Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon The Abridged Series

Default Pokemon The Abridged Series

As many of you know, there are a lot of Abridged series out there on Youtube. Pokemon is pretty well-known as a major anime with a lot of attempted Abridged Series, but only one (Captain Awesome) has ever been considered 'good' by most.

Until now.

I've gone to great lengths to start my own Pokemon Abridged Series, as Capt. Awesome has gotten suspended from Youtube, and never returned. I ask those of you at Serebii.net to watch and critique it yourself if you will...

The channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/PokemonAbridgedFTW . Rate/Comment/Enjoy!

LOL that is hilarious!!!
    5 stars
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

Typically I am extremely offended by, and whole-heartedly despise, any abusive parodies of my favorite hobby. And I guess that was still pretty offensive.

But it was also the funniest thing I've seen in months! As long as you keep it that funny, without completely destroying Pokemon's reputation, then I'd say you're pretty talented. Good job!

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Typically I am extremely offended by, and whole-heartedly despise, any abusive parodies of my favorite hobby. And I guess that was still pretty offensive.

But it was also the funniest thing I've seen in months! As long as you keep it that funny, without completely destroying Pokemon's reputation, then I'd say you're pretty talented. Good job!
    I agree with this message.

But that's the thing: I'm not so much as making fun of Pokemon, as I am putting a different spin on it. I love the Pokemon anime, which is why I chose to do this. Any jokes about the anime is usually something along the lines that most fans think. Such as when Ash and co. make completely illogical moves or don't see through Team Rocket's obvious disguises.

However, I'm glad you guys like it so far! Thanks for the positive feedback!

In before LittleKuriboh, the creator of the first Abridged Series.
    In before Yu-Gi-Oh! the Abridged Series, the first Abridged Series.

I watched the 1st episode, which is not a bad video. Lulz.
    If you think that "If you [insert activity here], put this in your sig. (Started by [user])" is stupid, put this in your sig. (started by blitzerzero, who may also be known as blitzer, C.C. Blitzer, Atmos Blitzer, AxelleBlitzer, LeonidasBlitzer, Axelle (despite gender), Romanoff Kaiser NEX Blitzer, Violence Thunder Blitzer, and Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer. Yeah, I have many names.)

Crap you beat me to the punch. whoops wasn't supposed to say that!!!
    Wandering Trainer with A Mysterious Past......
    FC:0216-1314-5642
    Former Leader

Made by Brutaka

It's actually pretty funny! A few too long awkward silences. My favorite is Episode 3 so far (I like Caterpie's character!), and I'm still in the middle.

EDIT: Aw man! You killed him!
    Last edited by -BJ-; 10th April 2008 at 6:27 AM.
    Remember kids, trolls are here to prepare you for the real world! Listen to them!

and

Don't talk about hackers! They're very sensitive!

I like episode three too
    Wandering Trainer with A Mysterious Past......
    FC:0216-1314-5642
    Former Leader

Made by Brutaka

This has it's funny moments.

My favorite part so far is what the Pokedex says about Metapod.

=^_^=

XD
    PSN: iluvwobbuffet
    Xbox: iluvwobbuffet

Okay, first, why call it the abridged series? I mean, if you're gonna make a carbon copy of Yugioh TAS, why do it so obivous? I guess you did a decent job though, it was pretty funny sometimes. I really noticed each episode got a little better. Most Abridged series don't get past episode 5 or so though, so uhm, good luck
    You know it does

"Don't be emo, Caterpie. Don't be emo"!

That is really hillarious! I laught like crazy. One thing only is annoying - no female voices.

'What an improvement' 'yeesh'

Absolutely hilarious, great work!
    Latest Shiny - Mudkip
    Shiny Dex: 53
    FC: 0146-9884-2064 / Fighting Type: Riolu, Mienfoo and Sawk.
    ~
    Shadow Stars Psychic Gym Leader / Master League Ghost Gym Leader / PokeGyms Bug Gym Leader

'This is Pidgeotto; it eats bugs, specifically caterpie..... and thats about it.'
    'Metapod, the evolved form of Caterpie. It can no longer attack... What an improvement!'

Love the Pokedex

That was the best Abridged Pokemon series I've seen.
    Last edited by Dusk; 10th April 2008 at 1:38 PM.

Wow, this was much funnier than I expected it to be. Good job.

Ash: "But I don't believe in evolution"

hehe

I have got to give you props. You've got an excellent series there.

GIVE US MOAR!!!!
    Something about Pokabu, right?

Put this in your sig if you think Profesco is hot (started by Ethan)

You know, I thought you doing every voice yourself was impressive. There's a decent enough range of sound there.

Oh, and I suppose you get bonus points for the Pokedex. Easily the most enjoyable aspect!

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys! And don't worry, my friends and I are hard at work for Episode Five! Wait'll you meet Brock and his fam. . .

Wow, that was quite good, I mean really good. I enjoyed your selection with music, using original game music, and even stuff from the Brawl Soundtrack(Porky's Theme comes to mind), James was gay(an obvious but funny choice), something about Meowth makes me burst with laughter. Ash has a thick head(again, seemed like the obvious choice but it works), Pikachu is funny also, his script atleast. Caterpie was funny till ya know, Pinsir. And Ashes "replacement" is pretty sweet also. Overall a great parody, I have not seen a good "Abridged Seires" in a while, thanks for posting this.

When I heard it was guys doing voice overs. I thought "Wonderful, its a couple of immature 15 year olds who will do nothing but f bomb and think its funny". But it was very well done and hilarious

Well done. Though some parts were a little boring, it kept me interested. Though I don't think Youtube videos are allowed here.

this is amazing

Glad a lot of you like it. Anyways, just added a new episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU7mmeUC1zw

Again, if this is in the wrong place, mods please move it, or tell me if/where this should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Master WGS View Post
    Glad a lot of you like it. Anyways, just added a new episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU7mmeUC1zw

Again, if this is in the wrong place, mods please move it, or tell me if/where this should be.
    Yeah the new episode roxs!!!
    Well actually I haven't watched it yet because I'm in the middle of listening to a song but I'm sure it's awesome.
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

You have something here. It is really funny!

.:my future black team:.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast