Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (2) (540)

But seriously, I just hope that when they do air it, that they worked on it particularly hard to try and get the voices very articulate and precise. Plus, they might re-voice Riolu. That would really get me cringing a bit.

But you know, I would've thought they would've aired it on the release date of Batonage like in Japan.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

It doesn't work as well like that in the US - having the special ep for Dungeon didn't help the sales, so I doubt they do the special ep for Shadows of Almia...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

You know, while it's true that the airing of Mystery Dungeon didn't help its sales, it still sold fairly well. I have reason to believe that Ranger 2 will also sell well. But Mystery Dungeon 2 for English is comming out in the limited edition DS from Amazon. I think they'll release the Riolu special just as they had the Deoxys special.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

You're probably right - this stuff, however is not my forte....

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

You're probably right - this stuff, however is not my forte....

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

That episode was great, not only that fact Riolu was saved in the end takes to Ash feeling his aura, but there were a lot of first and second gen pokemon giving me the nostalgia feeling of playing the old games.

Okay, this definitely tops the last Pokemon Ranger special. Damn it, Hunter J tried not just once, but THREE TIMES to kill Ash in this episode (burning him alive, squeezing him with Drapion, throwing him off her ship). J is easily my favorite villian on the show now. I just hope the writers don't leave her to rot. Personally, if that happens, it would be a heck of a lot worse than the GS Ball.

That one guy didn't want to give in, did he? I loved his reaction everytime Ash and Kellyn appeared. And I love the use of aura to track Riolu throughout the episode.

The music seemed like a collection of all-star tracks from the movies prior to Sinnoh. Movie 5, 8, and 9 were all represented in this special.

Overall, this special contained probably two of the best episodes this season. Three weeks of great episodes. I really hope that this special airs again. As I've said many times before, my Internet sucks and my dad has yet to decide to upgrade, even when everyone else in the world has done so.

Now being reposted!

OH MY GOSH!! ITS THE RARE ONE-HEADED DODUO! Careful, he'll be looking for his other head!

But anyway, I like this episode and I thought Riolu was really cute. I'm just dis appointed that I'ave been pronouncing its name wrong the whole time. I hate that guy with the sunglasses and the fact that they made Fearow a bad Pokemon (again). But it was a nice episode. I just don't like how the Rangers have those devices that let them control Pokemon, even if it was necessary.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

This episode was good! Hunter J equals win for having her Drapion squeezing the life out of Ash like that. I hope this whole "Ash feeling aura" plot continues to develop further in future episodes.

I know it sounds stupid but I think Riolu, Lucario and Ash are cousins.

This was one of the best DP episodes so far.
    Hunter J almost killed Ash! First, her Drapion almost crushed him. Then she opened a trap door, throwing Ash out of her flying ship!
    10/10

I think they should have left TR out of this episode. They did absoliutely nothing except track and blast off. It's almost like they were thrown in as an afterthought.

Can we have just ONE episode where we don't see them (and the first episode doesn't count).
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

At the end when Aggron fell on the client that made me go LOL.Sereves him right!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Finally, I've managed to get online!

Anyway, the thing that surprises me the most is Riolu's aura still emanates from him even though he's petrified by J's device. Why her client wants that Riolu, I may never know...

This would be great if there was a bit more violence, but that's my FPS experiences talking to me; it'll never happen. Lastly, TR colliding with J's flying HQ = Fun!!

That's all I have.

*turns in for the night*

This episode was missing a few things that would've made it better.

*Sound Fxs
    *Music

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

its funny how ash nearly died 3 times, fire crushing & falling from a very high height
    Extremely Inactive on serebii. If you need to contact me. Contact me through secure. I am Top Gear at Secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumrha View Post
    Anyway, the thing that surprises me the most is Riolu's aura still emanates from him even though he's petrified by J's device. Why her client wants that Riolu, I may never know...
    It is clearly stated (and showed, as said client learned the hard way) that Riolu has the capability of using Aura Sphere, a move that it usually doesn't learn until it evolves to Lucario. It leads me to believe that Riolu is much more powerful than your average Riolu and, once evolved, could wield amazing powers. It is no surprise that these people wouldn't want Riolu for their own purposes.

Now being reposted!

This episode was good. Overall a pretty exciting conclusion. Must be painful for an Aggron to crush someone. I found Team Rocket’s part at the end a little funny.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I just saw the episode today! I love Hunter J. 10/10

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Only YOU can prevent wildfires!

Hunter J will now deliver the coup de grâce. If she makes this, not only will she get to comeback next week and compete for the Grand Prize of $100,000, she may also drive home a brand-spanking-new Buick!

The Blastoise are especially fat today!

Who is this mysterious TR's waterboy?

Hand over the Riolu or you'll end up rubbing Drowzee's nipples like that last guy!

oh gawd DROWZEEEEEEEE'S NIPPPPPLESSS

HEY KID DONT KICK THE DRAPIONS!
    Especially not in the eye!
    It's only got two of those!

There goes my great showdown in J's lair down the chute.

Warning: Riding the Dodrio may cause sudden infertility.

You show me money and I'll show the Riolu!
    Nah-uh you show me the Riolu and then I show you the money!

"Kellyn leave J to us" Uh..Solana...I think you're a little late!

Tyranitar, Nidoking. You guys need to learn to be better thugs. It's simple really, you go down after exclaiming "BIFF!" and remain quiet 'till the action is over.

This client might want Riolu more than Ash!

My insurance claim doesn't cover this!!

"I'd say your back's about done" Douche bag move, Kellyn.

Mission's over Solana, give Kellyn back his shorts now.

STOP IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS ROCKET. Eh, that phrase will catch on next time.

8/10 I could have thought of a better ending, and make use TR. Plenty of interesting pokemon cries, not that annoying Fearow squawk though. And Ash narrowly avoiding death is always fun. I'm surprised there were only two casualties: The client and the Fearow.

Pokemon Ranger and the kidnapped Riolu part 2... and action:

Well,frankly, I'm still racking my brains how I should judge today's episode, which at the same time also was the finals of a great two-part arc.

First of all, let's take a close look at the positive aspects:
    Of, course, this whole Aura concept sure was amazing and thrilling. I consider it one of the best ideas, or I should rather say features which have ever been introduced into the Pokemon Anime.
    Not only that this concept was just fantastic, it also gave us THE most moving and most emotional scene of this episode:
    Ash falling on his knees with anger and despair and impressivley yelling for Riolu. I don't know how you felt when witnessing Ash like this, but it went right through me. Have you ever seen something like that before? This whole idea of Aura sure is an aspect without precedent!
    Of course, not to forget Ash charging into J's headquarters without even one single sign of fear! Just two words: Extremely heroic!
    That's why I have been and why I'm definitely going to continue to be one of the world's biggest Ash-Fans (besides PokemonTrainerLisa ^^)

But what kinda shocked me was the fact that J actually and deliberately was going to "kill" Ash without the slightest qualms!
    "Kill", a word I haven't been used to yet when it comes to Pokemon. Kinda weird, isn't it?
    With a mixture of astonishment and uneasiness I remember Ash's words to Pikachu: "That could be it!" Isn't that a bit of an euphemistic way to describe that you are possibly going to ...
    (I don't want to go more in detail here)
    What I want to record is the fact that, although those just described scenes were both surprising and shocking, they also proved once again how much Pokemon has matured over the years and how extremely amazing it has become by now( but don't get me wrong, it had been awesome in the past, too! D/P just surpasses all previous episodes!)

But as those aforementioned positive aspects would be too awesome to be true, I unfortunately also have to mention something that made a negative impression on me :
    When Ash and Kellyn were chasing the boss of the villainous gang who had just grabbed Riolu, Dawn, Brock and Solana faced his subordinates. So far so good!
    What really bugged me however, was the wondrous way how Dawn and Co. managed to beat them. I mean, look at their Pokemon:
    On the one side we have literally powerful MONSTERS like Tyranitar, Golem and Nidoking and on the other side we have Piplup, Pachirsu and Growlithe which (I'm really terribly sorry for having to say that) looked kinda "ridiculous" compared to those powerhouses. One Tyranitar alone would have had to defeat them with ease!!
    But the most implausible thing was the fact that one little, harmless Trampich(!) was able to trap four(!!!)Rock(!!)-Pokemon with only one Rock Tomb attack. Dear writers, do you really take us to be that supid that we aren't capable of imagining how easily four Rock types could brake out of this "tomb" by just using Rollout or Rock Smash,for example?! And of course, the villains were soooo impressed by this attack that they surrendered immediately (please pay attention to the irony included!) I mean...they didn't look like wimps at all!
    No, no, no! This end just wasn't fair! I would have expected a much fiercer batle and a closer victory of Dawn and Brock!

Heck, this episode would have deserved another 9/10 rating but then a cheap Deus ex machina plot device had to spoil and mess it up.

You can't just object: "Oh, don't let that bother you! Just forget this little scene, because there were so many great other ones!"

Only if all subplots and aspects which a single Pokemon episode consists of, are great, the episode itself will be a marvelous work of art (as it always should be!)

Well, an undoubtely fantastic main plot but unfortunately with a bit of a bitter aftertaste due to the "unworthy" battle at the end.

Let's say
    7.5/8 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I think it's great that we'll be able to get a Rilou like this one from these 2 episodes.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

"It must be the great Team Rocket waterboy in the sky."

^One of my new favorite lines from Meowth.

Hey, did anyone else pick up on this? When Ash first sensed Riolu's aura, J gave Riolu a strange look. Might it be possible she sensed something, or was it just coincidence?

Now being reposted!

hmmm.. maybe she can sense aura. but in a twisted way. i wish riolu could have stayed. who cares about its stupid kingdom? it likes ash more
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

some notes

-Aww poor Riolu
    - Hunter J sure hates Ash
    -lol team rocket coming out from a puddle was kinda funny
    - Yay chimchar using dig saved Ash
    -no Ash its not rain its the sun*is sarcastic*
    - and here is the sun
    -Kellyn saved Ash good job ^_^
    -Haha Jessies obviously a fan of the sound of music
    -great the scary guy is here(Js client)
    - was good to see some of the older pokemon in this episode
    - Yay Ashs aura found Riolu ^_^
    - No evil scary guy Riolu belongs to Ash or maybe his kingdom but until then its Ash
    - Yay the scary guys got caught
    - lol Jessie said a loser by any name is just as sweet instead of a rose

Over all agreat episode with a great ending

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast