Thread: Team Galactic month!

Cool Team Galactic month!

Some of us on tumblr are throwing a month-long celebration of all things Galactic and we'd like you all to join us! It goes from Dec 15th to Jan 15 (ending and beginning dontcha know) and anything is welcome. Fics, art, playlists, cosplay, and especially discussion!

Let's give props to our favorite omnicidal space cadets!
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Team Galactic were probably my favorite group of characters from D/P/Pt tbh. Mars and Saturn in particular are my favorite Galactic members and I really liked Team Galactic's extremist methods used to reach their goals; their Galactic Bomb scheme at Lake Valor comes to mind.

Default Galactic Boss Cyrus

Did you struggle in your battle to save Sinnoh or was conquering Cyrus an easy feat for you?

Did you come prepared with a strategy or did you just wing it with your strongest team members? Tell your stories here.

For me, I struggled with Cyrus quite a bit. My initial strategy was a Gliscor Swords Dance sweep, but this was soon dispelled by a 4X Ice Weakness and an overly speedy Weavile.

My second ploy was a Mach Punch Infernape (since it's supereffective againt Weavile & Houndoom) but again I was outsped by a Crobat with Confuse Ray.

My final strategy was an all out power attack with Dragon Fang/Dragon Claw Garchomp for a powerful stab which managed to finish the match off. It seems like speed was a huge issue within the match for me personally.

Pokemon Omega Ruby: Badges: 6
    Pokemon X Badges: 1
    Pokemon Platinum: Badges:7
    Pokemon Emerald Badges: 3
    Pokemon Leaf Green Badges: 8

I merged the above post with this thread, since they're similar and one Galactic thread should be enough.~

Anyway, Team Galactic is definitely my favourite evil team in Pokemon so far. It's kind of hard for me to explain why, but I guess I just really liked everything you have to do in the games to stop them (e.g. climbing up Mt. Coronet to the Spear Pillar was pretty epic) and Cyrus's backstory was interesting to me.

And of course, the designs. I love their spacesuit-like outfits and the hairstyles of Cyrus and the commanders in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by EspNeon View Post
    Did you struggle in your battle to save Sinnoh or was conquering Cyrus an easy feat for you?
    Did you come prepared with a strategy or did you just wing it with your strongest team members? Tell your stories here.
    For me, I struggled with Cyrus quite a bit. My initial strategy was a Gliscor Swords Dance sweep, but this was soon dispelled by a 4X Ice Weakness and an overly speedy Weavile.
    My second ploy was a Mach Punch Infernape (since it's supereffective againt Weavile & Houndoom) but again I was outsped by a Crobat with Confuse Ray.
    My final strategy was an all out power attack with Dragon Fang/Dragon Claw Garchomp for a powerful stab which managed to finish the match off. It seems like speed was a huge issue within the match for me personally.
    Playing through DP for the first time, I had to wing it since I don't think I knew what Pokemon Cyrus used in advance. I think I mainly relied on Empoleon and Hippowdon, but that was a long time ago so I don't remember too well.
    On later DP playthroughs and on Platinum, I just relied on exploiting his Pokemon's weaknesses. I usually have a team that can hit every one of his Pokemon for Super Effective damage.

I don't remember struggling with the Cyrus battles in any game, but the final one in Platinum was a bit tough the first time I played that game. His team was pretty good imo and I think I lost a couple Pokemon after they failed to OHKO his.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; Today at 1:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EspNeon View Post

In my Japanese Diamond I had no idea how strong his team was so I winged it when I battled him those two times. In my English Diamond and Pearl though, I had an easier time since I came prepared. My memory of Platinum is a little foggy though; I don't recall how I fared against Cyrus in that version. :x

I found him easy, but then I had hyperleveled beforehand.

I love how TG raises moral issues. How far is too far to go for justice? Is violence in the name of peace justified? What can be attributed to an abusive past before the actions become soley the person's responsibility? And so on.

Plus, I gotta say, there's something funny hiding in the team. Cyrus's ideal world is logical, emotionless, and full of bowlcuts. His ideal world is the planet Vulcan (and yes I know Vulcans aren't really emotionless but neither is he).
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)