Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pika and Goliath (542)

You know what I haven't done in ages? A bullet-style review. Here goes!

- Whoop-dee-doo. Another cutesy scene with Pikachu and Piplup screaming in your face about how adorable they are!
    - Uh-oh. It's a Pichu, and it is TICKED OFF. Wouldn't surprise me if he also brought along Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, and Young Link.
    - Enter filler boy. Enter Raichu. Enter FIERCE FIGHTING!
    - Raichu to electricity: "I am here, laughing at you!"
    - Hyper Beam, a.k.a. Explosive vomit, a.k.a. Who doesn't have this bloody attack?
    - Yay, Jindai cameo. AAAAAHHH! Or, for you dub viewers, that would be NOOOOOO.
    - Ah, Lt. Surge flashback. The patriot, the pedophile, the hippie killer, whatever you wanna call him.
    - Anyone who says Pikachu has no character these days needs to give this episode a watch.
    - Wow, they even went as far as to reprise TR's role from the Surge match.
    - And as a bonus, an entire recap of the aforementioned episode to top it all off. 11 years later, and the hysterically awful stereotype that is Lt. Surge still makes me laugh.

All in all, a decent filler accompanied by some stellar BGM that serves as yet another reminder to all the idiots out there in the fandom who have forgotten why Pikachu will never, ever evolve.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I have to admit, although I am not a fan of Pikachu at all, I found myself cheering for it today.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I have to admit, although I am not a fan of Pikachu at all, I found myself cheering for it today.
    Yeah, me too...Especially the hospital scenes were done nicely.

Lots of flashbacks in this episode ,too. A Kanto flashback in DP? Anything can happen!

Was TR Pikachu-oedan the same from the old Major Bob( the BETTER name )/Lt. Sruge-episode?
    I think they stole the thunder stone in order too prevent Ash from using it. Gotta love meowth sympathy for the battle of pre-evos VS evos ^^

The "new" ending version had a sparkly feel too it , but is not change enough for me to call it a new version. PokaPoka my ***!
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well here are some pics from the episode,
    I don't if someone then myself can see the edit, I can still see (look @ the ears).
    I can't wait to see the spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Yeah, me too...Especially the hospital scenes were done nicely.

Lots of flashbacks in this episode ,too. A Kanto flashback in DP? Anything can happen!

Was TR Pikachu-oedan the same from the old Major Bob( the BETTER name )/Lt. Sruge-episode?
    I think they stole the thunder stone in order too prevent Ash from using it. Gotta love meowth sympathy for the battle of pre-evos VS evos ^^

The "new" ending version had a sparkly feel too it , but is not change enough for me to call it a new version. PokaPoka my ***!
    Yah what's up with that? I thought Ash/Brock forgot every thing that happened in the past. Oh well nice to know they didn't forget every thing, its just the people they meet over the years they forget aboutXD

Quote Originally Posted by Light Venusaur View Post
    I don't if someone then myself can see the edit, I can still see (look @ the ears).
    I can't wait to see the spoilers.
    Oh, thats not an edit, its the real deal, I saw the episode not long ago.

And wow, it was awesome, they dealt with it very well. Again I can't believe Pikachu almost died, that Hyper beam did more damage then I out of, but there was lots of flashbacks, I'm even surprised Surge was in a flashback, but he seems shorter like more your average guy from the reanimated flashback.

But wow its been a while Pikachu been that upset, it wanted to fight again just barely recovering, and lots of Ash and PIka moments so I'm happy.

The second battle was epic, I knew this episode was not a disappoint and birthday love as well since only 2 days. I feel complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Trainer View Post
    And TR made off with Ash's thunderstone, the good that comes out of that is the whole 'Pikachu Evolving' threads popping up can cease for good now. Well I hope. >_>
    well yeah but then again team rocket could try the evolution thing again
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

I like the thought of Ash and Pika moments. Those two are always so great when we get to see the strong bond they share together and how it keeps them pressing on, no matter what.

Wow, that is crazy too the guys had to face a Raichu with a Volt Tackle!

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

That Raichu knows Volt Tackle btw.

And the lecture was about Paul's Electabuzz. OMG FORESHADOWING!1!1!

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Not sure if this was said yet... probably was though:

Finally everyone can stop saying that Pikachu will evolve, since IT DIDN'T!! YAY! I'm so happy it didn't. That would've just ruined the show.

Angry

This episode was STUPID!!

It gave us no evolution, even after getting our hopes up, and now Pikachu is never gonna evolve, just because it's "strong the way it is". I wanna get a Electrode and Celebi, go to Pokemon Japan, and threaten to blow everyone up unless they change this!

But seriously, this episode was another dumb filler, and this anime would be better off without them.

Raichu says, " Kiss my YELLOW A*S!"
    Long ago, when the deity Pokemon of time was born, so did time. Without it, the world would just stand still, no motion or life to make happiness. There is no substitute for the gift of time, which we must use to make good on this earth...

100% Luckyshipper!!!

Why would you need a Celebi?

Anyway, did you really expect the rat to hit puberty? Somehow, the thing is still the mascot of the franchise (I swear Piplup took that over :?) and making it reach adulthood would have f*cked the fad up (as if it wasn't already, what with all these cliche'd generations).

In other news, my "source" sure is taking its time getting this online. I rarely want to watch D/P episodes due to their terrible quality but for this (and the Dustox episode) I'll make an exception.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

at first i though that Pichu was gonna evolve into Pikachu then into the Raichu we see fighting Pikachu

I don't know if Ash's Pikachu is gonna evolve in this episode because I didn't watch the screenshots yet. But I know one reason why one Pikachu looked at a Thunderstone.

Haha, wow. The Raichu trainer acts like the NPCs from the game. He went up to Ash and went "Guess what, I'm battling you and theres nothing you can do about it!"

Whats the use watching the rest of the ep? Its going to be hard knowing in the end, that rat will still be a diaper wearer.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

The second fight between pikachu and raichu was pretty awesome though.
    Especially pikachu.

There was also some time spent near the end of the episode revisiting the situation with Lt. Surge and his Raichu. Probably for new viewers to learn about the scene which was several years back.
    Last edited by random_person#4840; 4th April 2008 at 7:36 AM.

I should have guess Paul would forced Ash to evolve Pikachu, since he (Paul)only cares about power in pokemon

Yay I've seen the episodes! Pikachu's second battle in this episode was the best I've seen in DP so far. And I like the new version of the ending song. They popped it like the first one.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Bye bye Dustox and Pikachu, Raichu, the Road to evolution! were the best fillers in Sinooh, which is funny considering they're remakes of old episodes. O_o;

This episode actually refreshed my liking of the litle yellow rat, as until now I was very anti-pikachu. the bonding in the episode is great and the recap of the Lt. Surge episode is great too, as it seems nostalgic. Seeing as it was almost certain that we'll never see that character of the day again, I think he will be one of the few that will be remembered.

-Gazz.
    America wasn't ready for a cardboard president, but us Aussies are looking for a neutral leader.

Credit goes to The Thrashmeister for the Boxman banner.

In the words of the most influential man alive, "Let's go Tazy Crazy!"
    I have a brother with down syndrome and I'm proud to be his big brother!
    I own a copy of Pokemon HeartGold! HAHA SUCKAS!
    Diamond FC: 4253 4593 3815 PM me to battle.

I was really expecting alot more effort from the writers than this. It wasn't as good as i thought it should be, abit too predictable.

I really don't care that the "mascot" of Pokemon evolving would have ticked off every kid in Japan. Only older kids like us are the real fans. This episode was another unneeded Pikachu screener, and I wish it had never been made or announced.
    Long ago, when the deity Pokemon of time was born, so did time. Without it, the world would just stand still, no motion or life to make happiness. There is no substitute for the gift of time, which we must use to make good on this earth...

100% Luckyshipper!!!

What i think is weird is, Pikachu was a little injured when Raichu beat it, then it just fainted?!?! And i cant belive Ash actually carries around a Thunderstone, maybe that could mean something for the future? (probably not)
    I am the Piplup master!

My NON HACKED shinies:

Types and natures dont always matter, all that matters is moves and stats, and how much your willing to win! if you agree C+P this into your sig. (started by Jimbobson)

I was surprised Pikachu almost died at the Center via shock, Joy had to break out the defibrilators.

The Thunderstone Ash had was the same one given to him in Electric Shock Showdown, my guess is that Ash kept it in case Pikachu ever changed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dialga View Post
    I really don't care that the "mascot" of Pokemon evolving would have ticked off every kid in Japan. Only older kids like us are the real fans. This episode was another unneeded Pikachu screener, and I wish it had never been made or announced.
    How was it 'uneeded'? It not only clued in the clueless by explaining why exactly Pikachu is the way it is (aka. fans who haven't been watching the show since day 1), but it also helped to expand Pikachu's character a little, and considering how little it actually does in those regards, it was a much needed outing. That's not even mentioning how well choreogrpahed that battle was.

And really, if you're pissed that Pikachu didn't evolve, it's your own fault for being stupid enough to think they'd actually get rid of that cash cow of company mascot in the first place.

Again, I didn't really bother to watch this episode, but I'm gonna consider it now... especially after what I've been hearing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    I doubt Pikachu evolves, but it would be pretty interesting if it did in my opinion, namely, Pikachu itself is (usually) abnormally powerful for its species, so if it evolved, the world as we know it could very well crumble in its wake... for the exaggeration factor, but you get the idea.
    Meh, the writers have the unique ability to access this cool dial that tones down Pikachu's power. How else could it take down some impressive Pokémon one minute, and the next to another Pokémon of lesser or equal qaliber?

Quote Originally Posted by AshfanGirl20 View Post
    Well flashbacks make me cry. Its amazing how Ash kept that thing all these years, I thought he through it away during the Kanto saga. Suprised that the writers remembered that episode. Ask Paul, his appearnce sure was random. Guess to give Ash a pep talk about evolving Pikachu, I'm glad the littl guy didn't though. I like its non evolved form better but that's me.
    Wait... Ash had the ThunderStone the whole time since he got in the Lt. Surge episode 10 years ago? WTF is up with the writers? I knew the love to be inconsistent, but this thing was with them this whole time and they never made any mention of it afterwards? I could have sworn they just left it at the Pokémon Center when they say it. Or... that could be the bad dubbing not giving me every detail. That or I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    This fandom is stupid, only an idiot honestly thought there was a chance for Pikachu to evolve. It is not going to happen.
    And you've been here how long?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    If they show the recap of the Lt Surge episode in the dub, could we get a PUSA redub?
    That'd be assuming we're not getting a narrational recap from Ash or the like. If we do get a redub (as Maddie Blaustein voiced Surge in that ep), I really hope it's not JZ, as it really wouldn't suit him. I'm certain PUSA has the right guy just waiting to voice the part. Heck, I'm almost certain Bill Rogers could voice him if he wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    - Wow, they even went as far as to reprise TR's role from the Surge match.
    - And as a bonus, an entire recap of the aforementioned episode to top it all off. 11 years later, and the hysterically awful stereotype that is Lt. Surge still makes me laugh.
    You know when Pokémon is highly inconsistent is when they're willing to go the whole nine yards for their own mascot and not give a damn about any of the other plot points we've noticed go down the drain this entire time. Official proof that this series is nothing more than an advertisement. A very good and well thought out advertisement. But hey, it's all good in the end.

Honestly though, they're willing to go back in time 10 whole seasons to remember an event, yet they're not willing to go back a mere 4 or 5 seasons to make references to other similar events just to go and blank out their memories.

It's official, this show is directed by a dictator...

Quote Originally Posted by AshfanGirl20 View Post
    Yah what's up with that? I thought Ash/Brock forgot every thing that happened in the past. Oh well nice to know they didn't forget every thing, its just the people they meet over the years they forget aboutXD
    You just wait, the fans will have become happy that they referenced something that far back, and yet when another upcoming episode does something similar, they'll act as if they never even heard of it before. Just you wait, it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bhrettzerda053 View Post
    I don't know if Ash's Pikachu is gonna evolve in this episode because I didn't watch the screenshots yet. But I know one reason why one Pikachu looked at a Thunderstone.
    This our Pikachu, or the trainer's Pikachu we're talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dialga View Post
    You sir, missed the whole premise of this show. Really, only older kids understand the true mechanics of the game and such. Some of the older kids couldn't care less about this show. It's all about the advertisement for the games that make this popular. Not only that, America isn't the center of this show. Thankfully, the center is in Japan, so America is in the minority my friend.

EDIT: to sort out any confusion, I don't hate the mouse. I like him, I just don't like the way they exploit him at every turn.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 4th April 2008 at 3:28 PM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast