Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 121

Thread: Pokemon Dodge it !

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Talking Pokemon Dodge it !

    Hii Guys


        Spoiler:- 'CAN I USE YOUR MAPS FOR MY COMICS?':



    but if you would, read it and give me advice on how i can improve it.
    or things you dont nessessarily like about it then i would really appreciate it.

    i dont really know where im going with it. Im sorta making it up as i go along.
    hense why its so odd and random...

    but anyway here it is so far.

    The Plot.


    Well basically we start off with a girl called Emily. She's already got her starter Pokemon,
    and is just waiting till she decides to go. She uses different techniques in caring for
    Pokemon and looking after them correctly.

    She isn't too sure what she intends to do on her Pokemon journey,
    whether it is to research Pokemon, capture Pokemon, train Pokemon or enter
    Pokemon in contests.

    She meets plenty of people along the way and continues her adventure with them.

    Along side Emily's adventure, Team Rocket play a strong part in Pokemon Dodge it! and are up to know good as usual.
    But only this time it's a whole lot worse.
    Recently strange happenings have been occuring on top
    of what's known as 'MT. Castalway.' due to actions of Team Rocket.
    These happenings interest Emily and she discovers
    the truth behind these recent events.

    Pokemon Dodge it!


    Introduction:

    Episode 1: Nurse Jr.
    Episode 2: Rocket Stranger
    Episode 3: Bubble Saviour
    Episode 4: Cuddly Kecleon
    Episode 5: The Trio
    Episode 6: Stolen
    Episode 7: Catch, catch
    Episode 8: Sakura Cottage
    Episode 9: Goodnight Mystery
    Episode 10: The Intruders
    Episode 11: Stay Strong New

    Main Character Bios:
    Spoilers !

    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/wgt406.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/jh7ue1.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/1zpqyvn.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/163xhz.png[/IMG]

    Fan Character Bios:
    Spoilers !

    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/e8r1ia.png[/IMG]

    If you're interested:

    NOT REQUESTING ANYMORE

    Well i've been thinking for a while advising people to do so,
    but I thought i'd add a section to main page on it.

    Basically.
    if you wanted to perhaps randomly show up somewhen in the comic,
    then feel free to post your character etc. The form is just below.

    Character name:
    Basic Character info:
    Character Sprite(s):
    Pokemon:
    Shiney:
    Attacks:
    Level:
    Gender:
    Other:

    Or...

    If you'd like to suggest something like an idea for a comic.
    Then feel free to do so

    Waiting list:


    Maple Phanphy: Freak - Seviper, Skiploom and Carvanea
    dark_hyde: Shawn Masters - Charizard, Feraligtr, Ambipom, Sceptile, Infernape and Medicham

    Maps:


    Elivanna Town
    Elivanna Town Interiors
    Elivanna Research Fields
    Wil'turf Town
    Wil'turf Cave

    Advertising banners:
    (feel free to make one)

    Credit to caaz:

    HTML Code:
    [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=312253"][img]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/436/pokemondodgeitjy2.png[/img][/URL]

    Put them in your signature

    Credits:

    Everyone on the spriters resource
    Coronis
    PokemonElite2000
    KYLEDOVE especially
    KageX


    Last edited by Pokechuppa; 24th November 2008 at 7:15 PM.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    234

    Default

    I don't see anything special technically.
    1. Give credit to Devicho for the Happiny in the intro.
    2. Give credit to Coronis for the front Pokémon OW's.
    3. Cyndaquil's flames are out on the side (in #1), then the next panel they're not. Make a sprite where he has his flames going.
    4. Commas. Where are they? I see only 2 in the whole comic, but there needs to be more.
    5. Capitilization of the letter I. I see two mistakes where this didn't happen. Panel 7 "How i always get blamed...". Panel 2 "I knew i'd find you here."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Well.
    there wouldn't be anything too 'special' as of yet.
    there is only one comic episode so far.

    im not going to jump straight in a climax everything
    on the first episode now am i :/

    commas, would you like to suggest somewhere then.

    so is there just nothing good about it then?


    EDIT:
    corrected everything.
    Last edited by Pokechuppa; 8th April 2008 at 2:54 PM.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  4. #4
    qwilfishy's Avatar
    qwilfishy is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    hey im new here. ur comic was the first i clicked on. i really like it. the sprites are really good and look professional unlike some of the other comics ive seen on here.
    i think the panels are good and i like the speech bubbles.
    i saw one of your older comics with the shadow pokemon and you've really improved since then with sprites and with layout and speech etc.
    i think eventually when there's a few more comics there will be good story coming from this comic. we will all have to wait and see what you bring out next.

    i dont understand how so little people have commented this so far.
    i think its brilliant.

    good luck.
    hope to see a new episode soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Team Leichi Colorado Base
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwilfishy View Post
    hey im new here. ur comic was the first i clicked on. i really like it. the sprites are really good and look professional unlike some of the other comics ive seen on here.
    i think the panels are good and i like the speech bubbles.
    i saw one of your older comics with the shadow pokemon and you've really improved since then with sprites and with layout and speech etc.
    i think eventually when there's a few more comics there will be good story coming from this comic. we will all have to wait and see what you bring out next.

    i dont understand how so little people have commented this so far.
    i think its brilliant.

    good luck.
    hope to see a new episode soon.
    that's because they are sprites from the games, with possibly slight edits. NOTHING all that extreme to it at all.

    also, the term "JR." is usually used with boys, but i guess it IS used for girls everynow and then. it's just weird. is "nurse jr." female by the way? it's hard to tell with overworld sprites. i would seriously consider giving your character a proper name, like hank, or cory. nurse jr. just, is really bad. it's more of a now and again nickname.

    also, for all around style. you chose a heavily milked style that is overworld. i appologise, but it is a plague, and really should be changed to a different medium, perhaps your OWN sprites, or heavy edits of the ones you have. that does not count for recolors.

    1/5=bad writing, plot is hazy, medium is uncreative and unexpressive. characters lack personal association as "human beings" be them fictional or nonfictional.

    rating would certainly increase if the artist would show a more creative style, instead of a style that a braindead polecat with a flash drive in it's nose could make using a 15 year old computer.

    POKEMON BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 0991 9680 2397
    (X/Y 2191-8614-1988 Friend Safari Pokemon: Charmeleon, Magmar, Ninetails)


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    http://imaginariodisfraz.info
    Posts
    274

    Default

    I can't really say much for this comic as it only has one page.

    With speechbubbles, could you add tails to them to indicate who's talking?Sometimes I got a bit confused on who's talking.

    I don't really think an introduction is necessary.It's just four panels with nothing but text.I just skimmed through it.Introductions really aren't needed as plotlines should speak for themselves.You might think differently on this though as this is a personal peeve of mine.

    Other than that, most of the things have already been said.Please continue to make more comics.I want to see this progress.
    ~freelymew
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II View Post
    Let me get this straight - you want to kill yourself because your favorite anime got new voice actors.
    ...
    Is there anywhere that I can go to secede from the planet?
    Come visit Imaginario Disfraz--my art website

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundam_remake View Post
    also, the term "JR." is usually used with boys, but i guess it IS used for girls everynow and then. it's just weird. is "nurse jr." female by the way? it's hard to tell with overworld sprites. i would seriously consider giving your character a proper name, like hank, or cory. nurse jr. just, is really bad. it's more of a now and again nickname.

    well of course its a girl.
    its a typical nurse joy. but in this case being younger got the name nurse jr.
    maybe thats not as self explanatory as i intended it to be...

    Quote Originally Posted by gundam_remake View Post
    also, for all around style. you chose a heavily milked style that is overworld. i appologise, but it is a plague, and really should be changed to a different medium, perhaps your OWN sprites, or heavy edits of the ones you have. that does not count for recolors.

    since there is just one episode, based in a lab, mainly all the panels are the lab too...
    surely its wrong to question the sprites i use.
    yes, emily is simply a recolour, i dont disagree with that.
    but since its mainly in one room surely its wrong to make such a judgement.
    im not arguing with you.
    i just want to make sure its all clear.

    Quote Originally Posted by gundam_remake View Post
    1/5=bad writing, plot is hazy, medium is uncreative and unexpressive. characters lack personal association as "human beings" be them fictional or nonfictional.

    rating would certainly increase if the artist would show a more creative style, instead of a style that a braindead polecat with a flash drive in it's nose could make using a 15 year old computer.
    hmmm... well i do intend to show very soon such a alternative style
    so i hope you will reconsider your low rating till then.

    thankyou for the advice.

    i have taken it into account
    and the next few comics will be showing that,

    x
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Default new episode

    Episode 3: Bubble Saviour New

    tell me what you think.

    thanks
    Pokechuppa x
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    311

    Default

    You're Comic is great but Not brilliant.

    I really like the Intro and how it looks, but the speech bubbles need some work.
    Sometimes they are unnecessary Big and it's hard to tell who's saying that.
    And You're Grammar can also be a bit better.

    Oh and for Overworld maps and etc. : Never mix up RSE Tiles with the FR/Lf Tiles.
    Because they are both from a different point of view.

    The looks and the sprites are awesome and neatly done.
    The Grammar needs some attention here and there.

    Anyway I'm watching this Comic :]
    Forgotten.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wish i lived in Spear Pillar
    Posts
    228

    Default

    The plot is just ok not great but the sprite quality is better than most comics.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In the shadows behind you...
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Hmm, This comic is kinda good, NO!, its REALLY good, the stroy isn't too cilc'h yet isn't too dumb, the sprite quality is GREAT! I'm going to wait forward for the next strip.

    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by XxSaintx View Post
    Manaphy always reminded me of an anorexic elephant.
    Nuff said.


    A Comic that should not be avoided

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Post

    Thanks for all the comments guys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyran View Post
    the speech bubbles need some work.
    Sometimes they are unnecessary Big and it's hard to tell who's saying that.
    And You're Grammar can also be a bit better.

    Oh and for Overworld maps and etc. : Never mix up RSE Tiles with the FR/Lf Tiles.
    Because they are both from a different point of view.
    Well aboyut the speech bubbles it was only the first episode where
    i hadn't made sure it was clear who was saying what. But i thought
    in later episodes i'd corrected that?

    And apart from the background to the battle in the sky, i hadn't realised
    i'd mixed any RSE and LF tiles?


    Quote Originally Posted by gogaomon View Post
    The plot is just ok not great but the sprite quality is better than most comics.
    If you have any advice gogaomon on how i can improve the plot,
    it would be appreciated.


    Quote Originally Posted by MaplePhanpy View Post
    Hmm, This comic is kinda good, NO!, its REALLY good, the stroy isn't too cilc'h yet isn't too dumb, the sprite quality is GREAT! I'm going to wait forward for the next strip.
    Aha, thankyou MaplePhanpy. Positive comments do encourage me to continue.
    Yeah, i'm trying my best to not make it all too cliche.
    I don't know when the next episode will be up.
    Few days?
    We'll see.

    Keep the comments coming.
    I do really appreciate them, whatever they may be.

    Thanks then
    Pokechuppa x
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    No clue but it has a computer
    Posts
    236

    Default

    I must say... these are some of the best comics Ive ever seen. Your Sprites are great, the story so far is good, and your being very original for a journey comic. The only thing I think it could use is maybe a few more jokes... inless your going for a major drama comic, thats all it really needs. Ill keep reading them, if you keep makin them. Best of luck to your comics.

    From:
    Fred

    Who wants to be a
    Pokemon Master?
    ^Click for Comic^

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Default New episode!

    Episode 4: Cuddly Kecleon

    tell me what you think.
    and thankyou fred. i really appreciate positive comments.

    Pokechuppa x
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    No clue but it has a computer
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokechuppa View Post
    Episode 4: Cuddly Kecleon

    tell me what you think.
    and thankyou fred. i really appreciate positive comments.

    Pokechuppa x
    Im glad to give positive feed back to people who know atleast some what how to sprite and make comics... as of latly 50% of the new stuff around here is made by people who have either never made a comic before and is just tossing it together... or dont really care what so ever what others think and go on making them the way that makes them crappy... now I did other do it by saying " one of the best comic's Ive read ", I ment style wise, but... still a very good comic. Ill be sure to keep reading it

    Who wants to be a
    Pokemon Master?
    ^Click for Comic^

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    87

    Default

    very interesting comic i like the battle scene very good and creative keep up the good work

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Konoha & Risembool
    Posts
    1,953

    Default

    I'm loving it so far, so I want to be in it...if I'm able to.

    Character name: Sakura
    Basic Character info: A bit like May & Dawn from the Anime
    Character Sprite(s): Flannery (can she have brown hair & (Pokesho or shiny) Glaceon color for her clothes.
    Pokemon: Leafeon & Glaceon
    Shiney: Only Leafeon
    Attacks:
    : Leaf Blade, Razor Leaf, Grass Whistle & Mega Drain
    : Blizzard, Ice Beam, Ice Fang & Mirror Coat
    Level: 30-, 35-
    Gender: female for , male for
    Other: Loves Contests as well as battles.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Thanks guys.
    Light Venasaur, ive got all your characters ready,
    but as i use FR/LG tiles ive remade Flannery to that scheme.
    She won't be up in an episode straight away,
    but as soon as she can, she shall be

    Thanks.
    Keep the comments coming x
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In the shadows behind you...
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Nice new strip, Though Abby's bio is unoriginal -.-

    Anyways, I saw Light Venasaur's post and I though 'Whats the heck!', so I maid I charecter that I hope you will add =)

    Name: Kenneth, but he hates to be called like that so he calls himself Freak
    Basic Info: He is 8 years old but is Smart like some old guy with a master degree in Smartassness, but he is mean and an Egoist
    He rides his pokemon insted of walking since he is so small.
    Spirite: Overwold is Young school boy sprite from RSE, Battle is the same, only with dark black hair and thick glasses
    Pokemon: Land travling and Main battler-Seviper, Flying-Skiploom, Water travling-Carvanea, All males.
    Shineys: none
    Moves: Seviper: Posion Fang, Quick attack (specialy trained to be fast), Dig and Swagger. Skiploom: Fly and Spore. Carvanea: Surf, Bite and Aqua Jet.
    Levels: Seviper - 41, Skiploom - 23, Carvanea - 26.
    Others: he has a Phobia from Salty foods
    Quote Originally Posted by XxSaintx View Post
    Manaphy always reminded me of an anorexic elephant.
    Nuff said.


    A Comic that should not be avoided

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Default

    AHA. Im definately redoing it. Dont worry.
    I didnt realise how cliche it was.
    A mix between Misty and Ash i guess.

    i will incorporate your character too.
    eventually.
    maybe a double battle :O in like a battle tower :O
    ooooh.



    comments are always appreciated.
    thanks x
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Ends of the Earth
    Posts
    140

    Default

    It's okay... But I would watch your grammer. It's a big turn-off.
    I don't know why people are calling the plot cliche, seeing how she hasn't even really started anything yet...
    In conclusion, just work on building up the plot in sequencial order, and making the characters seem more real.
    And maybe crack a joke now and again just to keep your readers reading.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengar25 View Post
    It's okay... But I would watch your grammer. It's a big turn-off.
    My grammar?
    An example..?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengar25 View Post
    I don't know why people are calling the plot cliche, seeing how she hasn't even really started anything yet...
    I agree. All that's happened is theyve battled and gone into a cave.
    But there's alot coming up in the next episode which will give my comic,
    its uniqueness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengar25 View Post
    In conclusion, just work on building up the plot in sequencial order, and making the characters seem more real.
    And maybe crack a joke now and again just to keep your readers reading.
    Personalities of my Characters is what i'm working on at this moment.

    Keep commenting guys.
    Will get the new comic up, maybe tonight.
    Dont know

    if not it will be up by tomorrow night for sure.

    Pokechuppa x
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Default New episode

    *ignores the double post D;*

    Episode 5: The Trio

    Let me know what you think about.
    As always

    xxx
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,145

    Default

    This is actually very good. I especially like the little funny tidbits, like with the Spearow and
    the Kecleon. The sprites are very good, too. The battle scenes were fantastic.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    This is actually very good. I especially like the little funny tidbits, like with the Spearow and
    the Kecleon. The sprites are very good, too. The battle scenes were fantastic.
    Thankyou.
    Its nice to hear compliments about the humour.
    Alot of people comment me about how i should add more humour,
    and i do appreciate their views and opinions.
    But im not going for a funny comic.
    Its serious and it has a point.

    But i will put little bits like that in every now and again.


    Will have an update possibly tonight.
    Most likely will tomorrow.

    Keep commenting x
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/jfbwv7.png[/IMG]
    Ethina Forever.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •