Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crossing Paths (541)

That was indeed a sad episode. I didn't know you can actually destroy a pokeball. I thought they break once they're old and/or brittle.

The opening scene with Pikachu and Piplup [Pochama] was so annoyingly cute.

BTW: Didn't the dam scene remind you guys of the Cinnibar Island episode?
    Last edited by Sparkleo; 4th April 2008 at 10:24 PM.

To be honest, I noticed for these two episodes the writers seemed to tell us they were using simmilar plots...but they distinguished them greatly.

This episode was alot better then the Butterfree episode I thought, because of a few reasons:

A. Butterfree was around for 15 episodes only, and I don't like it much anyway
    B. This episode had a ton more focus on a human character

I also admit, it was sad. Kaze no Isshoni is so beautiful, and I really like the final scene (although I'm surprised I've seen a few people who don't realize the obvious fact that Jessie was correcting the mistake she made with Dustox).

I thought the Dam scene was kinda neat too. Especially Manene imitating Buneary.

Let's see...yeah, really liked it. TBH, I think Dustox and Cacnea got better send offs then Arbok and Weezing. I mean, the reason Arbok and Weezing had to leave was wrapped up by the end of the episode...but Dustox and Cacnea were both given up by TR because they wanted too, not that they had too...and they did it for unselfish reasons.

Oh, and Wobbuffet appearing in the flashback (as well as Brock slowly moving up to the window in Bishounen mode before Croagunk jabs him) provided the episode with decent humour.

Eeew...I don't normally do long posts like that much, but I really did think this episode was well done.

EDIT: Was it me, or did anyone keep thinking of Slateport during the flashback? I wonder if this is related to Jessie's odd mood in AG 1 when they get to Hoenn, and perhaps there is more to this story that will later (probably not) be revealed?

Hey, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN (except stupid ideas!)

I started whatching the epi, the picture was like:

Pikachu! *me: cute!*
    Pochaaa! *me: don't ruin the moment*
    Pikaaa! *me: cute!*
    Pocha Pocha Pocha! *me: seriously, get out of the screen*
    Pikaaaaa pika- chu? *me Hmm? WTF why did he stop?*

*pochama is looking very sick*

Pochama is scik! That means its going to die =D!

Then turns out it was just hungry......
    Yeah... real disapointment...

Oh well, there I go and watfch the remaining epi =D

P.S: did jessie's voice actor change? O.o

She seems so much more, feminine now...
    Last edited by niedude; 4th April 2008 at 8:23 PM.

after just looking at the pics I liked this episode but i did not understand it. why was jesse yelling at the other dustox? is the boy in the flash back and the one right now that she met are the same?
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    I can´t believe it!! The opening is updated finally! Eteboth and Gligar are in and Shinji´s new Pokémon are there as well.

Took them long enough.
    i cant believe they have crammed Shinji and 7 Pokemon together on one side of the screen, i think thats pretty ridiculous since now u can barely see Shinji...

Quote Originally Posted by Vavavoom View Post
    I've noticed that some of the episodes where a character catches/releases a Pokémon, in this season, are similar to the episodes in the Kanto season. s:

Acutally Yes. And it does remind me of Bye Bye Butterfree

Guh, I hate these episodes.
    Brings a tear to my eye.
    *whipes*
    Love the ribbons on Dustox's antennae.

Anyway, good episode.
    Much like 'Bye Bye Butterfree'.
    i don't want another pretty face,
    i don't want just anyone to hold.
    i don't want my love to go to waste,
    i want you and your beautiful soul.

Wow. All I did was look at the EP pics and I almost cried. This will probably be one of my favorite EPs once it's in the US. I wish Dustox didn't leave... why couldn't it be called "Farewell Wobuffett"?

I wish Ash had a flash back remembering Butterfree, after all, its the same plot story.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbobson View Post
    Hi Serebii,
    Anyway, does this remind anyone else of the episode ''Bye bye Butterfree''? when Ash's Butterfree found a shiny pink Butterfree and left Ash?
    I wonder what other Pokemon Jessie will get???
    That was obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon16 View Post
    I wish Ash had a flash back remembering Butterfree, after all, its the same plot story.
    It would make sense if they did that. Some of the younger viewers won't know what we're talking about because it aired before they were born!

Quote Originally Posted by Buraddo_Aipom View Post
    Wow. All I did was look at the EP pics and I almost cried. This will probably be one of my favorite EPs once it's in the US. I wish Dustox didn't leave... why couldn't it be called "Farewell Wobuffett"?
    LOL! I wish!
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 5th April 2008 at 1:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbobson View Post
    Hi Serebii,
    Anyway, does this remind anyone else of the episode ''Bye bye Butterfree''? when Ash's Butterfree found a shiny pink Butterfree and left Ash?
    I wonder what other Pokemon Jessie will get???
    Exactly! It's a Jessie version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post

It would make sense if they did that. Some of the younger viewers won't know what we're talking about because it aired before they were born
    Electric Shock Showdown came before Bye Bye Butterfree, and they showed flashbacks of that one.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

I enjoyed the episode, an episode where Ash and co/TR work together it was nice. Also I felt sad for Jessie, normally she's just a ***** but at least when we see emtional episodes for her we know she's got some emtion in her.

Just looking at the pictures of this episode it looks great, even thought its similar to the Butterfree episode it still stands on it's own two feet.

0748-3409-7460

The moment Jessie broke the ball - too moving. Even if the episode is almost the same as the Butterfree one, Jessie needed some more quality screentime and some backround storyline.

Liked this episode and I hope Jessie gets a great Pokemon to replace Dustox.

"The same spot on our backs...
    I KNEW Max was NOT my real son!"

Credit: me and WB

Well just seen the episode. Though this episode has similar concept to "ByeBye Butterfree" episode, i think that it was in a way different from that episode.
    In "ByeBye Butterfree", the whole point of the episode was Butterfree trying to impress the Shiny Butterfree. But in this episode, the writers are focusing on the past event of Jessie's life & the decision she took which turned out to be wrong for her. Though there was not much of Dustox in this episode (compared to the amount of appearence Butterfree got in "ByeBye Butterfree"), the episode was in the whole a good one.
    And i also liked the fact that the writers didn't try to hide the fact that this episode was in a way remake of a previous episode in any way, infact they themselves pointed out that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    And i also liked the fact that the writers didn't try to hide the fact that this episode was in a way remake of a previous episode in any way, infact they themselves pointed out that fact.
    When did they do that? As I recall, there were no flashbacks to that episode.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Anyone else like Jessie's hair the other ways its been shown instead of her usual curved ponytail?
    The episode where she captured Seviper, I really liked that short hair.

I haven't really been keeping myself up to date with the anime.

I couldn't help but laugh at seeing Happiny carrying and then throwing that huge boulder. It's actually quite intimidating....
    I am unique, just like everybody else.

.: D/P Team :.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    When did they do that? As I recall, there were no flashbacks to that episode.
    Well there was not flashback in the episode itself but at the end of both the episode they showed clips from "Electric Shock Showdown" & also clips of Ash catching Caterpie to when it evolved to Metapod & then to Butterfree & at last clips from "ByeBye Butterfree" episode.

Well there was not flashback in the episode itself but at the end of both the episode they showed clips from "Electric Shock Showdown" & also clips of Ash catching Caterpie to when it evolved to Metapod & then to Butterfree & at last clips from "ByeBye Butterfree" episode.
    I don't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    Anyone else like Jessie's hair the other ways its been shown instead of her usual curved ponytail?
    The episode where she captured Seviper, I really liked that short hair.
    I do.

I really liked how her hair looked like during that flashback to her childhood.

That was at the complete end, right? Like, after Professor Oak did his Pokémon analyze?

THE END.

Dustox was my most favourite pokmon of Jessie. But I guess it had to go.

I just couldn't help my tears, its indeed a impeccable episode. This is a remake Bye Bye Buterfree, but it still distincts from that. I love the fact they focused on Jessie's lifetime with Dustox.

Altogether this episode is really fascinating. Well, goodbye Dustox my friend...
    Join us, as ICC World Cup 2011 kicks off in Bangladesh on the 17th February, 2011 through the magnificent opening ceremony! We await your arrival. ^^

I never liked Dustox, I don't know why. I just didn't seem to feel for it. Until this episode that is.
    It was only on watching it through twice, along with some of the commentaries in this thread that I was able to understand the point of the Jessie flashback (which i didn't really like - too anime for me). The smashing of the pokéball underfoot was a very powerful and emotional act, which I praise the writers for.
    In conclusion then, I can say that I liked this episode very much. Will the dub manage to pull off the emotion though...?

Do the Robot!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast