Thread: Ending on a Sour Note (PG-13-Pokeshipping)

Default Ending on a Sour Note (PG-13-Pokeshipping)

Well here we are again, the anniversary of Pokeshipping and as promised, I deliver a fic to everyone out there. *bows head* I've decided to make this fic a two-shot though and I will be delivering the next chapter tomorrow. The reason for this is because the length surpassed of what I had originally planned for a one-shot. By the way, the rating is PG-13 because there are drug references (mostly alcoholic) and some language. So anyway without further ado, I bring you:

Ending On a Sour Note

Dark and dim
    From this room within
    I take my soul and give it to you

Hopefully
    You can set me free
    From my own… insanity!

Crunching out the final notes from the fast paced song, he strums the last chord powerfully, ending the song as he lifts up his left arm, pick in hand. The small crowd cheers from their small round tables, raising their drinks as a way to thank for the great performance the band had put.

The blonde-with-streaks-of-red haired man at the front of the stage grins in a sneering way and he looks behind at his band, as the band members begin to pack up their stuff. He sighs as he runs his hand through the sole strip of hair on his head, throwing off sweat and loose hairs at the same time. He grins back at the crowd as they continue to cheer on for them, then he begins to search the crowd for a specific face, one that he’s grown to love over the past few months. A smiling blue-green eyed girl with long wavy red hair looked back at him with a smile on her face, throwing him a kiss once she caught him looking at her. His smile spread sharply across his face and he jumped off the stage, guitar in hand as he approached her.

“Didya like the performance babe?” he said with the same mischievous grin looking down at the girl dressed loosely in a pale yellow white shirt that came down to her chest.

“Let me guess, you wrote that song about me?” she said raising her eyebrow. He laughed and replied,

“You’re so smart Mist, I don’t how you ended up with a lowlife like me!” She looked away seemingly hurt and he looked at her quizzically. He was about to ask her what he had said when she cut him off,

“Come on Scott you know not to call me that…” Her eyes, not looking directly at him the whole time, seemed to be looking at another time in her 22 year lifetime…

“Oh yeah, sorry about that babe…I forgot about him there for a second…” He said this looking up as if to expect to see someone up there. Once he had looked all across the whole wooden ceiling though, he turned away and looked down at her, apparently still reflecting sorrowfully on that time…

“Aw come on Misty, don’t get that way here! Come onnn, let’s have a drink!” He hooked his arm around hers, snapping her out of her trance as he yanked her out of her chair.

“Wait Scott, I don’t want to-”

“And how many times do I have to tell you, it’s not Scott, it’s Brad,” he said, dragging her through the whole bar until finally arriving at the counter where the bartender was wiping away at a glass.

“Ah, Mr. Bradley! Great performance out there, you get everyone buzzing about you guys!” The portly old man looked back at him with a wide toothless grin as he finished cleaning the glass.

“So, what can I get you two then?” he said placing his thick stubby hands upon the table.

“Aw come on, Doc, you should better than that! I’ll have the usual, tonight’s a Happy Night!” He laughed raucously as he slammed his fist against the counter, Misty smiling uneasily at him as his arm rocked her back and forth from his powerful laughter.

“And I’m presuming you’ll have the cranberry juice, then Miss Waterflower?” Doc said raising his thick white eyebrows as he looked in her direction. She nodded as the bar began to get louder as the next band came on to play their set.

The band members from Brad’s band joined the two of them as Brad and Misty waited for their drinks. As the trio of troublemakers began to talk about their next gig with dirty jokes and foul language, Misty began to occupy herself with her small white cell phone. Bars were definitely not the types of places she enjoyed to be in, so she usually would just fumble around with her phone as Brad would have his fun. This was just basically a normal night for the two of them. Or so she thought… As she opened her cell phone, a message flashed onto the screen unexpectedly,

A NEW MESSAGE HAS BEEN RECEIVED

In big black letters, her cell phone had received a text message that she had not been aware of.

Probably during the performance,” she thought as she opened the message, taking a moment to read it.

Her cell phone came crashing down onto the ground with a loud clatter, the message opened with its contents displayed on the LCD screen:

“HEY MIST, LONG TIME NO SEE…

P.S. LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT”

Her hands were clasped around her mouth, as she stood up in pure shock, staring at the person sitting right next to her.

Brad turned around once he saw the band giving Misty weird looks and he was about to ask her what was wrong when his unprepared eyes caught onto what she was gaping at. A young man with long black hair running to his shoulders was looking straight at Misty with a nonchalant expression, a glass of sparkling water wrapped underneath his wide hand. Beneath his ragged dark blue vest, he wore a silver Pokeball medallion around his neck, shining underneath the dim lights of the bar.

“What are you-”

“-DOING HERE?!” Brad roared above Misty’s voice, drawing on the attention of everyone around the bar as the whole place paused for a brief moment. The music continued playing in the background as Ash nonchalantly sipped his drink before standing up.

“I came to talk to Misty,” he said coolly as Brad looked on bewildered and enraged all at the same time.

“Are you FREAKIN’ kidding me?! You’re just gonna stroll into my favorite bar, at my gig so you can talk to my girl?! What are you, retarded?!” His eyes flashed with burning intensity, burning a hole straight through Ash and the wooden ceiling of the bar as veins popped out in his neck; he was livid.

“You don’t have to make such a big deal over this Scott-” Brad’s eyes widened upon hearing his first name coming from his mouth and he reared himself to leap at Ash.

“My name’s not Scott, dammit! It’s BRAAAAAD!” He leapt towards Ash before stopping dead in his tracks, mid-charge.

She stood defiantly before them, boyfriend and lost friend, caught in the middle of their leaning worlds.

“Scott, leave him alone…He just wants to talk…” She avoided his gaze guiltily as Brad looked on, completely befuddled and beside himself. Ash, apparently shocked by this as well, grabbed his glass and began to drink out of it again.

As he drank the rest of the glass down, his hands shook violently, shaking the glass and its contents.

Wiping his mouth, he cleared his throat to make his presence known once again.

“Right, well, Misty…you don’t mind going somewhere a little more…private, do ya?” he asked innocently.

“Like hell she will!” Brad said lifting up his arm as he charged for Ash once again, but his onslaught was stopped by Misty once again.

“Scott, stop it. You’re acting like a little kid and you’re embarrassing yourself in front of everyone,” she said sternly, holding his thick arm in her frail little hand. His malicious scowl quivered into a desperate frown, pleading Misty to let him go with his eyes. But her aqua colored eyes firmly held him in place, even more so pushing him back to his bandmates, where they patted him on his shoulder, offering him drinks and solace.

She turned around and looked at Ash now, who raised his eyebrows at the beauty before him. Her expression almost communicated to him on a mental plane, making him promise that he wasn’t going to harm her this time, all without saying a word. He nodded his head and closed his eyes, acknowledging he had understood her plea.

Misty turned around sharply, her knee-high light blue skirt twirling around with her as she faced Brad, heartbroken and angry, but understanding and willing. She put on her most sympathetic look she could muster, knowing what kind of torment he must be going through inside of him, and placed her hand gently on his tough cheek. She kissed him gently on the lips and pulled back, looking him straight in his red-brown eyes.

“I promise I won’t be long, OK? We’ll just be gone a few minutes, I’ll make sure of it,” she said with particular emphasis. He simply nodded slowly and looked defeated underneath her; whenever Misty was resolute on something, there was nothing he could do about it…

She then stepped back and began to head for the exit of the bar, leaving Ash behind for a moment. He looked uneasily to his left, in the direction where Brad and his bandmates were. Brad threw him a death glare and made a quick jerking motion with his thumb across his neck as he maintained eye contact with Ash. He simply ignored the gesture and followed behind Misty, trailing far behind her as she headed for the exit at the front of the bar.

“Aw forget him, Brad, you know Misty, she ain’t gonna do anythin’ wrong,” his thick lipped bassist said with a firm slap on the shoulder.

“Yeah, yeah I know. It’s not Misty I’m worried about; for the most apart it’s that freakin’ Ash Ketchum that gives me the creeps. Just cuz he’s some hotshot Pokemon Trainer doesn’t mean he can just treat people the way he does.” He sat down on the small metal stool at the counter and slumped over it depressingly, smacking his lips in seething anger as he shook his head slightly.

“BAR-TEN-DERRR! GET ME A DRINK!”

\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~/

“Well Ash, what is it? Because frankly, I’m a bit annoyed at you at this point, and you know why,” she added as Ash turned his head reproachfully.

“Yes Misty I remember, and I’ve told you countless times that I was sorry.” She looked at him, unconvinced with her hands at her hips as she stared him straight in the eye. He looked away again and shook his head slightly in disbelief.

“Anyway, that’s not why I wanted to talk to you today,” he said looking at Misty with the same bored expression he had on when she saw him for the first time in weeks inside the bar.

“Oh really? Are you sure about that?” Misty said, replying sarcastically as her eyebrows curled up at the middle of her forehead.

“Come on Misty is this really necessary? I don’t need this kind of BS coming from you when we’ve known each other so long…”

“That’s what I should’ve said a while back ago,” she replied dryly, tapping her foot all the while playing on his guilty conscience.

“You know what Misty this isn’t easy for me either!” He looked her straight in the eyes as he pointed a finger on his chest, taking a step towards her. “I’ve had to come a long distance to come looking for you just so I could talk to you! I wanted to talk face-to-face which is why I did what I had to just to get here. So if you could, drop the attitude so we can actually get somewhere?” She sighed and her firm posture was softened as she relaxed her body slightly.

She looked him gently in the eyes for the first time since he arrived and he was relieved and elated at seeing the familiar face that he had grown accustomed to the past few years.

“Ok Ash, I’m sorry. You can continue,” she softly spoke as she flipped her hair behind her ear, bending slightly at her waist as she looked at the handsome young man.

“Well, what I just wanted to tell you was, that this might be the last time I get to see you in a long time.” He looked at her sadly and shuffled his feet uncomfortably at the obvious silence. “I’m going to be going on a Pokemon Conference with the other Champions from all around the world…and I probably won’t be back until next year. And even then, I’m probably not going to have a lot of spare time. I risked a lot coming here Misty; there’ve been so many appointments that I’ll have to catch up on once I get back.”

“Well Ash, I don’t want to sound rude, but what does this have to do with me? That part in our lives finished a while back, you know this already…” She looked at him sympathetically; though her heart willed her to be with him, her mind and painful memories told her otherwise…

He looked down at the floor and felt his heart fall beside his feet on the dusty ground. Her statement completely took the air out of him and he couldn’t bring himself to look at her now; he felt like a complete idiot just standing in her presence.

She ate her pride as she stepped forward, standing tenderly close to him. Moving her arms from behind her back, she wrapped them underneath his arms, and linked them together behind his back. She felt a heavy aura fall on her as he also embraced her in a tight hug.

“His life must be wearing him thin,” she thought to herself as she tried with all her might to sustain his weight.

He sighed deeply, inhaling her entrancing aroma as it emanated from her body. He rested his head upon her neck and could feel the old memories of when such an embrace wasn’t such a risky leap…

She stepped back and avoided his glance for a while until she finally met his eyes with hers, his gaze never having left her. Her arms were close to her body as she rubbed her forearm shyly. Her cheeks were slightly tinted pink and she admitted to herself, she hadn’t felt this flustered in ages

They stood there, resolute in silence yet the ghosts of their past taking course in their actions as Misty secretly began to yearn for Ash’s embrace. He stood there in front of her, barely a foot away yet seemingly miles apart. Their awkward silence reminded them both what had separated them in the first place and Misty took a step back as Ash lowered his head shamefully.

“I think we should go back inside now Ash,” Misty said half-wanting to return inside the bar, wishing that things could be different. He quietly nodded and mentally kicked himself as they walked back inside the bar.

Curiosity took over her actions as soon as she entered the bar, feeling that there was something strange happening at that moment. She looked towards the bar where she had left Brad and could see what the whole uproar was about.

Brad was on top of the counter, “playing” his guitar as he held it backwards in front of him, making high pitched noises to compensate for the fact that he wasn’t hitting a string. The whole crowd was laughing in amusement and disbelief at the same time and his bandmates smiled along with the rest of them as Scott Bradley made a fool of himself.

His eyes passed over Misty as soon as she walked into the bar and he greeted her with an unnecessarily loud “HEY!” He stumbled towards her and almost fell completely off of the counter had it not been for the bassist who caught him as soon as he set his foot of the counter.

With feet firmly on the ground, he walked tipsily over to her all the while grinning stupidly as she shook her head in shame. He stood in front of her and looked down at her, towering her in stature and reeking of alcohol.

“Hey baay-beh, what are yoouu doin’ here-ah?” his head moving unevenly with every word he spoke.

“Scott, why are you doing this to yourself? I thought we agreed you’d stop drinking once you got the record deal.” Her anger was abated as she clenched her fists powerfully, her eyes avoiding his.

He grasped her forcefully by her chin and he got closer to her face as he continued to grin foolishly.

“Awww come onn, gurrl, you can’ do tha to me! Werr havin’ too mush fun!” He threw his arms up into the arm and laughed raucously before falling into the couple slow dancing next to them. He picked himself off of the floor with much effort and stood uneasily before Misty.

“Don’ you wanna have fun wif me, Misssst?” he said dryly as he looked maliciously towards Ash.

“Scott don’t you dare!” Misty screamed, but he pushed her aside and stumbled towards Ash who readied himself for his approach.

“Yea thash right, I’m lookin’ at joo, you no-good’ unfait’full b*****!” Ash cringed as Brad placed his accusing finger upon his chest. “Don’ ack like you don’ know what I’m talkin’ a-bout! You remember tha time in the ‘otel, you know-”

A hand flew across his face and struck with such a force that it sent him stumbling backwards until he landed on his rear.

“THAT’S ENOUGH SCOTT! I’ve had it!” She was in tears and her face was red with embarrassment as she stood in front of Ash who had stepped back in shock. Her hand quivered and she broke into sobs as she held her wrist having hurt it. Ash placed his hand on her shoulder and she quickly turned around and rested her head on his chest. He placed his arms around her reluctantly at first and her loud sobs came to quiet whimpers.

“Misty, I think it’s better if we leave now,” he said whispering into her ear. The whole bar was quiet and even the band who was on stage had stopped playing to look at the incident. She felt her body burn in shame and slowly, she nodded her head, lifting herself off of his chest. He gripped her hand and led her out of the bar, leaving behind Brad as he lay stupefied on the floor with what had just happened.

Part 2 will be delivered tomorrow so I hope you've enjoyed what you've read so far. Happy 11th anniversary Pokeshipping!
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Banner given to me by my great friend MistyLover, made by the talented AmazingKiss
    Currently Posted: Chapter 18-The Venox Vanishings
    Currently Working On: Chapter 22

So this is it ^^

I feel like reading "No One knows but You" again, just for nostalgia's sake, but I'll do this first

Quote Originally Posted by el_toro View Post
    “What are you-”

“-DOING HERE?!” Brad roared above Misty’s voice, drawing on the attention of everyone around the bar as the whole place paused for a brief moment. The music continued playing in the background as Ash nonchalantly sipped his drink before standing up.
    Do those two know each other ?...

His malicious scowl quivered into a desperate frown, pleading Misty to let him go with his eyes. But her aqua colored eyes firmly held him in place, even more so pushing him back to his bandmates, where they patted him on his shoulder, offering him drinks and solace.
    Hah...solace...a word I've rarely seen in fics, good job
    And Misty really has some "influence" over men

“Well Ash, what is it? Because frankly, I’m a bit annoyed at you at this point, and you know why,” she added as Ash turned his head reproachfully.

“Yes Misty I remember, and I’ve told you countless times that I was sorry.” She looked at him, unconvinced with her hands at her hips as she stared him straight in the eye. He looked away again and shook his head slightly in disbelief.

“Anyway, that’s not why I wanted to talk to you today,” he said looking at Misty with the same bored expression he had on when she saw him for the first time in weeks inside the bar.

“Oh really? Are you sure about that?” Misty said, replying sarcastically as her eyebrows curled up at the middle of her forehead.

“Come on Misty is this really necessary? I don’t need this kind of BS coming from you when we’ve known each other so long…”

“That’s what I should’ve said a while back ago,” she replied dryly, tapping her foot all the while playing on his guilty conscience.
    PokéShipping bickering ! for. the. win !!
    I feel like I'm watching when they first met xD

But then again, the end was more serious than the innocence at the beginning...
    I just hope you you're planning to put up another cliché ending or stuff like that
    This seems good so far Absolutely no mistakes, as always, and description as well : flawless...
    Can't wait to see what actually happens

Oh yeah !! Where's Pikachu ?...
    Happy 11th Birthday PS What a glorious day ^^
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

...Wow. This story's awesome. In fact, it's so great that my only criticism is that YOU NEVER FINISHED IT!!!!!!! I've heard of cliffies, but this is ridiculous!! Oh, well... you're probably busy...
    Like toilet paper in a bathroom, certain things are required in a fanfic/manga/etc. that determine whether someone will loathe it or love it. I believe that stupid characters like Tatewaki Kuno from Ranma 1/2 are one of those things. If you agree, put this in your sig. (started by me!)

Anybody here who goes to fanfiction com should read Bittersweet Romanticide's stuff because she is AmAzInG!

Looking for a real man's book? Look for Armor or Vampires by John Steakley. Beats the hell outta Twilight, anyway...

And now, a quote from John Steakley's exhilarating book, Vampires.

"Hey, you! Little god! Is it true your d*ck doesn't work anymore?"
    -Felix (addressing a vampire)

You are
    What you do
    When it counts.
    -The Masao