Thread: Best Time To evolve nidorina

Default Best Time To evolve nidorina

In my leaf green game I just evolved my nidoran female to a nidorina. I already have a moon stone but I don't want to evolve it right away.

Can someone please tell me the best level for me to use the moon stone on it. Its at level 17 right now.

BTW this isn't my first time playing the game I just restarted a new adventure because I got bored with the last one.

if you want it to know crunch then after level 53, if you don't care abut crunch, then evolve it after it learns bite{level 22}

thanks for the reply....so is crunch the only move it learns between level 17 and 55?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulFan1517 View Post
    thanks for the reply....so is crunch the only move it learns between level 17 and 55?
    No, between level 17 and 55 Nidorina learns:
    -Poision sting [level 18]
    -Bite [level 22]
    -Helping hand [level 26]
    -Fury swipes [level 34]
    -Flatter [level 43]
    And finally,
    -Crunch [level 53]

I suggest you level up Nidorina to level 53, then evolve it. Crunch will be very useful whenever you come across a Phychic type. Glad to help

Chosing one of my eleven swords
    is simply just like chosing
    a chess piece from a chess game.
    Just like each powerful sword has
    its own value and speciality,
    each chess piece has its own.

I think Pokénicks and Kirkeastment are both right. Teach it crunch and then evolve it

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. And, PaulFan, there is a pokedex with complete movelists right here on Serebii, ya know. You could just look at that instead of asking here. It does wonders.

:Friend Codes - X: 2981-7440-4003
    :Friend Safari - Water - Panpour/Quagsire/Frogadier
    :Shinies -

Realize that if you wait until level 53 it will not have as good stats as if you evolved it now. I would say after it learns bite.

Really? Are you serious about it not having as good stats at level 53

ITs kind of a lose lose situation when you think about it. If I evolve it now like you guys said IT WON't learn crunch.

BUT if i evolve it after level 53 it will learn crunch yes.....but it won't learn SuperPower...and the power of super power is 120 and the power of crunch is 80

So I guess I'm just going to evolve it before level 53 because super power is a VERY Strong move(so maybe around level 30 I'll evolve it)

^Yep.
    And Crunch, is Dark, so it's based on Sp Atk, while Queen's SA is only 75. (At least it has 82 Atk stat, which can be boosted by Adamant)
    An alternative>Shadow Ball. It's based on Attack, and it basically covers the same type as Dark (Ghost,Psychic) with a few differences.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulFan1517 View Post
    ITs kind of a lose lose situation when you think about it. If I evolve it now like you guys said IT WON't learn crunch.

BUT if i evolve it after level 53 it will learn crunch yes.....but it won't learn SuperPower...and the power of super power is 120 and the power of crunch is 80

So I guess I'm just going to evolve it before level 53 because super power is a VERY Strong move(so maybe around level 30 I'll evolve it)
    Don't worry about stats, there won't be any loss of stats from evolving later on, as thats not how stat gain works.

As for superpower, when your playing the game make sure you find yourself some tiny mushrooms, then when you've got nidoqueen, go to 3 island, and theres a person there called the move tutor

They know every move your pokemon{current form only} would've learned via level up.

So if you evolve nidorina at level 53{which is past the level at which nidoqueen can learn superpower}, and talk to the move tutor, then you can reteach nidoqueen superpower.

Please do not double post next time; use the edit button.

On topic: Crunch is worth it, I'd say, because both Nidorina and Nidoqueen's sp attack are lower than its attack, so there's not much loss. And like kirkeastment said, you can always teach it Crunch and then use the move tutor to relearn Super Power.

Basically, kirkeastment has a point there.
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/1629qpx.jpg[/IMG]

Okay thanks guys but I remembered nothing about the move tutor so I evolved it before you guys told me lol.

Oh well I guess it doesn't really matter. I guess I'll just use the shadow ball tm when I find it like arceus mentioned.

Shadow Ball TMs are also sold at the Game Corner in Celadon, if you ever need more.

:Friend Codes - X: 2981-7440-4003
    :Friend Safari - Water - Panpour/Quagsire/Frogadier
    :Shinies -