Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossing Paths (541)

Not many episodes make me shed a tear but this did it ever so slightly. What an upsetting episode.

Had to laugh when the guy turned round in the flashback and then became Wobbuffet, though.

"Pika Pika Pocha Pocha BUY Pika Pika Pocha Pocha OUR Pika Pika Pocha Pocha TOYS Pika Pika Pocha Pocha"

...it was that very opening to the episode that caused my brain to explode. It's a damn good thing I keep a stock of extra brains in my closet. I think this particular brain belonged to an old German dictator. That's right, folks, they did save Hitler's brain, which finally met its match at the hands of Pocket Monsters' corporate guinea pigs.

ATTN: Yusaku Takeda - Stop messing up my emotional TR episodes. First Arbok and Weezing, then Cacnea, now Dustox. Seriously, I'm beginning to think Takeda is purposely reserved for the farewell of TR Pokemon. If Wobby ever leaves, you can bet its farewell will be filled with its stiff, lanky blue arms flailing in the wind motionlessly.

Animation aside, this was one of Jessie's finest moments in the series' entirety. We've seen James get emotional plenty of times, but Jessie's moments are rarer. The flashbacks were done nicely, paced throughout the episode, even though Jessie's had so many stories about her childhood now that I don't see how they can all possibly coincide. As for Dustox's flashback montage at the end, while brief, I'm glad it displayed the highlights of its often-ignored presence, particularly its contest victory.

But now I'm curious about what happens when a Pokeball is smashed when a Pokemon is still inside it...I'll let you fanfic experts come up with an answer to that one...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This is the first time a main character purposely destroys one of their Pokeballs.

Other than this being a release episode, it was a remake. Two remakes in one day, amazing.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

In comparrison to 'Bye Bye Butterfree', which many have been quick to compare this to, I felt this was handled a lot better. The trainer/pokémon relations here are what did it for me, with a very impressive performance from Jessie, who compared to Ash in early Kanto, is easier to sympathise with a thousand-fold, especially with the inclusion of that rather tragic backstory.
    The general premise of the episode, including the problems encountered and the solutions around them, were also a lot stronger, imo. Ironically, I think the lack of a typical 'Team Rocket steal some crap' dilema is what made this a much more enjoyable experience.
    Last edited by Gravy; 3rd April 2008 at 11:08 PM.

To keep this brief, I'm just gonna say... this seems better than the Butterfree release episode.

I will say that Farewell Dustox! seems like one emotiomal episode, especially since it looks like Jessie goes as far as smashing Dustox's PokeBall after he goes bye-bye. Poor thing... she musta bene hurtin' a lot... just as badly as James when he let Cacnea stay with Gardenia.

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

First time I ever felt like crying for a moth before >>

also when I started to watch this episode I started to watch it with the thought in my head that we would see team rocket or jessie in the beginning.

but lo and behold the very first thing we see (and a close up shot no less) is that kid brain washing penguin.

oh pochama I like all the little things you do I really do but please do learn to take a seat now and then okays...

Brilliant plot. The flashback was used to parallel Jessie's situation with Dustox.

Dustox falls in love=Jessie falls in love
    Jessie decides against it=Dustox has to stay with Jessie instead of mating
    Jessie fails at a singing career=Dustox fails at contests, making it pointless to remain in Jessie's care.

So, she releases it as Dustox will regret not following her love like Jessie regrets not following her love.

This>Bye Bye Butterfree.

AND she did not give the ribbon to Dustox like many thought, including myself. What do they plan to do with Jessie's contest career now?
    Last edited by Ancax; 4th April 2008 at 5:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Trainer View Post
    Besides the only contest it won, Dustox showed a lot of personality this episode.

Jessie forcing Dustox to go at the end was a real tearjerker.
    And I LOLed at Croagunk foiling Brock before he could even attempt at flirting with Joy a second time.
    lol same when i saw his face like that i kept saying Croagunk.....CRoagunk...CRO...LMAO

This episode reminds me too much about the butterfree episode. Only sadder....
    BUNP

The problem is that Pokemon is clearly running out of ideas, This episode is pretty much the same as the Butterfree episode, The Butterfree episode was terrible there was barely any action and really weird idea, but now by using Team Rocket's Jesse the small tad of action go's and it is just plain boring. We know the saying "All good thing must die" and it's depressing to know but Pokemon is falling under that phrase

credit to eeveeiscute

What is red, whistles and hangs on the wall thats not living.

I don't know if Jesse is gonna release her Dustox or not, that's because her Dustox bred to another one, looks a lot like when Ash left his Butterfree to breed in "Bye Bye Butterfree". Maybe when this episode gets dubbed in English maybe the future dub title might also be "Bye Bye Dustox" too..............

I guess Jessie isn't always nasty to anyone, although she seemed reluctant to let Dustox go.

Too bad Dustox had to leave.... Well, you can't change the story. I still didn't see this episode but I know it will be a good one. I'll just have to wait for a few more hours before I can watch it here.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Oh well, Bye Bye Dustox. I will miss you!
    Shame you could not have stayed and had Wobbafett leave instead!

So I wonder what will Replcae Old Dustox? Surly it will be a new contest based Pokemon, so I doubt the Scorpian or skunk. Maybe a Yanma?
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Unhappy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Farewell, Dustox. You shall be missed.

Now what is Jessie going to do for contests? She only has Seviper and Wobbuffet now! Team Rocket's gotta make a new capture soon, or else get Cacnea back earlier than I originally thought. And Jessie smashed Dustox's Pokeball? Man, there's no longer any hope of Dustox returning. Why do Team Rocket have to keep getting rid of their Pokemon? Gyarados, Shellder, Lickitung, Victreebel, the second Victreebel, Arbok, Weezing, Magikarp, Hoppip, Chimecho, Cacnea, and now Dustox?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 1 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Bye bye Dustox and Pikachu, Raichu, the Road to evolution! were the best fillers in Sinooh, which is funny considering they're remakes of old episodes. O_o;

This episode > Bye bye buterfree.
    This episode was heaps more emotional and was really memorable. Dustox showed so much emotion in the last scene that I came close to tears over it leaving. Tis a shame seeing that I actually liked Dustox. Anyway, this is a really good episode that i'll remember for ages to come.

On another note, I caught a shiny dustox in a random encounter today, and It was male.

-Gazz.
    America wasn't ready for a cardboard president, but us Aussies are looking for a neutral leader.

Credit goes to The Thrashmeister for the Boxman banner.

In the words of the most influential man alive, "Let's go Tazy Crazy!"
    I have a brother with down syndrome and I'm proud to be his big brother!
    I own a copy of Pokemon HeartGold! HAHA SUCKAS!
    Diamond FC: 4253 4593 3815 PM me to battle.

so that was a shiny dustox?

Quote Originally Posted by razor fire View Post
    so that was a shiny dustox?
    Yep, it indeed was.

Very emotional episode. Jessie shatters its Pokčball into pieces to rid Dustox in hopes of it succeeding its dreams, unlike Jessie's past, we saw in the flashbacks.

Instead of "Bye, Bye Dustox"

For the dub, I think it should be "Another one bites the Dustox!"
    Last edited by Red; 4th April 2008 at 12:20 PM.

Great episode, loved that music from the 9th movie, but why didn't they use 'Tears after a cloudy weather'? That would've been a perfect BGM for it...

Yep, in fact I'd say that this is the best TR pokemon-releasing episodes yet.

tbh, this is probably the best release episode yet, as compared to others (Butterfree, Togetic, Arbok & Weezing, Victreebel). The Chimecho one could come close.

this is one of the most well-doned episodes in the Sinnoh saga yet.

Well, I hav yet to see this episode, but I have this feeling I may consider dling it for the caption thread. However, after reading this topic, I think I can easily figure out what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    I can´t believe it!! The opening is updated finally! Eteboth and Gligar are in and Shinji´s new Pokémon are there as well.

Took them long enough.
    Makes you wonder why they delay the episodes for in the first place doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Fanboi13 View Post
    Dustox's Departure was sad, especially the Pokeball crushing. Its voice sounded so sad, I bet the English VA is gonna have some difficulty pulling it off.
    Oh, I think you'd be amazed of what some of the English VA's are capable of doing. I think you may be giving the Jap VA's too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancax View Post
    Dustox falls in love=Jessie falls in love
    Jessie decides against it=Dustox has to stay with Jessie instead of mating
    Jessie fails at a singing career=Dustox fails at contests, making it pointless to remain in Jessie's care.
    Parallels being used in Pokémon and actually working? That's a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    I guess Jessie isn't always nasty to anyone, although she seemed reluctant to let Dustox go.
    I guess after everything see's gone through I'm sure you'd be nasty too...

I might consider viewing this ep, but I feel that that'll be more reserved to actually getting pics for the captions thread. Which is what I've been doing for the last few eps (The veilstone gym wasn't that far back was it?).

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by 007pikachu View Post
    The Butterfree episode was terrible there was barely any action and really weird idea, but now by using Team Rocket's Jesse the small tad of action go's and it is just plain boring.
    Unless you've got the attention span of a dust mite, there's more to entertainment than BEAM!EXPLOSION!BEAM!GLOWYPUNCH!
    Like, oh, I don't know, decent story writing and meaningful character development perhaps? Bizarre notion I know...

Well, there's no clues being given in "Together" as to what's going to happen with Paul's team now that h's got seven regular members. This episode is just about the best leaving episode ever- too bad in a way that they're now limited exclusively to Team Rocket, thanks to Oaking, Pewtering etc

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast