Thread: The new COTD: Magician of Faith

Default The new COTD: Magician of Faith

So, first and all. Your first new COTD! We're gonna be counting down the top 10 cards, so here's number 10!:

Magician of Faith
    LIGHT
    [Spellcaster/Effect]
    FLIP: Select 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard. Add the selected to your hand.
    [300/400]

Low stats, but a powerful effect. This card can be a godsend. Get back a Vortex, Reborn, any lost spell in fact.
    The small stats won't stand up to much, so Piercers can be a problem, but in our current meta, we don't see
    many of those, do we?
    Sadly, and happily, this card was banned as of March '08, so tis only a Traditional card, but hopefully, in the future,
    this card will once again tirumph, and bring it, and its best mate, Apprentice Magician, will once again come out
    of the grave.

Adv:0/5 (Hello, banned?)
    Trad:5/5 (A few Piercers here, but you have Rageki)

Art:3/5

My review, quickly typed up, as my other is on my other computer :S.

Hope you enjoyed it, now wait for Freya!

Quote Originally Posted by Magician of Faith
    Magician of Faith
    LIGHT
    [Spellcaster/Effect]
    FLIP: Select 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard. Add the selected to your hand.
    [300/400]
    Quite an amazing card really, first we will take a look at her stats, nothing to brag about at all...1 star, 300/400, doesnt seem like much at all as far as raw stats. Though this became such a overused card due to her effect. With the ability to fish out any spell why would you pass her up? There are alot of cards this work with, Reborn, Premature, Vortex, etc. etc. Even use it on Limited cards to get a second use out of it. An excellent addition to any deck...before she got banned of course. The low defense of hers though could be a problem to any piercing damage, though that is quite rare now a days.

Advanced: 0/5 Real shame she got banned. =/
    Traditional: 5/5 An obvious staple that can work in any deck.
    Art: 2/5 Meh.

@ cybermew: I wasnt sure if you wanted me to make a separate thread or not, so I posted this here.

Yes, post away. I will also make a seperate thread index, and if he may do so, Yami Ron may lock these after each of us post.

Magician of Faith, a truly fantastic card.

In my Battery deck, MoF was very important, being able to recover Inferno Reckless Summon, Battery Charger or Lightning Vortex for my OTK was great.

But it is banned now, and I have to be more careful T_T

Adv: 0/5 - Banned *sob*
    Trad: 5/5 - Staple in any deck.
    Art: 1/5 - Don't like it...
    Last edited by Raiburuto; 15th April 2008 at 11:13 AM.

Errmmm....Rai.....I thought it was just me and Freya doing this....not anyone else.