Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

Once I paid a small fee I was allowed to enter the Safari Zone. I captured a wild Rhyhorn in the first area, and then I encountered more Pokemon like Exeggcute and Venonat. I wandered over to the next area after that and I encountered a wild Kangaskhan, but I wasn't able to capture it because it fled quickly. I headed over to the next area after that and after wandering around some more, I encountered a wild Chansey. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to capture it because it also fled. I managed to find the Safari Zone warden's missing teeth though, which was what I was after. I also managed to find the house where the Surf HM was hidden and I obtained that. I left the Safari Zone after capturing a wild Venomoth and I went to the warden's house to return his teeth. I got the Strength HM from him and then I saved the game.

So after starting the Pokemon Yellow I got as a gift, I beat Gary before setting off. Managed to catch a lv6 Nidoran(M). Making it to Pewter City, I got Pikachu up to lv13 and Nidoran up to lv12. Had no trouble getting the Boulder Badge. On the way to Mt. Moon, caught a lv8 Sandshrew. Reached Mt. Moon and currently in search of a Clefairy.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Started over Yellow today and after doing the usual stuff I stocked up on items and went to go capture a Nidoran. I didn't care which one, just whichever one came first which was a Nidoran Male. I levelled him and my Pikachu to lv8 before batling my rival on Route 2. Pikachu handeled Spearow and Nidoran's Horn Attack took care of Eevee after a few misses due to Sand Attack.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I flew to Saffron City and went to the dojo. After beating all the trainers there, I chose Hitmonlee over Hitmonchan, but I don't plan on using it. I healed at the Pokemon Centre and then headed into the Silph Co. building. I explored every floor to make sure that I picked up all the items and beat all the Rockets. My rival and Giovanni were both very easy to beat. Once I defeated Team Rocket, I obtained the Master Ball. Also, I was given a Lapras which was sent to my PC.

I made my way through Viridian Forest and managed to only get poisened once. By the time I was out my Nidoran just reached lv 12 and learned Double Kick and my Pikachu was at lv 10. Nidoran had a tougher time with the gym trainer than he did with Brock. It only took one Tackle from Geodude and that's it. After defeating Brock I decided to stock up on some items and check out the museum. Now that my Nidoran was 5 levels higher than Pikachu, I used Pikachu in all of the battles on my way to Mt. Moon. When I got there my team was Nidorino at lv 16 and Pikachu at lv 14.

Credit to zhanton

I flew to Pallet Town and surfed towards Cinnabar Island. I battled some trainers along the way in order to level up Venusaur. When I arrived in Cinnabar, I went into the Pokemon Mansion. There, I trained Pikachu and Blastoise against wild Pokemon until they reached level 40.

After my training was done, I returned to Saffron. I went to the Gym, and beat all the regular trainers. Then, I fought Sabrina. I took out her Abra with Pikachu after being annoyed by Abra's Flash. Kadabra was next and I took it out with Blastoise. Alakazam was last. I sent out Venusaur against it in order to use Leech Seed and Toxic. Venusaur was KOed eventually, so then I sent out Charizard, who won the battle. I got my sixth badge and saved the game.

I made my way through Mt Moon and caught myself a Paras to later teach Cut. I also found a Moon Stone for my Nidorino. I didn't evolve Nidorino until it learned Poison Sting because I thought I might get a lucky Poison on the opponent here and there. I arrived in Cerulean and received Bulbasaur before taking on Nugget Bridge. I did the old switch out method to level up Bulbasaur and after I was done with Nugget Bridge my Bulbasaur was at level 15, Pikachu at 17, and Nidoking at 20.

Credit to zhanton

I went back to the Pokemon Mansion in Cinnibar, this time to explore it fully. I searched through every floor and eventually ended up in the basement, where I obtained the Secret Key. After finding the key, I stayed in the mansion for a while to do some training; I got Charizard and Blastoise to gain a few levels. I then left and began surfing on the route east of Cinnabar. There, I trained Pikachu against the swimmers. After beating all the trainers, I continued Pikachu's training on the ocean between Fuchsia and the Seafoam Islands.

Now, I only have Venusaur left to train. Then, I'll be ready to do the Cinnabar Gym.

Finally caught a lv8 Chefairy. After dealing with Team Rocket, I grabbed the Dome Fossil. Before going on to Cerulean City, spend the time to fully level up my team. Got Pikachu up to lv18, Nidorino and Sandshrew to lv17. After defeating Gary once again and helping Bill, I got Charmander and spend some time training it to lv15 before taking on Misty. Nidorino was able to deal with Staryu with some trouble, and Pikachu easily finished off Starmie to gain me the Cascade Badge. Nearly forgot about getting Bulbasaur, after which I spend some time training it to lv16 and evolving it. Heading down to Vermilion City, I took some more time to prepare for the S.S. Anne. Got Pikachu to lv22, Nidorino to 21, Sandslash to lv22, Charmeleon to lv20, and Ivysaur to lv20 before boarding the ship.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

After getting both the Surf HM and Strength HM, I headed over to the Fuchsia City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon before challenging the local Gym. I stocked up on important items at the local Poke Mart and then I entered the Fuchsia City Gym. I had to navigate around the Gym, which contained a number of invisible walls. I battled the Gym trainers inside as I made my way towards the Gym Leader. When I finally found Koga, we started to battle. Koga sent out his first Koffing and I used my Graveler against it. I defeated Koffing with Magnitude and then I used Pidgeot against his Muk. I defeated Muk with Wing Attack and then I fought against his Weezing. It used Toxic on my Raichu, but I won that match with Thunderbolt. I defeated Koga's second Koffing and I won the battle. I obtained the Soul Badge from Koga and saved.

Did a lot of grinding in the Seafoam Islands and Pokemon Mansion to get my whole team to at least level 45. Once I finished that, I headed into the Cinnabar Gym. I purposely got all the quiz questions wrong since I wanted to fight every trainer. My Blastoise OHKOed all the Gym trainers' Pokemon. After beating all the regular trainers, I fought Blaine. His Pokemon were higher in level than mine, but my Blastoise had no problems beating his entire team. I got my seventh badge, so I only have the Viridian Gym left.

Romped through Pokemon Red again, using a couple of pokemon I've never used before. Also caught Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave. This ended up being my team after the E4, with their current levels:

Vileplume lvl 60
    Mr. Mime lvl 61
    Raticate lvl 58
    Seaking lvl 60
    Moltres lvl 61
    Arbok lvl 62

Really proved that you can beat the game easily with even the crappiest pokemon. The only time I really had trouble was the second to last Gary battle (when you go to victory road), mainly because of his Alakazam. The E4 was cake.
    Last edited by Mysteryguy; 18th January 2012 at 8:04 PM.

I left the Fuchsia City Gym after I defeated Koga and I headed over to the local Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon. I flew to Saffron City after that since I had to defeat Sabrina at the Saffron Gym in order to win the Marsh Badge, but I had to stop Team Rocket at Silph Co. first. I managed to enter the building after wandering around town and I climbed to the second floor. I wandered around some more and I encountered some Team Rocket grunts. I defeated them and then I realized that some of the rooms around the building had their doors closed, which meant that I needed to find a key to open them. I wandered around the next few floors and I talked to some people who were being held hostage. I eventually battled my way around the next set of floors and I managed to obtain the key that unlocked all the rooms.

I restarted Yellow a few days ago, which was probably the best idea after seeing my old team of three level 20s, one level 38, and two level 50s. Since it's been a few days, I won't bore you with every detail.

By the time I had gotten to Nugget Bridge, my party consisted of Charmander, Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, Nidoking, and of course Pikachu (I obtained Squirtle after defeating Surge with a captured Dugtrio). Once I got to Route 7 I replaced Pidgeotto with a Kadabra (being severely overpowered, Psychic-types are a must-have in Gen I, especially due to the prevalence of Poison-types).

The desire to have a better team than before had made me battle every Trainer in the game, leading to trekking through all eleven floors of Silph Company (which wasn't that bad in retrospect).

The level jump of Gym Leaders after Erika was a minor annoyance, but somehow I managed to pull through. Giovanni put up a decent fight, although the same can't really be said about my rival, whom I've completely demolished in every encounter so far.

Tomorrow I'll have to decide if I want to teach Strength to Nidoking in order to make it through Victory Road, where I expect to spend some time level grinding for the Elite Four.

If all goes well, this will be my first time seeing the credits of a Generation I game through my own power after getting Yellow as my first Pokemon game for my 11th birthday.

Paradise is Calling... Are You Ready to Answer?

Before going to the Viridian Gym, I did some level grinding on my team. I made sure to get all my Pokemon to level 48. During my training, I visited the Power Plant. I did not battle Zapdos there yet, but I did pick up all the items and the wild Pokemon there provided a lot of experience for Dugtrio. Once I finished training, I headed into the Viridian Gym. I creamed all the trainers and had no trouble making it to Giovanni. He was not difficult at all. I easily took down all his Ground types with Venusaur, then switched to Dugtrio to take out Persian. After the battle ended, I received my eight badge and the Fissure TM. Next, I'm going to head towards Victory Road.

I hurried through Silph Co. after I obtained the key that unlocked all the locked doors. I eventually reached the floor with the warp panels that led to the president's room, but I decided to heal my Pokemon before I challenged Giovanni to a battle. I headed to the Saffron City Pokemon Center and then I returned to the building. I arrived at the third floor and I warped to another room. I encountered my rival though, and I had to defeat him in order to progress. I defeated him and then an employee gave me a Lapras. I healed my Pokemon once more and then I arrived at the eleventh floor. I challenged Giovanni and he used his Nidorino and then Nidoqueen, but I defeated them easily with my Golem. I used my Golduck against his Rhyhorn and I defeated it with Surf. Only Giovanni's Kangaskhan remained, but I defeated it with Hitmonchan.

I left the Viridian Gym, went to heal, then started to head towards Victory Road. Shortly after leaving the city, I was approached by my rival and challenged to a battle. He wasn't much of a challenge since I managed to destroy his entire team. After that, I continued on my way. I passed all the badge checkpoints, and eventually entered Victory Road. I picked up a few items and fought a few trainers, then spent some time fighting wild Pokemon to boost my levels a bit. I will finish going through the whole thing next time I play.

On my yellow version,i have preiviously preformrd the mew glitch,currently,i am training for Koga-he has the highest lv jump in the game!
    フェージングのエコー

Finished going through Victory Road. I made sure to fight everyone in there, and by the time I exited, my entire team was level 50+. This is the strongest I've ever been upon reaching Indigo Plateau in Gen I. I know my Pokemon are strong enough to take on the Elite Four right now, but I think I'm going to level them up a bit more to around level 53-55 first to make things easier.

I went to the Safari Zone and raced straight to the end so I could get Surf and the Gold Teeth to give to the Warden for Strength. I taught Strength to Nidoking and Surf to Wartortle. Then I trained Wartortle in the grass to evolve it into Blastoise. With that taken care of I headed to the gym. After a few battles I realized my team could be a little higher so I took them to Route 15. I took a break once I defeated everyone on that route.

Lv36
    Lv35
    Lv35
    Lv35
    Lv35
    Lv35
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Just about to start on a nuzlocked journey. I believe I'll choose squirtle

Follow my journey in my sig
    GAMEDEVDAN on TWITTER

After I defeated Giovanni at the top floor of the Silph Co. building, I received a Master Ball from the company president. I left the building and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I swapped Pokemon while I was inside and then I headed over to the Saffron City Gym to challenge Sabrina to a battle. I entered the Gym and I had to wander around by stepping on the warp tiles. I battled against some of the Gym trainers and then I found Sabrina's room after I healed my Pokemon again. She sent out a Kadabra first and I used my Golduck. I managed to defeat it with Surf and then I fought against her Venomoth. I used Charizard's Flamethrower attack to defeat it, and then Sabrina sent out her Mr. Mime. My Golem defeated it with a few Magnitude attacks and all that was left was Sabrina's Alakazam, which I defeated with Charizard.

Blue: I've started a Nuzlocke challenge against a friend of mine. He's using Red, I'm using Blue. Called myself Blue, picked Squirtle (Popan) as my starter, encountered no Pokémon at all on way to and from Oak's Parcel which was really surprising. Bought 10 Pokéballs at Viridian City and am levelling up Popan. Encountered Rattata on Route 1, so caught it and nicknamed it Jegri, and have levelled it up a bit. Going to get to level 10, and then challenge the gym and then me and my friend'll have a battle. Hoping to encounter a Spearow on Route 22.

Current Team:
    Popan - Level 8
    Jegri - Level 4
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

I did a lot of grinding against wild Pokemon and got my entire team to level 53. I then flew to Indigo Plateau, healed, bought a bunch of items, saved the game, and then began my challenge against the Elite Four.

Most of Lorelei's Pokemon weren't too difficult, but Slowbro was a bit of a problem because of Amnesia. A couple of my Pokemon died to it. Bruno and Agatha were absolute pushovers - Venusaur and Charizard took down Bruno while Dugtrio swept Agatha's entire team. I was surprised that I beat Agatha so easily, since I usually have to deal with Hypnosis a lot.

Lance was harder than the previous trainers. Right off the bat, Gyarados OHKOed Pikachu with Hyper Beam. Aerodactyl and the Dragonairs weren't as hard, but Dragonite was troublesome. It knew Blizzard, Fire Blast, and Thunder, which means that it could hit all my remaining Pokemon with Super Effective damage. I eventually managed to take it out, though.

My rival was a pushover; I had no problems beating him.

After that, I was entered in the Hall of Fame and I watched the credits.

Starting Red on the comp. Choosing Charmander.

The great thing about the early generations is you really can go any direction when it comes to teams. I don't really have one planned out right now, I'm just gonna go along and see what happens.

Got to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City, going to go to the Pokemart and get the Parcel... whatever that is...

Lvl 6
    Scratch
    Growl

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast