Thread: how to catch chansey

Default how to catch chansey

in the safari zone area 2, ive been looking for a chansey and once i saw one but it fled right away, should i feed it first and then throw balls and feed it again and so on? and also is safari zone area 2 like the second "map" in there?
    Last edited by dahlia; 18th March 2008 at 4:01 PM.

i always give it bait, then throw two rocks, in any order. than i throw the ball :/ if you run out of steps, then stand on the area where chansey appears then tap the d-pad hard enough to make you look in another direction. don't move. that way, you won't be wasting steps, and you'll eventually find a chansey (: i hope i helped...

I never bother with rocks or bait. Chances are, they'll run their first turn anyway. I just throw balls till I manage to catch one. Got one in my FR that way.

:Friend Codes - X: 2981-7440-4003
    :Friend Safari - Water - Panpour/Quagsire/Frogadier
    :Shinies -

I've seen Chansey once or twice. They are really hard to catch and they keep running away. The rareist Pokemon I've gotten is Dratini.
    Gen I:
    Gen II:
    Gen III:
    Gen IV:
    Gen V:
    Gen VI: Gredinja, Aurorus, Aegislash, Dragalge, Trevenant, Xerneas

I never have trouble getting Dratini in the Safari Zone. Just fish in that western part for a while with a Super Rod.

I managed to get Chansey, Kangaskhan, and Scyther after a while in my FR (although the Scyther took forever, and just before I caught one there, I also bought one from the game corner). Got a Kangaskhan in my LG too.

:Friend Codes - X: 2981-7440-4003
    :Friend Safari - Water - Panpour/Quagsire/Frogadier
    :Shinies -

Do not use rocks or bait.

Let me repeat that.

Do not use rocks or bait. Seriously, Chansey has such a high probability of running away, so you should just use the item that actually will help you get it: The safari ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Shee View Post

Let me repeat that.

Do not use rocks or bait. Seriously, Chansey has such a high probability of running away, so you should just use the item that actually will help you get it: The safari ball.
    Yeah they keep running when i tired to use bait. Thanks for the tip. ALso pinsir is odd I can get it angry only once before it bails.

Hey.
    Whenever I go to the Safari Zone I always see alot of Chansey's but It took me almost a week to actually catch one on my FireRed...Ugg!
    In dead disire and unwanted love and dread
    The strings on my heart are starting to tug tighter
    Moving and snapping through out my body pulling me up
    Dragging me through the disgusting dirt and the mud

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaster Rannon
    It doesn't matter how cool you think you are, you're on a Pokemon forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Misc could always use its very own sea of estrogen...
    I love how sometimes forgetting to add something, makes a sentence all the more enjoyable. ;J

I give it bait and then start throwing balls. Look in the same area where you saw it last time.

Bait, Bait, Rock, bait, bait, ball. Never fails for me.

When the area I've found the most Chansey in is the one above the initial area. If you're going through the safari zone w/out surfing, you'll enter the first area first (of course) then go right to the second area. In this new area, make your way up and to the left, to advance to the third area. This third area is the one I'm talking about. Once in this area, move to the top right of it. There's a patch of grass up there that looks like a crescent moon (like a circle with a bite out of it). That's the place I've had the most success finding Chansey (I even found one with a lucky egg).

After far as the way to catch it once it's found, I think I've been able to get them by either using a ball first or throwing one or two things of bait then throwing a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Shee View Post

Let me repeat that.

End of discussion.

hey is there any way to get a lcuky egg in here like off a trainer or something or do i just have to catch chanseys tll i get one

You're gonna have to keep capturing Chanseys. In Pearl/Diamond it's probably a lot easier since you can find wild Chanseys outside of the Safari Zone, so you could just use Theif or Covet to try to steal one.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

oh dam. well thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Meg Is Hoenn's Champ View Post
    Hey.
    Whenever I go to the Safari Zone I always see alot of Chansey's but It took me almost a week to actually catch one on my FireRed...Ugg!
    Well, at least you got to catch it.....

*cries at self pity in not being able to see Chansey*

are you looking in the right area. dont they only appear in area's 2 and three. but i could be wrong

Its just my sheer unluck, its on a Blue game BTW. I don't have FR or LG.

oh ok. yea it would be pretty hard then why dont u catch one in mewtwos cave u find them like lvl 60 there

Chanseys there? I never knew that...I only knew of evolved pokemon like magneton and funnily, wigglytuff.