Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

Still leveling up outside Viridian City.

PokéDex Seen: 8
    Own: 7
    Badges: 0
    Money: P335
    Play time: 2:08
    Pokémon:
    METAPOD lvl 8
    SQUIRTLE lvl 10
    PIDGEY lvl 9
    RATTATA lvl 9
    KAKUNA lvl 8

I think I will level up until all Pokémon are lvl 12 so I can deposit Butterfree (no need for 2 bug types).

"All right! MEW was caught!"

I left Silph Co. after getting my hands on the Master Ball. I headed down the elevator to the bottom floor and I headed out to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon there. I shopped for items afterwards at the Poke Mart, then I spoke to the Copycat at her home in the northern part of the city. I then visited the Fighting Dojo and I battled the trainers inside. I got to choose either Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan after beating them all and I chose Hitmonlee. I exited the building and after swapping Pokemon, I entered the Saffron City Gym. I warped around to different areas after stepping on the warp tiles and I battled my way around the Saffron City Gym. After beating the Gym trainers and their Psychic-types, I saved.

I completely forgot that Metapod evolves at lvl 10. What a nice surprise!
    It is really difficult to find time to play video games when you work 60 hours a week and have a fiancée. I miss being a kid!

PokéDex Seen: 9
    Own: 8
    Badges: 0
    Money: P335
    Play time: 2:28
    Pokémon:
    BUTTERFREE lvl 10
    SQUIRTLE lvl 10
    PIDGEY lvl 9
    RATTATA lvl 9
    KAKUNA lvl 8

I will probably proceed through Viridian forest tomorrow or whenever the next time I get to play is.

I finally battled against Gym Leader Sabrina and I used my Pidgeot against her Kadabra first. I defeated it with Fly and then Sabrina used her Mr. Mime which I defeated with my Graveler's Earthquake attack. I used my Ninetales against Sabrina's Venomoth and I defeated it easily with Ember, then I used my Raichu to defeat her Alakazam. After beating Gym Leader Sabrina, I received the Marsh Badge and the Psywave TM from her and I warped back to the entrance of the Gym using a warp panel. I purchased some items outside at the Poke Mart and I also healed my team before flying back to Fuchsia City. I explored the Safari Zone again and caught some more Pokemon there, then I went south toward Route 19.

Kakuna evolved into Beedrill. I deposited Butterfree and Beedrill into the PC then made my way through Viridian Forest. I am currently searching for a Pikachu near the exit of the forest.
    Pikachu CAN be found here in blue version right ?

I used Surf and I moved along the water on Route 19 and I battled some Swimmers in that area. I continued heading south and I battled some wild Tentacool as well. I headed west after beating a few more Swimmers and I soon arrived on the Seafoam Islands. I entered the first accessible cavern and I battled against wild Pokemon within the cave as I moved around. I soon arrived at some water but the currents pushed me in one direction and I ended up in random areas of the cave. I had to push some boulders through holes on the ground in order to stop the currents. I soon arrived at the bottom area of the Seafoam Islands where Articuno was, but I didn't battle it. Instead I headed out of the cavern and saved.

I grinded in Viridian Forest for a while til I found a Pikachu. He was level 3 so I spent a little time leveling him up. He's level 7 now. I just defeated the trainer in Brock's gym. I will have to train a bit more before taking on Brock.

I exited the Seafoam Islands after battling wild Pokemon and I Surfed along Route 20 while battling a few more trainers who were scattered around the sea route. I then arrived at Cinnabar Island and I visited the local Pokemon Center and I healed my team inside there. I visited the Poke Mart afterwards and I purchased items and I visited the Cinnabar Island Gym after that, but it was closed for the time being. I needed a key to enter it so I wandered over to the Pokemon Mansion. I explored the first couple of floors while battling wild Pokemon and some trainers. I opened some doors with the Mewtwo switches, then I headed down the side of the building after picking up items and I found the Secret Key item.

PokéDex Seen: 20
    Own: 12
    Badges: 1
    Money: P2821
    Play time: 4:25
    Pokémon:
    PIKACHU lvl 13
    WARTORTLE lvl 16
    PIDGEY lvl 12
    RATTATA lvl 13

I leveled up Pika enough then defeated Brock with Wartortle. I OHKO'd both his monsters. After the gym I battled trainers outside Pewter then save the game outside of Mt Moon.

After finding the Secret Key that would unlock the Cinnabar Island Gym's door, I collected a few more items and battled a couple of more trainers and then I left the Pokemon Mansion. I headed over to the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there, then I visited the Pokemon Lab. I did a few trades there and I revived some fossils as well, then I headed out and I visited the Cinnabar Island Gym. I battled against the Gym trainers there after I failed to answer the questions that were provided, then I battled against Gym Leader Blaine. I used Graveler to beat his Growlithe, Ponyta, and Arcanine, then I used my Nidoking to beat Blaine's Rapidash. I received the Volcano Badge and Fire Blast TM and then I saved.

Anyone think a remake of pokemon Yellow needs to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrisper View Post
    I would love to see any Gen1 remake on the 3DS but that is just me. Kind of off topic though! Maybe you should start a new thread for your question.

Last night I battled through Mt. Moon and I am currently at the part where you choose which fossil you want. It would be blasphemous for me to choose anything but Lord Helix. I will update when I have played more of the game. My batteries are currently charging.

I left the Cinnabar Island Gym after winning my seventh Gym badge and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I headed north to the shore and I Surfed again. I battled trainers along the way to Pallet Town and I soon arrived there. I visited my house and Professor Oak's Lab as well, then I walked across Route 1 and I arrived in Viridian City. I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center there and then I entered the Viridian City Gym, which was finally accessible since the Gym Leader had returned. I wandered around and was sent spinning by movement tiles and I battled many Gym trainers. They used a variety of different Pokemon types so I had to switch Pokemon a lot to keep the type advantage.

Played through Mt. Moon and arrived at Cerulean City. I defeated my rival going onto the bridge. I will level up considerably before fighting Misty!

PokéDex Seen: 32
    Own: 18
    Badges: 1
    Money: P4156
    Play time: 5:36
    Pokémon:
    PIKACHU lvl 14
    WARTORTLE lvl 19
    PIDGEY lvl 16
    RATTATA lvl 17
    SANDSHREW lvl 10

I decided to add Sandshrew to my party 1) because I have never used one before (to my knowledge) and 2) to defeat Lt Surge. I will have to level Sandshrew up to be more consistent with the rest of my team before Misty. Sandshrew and Pikachu are my weak points in my team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrisper View Post
    Definitely.
    This is a signature.

I finally beat all the Gym trainers at the Viridian City Gym and I challenged Gym Leader Giovanni. He sent out his Rhyhorn and I defeated it with my Blastoise's Surf attack. I then switched over to Vileplume to battle his Dugtrio. I managed to defeat it with Giga Drain attack, then I switched to Blastoise to battle against Giovanni's Nidoking. That battle ended with another Surf attack from Blastoise, then I battled Giovanni's Rhydon and Nidoqueen and beat both with Surf as well. I received the Earth Badge from Giovanni along with the TM containing the move Fissure when I defeated him at the Viridian City Gym. I then left the Viridian City Gym and healed my team at the Pokemon Center. I saved before heading out.

I did the level 100 glitch in pokemon green for a Butterfree. Trying to do a run of the Elite 4 with just her. Her moveset is Toxic, Tackle. Giga Drain and Psychic. Bruno and Agatha were easy, it's Lance and Blue that will be hard when I will have to rely on struggle.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

I left Viridian City and headed south to Pallet Town to visit Professor Oak. Afterwards, I went back to Viridian City and I went west towards the Pokemon League gate there. I encountered my rival along the way however and he challenged me to a battle once more. I had a tough time against him since my Pokemon were a bit under-leveled. I finally managed to beat my rival and I headed back to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City to heal my team. I got back to the gate and after having some of my badges checked, I proceeded towards Victory Road. I had to move boulders around so that new passageways would open, so I headed for a boulder and I pushed it with Strength and I battled several Pokemon.

PokéDex Seen: 42
    Own: 21
    Badges: 2
    Money: P11780
    Play time: 7:30
    Pokémon:
    PIKACHU lvl 20
    WARTORTLE lvl 21
    PIDGEOTTO lvl 19
    RATICATE lvl 20
    SANDSHREW lvl 15

I beat Misty, Nugget Bridge, and went to Bill's house and got the S.S. Ticket. I am going to probably deposit Sandshrew as I don't plan on using him much. I also caught a Bellsprout today.

I encountered more wild Pokemon while I was pushing a boulder towards a switch with Strength inside Victory Road's cavern. I had to battle my way around the first floor of Victory Road and once I unlocked the next passageway, I had to battle the first trainer that I encountered. It was an easy battle and my Pokemon managed to come through for me since they were leveled up properly due to all the training I was doing. I made it around to the other side of the cavern, but I encountered several more trainers there. I continued battling for extra experience and I also had to solve the puzzle there inside Victory Road. I found Moltres's lair while I was exploring the different chambers in the cave and I saved there.

I've just been training up my Wartortle. I am gonna attempt to finish the game just using him. Should be done with the E4 tomorrow night. Here goes nothing!

At Victory Road, I decided to capture the wild Moltres that I found while I was there. I battled it and I managed to weaken it little by little. I was able to get its HP down eventually and I started throwing Ultra Balls at it. I successfully captured it in the 20th or so Ultra Ball, then I headed off to find the exit of Victory Road. I stopped to battle a few more trainers that I encountered and then I set off towards the final part of the cavern. I located the exit after battling some wild Pokemon and I arrived at the Pokemon League HQ. I healed my injured Pokemon and I stocked up on Full Restores and Ultra Balls while I was there. I then flew to Fuchsia City to do some Pokemon catching. I saved at the Safari Zone entrance/lobby.

I am way too tired today to defeat the E4. I just made to back to Celadon City after getting the PokéFlute from Mr. Fuji. I will be finishing this game on Monday hopefully.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Wartortle evolved into Blastoise and is now lvl 37!
    Last edited by spaulcam; 29th March 2014 at 10:04 AM.

After going on a catching spree at the Safari Zone, I flew back to the Pokemon League HQ. I purchased some items and then I walked into Lorelei's room and spoke to her and then battled. I sent out my trusty Raichu and she used her Dewgong. I won that battle with Thunderbolt and then I also defeated Lorelei's Cloyster and Slowbro with Raichu's Thunderbolt as well. I had to battle a Jynx after that and I used my recently trained Ninetales against it. I was able to defeat Lorelei's Jynx with Fire Blast and then I had to go up against her Lapras. I tried to use my Raichu again and Thunderbolt did a lot of damage, but in the end it was my Machamp who managed to beat Lorelei's Lapras and I saved after that battle.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast