Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (2) (540)

Lol did anyone notice what seemed like a play on Final Fantasy III (DS) where they're riding on Dodrio instead of chocobos and the music sounded almost the same. (I believe in the game it was in the mini-movie at the beginning of the game) They seem to be focusing on ash's aura in this episode as well. I wonder what it means?!?
    From 1973 to 2008 about 50,000,000 innocent children have died from ABORTION. Call your Senators and Representatives and tell them vote NO on FOCA!

Is it just me over-analyzing again, or is Hunter J a bit of a sociopath?

On a more technical note, a few times both the art and the animation seemed a bit off. Early on there was a shot of Brock that looked like a first draft by a newbie, and more than once the landscape didn't flow by as smoothly as usual.

It was an interesting episode, though, and I hope this plot point won't go the way of the GS ball. On the other hand, I hope they don't pull a Ranma or a DBZ on the Aura, either; it's fine as an occasional plot point, but letting it become a major part of the show (like the chi-blasts in Ranma and the Kamehameha in DBZ) would be a major mistake. It would be nice to see a show where a major character developed paranormal abilities and didn't become an angst-bunny/drama-llama or get seduced by the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by katfairy View Post
    Is it just me over-analyzing again, or is Hunter J a bit of a sociopath?
    I noticed it too.
    When she zapped Riolu, all she had to do was pick it up and fly away.
    Instead, she orders a hyper beam directly at Ash, oh but that isn't enough.
    She than tries to burn him, and her Drapion looked like it was trying to squeeze
    the life out of him. Than she throws him off her ship from so high up.
    Hunter J is out for blood!!!
    (There must be something wrong with me, I find myself getting turned on by this psycho)

Hey, whatever happened to that other evil group?
    The scientist guys with the Drowzee, I wonder if we'll see them again, why did they want Riolu?
    Last edited by Kenpachi; 10th November 2008 at 3:00 AM.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    Hey, did anyone else pick up on this? When Ash first sensed Riolu's aura, J gave Riolu a strange look. Might it be possible she sensed something, or was it just coincidence?
    Take this with a grain of salt, it was probably done for dramatic effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi
    (There must be something wrong with me, I find myself getting turned on by this psycho)
    It's the psychos who are the attractive ones.

Ugh, I hope I didn't steal that from Batman & Robin.

You've got to admit, J is hot. Still, I found it amazing, that Riolu could tell Ash where he is using its Aura, even when it was frozen. It was a really sweet episode.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

I guess Hunter J is ruthless to both humans and pokemon alike, after what she almost did to Ash.

Still, the episode was really good especially with the battles and the music

After having finally bothered to watch this (what is it with me lately watching episodes late?), I gotta say I rather enjoyed it. There were some things that kind of irked me, but only in a comedic way. Hard to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    I guess Hunter J is ruthless to both humans and pokemon alike, after what she almost did to Ash.
    After everything he's foiled from her, I don't really blame her.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    The music seemed like a collection of all-star tracks from the movies prior to Sinnoh. Movie 5, 8, and 9 were all represented in this special.
    Mostly from movie 8 and 9 though.

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    I'm just dis appointed that I'ave been pronouncing its name wrong the whole time.
    How were you pronouncing him to begin with?

A few things I noticed: Apparently, Dawn has a blonde moment; sending Pachirisu against a group of Pokemon that almost all have ground type as a second type. Oy, thank goodness Pachirisu didn't attack. I would have mocked her then.

You know, that one scene where Ash is being crushed by Drapion? I knew it was big, but this thing was huge! I did find it funny that Ash kicks it in the eye, then falls into a conveniently placed trap door; one that disappears after activating. Neat.

It was weird that the animators used CG to animate J's ship. Sure, it's something very imposing, but I'm not sure if CG was best use. Oh wel.

Blastoise using Rain Dance, as that's it's field move in Ranger.

Team Rocket's balloon is surprisingly combustible; it lightly hits J's ship and explodes.

Apparently, J leaves only when she's paid. Doesn't matter if her client is in trouble, it don't concern her.

Riolu canceling Hyper Beam: not surprising, if Lucario could push it back, then Riolu's Aura Sphere should be just enough to do something similar.

Eh, that about does it.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I don't have much to say about part two, but I did enjoy the two-parter. It was nice seeing Solana again, but at least they didn't have her using that capture styler and just limited it to the guy with the faster one. Like I said in my review for part one, the full capture animation got repetitive and annoying.

Let's hope for more appearances by J in the future.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Actually, when Kellyn was saying Batonnage, I don't think he REALLY said it. After I've played the game, Kellyn might've said instead, "Vatonage". That's what it is in the games, I believe.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Meh, he just said it really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    A few things I noticed: Apparently, Dawn has a blonde moment; sending Pachirisu against a group of Pokemon that almost all have ground type as a second type. Oy, thank goodness Pachirisu didn't attack. I would have mocked her then.
    What do they call it in this show? Aim 4 da horn?
    You know, that one scene where Ash is being crushed by Drapion? I knew it was big, but this thing was huge! I did find it funny that Ash kicks it in the eye, then falls into a conveniently placed trap door; one that disappears after activating. Neat.
    Proportions are always interesting to look at. The most absurd one I've seen recently I believe was that colossal Zangoose VS Chimchar from the tournament.
    It was weird that the animators used CG to animate J's ship. Sure, it's something very imposing, but I'm not sure if CG was best use. Oh wel.
    It's like those Combees. They just like showing off to the kids. It works as a great attention getter in animation.
    Blastoise using Rain Dance, as that's it's field move in Ranger.
    It looks like Blastoise's Hydro Cannon quite a lot, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan
    Actually, when Kellyn was saying Batonnage, I don't think he REALLY said it. After I've played the game, Kellyn might've said instead, "Vatonage". That's what it is in the games, I believe.
    The pokemon.com summary used the word Vatonage. It sounds like a mobile phone network.

Even if it was still unknown, it wouldn't really matter. Both have been used.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

The pokemon.com summary used the word Vatonage. It sounds like a mobile phone network.
    Yeah it does. I'd like to have that as my net.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    Haha, Vonage.

Although, the way he said it made it sound french... which I would normally be agreeing with, if not for the fact that it'd be more pronounced like "batton". Although, I don't remember if Batonage had one or two "t"'s in it.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

"Vatonage"? What does that even mean, I ask you?

In Ranger 2 atleast, it's some term that means "to release a heart from Darkness" or something.

What do they call it in this show? Aim 4 da horn?
    Never really got why people got so on that, especially as 1) It worked 2) In a series not limited by things such as game balance, it really isn't that cheap.

Well, I know Batonnage in Japan means "Catch", I believe. So I believe you Korobooshi Kojiro for Vantonage.

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I loved it when Staravia burst open those tyres. I also hated Hunter J even more after this episode.

I agree Hunter J just makes me angry. I can't wait until she gets what's coming to her.

I hope Hunter J finally gets stopped by Ash, but who knows when that episodes gonna arrive. hopefully before The Dialga and Palkia anime appearences.

edit: Rank Up! Wow, Im already entering the new region...Hoenn. Time to become an Advanced Trainer...

Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I hope Hunter J finally gets stopped by Ash, but who knows when that episodes gonna arrive. hopefully before The Dialga and Palkia anime appearences.
    Apparently due to the latest Galaxy episodes, the Galaxy admins will actually probably call J for some capturing of the lake trio. Probably at the summit of Mt. Tengan Ash and J will settle this once and for all.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Let me see: having Salamence use Hyper Beam and then Flamethrower on Ash directly, ordering Drapion to grab him, then ejecting him and Pikachu from her ship -- while it's in flight. I have a feeling that Pokémon Hunter J is developing a grudge against Ash for standing in her way too often. In fact, I will dare to say that J has taken a special place as one of my favorite fictional female villains... alongside the Female Changeling from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I will look forward to seeing the next confrontation with J, such that by the final showdown, she might be inclined to wage an all-out, one-woman war to destroy Ash and his friends once and for all. Fortunately, that Aura Sphere-wielding Riolu is back where it belongs, thereby denying J's client the power he's been craving for some unknown reasons. Overall, this was an excellent episode.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

What attack blasted Team Rocket off at the very end of this episode?

Please warm up my Pokemon eggs!

Nice episode, im really glad that Ash could save Riolu after all!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was nice and epic with a great story. I saw it in black and white which made it more atmospheric. The episode was enjoyable and enthusiastic.
    8/10.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast