Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 262

Thread: Pika and Goliath (542)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    I knew there was going to be Lt. Surge reappearance!!! Though it was only a flashback...

    Still, the guy with the Raichu looked much cooler than your average anime's equivalent to a game's NPC.



  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Somewhere Beyond the Barricade
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    I never expected this to be my reaction prior to watching the episode- but go Meowth! He and Pikachu have such a great relationship at times.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    chasing gengar through a maze
    Posts
    278

    Default

    well i knew it wasnt gonna evolve for 2 reasons
    reason 1 it is one of ashes powerhouses
    reason 2 is if you look at the preview of the wallace episode pika is there

    my bishie is solrock from pokemon a true example of a pokemon who can learn more than just rock and psychic moves through level up


    platinum fc
    jess
    3309 6328 9788

    "i mean what if its just a goofy looking fish you know like a dorkfish"-Bill Engvall


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The US, where else?
    Posts
    409

    Default

    I still wish they hadn't made this episode. It was a very upsetting and useless filler. Why can't they take this episode time and use it to introduce CYRUS?! This anime had better change its pace, or pretty soon, nobody's gonna be watching it.

    Anyways, with that said, I hope those who hated this episode will agree that there need to be some actually heart-wrenching episodes like in the Indigo League. The Contest episode coming up is too late in my opinion, so if I were you, I'd brush this one off as a mistake and look forward to the upcoming Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness special, which will show Piplup, Chimchar, and several new Pokemon finally showing what their voices are like.
    Long ago, when the deity Pokemon of time was born, so did time. Without it, the world would just stand still, no motion or life to make happiness. There is no substitute for the gift of time, which we must use to make good on this earth...

    100% Luckyshipper!!!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dialga View Post
    Anyways, with that said, I hope those who hated this episode will agree that there need to be some actually heart-wrenching episodes like in the Indigo League.
    Ash loosing to his clone was really a lot more heart-wrenching than the Dustox episode,...

    The original is always the best!


    As several people have said already, people who actually expected pikachu to evolve in this episode don´t deserve ANY brain cell in their head at all!
    You are upset that the most impossible thing in the anime doesn´t happen and bash the first, good pikachu centered episode in years because of it?

    I´m speechless.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The US, where else?
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Ash loosing to his clone was really a lot more heart-wrenching than the Dustox episode,...

    The original is always the best!


    As several people have said already, people who actually expected pikachu to evolve in this episode don´t deserve ANY brain cell in their head at all!
    You are upset that the most impossible thing in the anime doesn´t happen and bash the first, good pikachu centered episode in years because of it?

    I´m speechless.
    First Pikachu-centered episode?! Almost every episode in the anime has been centered on Pikachu! I LOL'd at your statement.
    Long ago, when the deity Pokemon of time was born, so did time. Without it, the world would just stand still, no motion or life to make happiness. There is no substitute for the gift of time, which we must use to make good on this earth...

    100% Luckyshipper!!!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Just because Pikachu is in every episode, doesn't mean the focus rests squarely on him alone. It'd be like saying every episode is Meowth centric just because Team Rocket always shows up, which of course isn't the case at all.
    A little thought goes a long way.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Did so many people really think Pikachu would evolve? You don't kill the cash cow.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The US, where else?
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Just because Pikachu is in every episode, doesn't mean the focus rests squarely on him alone. It'd be like saying every episode is Meowth centric just because Team Rocket always shows up, which of course isn't the case at all.
    A little thought goes a long way.
    The episodes are always focused entirely on the main characters. Pikachu is a mascot, a main character, and cute. It doesn't need any more attention.
    Long ago, when the deity Pokemon of time was born, so did time. Without it, the world would just stand still, no motion or life to make happiness. There is no substitute for the gift of time, which we must use to make good on this earth...

    100% Luckyshipper!!!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbobson View Post
    What i think is weird is, Pikachu was a little injured when Raichu beat it, then it just fainted?!?! And i cant belive Ash actually carries around a Thunderstone, maybe that could mean something for the future? (probably not)
    Dude, he got Hyperbeamed short ranged in the face, how can you NOT be injured?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Did anyone else notice the background music during the start of the rematch between Pikachu and Raichu?

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dialga View Post
    The episodes are always focused entirely on the main characters. Pikachu is a mascot, a main character, and cute. It doesn't need any more attention.
    Oh sorry, you're right. Lets just have Pikachu sit around and battle occassionally, and then get into a hissy-fit when the writers actually try to do something with it's increasingly stale personallity.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    I was surprised Pikachu almost died at the Center via shock, Joy had to break out the defibrillators.

    Yeah. That was creepy.

    I mean, how would you feel if you got a hyper beam shot in the face (and up-close for that matter)?
    You'd certainly be in no condition to even try to get up...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA (how vague can you get?)
    Posts
    4,275

    Default

    I've only seen the screenshots of the episode, but I just wanted to say...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dialga View Post
    This episode was STUPID!!

    It gave us no evolution, even after getting our hopes up, and now Pikachu is never gonna evolve, just because it's "strong the way it is". I wanna get a Electrode and Celebi, go to Pokemon Japan, and threaten to blow everyone up unless they change this!
    Getting whose hopes up? They made an episode like this a long time ago saying that Pikachu wasn't going to evolve. Like others, I'm surprised people were hoping that this episode would contradict all that was stated back in the Lt. Surge episode where Pikachu wouldn't evolve.

    (Ash has a better chance of catching Riolu than letting Pikachu evolve, and it's not because "it fits him.")
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

    My Current HeartGold Team:

    If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

    STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

  15. #65

    Default

    I don't know about you guys, but I thought that Sho guy was a cool COTD for some reason. Snazzy vocie, I think.

    I also liked this episode, because it was a rehash but for a different reason...it actually MENTIONED what it was rehashing, which the countless Paras episodes did not and established some continuity.

    However, PAUL AND BRANDON APPEARED REALLY CLOSE TO EACH OTHER! It was bizarre because it really hammers in the fact Shinji aughta be called Nugai.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    A thought:

    Do people really hate Pikachu that much that they get all giddy when the slightest chance of it evolving is presented? Good grief, you make the people who are obssessed with Ash getting Riolu look tolerable. Thank goodness all of the "Pikachu will evolve" statements will be didly squat now (hopefully).

    ...

    Also, I just saw the pictures from Lucario_At_Service, and I gotta say, Raichu looked... mean. I mean, he looked like a bully of sorts. Then Raichu goes all Volt Tackley.

    Well, it seems the writers have actually put thought into these recent eps. I'm impressed.

    ~C_L~


    "I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

    "But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

    - Cobaltios

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your pants.
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dialga View Post
    The episodes are always focused entirely on the main characters. Pikachu is a mascot, a main character, and cute. It doesn't need any more attention.
    Okay dude just stop. Just because a certain Pokemon is in every episode doesnt mean it has ALL the attention. Sometimes in certain episodes you dont even notice pikachu is there.

    The episode was not pointless. Anyone with half a brain could understand why they did this ep. It was to recap an episode that happened 11 years ago for new fans. Why do you think they recapped the Lt Surge Episode from 11 years ago? Because it looks pretty?

    And anyone with a single brain cell would have known it wouldn't have evolved. Pikachu is the most popular Pokemon. If you thought it would have..you sir are not smart. Or Probably never saw the Lt Surge episode at all and didn't pay attention to the recap
    Heart Gold FC 0690 2997 2142

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    797

    Default

    im guessing whoever says Pikachu was going to evolve or wanted him to hasnt been watching Pokemon for that long cause Pikachu is the main Pokemon in the series and if anything happens to it the series would be done

    and another thing why do people keep comparing both the dustox episode and pikachu episode to ones from the first season still? we all know we ....well most watched them already dont need to announce what we just saw

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cape Cod; MA
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Also, I just saw the pictures from Lucario_At_Service, and I gotta say, Raichu looked... mean. I mean, he looked like a bully of sorts.
    I counted, third time out of six appearances for the Raichu being a jerk. So was the Pichu, and of course Sho(really, using Raichu's tail to pin the opponent in place for the Hyper Beam...that's a little overboard).

  20. #70

    Default

    To be honest, if Pikachu evolved into Raichu...um, then what?

    I mean, it'd lose it's WOW factor fast.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The US, where else?
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpop618 View Post
    Okay dude just stop. Just because a certain Pokemon is in every episode doesnt mean it has ALL the attention. Sometimes in certain episodes you dont even notice pikachu is there.

    The episode was not pointless. Anyone with half a brain could understand why they did this ep. It was to recap an episode that happened 11 years ago for new fans. Why do you think they recapped the Lt Surge Episode from 11 years ago? Because it looks pretty?

    And anyone with a single brain cell would have known it wouldn't have evolved. Pikachu is the most popular Pokemon. If you thought it would have..you sir are not smart. Or Probably never saw the Lt Surge episode at all and didn't pay attention to the recap
    Then why don't they do flashbacks to other episodes?!

    I cannot imagine why you liked this episode, when it did nothing for the anime, and didn't even have any chronological effect. It's just another stupid filler, and a soul-crushing one at that.

    And how can you be emotional about a Pikachu in the hospital? Pokemon is too happy-go-lucky nowadays to introduce death. I was actually pretty bored when I saw that.

    Pikachu is NOT the most popular Pokemon anymore. I can name quite a few Pokemon that make Pikachu look small. Lucario, Charizard, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Piplup...there are many other Pokemon that would have been better mascots. Pikachu's powers aren't even legitimate! They affect Ground-type Pokemon, which is supposed to be immune to Electricity.
    Long ago, when the deity Pokemon of time was born, so did time. Without it, the world would just stand still, no motion or life to make happiness. There is no substitute for the gift of time, which we must use to make good on this earth...

    100% Luckyshipper!!!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your pants.
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dialga View Post
    Then why don't they do flashbacks to other episodes?!

    I cannot imagine why you liked this episode, when it did nothing for the anime, and didn't even have any chronological effect. It's just another stupid filler, and a soul-crushing one at that.

    And how can you be emotional about a Pikachu in the hospital? Pokemon is too happy-go-lucky nowadays to introduce death. I was actually pretty bored when I saw that.

    Pikachu is NOT the most popular Pokemon anymore. I can name quite a few Pokemon that make Pikachu look small. Lucario, Charizard, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Piplup...there are many other Pokemon that would have been better mascots. Pikachu's powers aren't even legitimate! They affect Ground-type Pokemon, which is supposed to be immune to Electricity.
    Soul crushing? If it was then Ill be blunt..you're dumb. Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon. I liked the episode because you know they actually did something with Pikachu's personality. They actually did something. They recapped why they showed this episode. Flashbacks? you can't do a flashback for every little thing that happens.

    They introduced death in Pokemon before. If you forgot the first movie then there is a problem.

    Im not saying you have to like this episode. It's just you may have seen the Lt Surge episode 11 years ago. but some 8 year old thats new to pokemon has not. So they don't know why Pikachu is not a Raichu so they make an episode to explain why. It makes sense. Im not trying to start something. Im just saying a blind pothead monkey could have told you Pikachu was not going to evolve.

    Your argument also fails with it being a pointless filler. It does everything for the anime. At least they explained why it won't be a Raichu. Why til the end of the anime there won't be a change. It's about as useful as any gym battle. Would you rather they not explain why Pikachu doesn't evolve? Or even remind everyone why? It could have easily been the 10th anniversary of the Lt Surge episodes airing. you never know
    Heart Gold FC 0690 2997 2142

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    atlantis
    Posts
    322

    Default

    No Pikachu Will Not Evolve It Never Does !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the lord of darkness

    if i wanted to waste my time on you i would tell you so otherwise step back i know where i sleep and where i eat and it isnt near you

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    To be honest, if Pikachu evolved into Raichu...um, then what?

    I mean, it'd lose it's WOW factor fast.
    Seriously. Why people get so worked up about having the exact same thing BUT ORANGE, I'll never know.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon_13 View Post
    No Pikachu Will Not Evolve It Never Does !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And it probably never will. The sooner people accept that the better.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •