Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pika and Goliath (542)

In an attempt to get off the topic of whether Pikachu should have evolved or not . . .

I heard that Team Rocket tried to steal Ash's Thunderstone so that he couldn't use it to evolve Pikachu, and they had it at the end of the episode . . .

That would mean that one of Team Rocket's thefts actually SUCCEEDED! I believe this is the actual first time they had something they tried to steal at the end of an episode (that wasn't a two-parter). This is AMAZING. The writers finally broke the pattern Team Rocket followed for 500 episodes! Will wonders never cease . . . First Jessie winning a contest, and now this!

I really hope they did get the Thunderstone in a theft . . . I've been hoping the writers would do something like this one of these days, but despaired that they ever would. Anything can happen in Diamond and Pearl indeed.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Quote Originally Posted by Isis-sama View Post
    In an attempt to get off the topic of whether Pikachu should have evolved or not . . .

I heard that Team Rocket tried to steal Ash's Thunderstone so that he couldn't use it to evolve Pikachu, and they had it at the end of the episode . . .

That would mean that one of Team Rocket's thefts actually SUCCEEDED! I believe this is the actual first time they had something they tried to steal at the end of an episode (that wasn't a two-parter). This is AMAZING. The writers finally broke the pattern Team Rocket followed for 500 episodes! Will wonders never cease . . . First Jessie winning a contest, and now this!

I really hope they did get the Thunderstone in a theft . . . I've been hoping the writers would do something like this one of these days, but despaired that they ever would. Anything can happen in Diamond and Pearl indeed.
    *clap clap clap* Yippee. Good for them. They deserve a trophy.

Back on topic.

I think it would have been good for Pikachu to evolve. It's a shame they stole the Thunderstone. Does anyone think he'll get it back?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post

Back on topic.

I think it would have been good for Pikachu to evolve. It's a shame they stole the Thunderstone. Does anyone think he'll get it back?
    I doubt he will...EVER.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Back on topic.

Well at the end of the episode TR were discussing with each other on what they should do with the Thunder Stone but i don't know what they said because i don't know japanese.

I want to say....This episode is the best one yet in DP. Whoever says this episode is pointless is completely dim witted.

In your face whoever thought Pikachu is loosing personality and never will gain again (Sorry, couldn't resist it ).

I can never ever ever express my gratitude properly to the writers... such a wonderful episode. Especially the hospital part.

It was necessary for newer fans (like a lot of you have said) and was also necessary for the crazy people who thought Pikachu would evolve.

The 'sorta recap of the Lt. Surge episode' was essential too, and was really nostalogic.

It annoys me so much that some people chant 'stop the stupid fillers like this! Give us training episodes!' This episode has done a lot of character development of Ash and Pikachu. I didn't expect it to be this much.

Well, thats all I can say now.
    Last edited by Seraphen; 8th April 2008 at 1:53 PM.
    Join us, as ICC World Cup 2011 kicks off in Bangladesh on the 17th February, 2011 through the magnificent opening ceremony! We await your arrival. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well at the end of the episode TR were discussing with each other on what they should do with the Thunder Stone but i don't know what they said because i don't know japanese.
    It would be nice if TR caught something that could evolve with a Thunderstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    It would be nice if TR caught something that could evolve with a Thunderstone.
    Not really. Dare I ask what pokemon it is you think will fill this quota?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Good episode overall. Brings back old memories, and they even showed back a portion of the episode of the one in season 1. Paul's unexpected appearance was a plus also.

raichu was so cute + cool in this episode ^_^

There's a flame that leads our souls astray
    No one's safe from its tender touch of pain

And every day it's looking for new slaves
    To celebrate the beauty of the grave

We are like the living dead
    Sacrificing all we have

For a frozen heart and a soul on fire
    We are like the living dead

Craving for deliverance
    With a frozen heart and a soul on fire

-- SPC --
    -- Last.Fm --
    -- Pair/Credit --

Not really. Dare I ask what pokemon it is you think will fill this quota?
    If we go with 'TR has a Thunderstone so one of them will capture a pokemon that evolves through Thunderstone' I think eevee is the most possible candidate for Jessie. It can be found in Sinnoh in the wild, and Jolteon may put up a ravalry with Pikachu.

But again the writers may not give her a Jolteon, its not a sinnoh pokemon

Edit: Finally the orange league!! Yay!
    Join us, as ICC World Cup 2011 kicks off in Bangladesh on the 17th February, 2011 through the magnificent opening ceremony! We await your arrival. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphen View Post
    If we go with 'TR has a Thunderstone so one of them will capture a pokemon that evolves through Thunderstone' I think eevee is the most possible candidate for Jessie. It can be found in Sinnoh in the wild, and Jolteon may put up a ravalry with Pikachu.

But again the writers may not give her a Jolteon, its not a sinnoh pokemon

Edit: Finally the orange league!! Yay!
    Plus I don't think the writers would like seeing Jolteon being blasted of everytime.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Plus I don't think the writers would like seeing Jolteon being blasted of everytime.
    Jolteon doesn't have to be blasted of everytime. Did Dustox blasted of every time?

Plus, Jolteon would do great in contests.

Jolteon doesn't have to be blasted of everytime. Did Dustox blasted of every time?

Plus, Jolteon would do great in contests.
    I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post

I thought this was a great touch. Lots of times, even after rough battles, we see Pokemon look pretty beat up just before collapsing, but here we got to see Pikachu's vision blur, and see the last thing Pikachu saw before it collapsed.
    they actually had the same thing with Buizel after getting hit by a Flash Cannon when Dawn was battling Lucian in the episode "An Elite Meet and Greet"

Really? I never saw that episode! *Runs to LiveVideo!*

Personally, I don't think either of them would suit Jessie.

Personally, I don't think either of them would suit Jessie.
    Err... Yeah. They're definitely not the first choice if you think about Jessie's next capture. But a lot of us couldn't even think how a Gligar/Gliscor would suit Ash. But now they made it suit him. So, they may do the same with Jessie somehow.

Its still really unlikely I guess. If Jessie captures a Kanto pokemon now, when will she capture Sinnoh pokemon? Its too late already....
    Last edited by Seraphen; 11th April 2008 at 4:35 AM.

the writers could re visit previous storylines and have james trade the thunderstone for a magikarp . seriously, i think the thunderstone will be forgotten, just to prove a point that pikachu will never evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by MLock47 View Post
    the writers could re visit previous storylines and have james trade the thunderstone for a magikarp . seriously, i think the thunderstone will be forgotten, just to prove a point that pikachu will never evolve.
    Well, I'm not giving up until I see that Thunderstone fall off the face of the earth.

I don't get why people are so upset over these episodes, sure, they are blatant rip-offs from earlier episodes, but they are GOOD ripoffs from GOOD episodes. I'm glad that they decided to re-mention why Pikachu wont evolve for younger (as well as stupid) fans why Pikachu wont evolve. My god, it's annoying to hear people whine about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MLock47 View Post
    Do we REALLY need to see James anger a Magikarp into evolving AGAIN?

The people that fight Ash are trying to make his Pikachu evolve too much

Read This Please!
    1. I made the trainer card myself! yay! =D
    2. Steven's pic was from Pokesho

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Do we REALLY need to see James anger a Magikarp into evolving AGAIN?
    LOL! That would be just as funny as it was the first time!

I'm not a fan of the rat but loved this episode. Every moment of it.

It's one of those episodes where they make everything seem so real. When they have the goal to put emotion in an episode they do it well. This is something that happened not only in this one but in the Dustox episode too.

However I did not understand Paul in this episode. He was not needed. It was kinda forced especially when he appeared out of nowhere and with no reason.

he's not gonna evolve pikichu is the main character n ash favorite pal if pikachu evolve the plot is gonna seem so outta line
    If rules are meant to be broken, what's the point of having them

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast