Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

Got all my Pokemon up to lvl 25 and beat misty, now on route 11 training my team to lvl 30 and then ill clear out the ss ann and beat Lt surge.
    With Out Evil There Would Be No Good In A World Were for Every Shade Of Blue There is a shade Of Grey

After training for a few more hours and getting my Pokemon's levels up some more, I headed back to the Pokemon League HQ and I healed my Pokemon and bought some items as well. I headed into Lorelei's room after that and I battled against her. I used my Raichu against Lorelei's Dewgong, Lapras and Cloyster and I defeated them all with Thunderbolt. I then used Charizard's Fire Blast on Jynx and finally I used my Vileplume against Lorelei's Slowbro. I headed to the next room after that and I encountered Bruno there. I challenged him and I used my Gyarados against his first Onix, then my Charizard against Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. I defeated them both with Fly, then I used Gyarados against Bruno's second Onix. I switched to Raichu and I used it against Machamp, but that didn't go too well so I used Charizard again instead. I healed my Raichu with a Super Potion and I saved the game.

I restarted Yellow a few months ago while I was on vacation and made some progress before stopping when I returned. I picked it up again recently and decided to post about it here. Right now I'm on my way to Celadon City after getting through Rock Tunnel and beating Gary in the Pokemon Tower. Freaking Pidgeotto is a pain to train with only Quick Attack. Pikachu, Primeape, and Dugtrio are all awesome though.

Lv29
    Lv29
    Lv30
    Lv30
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I headed into Agatha's room at the Pokemon League HQ after I defeated Bruno and I battled against her. I used my Charizard against her first Gengar and her Haunter, then I used Raichu against Agatha's Golbat and I defeated it with Thunderbolt. I used Nidoking against Agatha's Arbok after that and I beat it, then I used Gyarados against her last Gengar and even though the battle was rough, I eventually defeated Gengar with Surf. I healed some of my Pokemon with items before moving on to Lance's room. Once there, I had to battle against him as well. I used my Raichu against Lance's Gyarados and I defeated it with Thunder attack, then I used my Vileplume against his first Dragonair. That battle lasted a while, but I eventually moved on to face Lance's Aerodactyl and Dragonite. I beat Aerodactyl with Gyarados and Dragonite with Charizard. I defeated the last Dragonair and I saved.

Just caught a chansey in the safari zone.
    SHINIES:
    LEAFGREEN TEAM:
    FIRERED TEAM:
    NEW SAPPHIRE TEAM:
    NEW EMERALD TEAM:
    EV TRAINED:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BOOBER

Well I was going to use a Slowbro as my water type because I thought you could just use a Super Rod to catch Slowpoke. Turns out you need Surf, and I am not waiting that long to get my water type so when I got to Celadon City I grabbed Eevee and evolved it into Vaporeon! I taught it Bubblebeam and Ice Beam and then I cleared out the Rocket Game Corner. I almost forgot about Fly so I got that and taught it to Pidgeotto and then headed to the gym. Vaporeon's Ice Beam and Pidgeotto's Fly destroyed those girls Grass types. After they were all defeated I challenged Erika. Tangela was beaten by 2 Ice Beams and then I swapped to Primeape to take on Weepinbell. It took two Karate Chops to beat it. I tried the same strategy on Gloom but Gloom ended up beating Primeape so Pikachu finished it off. I got the Rainbow Badge and took a break.

Lv30
    Lv32
    Lv31
    Lv32
    Lv30
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I switched over to my Blue version today in order to trade some Pokemon to Silver version. After trading some version exclusive Pokemon, I headed out to Fuchsia City and I visited the local Safari Zone. I paid the fee at the Safari Zone lobby, then I was allowed to wander around the terrain. I headed over to a pond and I fished there in hopes that I'd find a wild Dratini, but I didn't find one after five minutes so I gave up and I went to explore some other areas. I found a Kangaskhan in one area, but it fled before I could catch it. I was lucky enough to spot a Tauros in another area, but it also fled and I wasted several Safari Balls trying to get it. I left the Safari Zone with a couple of random Pokemon and I saved.

Blue version: About to face the Elite Four with my Charizard, Clefable, Mew, Pikachu and Eevee. Everyone has trained really hard for this moment and I hope we can make it though in one run. Here we go.
    Currently Soft Resetting:

Random Encountering at Castalia Garden: 655

MM: Hatched: 45 eggs

My Shinies: x2

I just beat Brock with a nidoran on yellow. About go through Mt.Moon.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

After I had defeated Lance, I healed my Pokemon with healing items and I walked into the last room at the Pokemon League. I encountered my rival there and since was now the Champion, I had to battle against him. The battle started and I used my Raichu against his Pidgeot. That match ended easily thanks to Raichu's Thunderbolt attack, which was super effective. I switched to Vileplume after that and I used it against my rival's Rhydon. I defeated Rhydon with Giga Drain, then I used my Gyarados against his Arcanine after that, and then my Charizard against his Exeggutor. I defeated it with Fire Blast, then I used Raichu against my rival's Alakazam. That battle lasted a while and when Alakazam had finally fainted, I used Raichu against Blastoise. I had to switch halfway through the battle, and Vileplume delivered the finishing blow. I defeated my rival and I got registered in the Hall of Fame.

A few weeks ago I came across an old Yellow cartridge in my local game store in the retro section. I've always wanted to play through gen 1 again, but didn't have the heart to erase my old files, so naturally I jumped on the opportunity. I've recently defeated Giovanni for my 8th gym badge; Isabella made quick work of him with Surf and Blizzard, and so am just training a bit before tackling the Elite 4. I also traded the team to Pokemon Blue (which is basically a gold mine for TMs - got to love the gen 1 cloning glitch) to spruce up their movesets a bit. Team:

Fran [53]
    Thunderbolt, Submission, Body Slam, Hyper Beam

Sid [52]
    Body Slam, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Hyper Beam

Isabella [54]
    Surf, Blizzard, Acid Armor, Double-Edge

Rocco [54]
    Earthquake, Swords Dance, Slash, Rock Slide

Chance [53]
    Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Thunderbolt, Mega Drain

Nathaniel [52]
    Sleep Powder, Mega Drain, Psychic, Double-Edge
    Last edited by Crobat_Curse; 13th July 2013 at 2:40 AM.

I awoke in my room after I beat my rival and got registered in the Hall of Fame. I walked back outside and I visited Oak's lab, then I headed out to Viridian City. I swapped Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I flew to Fuchsia City and I visited the Safari Zone. I wanted to find some rare Pokemon that I hadn't yet captured, but I wasn't lucky this time and all I found were a couple of Chansey that got away. I headed out after taking 500 steps around the Safari Zone; I would've gone back, but my heart wasn't into it. I headed over to Cerulean City instead and I wandered north and then I took a ride downstream again using Surf until I arrived at the entrance to the Unknown Dungeon. I saved before going in.

just bought someones pokemon red ,,, He had played 6 hours and was still in the first tunnel!!!! I would have lost my mind!!!!

I am about halfway through Red version and am using my Blue version to get all the version exclusives. I love making things fall into place. I'll definitely be using both versions side by side to get all the safari zone Pokemon! That'll be a trip haha

I finally made it through mt.moon. It took me forever but I did it.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

I wandered around the Unknown Dungeon and I battled against many Pokemon inside. I caught a Hypno, a Venomoth and a Parasect while I roamed the first couple of floors there, then I headed deeper into the dungeon and I encountered some rarer Pokemon like Raichu, Electrode and Chansey. I battled some more and I also caught some more Pokemon, then I arrived at the end of the cavern and I found the spot where Mewtwo was resting. I approached it and I challenged it to a battle. I successfully put it to sleep, then I started chucking Ultra Balls at it. I successfully caught it after fifteen minutes, and I headed out of the cave. I swapped Pokemon at the Cerulean City Pokemon Center and saved the game outside.

I've restarted Yellow and got it on stand by until I'm done with my other games, but I already know what my team will be:

Snorlax
    Nidoking
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Pikachu

I forgot how difficult grinding is on this game, Dratini hasn't even evolved and I'm climbing a mountain. There aren't any higher leveled Pokemon than in Cerulean Cave... Charizard does well at roasting those Parasect though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

I have restarted Yellow and I have begun my Classic Pokemon Journey!

After getting Pikachu, I ventured through the game and caught a wild Pigeotto in Viridian Forest, very nice indeed! I then managed to beat Brock by constantly lowering his accuracy and defense. I am now in Mt. Moon and my party stands as:

Lvl 20 Pikachu
    Lvl 16 Pigeotto

I went to Victory Road again to train my newly caught Mewtwo. I wandered around the cave and I battled against wild Pokemon for about 30 minutes, then I headed back outside. I flew to Celadon City since I wanted to stock up on evolutionary stones. After purchasing them there, I used them on some of my Pokemon. I evolved my Poliwhirl and Staryu into Poliwrath and Starmie using Water Stones, then I used a Leaf Stone on my Weepinbell and I evolved it into Victreebel. Finally, I used a Fire Stone on Growlithe and it evolved into Arcanine. I left Celadon City afterwards and I went south to Fuchsia City in order to visit the Safari Zone. I roamed around a while but I had no luck in catching the rare Pokemon there.

I have began playing again. I had got out of Mt. Moon and went to Cerulean. I got a Charmander and Bulbasaur but I have decided not to use Charmander since I want to do something different. I then beat Misty by KO'ing both of her Pokemon quickly with Pikachu. Afterwards, I went to Vermillion and caught a Drowzee in the adjoining route before evolving Bulbasaur, after boarding the S.S. Anne, I beat Lieutenant Surge.

Dratini finally evolved into Dragonair and is now Level 34, and I finished trading back all the Pokemon I traded over to Yellow so I'm ready to carry on trying to complete the Pokedex. I also wanted to teach Charizard Dig instead of Cut but there's no Move Deleter so I had to teach it to Alakazam, I suppose it's alright, he had three Psychic moves anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Completed my Blue Dex with the Mew trick, but it was last year and the last thing I done.

I restarted Red version after trading some of my main Pokemon to Blue version. I picked a name for my character and then after reading Oak's lecture, I awoke in my room in Pallet Town. I headed downstairs and after speaking with my mother I left the house. I wandered around a bit in Pallet Town and I encountered Professor Oak before I could go north to Route 1. He told me not to go into the tall grass without a Pokemon so I went to his lab and I got my Starter Pokemon from him. I chose Squirtle and my rival chose Bulbasaur. I used Squirtle in a battle against my rival and then I left the lab afterwards in order to pick up Oak's parcel in Viridian City. I headed north to Route 1 and I saved the game there.

I had a lot of free time and motivation to play video games so today i decided to start a new game of Blue.

I chose the name 'Kestrel'. The name i chose for my rival was 'Archer' and i chose Squirtle today.

...I also caught all the legendary birds and beat the elite four today...

I ended up beating the elite four with the following team:

Doofus, the lvl 51 Wigglytuff
    Kermit, the lvl 55 Poliwrath
    Lynyrd, the lvl 54 Fearow, and lastly
    Paprika, the lvl 52 Victreebel

A little underleveled but that's how I like it.

Also, shout outs to:
    Koopatroopa, the Wartortle
    King Koi, the 500 Poke-money Gyarados
    Hilton, the Paras
    And Moby, the Electrode

I think the nicknames are hilarious but I guess I am just childish like that.

Oh well. :]

... I wasted a perfectly good day of my life and i am not even mad.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast