Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: R/B/Y Recent happenings thread

I have been playing my Red version again over the past couple of days. I decided that I was finally going to raise one of my Pokemon to level 100 since Gen I is the only generation where I've never had a lv. 100. ;_;

Anyway, I've chosen to do this on Red since I have the Jynx from the ingame trade on my main team, so it gets boosted experience. When I started playing again, it was level 61. The first thing I did was do another run of the Elite Four, which allowed Jynx to grow several levels, though I don't remember how many. Yesterday, I went over to Cerulean Cave and spent quite a while training against the wild Pokemon there. I managed to get Jynx to level 74 and will hopefully continue training it soon.
    ~ * * ~

So after finally getting the Thunder Badge from Gym Leader Lt. Surge at the Vermilion City Gym and healing my Pokemon, I wandered north once more towards Route 6 and I traveled under Saffron City through the tunnel and I headed back to Cerulean City through that shortcut. I visited the Poke Mart in Cerulean to purchase some items, then I walked to a house that had been robbed by Team Rocket and I went through a gap in the wall and battled a Team Rocket grunt out back. After getting rid of him and getting the Dig TM, I headed east to Route 9 and I wandered through the valley there. I battled some trainers as I moved towards the entrance to Rock Tunnel, which I had to take in order to reach Lavender Town.

Today, I continued training in Cerulean Cave for quite a while. I had Jynx fight a ton of wild Pokemon there until it reached level 78. Once that was accomplished, I returned to Indigo Plateau to train against the Elite Four. I ended up doing two more E4 runs which went pretty well and allowed me to earn some more money, which was good since I was poor before. Jynx was level 84 after the second E4 victory. I then returned to Cerulean and did some more training in the cave, until Jynx grew one more level. So it's level 85 now, which I believe is the highest level I've ever gotten a Gen I Pokemon to.
    ~ * * ~

So I caught a wild Voltorb and Spearow in the tall grass at Route 10, then I went to heal my Pokemon at the nearby PC. After healing my team, I went back outside and trained my Pokemon in the tall grass again by the river that led towards the Power Plant, then I went back to the Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon and I entered Rock Tunnel next. I used Flash since it was completely dark inside and I moved around the first floor and I battled several wild Pokemon. As I moved around the next couple of floors, I battled some trainers and I also caught a wild Machop and Onix for my collection. I battled all the trainers inside Rock Tunnel and then I exited the cave and battled a few more trainers north of Lavender Town.

Loaded up Red today to run through the Elite 4 and look around, my team is currently:

Charizard
    Pikachu
    Mew
    Lapras
    Mewtwo
    Aerodactyl

After I defeated Blue, my Pikachu reached level 100, my first lvl 100 on Red

Currently looking for a 6IV Pichu or Pikachu in a standard Pokeball with the egg move Volt Tackle, PM me and I'll provide what I can

My gf accidentally restarted my Blue after she defeated the Elite 4 n the rival I named Dick when I was 9 with Mewtwo, Blastoise, Charizard, Rydon, Vileplume, Raichu, and Snorlax. It's a good thing Gens I and II can't trade to 3, or else I would consider this a total resource loss!
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

So I ran towards Lavender Town after roaming through Rock Tunnel and I healed my darlings at the Pokemon Center. I went over to the Poke Mart afterwards to purchase various items. I visited some other houses in town as well and then I went to the Pokemon Tower, but I couldn't do much there since I couldn't identify the ghosts that haunted the building. I went back out to Lavender Town and I walked west to Route 8. I battled some trainers in that area as I moved towards the Saffron City gatehouse. I also battled several wild Pokemon in the tall grass in the middle section of the route and then I went in the Underground Path and traveled underneath Saffron City via the tunnel there and saved at Route 7.

Continued working on training Jynx today. I did more grinding in Cerulean Cave and spent most of my time there today. It's really been the best training place for me, since unlike the Elite Four I can go back to the Pokemon Center to replenish my PP at any time (and my Jynx doesn't have that much PP unfortunately). Anyway, I defeated a bunch of wild Pokemon until Jynx was level 91 or so. I then left to beat the Elite Four again for a change of scenery and because I wanted more money. My Jynx reached level 93 iirc after that. I may be able to finish training it tomorrow, but that depends if I'm up to it.
    ~ * * ~

After leaving the Underground Path and arriving at Route 7, I battled several wild Pokemon in the tall grass there and then I wandered east until I finally arrived in Celadon City. I healed my darlings at the Celadon Pokemon Center afterwards and then I went back out and walked around the metropolis. I visited the Game Corner, but I needed a Coin Case first before I could play the slot machines. I rode my Bicycle south towards a restaurant next and spoke to a man inside and got the Coin Case from him, then I headed back to the Game Corner. After purchasing some coins and playing, I headed to the Department Store and shopped till I dropped. I purchased some Water Stones, then I headed to the Celadon Gym.

Didn't have time to finish with Jynx yesterday, but I got around to it today. I defeated the Elite Four once again for some experience, but only managed to get Jynx to grow one or two levels. After watching the credits, I returned to Cerulean Cave, where I did the remainder of my training today. My Jynx eventually grew to level 99 from defeating a ton of wild Pokemon, and then I used a Rare Candy I had in my bag to get it to 100.

So, I now have my first RBY level 100 Pokemon and can now say that I've owned at least one lv. 100 in every generation. Glad I finally accomplished this, it's something I've been meaning to do for a while.
    ~ * * ~

So I cut down a skinny tree in front of the Celadon City Gym and I entered the building. Once inside the Gym, I battled several Gym trainers and I defeated their Grass-type Pokemon quite easily. I headed back out to heal my Pokemon afterwards and then I returned to the Celadon Gym in order to challenge Gym Leader Erika. I battled Erika and I used Pidgeotto against her Victreebel and Vileplume, then I used my Charmeleon against Tangela and defeated it with Ember. I obtained the Rainbow Badge and a TM from her and then I headed back out. I visited the Celadon Department Store again next and I shopped there. I then headed to the roof of the Celadon Mansion and I obtained the gift Eevee and then saved.

So last night on my Yellow I finally made it to Seafoam Island. I saved once I got on land. I caught Slowpoke, Krabby, Kingler, Seel, and Dewgong. After a half hour of training and trying to find my way around I finally reached Articuno. With only 4 Pokemon in my party, one of which having 2hp I lost to Articuno. I also forgot to save before my battle with it. So now today I will have to remake that journey. Hopefully with better outcome.

I walked through the Pokemon Tower and I slayed the possessed Channelers. I then battled the ghost Marowak and I met many Team Rocket grunts at the top of the tower. I defeated them all and then I spoke to Mr. Fuji. We returned to his house and I received the Poke Flute item from him. I could now awaken the sleeping Snorlax, so I headed south towards the bridge area on Route 12 and I battled some Fisherman as I made my way to the path that connected Route 12 to Route 11. I saw one of the sleeping Snorlax there and I battled against him. I was able to weaken it and catch it in a Great Ball and I headed to Route 11 next. I explored Diglett's Cave there, then I visited Vermilion City. I saved there.

So I did it! I caught Articuno. This was no easy task since all my Pokemon were under leveled against it. My strategy was for my Pikachu to use Thunder, and hopefully hit a crit, or a paralyze. Then after use my Butterfree to use Flash to reduce its accuracy. Then have my Pidgeot use Quick Attack. Then my Venosuar to use Leech Seed and finally use my Charizard for Seismic Toss. And my Blastoise would be there to stall as I threw balls.
    Unfortunately, as great as a plan this was, it never worked out in my favor. Instead. I used Pikachu to use Thunder then I sent out Butterfree and it was knocked out. Saddened by that happening I sent out Pidgeot and used quick attack with little to no faith left to catch Articuno it was at the one HP bardo I tossed an Ultra Ball and to my surprise it worked. I couldn't believe it.
    I also afterwards headed back to Fuscia City to trade out my Pidgeot for Articuno and on my back back from Fuscia I battled a bunch of Swimmers. But they were no match for my Pikachu. Now I am stuck in Seafoam Islands. Today I plan to get out of Seafoam, goto the Pokemon Mansion, Defeat Blaine, and head back to Pallet Town.

I walked to Saffron City next, then I went to Celadon City and I arrived at Route 16. I saw a second Snorlax by the gatehouse that led into Cycling Road. I used the Poke Flute again and I woke it up and defeated it. I walked through the gatehouse and I arrived at the Cycling Road. I battled several Bikers as I rode my bike and some Cue Ball trainers as well and I caught a wild Fearow in the tall grass. I kept battling until the road ended and I arrived at another gatehouse. I got to Route 18 next and after battling some Bird Keepers, I arrived in Fuchsia City. I visited the Pokemon Center when I arrived and then the Poke Mart. I wandered around and I decided to visit the Safari Zone in order to find the Warden's teeth.

Alright.. So I did exactly what I said I was gonna do. I left Sea Foam Island. Caught a Raticate, Grimmer, and Growlith. Got the Secret Key from Cinnabar Mansion. Defeated Blaine, Headed back to Pallet Town but skipped all the swimmers on the way there. Said hi to Profesor Oak and Mom. Headed Over to Viridian City. Battled all the trainers in the gym. And defeated Giovani.
    Decided to take on the Elite Four tonight and so I battled my rival, traveled thru Victory Road and defeated tons of Cool Trainers and Black Belts. And of course I made sure to make a quick pick up with Moltres. But having only 3 Pokemon available seemed like such a hassle. But I got it within my 4th or 5th go. Next I moved on thru the Victory Road and came out the other side in one piece.
    I stocked up on 10 Revives and 20 Full Heals and boy did they come in handy. So for Lorelie I used my Venusaur, Pikachu , and Charizard surprisingly. Scored with an easy win. Then took on Bruno and for that I used Blastoise and Butterfree the psyic water combo was unstopabale I was so surprised to be hitting crits with a level 39 Butterfree on a level 55 Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Anyways I proceeded to Agitha and this was difficult for me. Her 1st Gengar really gave me a run for my money.. But I surpassed that as well. I might have Beatin her with only one Pokemon left I can't remember. So I healed up and moved onto lance which was no problem with Pikachu and Articuno . It was over before it started. Finally I defeated my rival becoming the Pokemon champ. It's crazy. I didn't think I could do it with a team of Pokemon no higher than level 52. After I beat him I recorded my hall of fame. And headed to Cerulean Cave and there I caught a ditto, gloom, and of course Mewtwo. Afterwards I made my way over to the Power Plant and snagged Zapdos and Magneton and Magnemite. After that headed to safari zone and caught a Dratini and accidentally caught a bunch of Nidoran.

So I visited the Safari Zone and I encountered many Pokemon like Rhyhorn, Doduo and Exeggcute, then I walked into the next area and I found a wild Paras. I captured a few Pokemon and I made my way around while looking for more Pokemon. I captured a Venonat and Doduo in the next area, but then my time ran out and I had to go back to the gatehouse. I paid another fee and I got to go back to the Safari Zone. This time I headed deeper into it and I found the Warden's Gold Teeth as well as the house where the Surf HM was being given out. I captured a wild Dratini that I found after fishing in one of the lakes and I headed back out to Fuchsia City. I returned the Gold Teeth and got the Strength HM.

Today I caught at least 6 Nidoran mistakenly and my friend caught 3 more and 4 magikarp in the safari zone. Ran into a pundit and kept chucking balls at him till he ran, then my friend decided to take his try at the elite four. He sweeped them. It was fun to watch since I named my rival after him. I saved in pallet town.
    Goals for tomorrow are to catch more Pokemon from Safari zone and such. And raisng Pokemon.

Next I headed to the Fuchsia City PC to heal my darlings. I headed out again next in order to train a bit and I went to Route 13, 14 and 15 next. I battled the many trainers there and I also battled against wild Pokemon. I kept training for at least 30 minutes since my Pokemon were really under-leveled right now and I was able to make good progress after all that training. I returned to Fuchsia City and I purchased items before setting out to the Gym. I arrived and I had to walk around the Gym while figuring out where the invisible walls were and while battling tons of Gym trainers. I was able to defeat all the Gym trainers and find Koga's spot in the middle of the Gym and I saved the game before challenging him there.

I've been playing green version (japanese) and literally doing a speed run. I picked Bulbasaur and caught a metapod. Due to not grinding I haven't beaten my rival yet.XP
    I kind of skipped my rival and went towards the 1st gym. I caught a metapod and challenged the first gym with Bulbasaur and Metapod. Bulbasaur didn't know vine whip at that point so I used leech seed and spammed growl over and over. I actually beat the gym somehow.lol

I have sped through the trainers and only really stepped into Mount moon. I have the bought magikarp and a zubat now also in my team and Bulbasaur and Metapod have evolved into ivysaur and Butterfree.=)

Put together by me.

Now at Silph Co. in Saffron City, I battled Team Rocket grunts. I walked through many floors and picked up items and healed my Pokemon in between Team Rocket battles. I eventually obtained a key that allowed me to unlock some of the locked doors around the building. I headed to the top floor after talking to NPCs, but then my rival showed up before I could reach Giovanni. I had to battle against him and when I defeated him, I obtained a gift Lapras from an employee. I healed my Pokemon and then I finally arrived on the 11th floor. I battled against Giovanni and I beat his Nidorino and Kangaskhan with Charizard, then his Rhyhorn with Poliwrath, and his Nidoqueen with my Pidgeot and I saved afterwards.

I was taking some old things down to my basement when I came across my old Pikachu GameBoy Color case that I haven't seen in probably close to 10 years. I decided to bring it upstairs and check it out. When I opened it I found my first ever GameBoy Color(the teal colored one), Pokemon Silver, Pokemon Crystal, and Pokemon YELLOW! I have no use for my GameBoy Color due to me having 2 GameBoy Advance SP's and a Nintendo DS Lite(which I play Fire Red and Leaf Green on due to the far superior screen), but I will not get rid of it because it is an all time classic. I put the Pokemon Yellow in my SP and it was right where I left off all those years ago. I'm currently at the Team Rocket hideout underneath the Game Center in Celadon City. I will try to put as much time in this game as I can sense it is one of my all time favorites.

Current Pokemon Yellow Team

Ivysaur Lv.34
    Bide
    Vine Whip
    Leech Seed
    Razor Leaf

Charmeleon Lv.34
    Rage
    Ember
    Slash
    Scratch

Wartortle Lv.34
    Bite
    Tail Whip
    Water Gun
    Bubblebeam

Pikachu Lv.36
    Slam
    Agility
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave

After slaying Gym Leader Sabrina in Saffron City, winning the coveted Marsh Badge, and healing my darlings, I flew back to Fuchsia City and stopped by the Safari Zone again when I arrived there. I then headed south towards Route 19 after catching wild Pokemon and I Surfed on the sea beyond. I battled Swimmers as I wandered the route and I also battled dozens of Tentacool since I lacked Repels. I made my way west toward Route 20 and the Seafoam Islands and I arrived after battling more Swimmers and Pokemon, then I entered the cave and I dashed around the ice while capturing Pokemon including a wild Dewgong for my Dex. I eventually arrived at a place with boulders and I used Strength to push them.

Decided to do a run in each Pokemon main series game, starting with Red. I am currently at Fuscia City and just got Surf. Deciding to use a strategy I have wanted to try and that is 5 main with an HM Slave. I decided to teach Nidoking Surf since it would open things a bit. I am rocking Charmeleon, Nidoking, Kadabra, Jolteon and Clefable all LV 31. Deciding on whether or not to attempt Mew.

Now at Cinnabar Island, I visited the Pokemon Mansion and I skulked around the first couple of floors and read journals about Mewtwo's origin as I did. I then fell down to another floor of the Pokemon Mansion and fought a few more trainers down there, mostly Burglars. I then located the Secret Key thing that would unlock the Cinnabar Island Gym, but I stayed at the Pokemon Mansion a while longer to train my darlings. After training for like 30 more minutes, I healed my Pokemon again at the PC before visiting the Gym. Once in said Gym, I battled Gym trainers: I could've answered the Gym's quiz questions, but my Pokemon still needed the experience so I battled the Gym trainers anyway. I then saved my game.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast