Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pika and Goliath (542)

Hybrid View

Default Pika and Goliath (542)

Pikachu! Raichu! The Road to Evolution!

After losing to a Raichu in a trainer battle and becoming severely injured, Ash & Pikachu start questioning themselves and wonder if the time has come to evolve. Drawing parallels upon the previous time this happened in Vermillion City, Pikachu is determined to show its true power. However, will it be able to defeat the Raichu without evolving? Or is Ash going to have a Raichu?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

It says error when i click Visit the episode guide.
    Anyway, i dont think Pikachu will evolve at all, he will probably learn a new move or somthing, and then trash the Raichu (like Lt. Surge's)
    I am the Piplup master!

My NON HACKED shinies:

Types and natures dont always matter, all that matters is moves and stats, and how much your willing to win! if you agree C+P this into your sig. (started by Jimbobson)

Yeah, it always does that unless an episode guide has been written. Joe always does that even though it serves no point.

To hell with this episode. The rat clearly didnt grow up.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Well here are some pics from the episode,

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well here are some pics from the episode,
    I don't if someone then myself can see the edit, I can still see (look @ the ears).
    I can't wait to see the spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Venusaur View Post
    I don't if someone then myself can see the edit, I can still see (look @ the ears).
    I can't wait to see the spoilers.
    Oh, thats not an edit, its the real deal, I saw the episode not long ago.

And wow, it was awesome, they dealt with it very well. Again I can't believe Pikachu almost died, that Hyper beam did more damage then I out of, but there was lots of flashbacks, I'm even surprised Surge was in a flashback, but he seems shorter like more your average guy from the reanimated flashback.

But wow its been a while Pikachu been that upset, it wanted to fight again just barely recovering, and lots of Ash and PIka moments so I'm happy.

The second battle was epic, I knew this episode was not a disappoint and birthday love as well since only 2 days. I feel complete.

I wonder, has Pika evolved or not?

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Googlepage

~~~Paired with the awesome NES :3 ~~~

Spoiler:- I support:

Pikachu didn't evolve.

Alas I cannot be completely disappointed because my favorite electric Pokemon looks utterly adorable. I really can't get upset looking at a face like that. Though Raichu lost in the end it shall find solance in knowing that I really know it can crush a Pikachu in a real fight. Take that and such.

I'll just shop some pictures of Raichu on Ash's shoulder and be fine for a while.
    Last edited by An00bis; 3rd April 2008 at 4:16 PM.

Wow, Pikachu got his *** whooped big time, that picture where Pikachu is with the respirator scared me, but Raichu sure is awesome. But thank you for the pics Lucario, you made my day!

I doubt Pikachu evolves, but it would be pretty interesting if it did in my opinion, namely, Pikachu itself is (usually) abnormally powerful for its species, so if it evolved, the world as we know it could very well crumble in its wake... for the exaggeration factor, but you get the idea.

it is a little obvious that it dosnt evolve which is shown in the 11th movie trailer and they wont evolve pikachu now if they were it would probably be the last episode or not at all around there

its obvious it doesnt evole as the next movie spoilers still show it as a pikachu
    Last edited by gpt11; 3rd April 2008 at 4:56 PM. Reason: beaten to it lol

The Paul appearence was pretty random, and sorta pointless, I mean did he actually expect Ash to follow his advice and evolve Pika?

Electric Shock Showdown flashbacks FTW its been so long since we've seen Misty, I don't care if it was a flashback, its alllllllll good.
    I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Fanboi13 View Post
    The Paul appearence was pretty random, and sorta pointless, I mean did he actually expect Ash to follow his advice and evolve Pika?

Electric Shock Showdown flashbacks FTW its been so long since we've seen Misty, I don't care if it was a flashback, its alllllllll good.
    How does Paul appear?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    How does Paul appear?
    He just sorta does, he could have not been there, and nothing about the episode at all would have changed, so I don't really understand why he was there
    I'm back

Probably to go "lulz, Ash ur dum! Yur rat is still a bebi!"

I agree with him too. I hope Ash keeps that Thunderstone.

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

Knowing him, Gon, just as he usually does; passin' through. :P LOL!

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

if pikachu ever does evolve, i will stop watching the show altogether!
    I love

Well flashbacks make me cry. Its amazing how Ash kept that thing all these years, I thought he through it away during the Kanto saga. Suprised that the writers remembered that episode. Ask Paul, his appearnce sure was random. Guess to give Ash a pep talk about evolving Pikachu, I'm glad the littl guy didn't though. I like its non evolved form better but that's me.

Electric Shock Showdown! Part Two!

Alternate title. Stupid Pointless filler.

At least the preceding episode was good. BRING US YANMA!!!

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

my question is what happened in the preview?
    3DS Friend code
    1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari
    Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Secret Base
    Coming Soon

Yeah, this thread was a waste of time. Did we really need another episode where the rat rambles on about wanting to be a baby forevor? This could have been used as another episode to showcase May more.

Oh well, 1 episode left after this. Blaziken, Glacia, Ivysaur & Squirtle, GO!

The plot was bland and a repeat of a season 1 episode. and ash sounded odd and lacked emotion and mispronounced pikachu.

Post A So-so Episode.

This episode was pretty much a repeat of the Lt. Surge episode from way back when. It wasn't bad, but it could have been a little more original in the plot department.

Sho was pretty much the main interest in the episode, regardless of what the writers tried to tell you. He was entertaining; his type doesn't show up in this anime often. His gangsta talk had me laughing throughout almost the entire episode. (Was this, combined with his name, maybe possibly a WEWY reference?) He was a refreshing break from the normal "I love pokemon! They're my bestest friends!" type that all trainers seem to uphold. He wasn't too much of a jerk at the end, either.

I was also very impressed with the Pokemon Center scene. It was a more realistic rendition of a hospital scene than I'd ever seen in the show before (which, admittedly, isn't saying much). I was a little surprised at how bad pikachu's condition was after the battle.

The animation in the episode was very good - two different movements going on at once, both done realistically, is not something this show usually does (ex. Pikachu flailing its arms while falling). The movement was great, except when Pikachu hit the rock the first time - it exploded too quickly, and there was almost no rubble.

However, those were the only parts of the episode that really stood out from the original. The rest felt like a remake of the first Raichu episode. The formula was exactly the same: Pikachu battles Raichu, Pikachu loses badly, Ash considers letting Pikachu evolve, Pikachu doesn't want to evolve, Pikachu trains on its own, Pikachu rematches Raichu and wins. Oh, and Team Rocket gets sentimental, you can't forget that.

All in all, it was good, but they could have tried to stray a little further from the original.

Pikachu will not evolve. Otherwise, if it does evolve, pokemon will be ruined, which is not the case.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast