Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

I visited various areas around Vermilion City like the Poke Mart and the Pokemon Fan Club as well as some houses around the city. I headed to the harbor after exploring the whole city and I spoke to a sailor who checked off my ticket. I was then able to board the S.S. Anne at the harbor there and I headed to the kitchens first. I found some items in the trash cans there, then I headed to the deck of the ship and then the cabins in order to battle against the trainers on board the ship. I headed down to where the other Sailors were and I battled them as well. I headed deeper into the ship and I battled my rival who showed up before I arrived at the captain's room. I beat him and then I saved inside the captain's room.

I have been playing my Red version again over the past couple of days. I decided that I was finally going to raise one of my Pokemon to level 100 since Gen I is the only generation where I've never had a lv. 100. ;_;

Anyway, I've chosen to do this on Red since I have the Jynx from the ingame trade on my main team, so it gets boosted experience. When I started playing again, it was level 61. The first thing I did was do another run of the Elite Four, which allowed Jynx to grow several levels, though I don't remember how many. Yesterday, I went over to Cerulean Cave and spent quite a while training against the wild Pokemon there. I managed to get Jynx to level 74 and will hopefully continue training it soon.

So after finally getting the Thunder Badge from Gym Leader Lt. Surge at the Vermilion City Gym and healing my Pokemon, I wandered north once more towards Route 6 and I traveled under Saffron City through the tunnel and I headed back to Cerulean City through that shortcut. I visited the Poke Mart in Cerulean to purchase some items, then I walked to a house that had been robbed by Team Rocket and I went through a gap in the wall and battled a Team Rocket grunt out back. After getting rid of him and getting the Dig TM, I headed east to Route 9 and I wandered through the valley there. I battled some trainers as I moved towards the entrance to Rock Tunnel, which I had to take in order to reach Lavender Town.

Today, I continued training in Cerulean Cave for quite a while. I had Jynx fight a ton of wild Pokemon there until it reached level 78. Once that was accomplished, I returned to Indigo Plateau to train against the Elite Four. I ended up doing two more E4 runs which went pretty well and allowed me to earn some more money, which was good since I was poor before. Jynx was level 84 after the second E4 victory. I then returned to Cerulean and did some more training in the cave, until Jynx grew one more level. So it's level 85 now, which I believe is the highest level I've ever gotten a Gen I Pokemon to.

So I caught a wild Voltorb and Spearow in the tall grass at Route 10, then I went to heal my Pokemon at the nearby PC. After healing my team, I went back outside and trained my Pokemon in the tall grass again by the river that led towards the Power Plant, then I went back to the Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon and I entered Rock Tunnel next. I used Flash since it was completely dark inside and I moved around the first floor and I battled several wild Pokemon. As I moved around the next couple of floors, I battled some trainers and I also caught a wild Machop and Onix for my collection. I battled all the trainers inside Rock Tunnel and then I exited the cave and battled a few more trainers north of Lavender Town.

Loaded up Red today to run through the Elite 4 and look around, my team is currently:

Charizard
    Pikachu
    Mew
    Lapras
    Mewtwo
    Aerodactyl

After I defeated Blue, my Pikachu reached level 100, my first lvl 100 on Red
    "...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ......"

My team:
    Currently looking for a 6IV Pichu in a standard Pokeball with the egg move Volt Tackle, PM me and I'll provide what I can

My gf accidentally restarted my Blue after she defeated the Elite 4 n the rival I named Dick when I was 9 with Mewtwo, Blastoise, Charizard, Rydon, Vileplume, Raichu, and Snorlax. It's a good thing Gens I and II can't trade to 3, or else I would consider this a total resource loss!
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

So I ran towards Lavender Town after roaming through Rock Tunnel and I healed my darlings at the Pokemon Center. I went over to the Poke Mart afterwards to purchase various items. I visited some other houses in town as well and then I went to the Pokemon Tower, but I couldn't do much there since I couldn't identify the ghosts that haunted the building. I went back out to Lavender Town and I walked west to Route 8. I battled some trainers in that area as I moved towards the Saffron City gatehouse. I also battled several wild Pokemon in the tall grass in the middle section of the route and then I went in the Underground Path and traveled underneath Saffron City via the tunnel there and saved at Route 7.

Continued working on training Jynx today. I did more grinding in Cerulean Cave and spent most of my time there today. It's really been the best training place for me, since unlike the Elite Four I can go back to the Pokemon Center to replenish my PP at any time (and my Jynx doesn't have that much PP unfortunately). Anyway, I defeated a bunch of wild Pokemon until Jynx was level 91 or so. I then left to beat the Elite Four again for a change of scenery and because I wanted more money. My Jynx reached level 93 iirc after that. I may be able to finish training it tomorrow, but that depends if I'm up to it.

After leaving the Underground Path and arriving at Route 7, I battled several wild Pokemon in the tall grass there and then I wandered east until I finally arrived in Celadon City. I healed my darlings at the Celadon Pokemon Center afterwards and then I went back out and walked around the metropolis. I visited the Game Corner, but I needed a Coin Case first before I could play the slot machines. I rode my Bicycle south towards a restaurant next and spoke to a man inside and got the Coin Case from him, then I headed back to the Game Corner. After purchasing some coins and playing, I headed to the Department Store and shopped till I dropped. I purchased some Water Stones, then I headed to the Celadon Gym.

Didn't have time to finish with Jynx yesterday, but I got around to it today. I defeated the Elite Four once again for some experience, but only managed to get Jynx to grow one or two levels. After watching the credits, I returned to Cerulean Cave, where I did the remainder of my training today. My Jynx eventually grew to level 99 from defeating a ton of wild Pokemon, and then I used a Rare Candy I had in my bag to get it to 100.

So, I now have my first RBY level 100 Pokemon and can now say that I've owned at least one lv. 100 in every generation. Glad I finally accomplished this, it's something I've been meaning to do for a while.

So I cut down a skinny tree in front of the Celadon City Gym and I entered the building. Once inside the Gym, I battled several Gym trainers and I defeated their Grass-type Pokemon quite easily. I headed back out to heal my Pokemon afterwards and then I returned to the Celadon Gym in order to challenge Gym Leader Erika. I battled Erika and I used Pidgeotto against her Victreebel and Vileplume, then I used my Charmeleon against Tangela and defeated it with Ember. I obtained the Rainbow Badge and a TM from her and then I headed back out. I visited the Celadon Department Store again next and I shopped there. I then headed to the roof of the Celadon Mansion and I obtained the gift Eevee and then saved.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728