Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (2) (540)

Default Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (2) (540)

Pokémon Ranger! The Wave-Guiding Riolu! Part Two

Hunter J has managed to take the Riolu. With the Ranger Hajime and their old Ranger friend Solana joining them, Ash & Co. go to hunt down Hunter J and get Riolu back. However, J is far more formidable than anyone could have anticipated and Ash is stuck at the mercy of her Drapion. Will Ash manage to save Riolu and himself?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Can I just put a reminder that this thread is for discussion of the second episode only. Although aired together, please keep discussion of the first part to the first thread

Drapion just wanted a cuddle from Ash, and so initiated a vicegrip when he didn't get one. Poor scorpion.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Well here are some pics which i posted on the speculation thread with some new ones,

I REALLY enjoyed all the battle tactics seen in this special. It was awesome seeing everyone come together to battle the rock/ground types at the end, and I admit to loling when tiny Bunneary and Pachirisu were getting blown away. Ash using Chimchar's dig to avoid being pretty much burned alive was surprising too. And even J's grunts used cool combos like Aqua Jet with their Sharpedos earlier. I wish all battle-centric episodes were this good.

I think it's kinda amusing that Ash actually used his aura in the anime(to find Riolu) but after it was mentioned a while back I figured it would happen.

Poor Aggron you've become a whipping child, seems Pikachu's still got it since it ko'ed that thing in one blow...

I really hope someday Ash's pokemon beat Drapion, seriously that thing is beginning to annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Pokémon Ranger! The Wave-Guiding Riolu! Part Two

Hunter J has managed to take the Riolu. With the Ranger Hajime and their old Ranger friend Solana joining them, Ash & Co. go to hunt down Hunter J and get Riolu back. However, J is far more formidable than anyone could have anticipated and Ash is stuck at the mercy of her Drapion. Will Ash manage to save Riolu and himself?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    hunter j got the riolu!!!?!?!!!?!!

-J's brutal streak gets even better as she tries to ice Ash multiple times. Well...the first time was more of a 'KILL HIM WITH FIRE' scenario, involving explosions and burninating, so the term 'ice' is unfortunately inappropriate there. But then she goes and has Drapion try and crush him to death, and when that fails, sends him on a one way trip to the surface, no parachutes included.

I dare you doubters to say she's a crappy character now.

- Ash kicking Drapion in the freaking eyeball was most awesome, as was the following 'DRAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH!' cry of pain form the accordion scorpion.

- Muku.BELCH. I hope I'm not the only one who thought that Mukuhawk sounded like it was half burping it's name when it suddenly appeared to save Ash's life.

-As stereotype shonen as it may be, I like it a lot when Ash gets uber emotional like that. After feeling he'd failed Riolu, that was some powerful stuff, however brief it may have been. Even J, miles away by this point, was able to feel the shockwaves of that sorrow. For a second there, it seemed like she may have been a little remorseful.

-POCHA! BUY MY PRODUCTS AND TOYS!

-Muku.BIRD attacks J's client, who comes across a a n00b Riolu obsessive. That's right Muku, show 'em what kind of Pokémon Ash REALLY deserves! Bird-like ones, with fetching hair!

-I love how J and the gang just calmly piss off and leave their clients to deal with the brainwashing ranger scourge by themselves. Screw the client, I've got my payment.

-Another of Muku.BIRD's many talents is revealed, as he bursts large truck tyres just by touching them.

- That was some seriously awesome melee battle between the Riolu n00bs and the twerps own pokémon, with Croagunk coming out of the exploding flames and smashing Rhyhorn's face into the ground being the core highlight.

-Trapinch. Appearing from absolutely nowhere, for the good of man-kind. It seems Pokémon Rangers are not only into ancient fads that nobody actually cares about anymore, such as Beyblade, but they also dabble in witchcraft, magically making pokémon appear at their whim.

All in all, this was a huge improvement over the last ranger special. Not at all a chore to watch, and while I'm still not sold on the whole concept of pokémon rangers, this was a much better demonstration of their potential than either of the previous outings.
    Neither Ranger are really all that interesting as characters, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well here are some pics which i posted on the speculation thread with some new ones,

Aah, Riolu got a cookie.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Meh...I wanted to say so much, but Gravy said it all plus his strange Muku-comments...

I liked Oak in the Ranger uniform. One sexy,wet old-dude.
    My work here is done...*shudders*

Oh and,...a wonderful special. Very well done.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Best episode ever, seriously. Animation, battles...But my poor Ash nearly getting killed three times in the episode.

Hunter J is capable of causing massive destruction to get what she wants, using her pokemon to violently kill kids under her command... f*ck yes, you are the best Pokemon villain ever!

I was disappointed when Hunter J left after sealing the deal. I expect DP to last for a long time, and Hunter J will appear every now and then seeing as to how Ash is completely helpless against her currently. I was hoping Riolu would jump onto Ash's arms and want to travel with him. I guess it didn't happen :'(

Watch as I magically attempt to present something new to the table in this thread while I paraphrase everything that everyone else has said!

J's ship has trap floors now? Reminds me a lot of Mr. Burns' office. All it needs is a ceiling tube and ten high-priced lawyers. Muku.BIRD needs to get a job as a city cop who slashes tires after cars are parked past the time on the parking meters.

Can someone tell me what the hell was the point of including Hinata in this special? I mean, recurring characters are nice and all, but only if they actually, y'know, do something. And no, using a Trapinch for 2 seconds doesn't warrant her doing something.

Also, was anything significant said about the notice that was handed to J at the end?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I watched the episode. I'm not impressed. >> I really hate the way they showcased Solana.
    Last edited by Vavavoom; 20th March 2008 at 11:06 PM.

THE END.

Am I the only one who felt sorry for the poor Fearow getting demolished by the Dodrio?

i think solana had a bit of a role, shes the reason jenny was able to catch the clints grunts. also..why did golem and rhyhorn do most of the battling when they had a massive tyranitar?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    i think solana had a bit of a role, shes the reason jenny was able to catch the clints grunts. also..why did golem and rhyhorn do most of the battling when they had a massive tyranitar?
    Favoritism, maybe.

Heh, the Blastoise in this episode sure were buff. AND they summoned rain which was pretty cool.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Am I the only one who noticed the one-headed Doduo..?

Overall a good ep, animation was a bit sketchy at places.. but other than that, beats the last Ranger special by a mile.

However I'd prefer something OTHER than a legendary/"Lucario" for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

Twas a good episode. Muku.BIRD finally got the upgrade it deserves - no longer is it a lowly, unimportant balloon popper, but it can now be revered as the almighty tire-slasher. They're really pimping Satoshi's connection to Hadou lately though. Makes me curious as to what the writers have planned.

OMG guys, like, Hinata is like soooo hawt, I can't wait to see her in this special!

Oh wait, they've made her outfit a lot less revealing, nm, dun care 'bout her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyShoe View Post
    They're really pimping Satoshi's connection to Hadou lately though. Makes me curious as to what the writers have planned.
    I think they just wanted to make references to the 8th movie since it was really popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    Well i to noticed it when i first saw the pic of it.

As for the episode, it was a lot better than the previous ranger connected episode & also one of the best episode shown till now in DP.

But one thing is bothering me. Don't know why but i have a feeling that Hunter J also has Aura capabilities similar to Ash's. I felt this first when Ash was thrown out of her airship, Ash shouted after her & they next showed J looking at Riolu in a different way. I think like how Ash was able to see Riolu's memories & feel it emotion, J also somehow senced it too. And also when Ash followed Riolu & reached the place where J was giving her client the Riolu, i saw that she didn't even had a suprised expression of how they reached that location. To me it looked like she knew that Ash & co. were coming (though i don't know what she said when she saw Ash at that time).

This thing i say also because though Hunter J has faced Ash & co. for the 3rd time in the DP series, i felt that she had somehow started to hate Ash from the very first moment she saw him in DP020, it looked like she sences something in Ash which she didn't like. Also in this episode she choose to go after Ash by herself rather than let her agents go after him. Also i think she knew that Ash had entered her airship & had let him come all the way to were she was. She could easily have stoped Ash before he got a chance to get to her if she wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimori7 View Post
    I think they just wanted to make references to the 8th movie since it was really popular.
    Well i don't think thats the case at all. Just because movie 8 was famous doesn't mean that they had to use the Aura concept in the anime too. Many pokemon movie had been popular before the 8th movie was released but only the 2nd movie was used as a reference in the anime.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 21st March 2008 at 12:30 PM.

It was an awesome double episode, there should be more like it, the aura connection could be a sign of things to come, great to see hunter J again ruthless as usual.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Aah, Riolu got a cookie.
    cookie? thats a little wooden carving...

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    lmfao...also, it looks like Dawns wearing no clothes...just boots and a hat...

Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 21st March 2008 at 1:30 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast