Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (1) (539)

ash took riolu's attack head-on??? i know he saw that coming!! he's that type of person who likes pain!!!!! O.O
    and that doll!!! it looks like a cookie!!!! I WANT THAT RIOLU COOKIE!!!!
    Last edited by kiara911; 1st November 2008 at 3:43 PM.

The episode was better than I expected to be. A Riolu that learns aura sphere before it evolves sounds really awesome.

Hmm... I've never thought that today that the Pokemon Ranger Special would be airing... but who am I to complain?

I've never thought that Ash can read Riolu's aura, & with that said, it's a shame that it won't accompany him in his quest...

Also, these new rangers are a step above with their Battonage Stylers, which basically captures a Pokemon instantly. That is something that he needed while he was going after him, & helping him escape the clutches of Hunter J. Of course, J never stops until she gets what she wants, & she'll do whatever it takes.

For this reason, I'd like to see her fossilized underneath the ground.

That's all I've got.
    *goes back to playing Condemned*

Quote Originally Posted by kiara911 View Post
    ash took riolu's attack head-on??? i know he saw that coming!! he's that type of person who likes pain!!!!! O.O
    and that doll!!! it looks like a cookie!!!! I WANT THAT RIOLU COOKIE!!!!
    At first I thought that doll was a cookie too...

But yeah, this episode wasn't bad. Though I was hoping they would air both parts at once.
    Ash having the same aura as Riolu peeved me off, but it's too be expected. After all Ash has every single power and every spiritual connection with every Pokemon ever.

Anyway...I have gained respect for the new Pokemon Rangers. At first I thought Kellen was just a pansy but he turned out to be pretty badass.

And I'm lovin' these D/P villains. They're actually jerks!

d00med n0w

The guy that was trying to kidnap Riolu earlier must be the client that Hunter J seems to be working for. Though that's hard to tell on this episode since most of the goons were part of J's forces.

This episode was great!
    It was cool to see Hunter J and a Pokemon Ranger in the same episode. It had a lot of action!
    I can't wait for part 2!
    9/10

Default Riolu

Maybe the cutest pokemon ever.

I thought the episode was neat, but I thought there'd be more to this one, but... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverninetails View Post
    Just a bit of imagination...
    What if a Pokemon Ranger tries to capture a Pokemon with the capture styler, but the Pokemon is already another trainer's? For example, if a Ranger bumps into Ash's Pikachu in the wild and tries to capture it........
    Sorry, my imagination is getting out of whack..
    ... I'd actually like to see that happen sometime. Not necessarily with Ash, though. Just one of the what-ifs in the Pokemon world that I wish could be answered (although I didn't think about this one until you mentioned it).
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I just got back home a few hours later, so I missed it

Im gonna watch it later, and just say what I like and stuff.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode was good. Interesting to see Riolu. I found it random how Nincada just happened to be there at the right time. Croagunk’s timing was prefect as usual. It was cool to see a Floatzel. I thought it was quite extreme the measures Hunter J went through to get Riolu.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Not a bad episode, even though I hate Riolu.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I loved this episode. Man when will Hunter J stop!!!Riolu is different.I wish we could see the second part the same day we saw the first.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

What an amazing and breath-taking episode!
    After "Chim-Charred", this was the second episode in a row which was full of action, excitement, and maturity. And it even surpassed the first one! Great!

Poor Riolu! Having been kidnapped by two different villainous groups and being still chased by Hunter J, this awesome Pokemon is indeed going through awful times. Like Ash, I really feel sorry for it as well (perhaps, Ash AND I are able to sense Riolu's aura. This would be awesome!)
    And that brings me to the next aspect: This whole aura-concept sure was excellent. I love it! Moreover, the fact that it is actually Ash who is blessed with the ability to sense Riolu's and Lucario's aura is just incredible for me as an Ash-Fan. All I can say is that I'm entirely delighted by it.

But I also liked this Kellyn. He proved himself a worthy "co-hero" and I liked his performance while he was fighting against J's men!

I'm moving on to the main antagonist of today, J: wow, this woman was scarier than ever before. I don't say she frightened me, but she definitely appeared even more threatening than in her pervious two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Odd...Serebii had this airing on the 11th.

"The J is for Jerk." Never have I laughed so loud at a dub joke.
    --> WORD!!

All I know is now I want to train a Lucario.
    --> I had already known that even before this episode! ^^
    And now, let's talk about the second outstanding element besides Riolu and heroic Ash: the action!
    There were Sharpedo breaking through the bottom of our hero's boat which could as well have been taken from the four-part movie "Jaws" featuring a great white shark. Anyway,those Pokemon really gave me a fright! :scared:
    Then we had rocks threatening to fall on Ash, Dawn ,Brock and Kellyn and a huge wildfire, caused by J's wanton and almost cruel behavior.

Well, this episode sure bowled me over and I enjoyed every second of it! Great work and great entertainment!
    I'm very keen to see how Ash will cope with J and that dangerous situation he was in at the end. Show this "hussy" (direct quote from Jessie) who's the boss, Ash! ;-)

8 out of 10 points!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    J's wanton and almost cruel behavior.
    You thought that was almost cruel? Just wait till you see part two. ^__^

A title with no shtick? What dimension is this?

Hey hey that Golem's going over the Golem speed limit!

Since when do Rangers come with Aura Sphere-swatting action?

I wonder if those Pok&#233;-crackers taste stale. I bet they get you with the design and once its pants are halfway down your throat it ends up nipping you in the bud.

Did the Golbat evolve out of love? Or out of SCIENCE?

H'yuk

Thank God this boat was made of peanut brittle. Somebody coulda gotten hurt!

NO ALONA STAY AWAY FROM THIS SPECIAL YOU..!

Yeah listen don't sand or polish that wood figurine or anything. My aura can sense when splinters are coming my way.

Set to "The Russian Dance" from The Nutcracker, I could watch J fire those Hyper Beams all day.

We were all thinking about it. But only J had the guts to kill Ash.

NO FOREST? I don't care! There's still butter. Aaaaannnd meatloaf!

10/10 Been a while since I gave one of those. It was fun without getting stupid. And somebody actually when through the trouble of setting up the mood. Is this much really hard to ask for?

Man good part Keyllen's voice is pretty good they didn't mess his voice up
    But his name sounds like a girl but I'm good with it
    Good episode
    7/10

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Pretty Good episode, but I'm a little excited to see Part 2 next week.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

What was it that the Ranger said when capturing a Pokemon?

He said:

Capture on

________

Capture Complete!

What was the middle thing?

And I know he was a top ranger and all, but why didn't he really circle the Pokemon?
    I claimed Bug type Arceus

Default A bad review...

Quote Originally Posted by ZF911 View Post
    What was it that the Ranger said when capturing a Pokemon?

He said:

Capture on

________

Capture Complete!

What was the middle thing?

And I know he was a top ranger and all, but why didn't he really circle the Pokemon?
    In the middle, he says, "Batonnage! HAH! HUH!".

This episode was pretty good. It had one or two serious flaws, but in general it was above average.

I liked Riolu's backstory, because it gave us a little insight on the aftermath of the seventh movie (that was the Lucario one, right...?). That's what I took it to be, anyway. Riolu itself was kind of interesting, but not anything really new.

The ranger was different than what I was expecting. Since you have to be in Ranger School for a short time in Shadows of Almia, I figured that he would be straight out of Ranger School...but he's actually a top Ranger. I really was irritated at how they had ZERO explanation of what Batonnage was...sure, it's explained in the game, but this is not the game! The video game isn't even out yet! Don't leave us in the dark.

The best part of the episode was Hunter J. She always makes the show more interesting. She's even better than your typical villain in a more dark show, because she doesn't even say outright that she's going to kill Satoshi. She just does. Or at least tries to...anyway, is it just me, or did anyone else notice MORE Last Exile-influenced animation with her? The scene where her ship is in the cloud and the clouds are streaming off the sides is straight out of Last Exile. Then again, most people haven't even seen that show...

That's all I have to say. Since this is the first of a two-parter, and because I'm really tired, I don't have much to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post

The ranger was different than what I was expecting. Since you have to be in Ranger School for a short time in Shadows of Almia, I figured that he would be straight out of Ranger School...but he's actually a top Ranger. I really was irritated at how they had ZERO explanation of what Batonnage was...sure, it's explained in the game, but this is not the game! The video game isn't even out yet! Don't leave us in the dark.
    That bothered me too... I was pretty clueless about the whole Batonnage thing seeing that I've been too busy to read up on the new game...
    I'm actually glad the Ranger was not a total newb. It made him seem cooler. I mean, c'mon, anyone who can deflect an Aura Sphere is cool in my books. Hah.

d00med n0w

These 2 episodes might be better than the last Pkmn Ranger episodes.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Considering they have J and not some random "I'm lonely and scarred" Deoxys, they are better.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This was a great episode. I keep re-watching it. I'm glad they didn't give it a corny dub title.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

I liked this episode, can't wait for Part 2.
    Riolu continues to be cute and awesome, seeing J is always a treat, and I liked the voice they gave the ranger (who I thought for sure would be a newbie).
    Also: Was the music when Riolu was "escaping" at the beginning from Movie 5? It's been a while, but it sounded similar to the Annie & Oakley's theme, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    I wonder if those Poké-crackers taste stale. I bet they get you with the design and once its pants are halfway down your throat it ends up nipping you in the bud.
    It was a wooden figurine, dammit.

This episode was pretty good. It had one or two serious flaws, but in general it was above average.

I liked Riolu's backstory, because it gave us a little insight on the aftermath of the seventh movie (that was the Lucario one, right...?). That's what I took it to be, anyway. Riolu itself was kind of interesting, but not anything really new.
    Eighth movie... Seventh was Deoxys.

Nice way to advertise ain't it? We have to buy the game if we want to know how this works. Not like I care. I was so engrossed with the whole scene it didn't really matter.

The best part of the episode was Hunter J. She always makes the show more interesting. She's even better than your typical villain in a more dark show, because she doesn't even say outright that she's going to kill Satoshi. She just does. Or at least tries to...anyway, is it just me, or did anyone else notice MORE Last Exile-influenced animation with her? The scene where her ship is in the cloud and the clouds are streaming off the sides is straight out of Last Exile. Then again, most people haven't even seen that show...

That's all I have to say. Since this is the first of a two-parter, and because I'm really tired, I don't have much to say.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    I liked this episode, can't wait for Part 2.
    Riolu continues to be cute and awesome, seeing J is always a treat, and I liked the voice they gave the ranger (who I thought for sure would be a newbie).
    Also: Was the music when Riolu was "escaping" at the beginning from Movie 5? It's been a while, but it sounded similar to the Annie & Oakley's theme, I think.
    It was. Both this episode and "Chim-Charred" featured a whole wad of Movie 5 music. Which I find very neat. I could hear the chase scene (or, it could be called the "Altomare theme" (the one which almost exclusively had an accordion to give it the whole Italian theme to it)), the "Latis to the rescue" theme, the above mentioned, and another one... I think. And of course the LatMoM medieval theme. Wow, this episode really had a much bigger scale than most.

*looks around* Am I clear? All right... *takes a deep breath* Here I go!

Probably one of the best episodes I've seen in a while, which was only supplemented with the use of the previous episode. I have to say, that as far as character intellect, it seems the writers are in fact making them a lot less clueless these days. It makes it much easier to watch when you know the characters actually know what the hell is going on, as opposed to being slightly oblivious (thankfully, we have other characters to "fill them in on the details".), but otherwise it works only when needed.

And let me say that I thought this episode was well done.

First of all, a bunch of disguised guys stealing Riolu and then having Riolu realize it had been punked, thereby Aura-Sphere-ing the back of the truck to escape. Well, you were dealing with an "enhanced aura pokemon", what did you expect to occur?

Next off, well for the first time, the Pokedex apparently fails to mention Riolu being the pre-evo of Lucario. Oh well, thanks Brock...

When Kellen first appeared, I was thinking he'd have a kid like voice, as you'd expect from his appearance. No, he sounded as if he was at least 16, which threw me off a bit. Oh, and it's pronounced "bat-tin-age", not "baton-age" as I initially thought.

Apparently, Hunter J's thug's Crobat are able to easily dodge a Thunderbolt, yet have problems against string shot... okay... and it seems that those, "armored transport vehicles" (oh... ATVs, didn't really catch on to that), are strong enough to withstand just about anything. I wonder if they're even stupidity proof. Jessie, James, Meowth, you must steal one of those.

J is developing one heck of a grudge against Ash, she really goes all out this time. Though, that one thug apparently is developing alzheimers; he didn't seem to recognize him all that much.

Is it just me, or does Solana sound... different than the last time we heard her. Hmm, me thinks it's time to re-watch that Pokemon Ranger Special just to be sure.

Since when does Hunter J have Sharpedo working for her? I mean, it seems awfully random for her goons to randomly send Sharpedo, then again, I guess they'd be useful if she were dealing with a water based location. Oh well, she's well equipped.

Apparently, that "cookie" is actually a wood carving made by the guy who originally raised Riolu. And apparently, quite the amount of evil doers are out to get it. All because it unnaturally knows Aura Sphere. WTH... Hunter J certainly is an odd job thief.

I knew beforehand that Hunter J set the area a blaze, I didn't know she was going to do it personally. Talk about "smoking" him out.

Funny, Riolu was sending Ash aura thoughts. Good lord, they are copying the force. Though, until they make Riolu/Lucario move stuff with aura, then I'll keep this thought to a minimum.

All in all, can't wait to see part 2 of this thing. I'll probably buy the game as well. If only for the Aura Sphere knowing Riolu (which I'll promptly evolve to Lucario anyways, hehehe).

And I'm still going to pronounce it "baton-age", no matter what the show says.

Also, best use of movie 5 music.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast