You know what I haven't done in ages? A bullet-style review. Here goes!
- Whoop-dee-doo. Another cutesy scene with Pikachu and Piplup screaming in your face about how adorable they are!
- Uh-oh. It's a Pichu, and it is TICKED OFF. Wouldn't surprise me if he also brought along Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, and Young Link.
- Enter filler boy. Enter Raichu. Enter FIERCE FIGHTING!
- Raichu to electricity: "I am here, laughing at you!"
- Hyper Beam, a.k.a. Explosive vomit, a.k.a. Who doesn't have this bloody attack?
- Yay, Jindai cameo. AAAAAHHH! Or, for you dub viewers, that would be NOOOOOO.
- Ah, Lt. Surge flashback. The patriot, the pedophile, the hippie killer, whatever you wanna call him.
- Anyone who says Pikachu has no character these days needs to give this episode a watch.
- Wow, they even went as far as to reprise TR's role from the Surge match.
- And as a bonus, an entire recap of the aforementioned episode to top it all off. 11 years later, and the hysterically awful stereotype that is Lt. Surge still makes me laugh.
All in all, a decent filler accompanied by some stellar BGM that serves as yet another reminder to all the idiots out there in the fandom who have forgotten why Pikachu will never, ever evolve.