Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

I entered Rock Tunnel since I needed to pass through it in order to get to Lavender Town, and I wandered around the dark for a while. I encountered tons of wild Pokemon, and I battled against them in order to level up my Pokemon. I then battled against some trainers inside the cave, and I found some stairs that led to the next floor of Rock Tunnel. I arrived at the next floor, and I battled some more trainers there. I picked up some items as I was wandering around, and then I finally found the exit. I headed out, and I battled some more trainers outside. I headed south after that, and then I arrived in Lavender Town. I quickly headed over to the local Pokemon Center, and I healed my Pokemon there. I then headed over to the Poke Mart, and I stocked up on important items. I saved before moving on to the Pokemon Tower.

I started to leave Vermillion City but I remembered I needed Flash so I headed through Diglett's cave and recieved it from the aide. I went all the way back to Cerulean City and grabbed the bicycle before heading towards Rock Tunnel. The trainers on Route 9 were easy for my Wartortle, Hypno, and Nidoking. I captured a Voltorb so I could use Flash and then I entered Rock Tunnel. Navigating in the dark was simple, but I decided to use Flash anyways to see the trainers. I beat all of them along the way without needing to heal anyone and after a long trek I arrived in Lavender Town. I headed west onto Route 8 and battled a Gambler before going into the grass. Eventually I found what I was looking for...a Vulpix! I saved after the capture.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I entered the Lavender Town Pokemon Tower after I bought some items, and I encountered my rival as I climbed to the second floor. He challenged me to a battle, and then once I defeated him I encountered some ghosts that I couldn't identify. It turned out that I needed a Silph Scope to proceed up the tower, so I headed back down after that. I healed my Pokemon once again at the Lavender Town Pokemon Center, and then I headed west towards Saffron City. I had to battle tons of trainers along the way though, and then I reached the entrance to one of the Underground Paths. I headed down there, and I eventually resurfaced at Route 7. I battled some Pokemon in the tall grass there, and then I arrived in Celadon City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, and then I headed to the Celadon City Department Store.

I managed to avoid all the trainers west of Lavender Town and then I headed towards Celadon City. When I entered the city I went all the way west, cut down a tree, and walked in the grass until I found and captured my newest member, a Doduo. I taught it Fly and flew back to Lavender Town. I beat the trainers outside of Rock Tunnel before taking on every trainer on Route 8. Once they were defeated I went back to Celadon City and headed to the Dept Store. I climbed to the top and gave the girl three different drinks in order to get TM 13,48, and 49. I taught Ice Beam to Wartortle before heading to the Game Corner. I beat the Rocket grunt in front of the poster and took a break.

I bought tons of items inside the Celadon City Department Store. I headed outside once I had finished my shopping, and then I went around to the back of the Celadon Mansion, and I found a room with a guy inside. He gave me a gift Eevee, and then I evolved it into a Flareon with a Fire Stone. I headed back to the Celadon City Pokemon Center after that, and I healed my Pokemon there. I then went to the local Game Corner, and I unlocked the entrance to Team Rocket's hideout. I entered it, and I wandered around looking for Team Rocket grunts. I managed to battle against several of them, and then I collected some items as I went around the first floor. I fought against some more Team Rocket grunts as I headed into the next floor, and I eventually found the elevator that led to Giovanni's room. I saved before using it.

I continued into the Rocket Hideout and started beating all the grunts inside to give Vulpix and Doduo some experience. I managed to find a Lift Key after beating one of the grunts and then I explored more until I came to Giovanni's room. Wartortle and Nidoking beat his team of three Pokemon and then he fled, leaving behind a Silph Scope. I nabbed it and then went to the gym. Inside the Celadon Gym were a bunch of females who trained Grass types which was great for Doduo and Vulpix. They beat every trainer there before taking on Erika. I started off that gym battle with Hypno who defeated Victreebel with a single Confusion. Vulpix just spammed Ember against Tangela and Doduo beat Vileplume with a critical hit Fly. I got the badge and then flew to Lavender Town.

I healed up and then went into the Pokemon Tower. I encountered Luke on the second floor, but his team was underleveled compared to mine so he was no challenge at all. I discovered on the third floor that Vulpix could not harm Gastly very well so I fought most of the trainers using Doduo. On the fifth floor Doduo finally evolved into Dodrio at Lv31!! I continued to the top until I battled a wild Marowak. I beat it and continued up and battled a few Rocket grunts with Vulpix. After they left Mr Fuji thanked me by giving me a Poke Flute. I flew to Celadon City and used the Poke Flute on the Snorlax. It woke up and attacked in a grumpy rage. It was stubborn at first, but I did eventually catch it which now completes my team. I saved after the capture.

I unlocked the elevator at the Team Rocket Hideout, and I entered Giovanni's room. I talked to him, and then we battled. I had a relatively easy time against his Pokemon, and then he fled along with the Team Rocket grunts once I defeated him. I picked up the Silph Scope that I needed for Lavender Town's Pokemon Tower, and then I headed over to the Celadon City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon after all the battles I had. I left to the Celadon City Gym after that, and I entered it. I started to battle the trainers inside, and I managed to beat them all very easily using my Flareon and my Pidgeotto. I left to heal my Pokemon again after those battles since I wanted to make sure that my Pokemon were healthy before challenging Erika. I returned to the Gym afterwards, and I saved before challenging Erika to a Gym battle.

I trained up Snorlax against some fishermen south of Lavender Town to get it up to the rest of my team's level. Then I used Vulpix against the various bikers on Cycling Road and it eventually reached Lv35 and learned Flamethrower so I went ahead and evolved it into Ninetales! I beat the rest of the bikers and arrived in Fuchsia City. I explored for a little bit and saved before heading into the Safari Zone. Wartortle is pretty close to evolving!

I returned to the Celadon City Gym, and I challenged Erika to a Gym battle. She sent out her Victreebel, and I used my Flareon against it. Flareon attacked with Quick Attack, but that didn't affect Victreebel very much. It used Sleep Powder on Flareon and it fell asleep. I had to use Pidgeotto instead, and I defeated Erika's Victreebel with Gust. I faced off against her Vileplume after that, but it used Sleep Powder as well. I had to switch to Wartortle, and I had it use Bite on Vileplume. Wartortle was hurt due to Vileplume's Mega Drain attack, but I managed to defeat Vileplume with another Bite attack. All that was left was Erika's Tangela, but my Graveler managed to defeat it with Selfdestruct. I defeated Erika, and I obtained the Rainbow Badge as well as her Gym's TM. I left the Celadon City Gym after that and I saved the game.

I found my sister's Yellow version today, and decided to play it (after all, it's not like she's going to bother with it...) She had 3 badges and a very unbalanced team. Her Pikachu was level 32, but her Diglett was lv. 19...and the three starters were level 11. >_<

Anyway, I figured Rock Tunnel was the place I had to go to, so I went to Cerulean and went onto the route leading to the tunnel. I fought all the trainers along the route and evolved Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Once I reached the tunnel, I taught Flash to Pikachu and went inside. I didn't use any repel since I wanted to fight the wild Geodude and Onix in order to level up Ivysaur and Wartortle. I also battled trainers with these Pokemon, until they were both level 23. I also trained Charmander by putting in front of the party and then switching it out immediately, and by doing this I got it to evolve into Charmeleon.

Eventually, I made it out of the tunnel and entered Lavender Town, which is where I saved the game. I might continue playing it some time, but it depends.

I left the Celadon City Gym and then I headed over to the local Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon. I swapped Pokemon at the PC while I was there, and then I left to buy some more items at the Department Store. Once I had finished all of that, I went to the gate that led to Saffron City. I gave the guard a drink and I was allowed to enter Saffron City. I crossed the city and I headed out to Lavender Town. I entered the Pokemon Tower, and I encountered another ghost as I started to climb. I was finally able to identify the ghost as a Gastly thanks to the Silph Scope, and I captured it. I started to battle against the various Channelers around the tower, and then I found a purification zone where my Pokemon were healed for me. I continued to wander around the Pokemon Tower, and I saved on the second to last floor.

Played my sister's Yellow some more. I started in Lavender Town and made my way to Celadon. Once I got there, I immediately headed to the route west of the city in order to get the Fly HM. I was planning on performing the Mew glitch, but then I found out that my sister already battled the youngster above Cerulean that uses Slowpoke. -__-

I then spent a lot of time training Charmeleon and Diglett since they were underlevelled. It took a really long time, but eventually I got them both to around level 23-24.

After that, I went back to Celadon and headed for the Game Corner, where I entered the Team Rocket hideout. I explored the whole place and picked up all the items. I also battled all the grunts using Diglett, who grew several levels and evolved into Dugtrio. Eventually, I reached Giovanni and battled him. His Onix and Rhyhorn were very easy to take down, but Persian was a little harder. Charmeleon got Persian down to low health, but then Persian KOed it with a critical hit. I then sent out Wartortle to win the battle.

When the battle was done, I picked up the Silph Scope. Next, I think I'll go to the Celadon Gym.

I did some old fashioned grass cutting east of Celadon, then continued raising to the west of Fuschia; not Cycling Road, that patch of grass just before the entrance, (where the three bird keepers are,) cylcing along that stretch to avoid battling any of them. I'm about to go to the mansion and get the Cinnabar Island Gym Key with this team.

Charizard: Lv 57
    Alakazam: Lv 56
    Poliwrath: Lv 55
    Jolteon: Lv 55
    Victreebel: Lv 55
    Golem: Lv 55

I've also run out of space for items in my bag and in the PC.
    Last edited by ToeyJoey; 27th November 2011 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Just finished the Celadon Gym on my sister's Yellow. I used Charmeleon the entire time. The trainers in the Gym weren't that difficult, but they were extremely annoying because the loved spamming Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, and Wrap over and over again. But the most annoying Pokemon in the Gym was definitely Erika's Tangela, whose Bind attack seemed to go on forever. Her Weepinbell and Gloom weren't that bad, though.

Anyway, I got the fourth badge and then went to the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town. I battled my rival, whose Pokemon were easily taken down by several Ember attacks.

I encountered the ghost Marowak as I wandered close to the stairs that led to the Pokemon Tower's summit, and I had to battle against it. I defeated it easily and then I was allowed to pass. I arrived at the top of the Pokemon Tower, and I saw several Team Rocket grunts there. I had to battle against all of them in order to get close to Mr. Fuji and when I did we returned to his house in Lavender Town. He gave me the Poke Flute for my troubles and then I headed over to the Lavender Town Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon. I bought some items at the local Poke Mart and then I headed south towards the bridge area. I battled some Fisherman along the way and then I eventually reached the area with the sleeping Snorlax. I used the Poke Flute to awaken it and I battled against it. I managed to successfully capture it.

Red: Wow, restarted Red and went off in to the grass. Chose Squirtle as my starter as I did back in the day, caught Pidgey.

Yellow: Also restarted Yellow and got Pikachu, beat Gary, and started off towards Viridian.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Recently found my old Game Boy Color! For whatever reason I lose my Playstation and PC games all over the place but all my old Game Boy games were neatly put away together. Think I just got lazier with age.

Anyway amongst those games was Pokemon Yellow, which I am now currently playing. Trying to use Pokemon I've not used much, which is really hard considering I've used pretty much all of them at some point.

Up to my current point:

Started with Pikachu, obviously. Didn't want to catch anything else up until the gym, so I had to defeat Brock with Pikachu alone. THAT was a pain, but I managed to pull through thanks to Potion abuse. It's something I don't recommend.

On the stretch between Pewter and Cerulean is where I picked up my three other team members as of this date. I got myself a Sandshrew, I knew it would becoming quite an attacking prowess later on in the game. My other two team members were quite unplanned, I stumbled upon a Paras which I decided to catch, being a Grass type I haven't used much. The only problem? For the longest time, ALL IT KNEW WAS SCRATCH. It's only recently come into real use. My fourth team member was a Clefairy, which honestly was just caught to have water attacks to defeat the likes of Geodude and Onix, but has since garnered a whole butt load of moves.

Beat my rival and Misty with relative ease, went south to the S.S. Anne and conquered. During this period Sandshrew and Paras evolved. Despite having a Sandslash I managed to beat Lt. Surge with my Clefairy and Parasect.

Now I'm approaching Rock Tunnel. To be honest I was going to catch a Magnemite here, and I planned on ditching Pikachu, but it's kinda, grown on me and such. So now I'm not sure which to use...

Should I replace Pikachu with Magnemite or keep it?

(Experience has taught me that no one is ever going to reply to my query)

I would replace it with a Magnemite. It will be available for more moves and it will be able to evolve.
    A proud member of the

Currently Playing
    Pokemon Black

Spoiler:- Claims~:

Advice duly taken, I caught a Magnemite and am now in the process of training it.

Two things:

1) Magnemite not being a Steel type certainly needs some getting used to.
    2) Magnemite can learn Teleport? What the fudge?
    3) Despite intending on using Pokemon I've not really used, I've wound up with Parasect and Magnemite, two of my favourites ever. Liking this team already

Not sure what next team members to get. I want a Seel but I can't get one of those for a while. Thinking of maybe using Farfetch'd? I'll just get what comes.

Played Yellow some more. I did the Pokemon Tower, which was really easy with Dugtrio. After I finished and got the Pokeflute, I went to wake up the Snorlax just outside Celedon. It took me two attempts to catch it since Dugtrio killed it with a critical hit the first time. Once I caught it, I headed out onto Cycling Road.

Restarted Yellow

I got myself a Pikachu and nicknamed it sparky. I beat my rivial with some difficulty. After collecting Oaks parcel and my pokedex, I then caught myself a Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Mankey and a Caterpie. I grinded up levels until I got Low kick on Mankey and evolved Caterpie to Butterfree. I beat my rivial again and beat Brock with Mankey.

Deposited Mankey and Butterfree and then trained up Pidgey and Rattata until they evolved. Training up a Geodude, Spearow and Pikachu now, whilst trying to catch a Clefairy, Zubat and Paras. Got an idea of which I want to use in my final team but trying to keep my pokedex as well.

Training up Pikachu to L18 for the next gym and hoping to get Bulbasaur as well
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

Had quite a good session today, defeating the Pokemon Tower with relative ease I then awoke the eastern Snorlax before heading south to Fuschia. Looked for Pokemon but found nothing I wanted, including in the Safari Zone, but I did get HM Surf. Went back up and beat Erika to get an actual grass move for my Parasect, then went back down and beat Koga with surprising ease (I'm quite underleveled), not sure if to utilise Toxic, but whatever, it meant I could Surf down a bit and get that Seel I've been waiting for, which is now a Dewgong.

Currently heading down Cycling Road, unsure of my sixth team member. Maybe a Grimer? Or even an Aerodactyl, I'm undecided. My team is pretty good so far, though, everyone is useful in their own way, there's no real weak link.

Team:

Emo lvl.36
    Slash
    Rock Slide
    Dig
    Strength

Shroom lvl.35
    Body Slam
    Spore
    Mega Drain
    Cut

Prissy lvl.37
    Tri Attack
    Thunder Wave
    Metronome
    Psychic

Magners lvl.36
    Thunderbolt
    Supersonic
    Teleport
    Swift

Spheel lvl.35
    Surf
    Headbutt
    Ice Beam
    Horn Drill

Badges: 5

Today, I went down Cycling Road in Yellow. There were many trainers there, which I beat using Charmeleon and Dugtrio. After reaching the bottom of the hill, I fought a few Bird Keepers outside Fuchsia City using Pikachu. I then entered the city, healed, and headed for the Safari Zone. I didn't catch any Pokemon, but I did find a whole bunch of items, including the Surf HM and the warden's teeth.

I will get the Strength HM next, then I'll probably train for a while before going to the Fuchsia Gym. Pikachu, Charmeleon, and Dugtrio are level 35+, but Ivysaur and Wartortle are only level 25 so I need to level them up a lot.

I deposited the Snorlax at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center after I defeated the trainers along Route 11. I healed my Pokemon while I was there, and then I headed back to Route 12 so I could make the trip to Fuchsia City. I battled several trainers along the way, and then I arrived at Route 13. I battled even more trainers there and I also trained against the wild Pokemon in the patches of tall grass. After capturing a Venonat, I arrived at Route 14, and I battled against more trainers. I eventually reached the gate that led to Fuchsia City and once I arrived, I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I bought some items at the Poke Mart, and then I wandered around the zoo in front of the Safari Zone. I didn't want to challenge Koga at the Fuchsia City Gym yet, so I decided to wander around the Safari Zone before that.

I did a LOT of training on Yellow. I pretty much battled every trainer possible at my point in the game. Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle all evolved into their final forms and I got my entire team to at least level 36. I then went to challenge Koga at the Fuchsia City Gym. All of his Venonat were really easy to take down with Charizard and Dugtrio. Venomoth was a little harder because it managed to take out Charizard. Also, Double Team. Fortunately, I was able to paralyze it with Pikachu's Thunder Wave and then take it out with Dugtrio. I won the match and got my fifth badge.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast