Thread: Poketch Apps - Your Favourites?

Default Poketch Apps - Your Favourites?

We've had threads like this before, so why not again. =)

Simple question: Which Poketch app(s) did you like the most, and why?

List of apps.

My personal favourites include:
    Digital Watch: because it's always useful to know what the time is, especially when you've been playing for several hours.
    Counter: I find it useful for keeping track of EVs while EV training.

My favorites, and the ones I used the most, were the following:

Digital Clock: I like keeping track of time while playing without having to use my watch. This was incredibly helpful regarding that, and I always used this app if I weren't doing anything that required me to use another. I liked how this carried over to 5th gen with the C-Gear that always displayed time, too bad it was dropped in 6th gen.
    Pedometer (which I have always called the "Step Counter", but whatever): Awesome while training with the VS. Seeker as you could simply check how many steps you had left before reaching 100 again.
    Friendship Checker: Made it easy to check the Friendship level of my Party Pokemon. Useful for ones that evolve through Friendship.
    Day Care Checker: Incredible while breeding, made it possible to see if there was an egg without having to be in Solaceon Town, and made it possible to see the levels of the Pokemon currently in the Day-Care without having to speak to the Day-Care Lady.

These were the main ones I used. Apart from them, I also liked the Berry Searcher, Pokémon History, Marking Map, Calendar and Dot Artist apps, though I didn't use them as much as my main four for various reasons. The Dowsing app was also probably extremely useful for finding hidden items, but I never used it much (especially compared to HG/SS and 5th gen where I used the Dowsing Machine all the time while playing through the main storyline and exploring new areas). Many people seem to have liked using the Counter App for EV-training, but I never did that, I just went with the traditional pen and paper for keeping track of my EVs.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

I don't really have a favorite Poketch app per se, but I do appreciate the Calculator app and Memo Pad; the latter is fun at least. Also the Friendship Checker is pretty useful for friendship evolution purposes and the Day Care Checker makes breeding Eggs less of a hassle.

The HP checking one was pretty useful, and so was the friendship checker. By going through that list, I realized that I only ever got like half of those apps in past experiences. I hope that in the future if we ever get DPPt remakes, they keep the Poketch but modernize it.
    Planned ORAS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    Pedometer (which I have always called the "Step Counter", but whatever): Awesome while training with the VS. Seeker as you could simply check how many steps you had left before reaching 100 again.
    The pedometer was another one of my favourites! I had forgotten how useful it was when recharging the VS Seeker.
    I mostly used it while hatching eggs, though, since I liked being able to keep track of how many steps it took for my eggs to hatch

Did anyone else like the roulette app? My sister and I used to have a lot of fun drawing various options on it and then making up games to go along with it.

I find Day-Care Checker,Step Counter and Dowsing Machine the most useful of all apps.But Happiness Checker,Berry Checker and Marking Map are helpful,too.Too bad the Marking Map uses the same generic face image for all the legendaries,unlike in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

The color changer app was pretty cool, I always changed mine to blue :3

But overall I was always using the dowsing machine app, I went everywhere with it!

When I battle I play as Kris!
    Name: Alexis | FC: 3969-5554-2965

I am playing through Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness yay :]
    ~*My Trade Shop: I received my own Shiny Gengar via code!!*~