Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crossing Paths (541)

The episode moved a little quickly.

I'm sick of these goodbyes, yell at it to make it go, it is old.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Sometimes I wish when they do those flashbacks, that they show some of the 4Kids scenes instead of PUSA's versions of it. Let me guess, 4kids has all rights to everything they dubbed in Pokemon and refuses to share, right?

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Well, undoubtedly an episode which stood out because of its plot.Frankly, I haven´t been used to such an emphasis of love and romance in Pokemon episodes yet. ( apart from the two great Anabel-episodes).

This episode once again showed Jessie in her correct light.
    As James and Meowth have already shown over and over again that they actually aren´t bad guys, Jessie as well proved herself a loving, mature Pokemon trainer with emotions today and not a cold, domineering diva as she´s normally portrayed.
    I´ve always had this feeling that Jessie some day would turn out to be an originally nice girl who´s just got off the straight and narrow because of some unhappy events. I´d be glad if we heard some more details about what exactly made her join Team Rocket sometime.

But I would have never expected that she has such an incredible willpower and determination. She didn´t even hesitate for one second to let Dustox go. All her thoughts were guided by the care for her beloved Pokemon and all she did, happend for its sake! Great!
    Being an Ash-Fan I really envy Jessie today, because normally that´s Ash´s part ^^

What was remarkable furthermore and what I enjoy watching every time, was the fact that Team Rocket as well as Ash and Co. once again worked together without arguing or fighting.
    Ok, frankly, the telepathic transport of the water by using Confusion and Whirlwind was a little bit exaggerated! Such things simply bother me! Why do the writers have to destroy this great mood by building in such an illogical element? I was feeling annoyed for a few seconds when I saw that... BUT it was really the one and only point of criticism in this episode.

Pikachu and Piplup walking side by side and singing a happy song, wasn´t that kinda cute ? ^^ You´ve just gotta love them!

By the way, a litte anecdote: After Jessie had been pushed aside by Dustox and had fainted, I was hoping that Ash or Brock would find and carry her to the Pokemon Center on their arms ^^...me and my tomfoolery XD

Indeed, a great episode which you can hardly have any objections against!

8 out of 10 points!
    Last edited by ash_forever; 24th August 2008 at 8:11 PM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Sometimes I wish when they do those flashbacks, that they show some of the 4Kids scenes instead of PUSA's versions of it. Let me guess, 4kids has all rights to everything they dubbed in Pokemon and refuses to share, right?
    What are you talking about, those scenes were from the original version
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I had to miss it because of a stupid school orientation
    then I watched it in youtube in my phone @ 2:00 am.
    I had 3 LOL points here:
    The Pikachu and Piplup song
    The Brock and Croagunk Incident
    The Happiny carrying a boulder scene.

I almost cried in this ep especially the crushing of the pokeball.
    I thought the scene where the two dustox first met was kinda romantic especially the part where they make a heart with those dust particles(?)

btw, I didnt notice Jessie's voice changing

I recently watched this and it was pretty good episode.

Looks like Jessie is short on 1 pokemon... so does that mean she will get another?

This reminds me when Ash had to release his Butterfree to that Pink Butterfree but this time it was Dustox with a Shiny Dustox.

That Shiny Dustox must be strong, seeing that it can carry a small lake.

Harsh how Jessie released Dustox. Drop the pokeball and smash it into pieces. Doesnt the pokeball have a release function on it? Oh well, thats way better

Everything else was good but it seemed short.

7/10
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Quote Originally Posted by AstralEon View Post
    Looks like Jessie is short on 1 pokemon... so does that mean she will get another?
    If you really want to know, check the Anime spoilers section. That's why it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralEon View Post
    This reminds me when Ash had to release his Butterfree to that Pink Butterfree but this time it was Dustox with a Shiny Dustox.
    That's the point! It's supposed to be like that episode. In fact, I think in the Japanese version they had a flashback to that episode. Why did they take it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

^^ because PUSA needs the episode to be a tad shorter than the original jap raw - they do it to most, if you notice...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious_Dreamer View Post
    ^^ because PUSA needs the episode to be a tad shorter than the original jap raw - they do it to most, if you notice...
    Come to think of it, a lot of dub episodes seem shorter. But maybe that's also because of commercials.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

i think it was one of the most saddest episodes in the whole season but its akward that i didnt cry

i hope dustox will be happy

Good Bye Dustox
    sniff sniff

Loving You Is Cherry Pie, Cause You Know That Baby I,
    Im Your Biggest Fan,
    I'll Follow You Until You Love Me.

Etc.
    Credit: Banner-Skiyomi
    Claimed Song:
    LoveGame-Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    If you really want to know, check the Anime spoilers section. That's why it's there.
    That's the point! It's supposed to be like that episode. In fact, I think in the Japanese version they had a flashback to that episode. Why did they take it out?
    Uh, I watched the japanese version a little while ago and I'm pretty sure that they did not have a flashback to that episode, you must be thinking about the flashbacks in the next episode

Michelle's did excellent this episode, I actually think I prefer Michelle's Jessie to Rachel's, but then again I like the Japanese voice better than Michelle.
    Did anyone else notice how they dubbed over Pachirisu's voice this episode, despite keeping it in every other episode, I hope this is just a one episode thing, but I guess we'll know for sure in a few episodes.

Spoiler:- whining:
    I'm back

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with the Pachirisu dub. But, like you said, maybe it won't happen again..... I still prefer Rachel's Jessie.... anyway

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

When Jessie cares, you know everyone is going to get teary.

Easy on the merchandise Croagunk! How am I supposed to bag the ladies without the implants?

Attacking rocks loses its appeal after about a minute or so

Yo Ambipom, feeling nutty?

Character Development.

You wanna try and take this pokeball away from me Dustox?

Jessie was a dancer, gave up and went to be a nurse, gave that up and turned to the double Team Rocket life of stealing for joy. Tell me again why doesn't Team Rocket have their own special yet?

Third Flashback. Cue the Pink Floyd.

good that Jessie didn't ask if that was Astin's brother. (oh boy)

8/10 Astounding. As if this episode wasn't about Dustox at all.

Thumbs up Not flawless, but wondeful all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    Tell me again why doesn't Team Rocket have their own special yet?
    They did.

Well this was an absolutely lovely episode. We have been long overdue for the full details on Jessie's past. She's actually a very interesting character, as mundane as she may seem considering how often Team Rocket appears. I'm so glad that we got some background for her, besides her occasional trip down memory lane about her favorite sweets, or a job she had.

Her personality now makes so much more sense, considering what her childhood was like. I loved her interaction with the other girls - it seemed like it could easily happen. We can now see how her hatred of losing shaped her life. And, it explains how sometimes, when she sometimes she sees a handsome man, she acts like she's fallen in love. Suddenly she's a very believable character, rather than just a spazzy female "villain".

However, I can't say that I had no complaints about this episode (although I would have liked to). For one thing, the whole Dustox golden arch thing was way too sugar-coated. Honestly, almost everyone could tell that it was a mating ritual for the Dustox; I wish they would have just said that. The whole "lovey-dovey" thing was a little overdone, and it seemed almost like another series.

The other complaint I have is that the voice of young Jessie sounded almost exactly like her older self. I can understand why they wanted the same voice actor do act her, but she could have made herself sound a little younger. Even just talking in a higher voice would have worked.

This episode was a nice, refreshing break from the twerps we see every day. It wasn't as good as it could have been, but it really was great. Once again, thank you, writers, for this episode.

It´s me again!

Just imagine this crazy coincidence:

Chance would have it that one day before this episode was aired, I had fallen in love with a nice girl who I happened to meet when some of my friends and I came together.
    But I don´t know if either I just had bad luck or things went wrong altogether...anyways, a friend of mine managed to pinch my girlfriend to be.
    (Well, I´ve been wondering for some days now if he´s still my friend actually.)
    But I´m also trying to allay my sorrows by thinking that it´s probably the best how things have gone and that we just weren´t meant for each other.

What helped me most ,though, was...yes, this Pokemon episode! Thanks to it, I forgot my broken heart and everything around me.
    I was really able to enjoy the story to the full even when I watched it for the second time.

Thanks Pokemon, you not only entertained me but also saved me from a miserable situation of dejection!

Once again, it turned out what my true love is : Pokémon forever!
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode dissappointed me.... I thought Jessie would show more of her emotional side rather that a few flashbacks and then her crushing the Pokéball and shouting at Dustox "There, now you have no where to come back to!" :\ I miss Dustox already. It was my favorite Pokémon that Jessie owned. Oh well, I just have to wait until the english episode airs where she captures Yanma/Yanmega.

I prefer Yanmega with Jessie, not to say that i didnt like Dustox, but Yanmega affords her another werid pokemon to have

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I thought this episode was great. I liked the jessie flashbacks although her friends annoyed me a bit. i thought the crushing of the pokeball was quite intresting. I laughed at the Pikachu and piplup song at the beginning and thought it was sweet when the 2 Dustoks flew away togther. I wonder what pokemon jessie will use in her next contest

I really enjoyed this episode a great deal. It was one of the most positive Jessie episodes in a really long time (apart from "Team Shocker"), and the scenes between her and Dustox were really well-done. It was also great to see Team Rocket and Team Twerp really working together to put things right. It probably would have helped if the damaged lake didn't make me think of my neighbors up north in Wisconsin Dells (I visited there last month, and I feel really bad that they lost that beautiful lake), but apart from that the story was beautiful and touching. It was definitely one of the best episodes this season. Too bad that Dustox left the show, but at least it got a wonderful sendoff.

On a side note, it surprised me that Dustox was a girl. I'd assumed for a long time that it was a boy, because it was wearing a bowtie when Jessie was cheating in that one contest back in season seven (I can't remember which episode that was). I guess not.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

i thought this episode was alright, i showed a bit of jesses emotional side, a side of team rocket we really dont see, though i was kind of frustrating that she released dustox, since i a way she has very few pokemon

I just watched this episode on youtube and it's one of my favs, the end part was a biot sad too, woulkd write more but dinner's ready/
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Redblood012 View Post
    i thought this episode was alright, i showed a bit of jesses emotional side, a side of team rocket we really dont see, though i was kind of frustrating that she released dustox, since i a way she has very few pokemon
    Well, she'll get a new one soon - I'm sure of it

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I was torn up when Dustox left... it was sad. I welled up a little, but not as much as Bye-Bye Butterfree. I bawled when that happened. That was when I was about 10. Long time ago.

(p.s. my first post ^.^)
    My Banner Thread
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/5lum1s.jpg[/IMG]
    :: Claimed Sentret ::

Well, perhaps the reason why I also balled my eyes out in Bye-Bye Butterfree, was that it was Ash's first ever capture! And I happen to have a large soft spot for Butterfree... But seeing as it was only Jessie losing a Pokémon, and perhaps because I'm also older now, it wasn't as bad, tho still sad....

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

This was an awesome episode. For the dude that said michelle's voice annoys them? You've gotta be on crack man. I think she did an excellent job in this episode. I mean, did you not hear her voice cracking when she cried? That was some intense emotion man. Screw you idiots who think michelle can't voice act. I think you need to get your ears checked. I think she's amazing. Someone said that michelle needs to voice jessie lower like rachael did. Uhh from when? Season one? Rachael voiced jessie low in the first few seasons and gradually voiced her higher and higher. I think michelle just took over where rachael left off....with her higher voice. Sorry I don't mean to sound all angry here. I apologize. I'm just sayin' that I think michelle is great. I met her at a con and she was really cool and nice and sweet to talk to. So those of you who don't like her can go float.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast