.

After seeing the update on Serebii yesterday it made me want to play through my older games so I decided to start a new game on my Blue Version. I decided to go with Squirtle as my starter and managed to easily beat my rival's (who shall now be known as Luke) Bulbasaur. I trained my Squirtle on Route 1 and soon arrived in Viridian City. I grabbed Oak's Parcel and returned it to Oak in exchange for a Pokedex. I went back to Viridian City, bought a few PokeBall's, and headed west to Route 22. I searched the grass and eventually found a NidoranM. I captured it and took it to Route 1 where I trained it for a little while. Once it was at Lv8 and Squirtle was at Lv10 I headed back to Route 22 and took on Luke. Squirtle just spammed Bubble against his Pidgey until it fainted and then Nidoran used Horn Attack on his Bulbasaur until it fainted. I decided to take a break after the battle.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I made my way to the docks in Vermilion City, and I gained access into the S.S. Anne. Once inside, I headed over to the kitchens. After wandering around there, I headed into some of the cabins in order to challenge the trainers within. I battled several different types of trainers and their Pokemon there, and then I made my way to the ship's deck to scope things out. I battled some more there, and then I left the ship to heal my Pokemon at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center. I returned to the S.S. Anne shortly after that trip, and I headed deeper into the ship. I found the cabins where the Sailors were resting, and I battled them as well. I picked up some items in some of the cabins, and then I headed to the next area of the ship. I eventually reached the hall that led to the captain's room, and I saved before going inside.

I headed to Viridian Forest and trained Nidoran a lot against the wild Bug types. I used Squirtle mostly against the trainers so it would be strong for our first gym battle. Once both of my Pokemon were at Lv13 I departed from the forest and arrived in Pewter City. I immediately headed for the gym and defeated the only trainer with Squirtle. Then I challenged Brock. Squirtle took out Geodude with a single Bubble and then took out Onix with two Bubble's. I recieved the Boulder Badge and the TM for Bide (which I threw in the PC) and then headed out to Route 3. I began to work my way through all those trainers at the start of the Route and during those battles both Squirtle and Nidoran evolved into Wartortle and Nidorino respectively. I finished off all the trainers and took a break before entering Mt Moon.

Edit: Rank Up!!!
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 30th October 2011 at 3:30 PM.

I met my rival as I wandered around the hallway that led to the captain's room, and he challenged me to a battle. His Pidgeotto was really strong, but my Geodude managed to endure some hits and then it counter attacked. I used my Pikachu against his Raticate, and I won the match with Thundershock. I used Wartortle against Kadabra, and then I used my Pidgeotto against my rival's Ivysaur. I defeated it with Gust. I entered the captain's room after that, and I helped him get over his seasickness. Once that was done, I obtained the HM containing the move Cut from him, and I left the S.S. Anne soon after that. I watched the ship sail away, and then I headed to the Vermilion City Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon. I headed out to the Vermilion City Gym after that, and I saved the game shortly after entering.

I entered Mt Moon and I started wandering around and battling the various trainers. I encountered Team Rocket for the first time in the cave but they were no match for my Wartortle and Nidorino. Near the end of the first floor I found a Moon Stone that I decided to use on Nidorino to evolve it into Nidoking! I made my way further into the cave and battled more Rocket grunts before fighting a Super Nerd who let me keep a fossil he found (I chose the Helix Fossil). I exited Mt Moon and arrived in Cerulean City.

I headed towards the Nugget Bridge and had another battle with Luke. Nidoking took out his Pidgeotto and Bulbasaur while Wartortle took out his Abra and Rattata. I healed my two members and headed for the gym. I had Wartortle defeat the gym trainers and then I battled Misty. Nidoking beat her Staryu with two Horn Attack's and then Wartortle managed to win with a Tail Whip/Tackle combo. I got the Cascade Badge and the Bubblebeam TM before taking a break. Team is Lv22.

Recently bought Blue off eBay for Ł2.20 and wondering what Pokemon are the best starters, seeing as my oldest game before was Crystal

They need to make Pokemon Red/Blue for the 3DS's Shop... That would be boss.
    Meh, working on sig...

I went to the Nugget Bridge and proceeded to beat the 5 trainers on the bridge. I recieved a Nugget for my trouble and then I was forced to reject a perfectly good offer to join Team Rocket. After beating the grunt I made my way towards the little cove where Bill lived. There were a lot of trainers along the way, but they were just fodder for my Wartortle and Nidoking. I soon reached the cove and found a Pokemon inside Bill's house. Turns out it was actually Bill so I helped him become human again. I recieved an SS Ticket for my troubles before heading back to Cerulean City and defeated the Rocket Grunt that had stolen the TM28. Once he was defeated I went through the underground path and beat a few more trainers before arriving in Vermillion City. I headed east immediatly and captured a Spearow (to trade to the little girl to add entrys in my Pokedex) but more importantly I captured a new team member, a Drowzee (Psychic types rule the first generation). I trained it against some wild Pokemon for a little while before taking a break.

I battled the trainers inside the Vermilion City Gym when I arrived, and then I had to solve the Gym puzzle, which was pretty difficult. I managed to solve it eventually, and then I challenged Lt. Surge to a battle. He sent out his Voltorb first, and I used my Geodude since it had the type advantage against Electric-type Pokemon. I managed to defeat Voltorb with Rock Throw, and then Lt. Surge sent out his Pikachu. I used my Paras against it, and I managed to paralyze Pikachu with Stun Spore. I then switched to Geodude, and I defeated Pikachu with Rock Throw. I used my Wartortle against Lt. Surge's Raichu, but Raichu used Thunder Wave to paralyze Wartortle. I used my Pikachu against it, and then I used Geodude when Pikachu faltered. I won the battle with Rock Throw, and I obtained the Thunder Badge.

I am currently teaching my Pokemon new attacks from TM's. I gave Salt(Parascet) Solar Beam and Buckle(Snorlax) Fire Blast and Blizzard.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

I still have my B/Y versions, but theyre 100% completed so Im not touching them. Theyre stored away somewhere nice and safe. Good to see you guys keeping the old spirit alive tho. R/B/Y will always be the best.

I left the Vermilion City Gym after defeating Lt. Surge, and then I headed to the local Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon. I walked out after that, and I bought some more items at the Poke Mart. I then headed north towards Route 6 after that. I trained a bit against the wild Pokemon there, and then I went through the Underground Path until I reached Route 5. I walked into Cerulean City, and I got a Bike from the Bike Shop there. I went to ride it around Route 25, and then I went back down to Cerulean City. I cut down the tree that was blocking the path to Route 9, and I battled the trainers there. The trainers there was certainly tougher, but I eventually reached the Pokemon Center at the foot of Rock Tunnel, and I healed my Pokemon inside before heading off. I saved before entering Rock Tunnel.

I spent a long time training Drowzee against the trainers north of Vermillion City and on all the trainers west on Route 11. Then I headed onto the SS Anne and explored every cabin so I could fight every trainer. I also picked up some good items during my search around the ship. After the last battle against a normal trainer Drowzee managed to evolve into Hypno. I then found Luke on board and we had our battle which resulted in a win for me. I received Cut from the captain and then exited the ship. I made my way towards the Pokemon Center and then to the gym. I used Hypno and Nidoking against the gym trainers and then spent a few minutes trying to find the stupid switches. I eventually did and then had a battle with Lt Surge. Wartortle knocked out Voltorb with a few Bubblebeam's, Hypno beat Pikachu with Confusion, and Nidoking knocked out Raichu with Thrash. I got the badge, TM24, and saved. Everyone is at Lv27.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast