Page 166 of 218 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5448

Thread: Official Smash Brothers 4 Thread

What were Nintendo smoking when they came up with the idea of Captain Rainbow. I mean... C'mon... Seriously. (No offense Captain Rainbow fans)

Imagine Silph Corporation's music with drums and an electric guitar. EPIC win.

Imagine Silph Corporation's music with drums and an electric guitar. EPIC win.
    And combining that with the Team Rocket Hideout music would make it even better, no?

Quote Originally Posted by tangelax View Post
    Anime doesn't count in Smash Bros. is the general consensus around here, though I disagree.
    For some reason, yeah, it does seem to be the consensus.

We'll just ignore those glaring anime references and hide behind the sofa until they go away. I mean, accepting the truth of anime references for Pokemon in the Smash universe means we have to accept Naruto/Shinji Ikari/Keitaro Urashima/Hamtaro as possible candidates for Smash, doesn't it?
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    For some reason, yeah, it does seem to be the consensus.

We'll just ignore those glaring anime references and hide behind the sofa until they go away. I mean, accepting the truth of anime references for Pokemon in the Smash universe means we have to accept Naruto/Shinji Ikari/Keitaro Urashima/Hamtaro as possible candidates for Smash, doesn't it?
    Well, apart from they must have originated from a video game. Anyway, I don't even mind if they use anime references, especially for pokemon seeing as how it is such a big part of the series and it is one of the biggest factors for the games being successful.

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    Wow, it's a good thing for all of us that there aren't any glaring anime references, then, isn't it?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Yeah, I think that the comet observatory would be the best choice. Perhaps they could have it flying round and you can see some of the stages in the background? sort of like a cross between Isle Delfino and Lylat Cruise.

I think this is a good point, but I don't think it's worth taking out Giga Bowser unless they can think of a solid, canonical Final smash for him to have.
    Maybe the observatory could spin slowly around the power source, so you would have to move around and see the whole observatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post

How can you NOT want to fight Mario, Link, and Kirby as this guy?

He's fabulous, darlings.
    How can you not want to beat up this guy as Mario, Link, and Kirby? It's as if one of the Teletubbies and Captain Falcon combined and became some sort of... Manly Care Bear... *shudder*
    (No offense to Captain Rainbow fans.)

On a different note: Bidoof for SSB4!

B: Rollout: hold B to charge up. And rollout! It functions like Jigglypuff's Rollout, except it's stronger and slower.

<B>: Take Down: Bidoof does a jump upward and comes slamming down, hit B again to cause him to hit the ground prematurely. (Might have recoil damage)

^B: Icy Wind (from Platinum): With a burst of cold air Bidoof is shot upward. Anyone underneath him when he launches suffers damage and/or is frozen. (I am not referring to bodily functions!)

\/B: Aqua Tail: (Similar to DK's \/B) Keep hitting B to make Bidoof continually slam the ground with his tail, causing water splash up and hit anyone near.

Final Smash: Super Power: Hit B and for a short time Bidoof is invincible and, well, super powerful. Not as fast as Wario Man, but 3.7 times stronger.
    Last edited by Blade Knight; 29th October 2008 at 5:25 PM.
    White Friend Code for trades and battles: Xaltago 0562 4765 4957
    White 2 Friend Code for whatever: Xaltago N/A for the moment
    Also on Pokemon Online for battles: Xaltago
    Feel free to PM me whenever. I'll get back to you, I promise.

----

Quote Originally Posted by Mastadi
    Communications, Humorous And Tactical (C.H.A.T.) device.

is taht some kind of joke...?
    Anyone can make a roster for a pokemon, but that one is actually really good.
    Shame it was on a crap pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    is taht some kind of joke...?
    Anyone can make a roster for a pokemon, but that one is actually really good.
    Shame it was on a crap pokemon
    Almost any pokemon can have a moveset put together, it's just that they only put only icon or mascot pokemon as playable.

fine.
    People of serebii.
    LISTEN UP
    I need a mascot pokemon with a good moveset STAT.
    either...
    Munchlax or meowth, but you can do more.

Magikarp now has a viable SSB moveset?

Standard Special: Splash. Splashes up and down. Can be used in water to damage opponents slightly with the water that is splashed.
    Side Special: Tackle. Leaps forward, damaging anyone in its way.
    Up Special: Bounce. Bounces up, then falls back down, similar to Aether but slower. If it hits the ground again, it can bounce back up very quickly.
    Down Special: Flail. Flails about on the ground. The more damage that Magikarp has taken, the more damage this attack does.

Just found it cool that Magikarp now has 4 moves.

Caterpie, too!

Standard Special: Bug Bite. Bites forward, also eating items. Any food eaten in this way has its effect doubled.
    Side Special: Tackle. See Magikarp.
    Up Special: String Shot. Tether recovery, also used as a grab.
    Down Special: Snore. If Caterpie is asleep, it can use this move. Large sound waves eminate from Caterpie in a similar manner to Barbara the Bat.

Slight jokiness aside, I really liked the idea of a Galaxy stage. Possibly based off the Comet Observatory or even the Good Egg Galaxy. Maybe in a similar manner to Delfino Plaza.
    Last edited by Blazios; 29th October 2008 at 5:45 PM.

haha, very funny, I liked the observatory idea too, and the Rosalina/Gardeviour one

fine.
    People of serebii.
    LISTEN UP
    I need a mascot pokemon with a good moveset STAT.
    either...
    Munchlax or meowth, but you can do more.
    Easy.

Shaymin-S (A.K.A. Skymin)

B: Air Cutter: Hold B to charge, release B to send out a blast of air; its size is affected by how long you charge, not its power.

<B>: Leach Seed: Sends a seed in the direction you aim, if it contacts the victim will lose life at a steady rate until the affect wears off. A flower will be on the victim's head. (?Skymin gains life?)

^B: Leaf Storm: Skymin is sent upward on a draft of wind, razor sharp leafs circle about it until it stops. Skymin then drifts down slowly, still able to use A but not B.

\/B: Air Slash: Hit B and down anywhere to create a circle of wind around you. It is not a fast attack, nor does it deal huge amounts of damage, but it makes anyone hit flinch badly (like Zero Suit Samus's Paralyze.) (Well timed dodges can get anyone though the wind though.)

Final Smash: Seed Flare: Skymin disappears. Then a flash of light engulfs the screen and everyone is hurt, the closer to where Skymin was the more damage people take. Then after a short period another flash occurs, and more damage is dealt then before (as if a Sp.D drop had happened). Skymin then reappears from where it was before and the battle resumes.
    White Friend Code for trades and battles: Xaltago 0562 4765 4957
    White 2 Friend Code for whatever: Xaltago N/A for the moment
    Also on Pokemon Online for battles: Xaltago
    Feel free to PM me whenever. I'll get back to you, I promise.

----

Quote Originally Posted by Mastadi
    Communications, Humorous And Tactical (C.H.A.T.) device.

I think shaymin will work well, but it will need a more memorable part in pokemon first

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Magikarp now has a viable SSB moveset?

Standard Special: Splash. Splashes up and down. Can be used in water to damage opponents slightly with the water that is splashed.
    Side Special: Tackle. Leaps forward, damaging anyone in its way.
    Up Special: Bounce. Bounces up, then falls back down, similar to Aether but slower. If it hits the ground again, it can bounce back up very quickly.
    Down Special: Flail. Flails about on the ground. The more damage that Magikarp has taken, the more damage this attack does.

Just found it cool that Magikarp now has 4 moves.

Caterpie, too!

Standard Special: Bug Bite. Bites forward, also eating items. Any food eaten in this way has its effect doubled.
    Side Special: Tackle. See Magikarp:
    Up Special: String Shot. Tether recovery, also used as a grab.
    Down Special: Snore. If Caterpie is asleep, it can use this move. Large sound waves eminate from Caterpie in a similar manner to Barbara the Bat.
    Final smashes, taunts?

Anyway, what do you think of the chances of a series to have more than 4 reps? Alot of people think that the no. of characters to a series shouldn't exceed four, at least until all the other series have four. But the problem is obviously that series such as Mario or Pokemon have alot more potential for characters than series such as Metroid or Mother. Then again, the last thing needed is to turn SSBB into another Mario spinoff with a few added characters. And what happens when we run out of characters? will we ever run out of characters? Discuss.

Final smashes, taunts?
    They fail so much that they don't have them.

Anyway, what do you think of the chances of a series to have more than 4 reps?
    A million percent. *looks at Melee*
    Last edited by Blazios; 29th October 2008 at 5:44 PM.

They fail so mch that they don't have them.
    I thought the movesets were rather good, but I can't think of FS's or Taunts, I suppose that Magikarp could pull a Snake and just have one where he flails around. Perhaps he could summon a Gyrados for a FS?

A million percent. *looks at Melee*
    Damn, I had forgotten about Dr. Mario, blah, he's barely a different character.

well, doesn't LoZ have 5 with sheik, i meen its hardly gonna' be hard to think up new characters, its just thinking up good ones.

well, doesn't LoZ have 5 with sheik, i meen its hardly gonna' be hard to think up new characters, its just thinking up good ones.
    By that logic Pokémon has 6.

And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:

Spoiler:- Best move ever.:

lol
    magikarp would own everyone with that moveset, even, Dare I Say It...?
    ...Chuck norris???

By that logic Pokémon has 6.
    Yes it does.

Can't argue with it being the best move ever. I might have to sig this too.
    lol
    magikarp would own everyone with that moveset, even, Dare I Say It...?
    ...Chuck norris???
    Nah against Chuck Norris we get an affect similar to dividing by zero, but not exactly the same.
    Alot of people think that the no. of characters to a series shouldn't exceed four, at least until all the other series have four.
    LOLWUT? How in the hell can anyone think the G&W series or IC series deserve four characters? Can someone even name me three more characters from those games? Please.

The Comet Observatory stage going around right now seems very similar to one BCVM22, though it may have been someone else, had back in the Brawl thread that was around before Brawl hit US shores. I liked it then, and I like it now.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Game and Watch series:

Mr. Game and Watch
    Egg Wolf
    Octopus Diver
    Judge Man

It's possible. =D

Anyway... I'm too lazy to read through a hundred four pages, so... here's one idea I have:

Daisy should at least be an assist trophy... just to have everyone from the N64 Mario Party games in it. She gets summoned, does her little "HI I'M DAISY!" thing (Okay, maybe not,) rolls a Mario Party die, it vanishes, appears in a random spot (Usually near other combatants) and when it lands:

1: Summoner takes damage and knockback
    2-5: Everyone in die's range takes damage, more damage at 3 and 4, of course, no knockback at 2, slight knockback at 3, more knockback at 4
    6: Everyone falls asleep if on ground (Longer sleep based on how close you are to die)
    7: Summoner heals half their health or all if 50&#37; or less
    8: Everyone gets stuck in ground or slammed to the ground (Or falls through platform, depends where they are)
    9: Everyone gets stunned or knocked far
    10: Smaller range than 2-4 but Home Run Bat effect

I know, that probably sucks, but... oh well. And yes, I did get inspiration from Mr. Game and Watch for that. =P

No offence, but it is kind of bad, I really don't want to see an ounslought of mario characters for the next SSB

It was that one character, I wouldn't want it bombarded with Mario stuff, either... and I know that was bad, so no offense taken.

Question... am I the only one that feels that Board the Platforms should come back? Those were fun.

What were they?

Page 166 of 218 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast