Page 180 of 208 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 5185

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

So I began a Platinum Nuzlocke run, and started with Turtwig. I did all the usual start of game stuff, and headed to JUbilife City, cathing myself a male and female Starly on the way, Naming them Dot (female) and Dingle (male). I met Looker, and headed north and caught a Budew, which I named Dekka. I got the Poketch, and went to the trainer's school, where Dingle was brutally murdered. I then battled Barry, winning closely.

I went to the Oreburgh Gate, cathing Storm, the Psyduck there. I got Roark back in his Gym, and after catching Blair the Ponyta, defeated him without too much trouble.

Ok, I had just finish most of the game in Platinum, I was going through Snowpoint temple to get the items, when suddenly I encountered a Shiny Golbat. I used a Quick ball which failed so I used Dusk ball which succeeded. After that I battle some gymleaders again at the house in the Survival area.

Defeated the pokemon league, now I'm waiting for my friend to come online, in order to send me the lake trio and Rotom for pokedex (I don't want to touch them now, as I'm going to SR them).
    Death metal isn't a hobby, death metal is a lifestyle.

Like my rock/metal band!

I headed to Floaroma Town, and battled with Team Galactic at the meadow, where Dot evolved into Staravia. I then went to Valley Windworks to confront Galactic, and added Sizzle the Buizel to my team. Sadly, Blair died fighting Mars, but I won in the end. Heading up to Eterna Forest I met with Cheryl, and traveled through the forest. Against two Psychics who had two HP Fighting Abras (stupid hax), Storm also died. Platinum evolved while training in Eterna Forest. I countinued to Eterna City, capturing Zena the Combee, and Iroh the Bronzor.

Pokemon:
    Platinum (Grotle)
    Dot (Staravia)
    Dingle (Starly) Deceased
    Dekka (Budew)
    Storm (Psyduck) Deceased
    Blair (Ponyta) Deceased
    Sizzle (Buizel)
    Iroh (Bronzor)
    Zena (Combee)

I feel the most useful way to catch up on what's been going on in the interim is to look at my journal.

Journal excerpts Aug 1 - Aug 8th

Pearl: Battled Marco at Route 210
    Got MIKY's Tauros from GTS (Spanish one)
    Went underground and met my Plat persona 32 in order to catch me a Spiritomb
    Mixed records between Platinum, Diamond, Pearl and Mrs. Pkmn's Diamond
    Caught some Pokémon from an old Sapphire save in the Pal Park
    Started breeding Japanese Spiritomb and English Spiritomb to see if I can up my collection of blue shiny Pokémon
    Put Spiritomb on GTS and got a Voltorb from Song (uknown location)

Platinum
    Trying to find a Nidoran-F. Oh! There's one, mid-message. Hurrah.
    Levelling up Sandshrew to evolve and have a Pichu with a Soothe Bell.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

I battled Gardenia, raping her on taost with Dot. i then went to Team Galactic's building, where I trained against the grunts, and defeated Jupiter and her Skuntank. Skuntank almost killed Dot, but I prevailed througha combination of Dot and Platinum. Iroh died somewhere, but I can't remember how. Never liked him anyway.

I then went down cycling road, and into Wayward Cave's secret entrance, hoping to get a Gible. I was lucky enough to run into one, which I named Ruto. She mauls everything. Including my team trying to catch her.

I then continued to Hearthome City, where I got Finbar the Eevee from Bebe. Impossible to train the little foxy guy, only damaging move is Tackle. And why won't Dekka evolve ;_;

Pokemon:
    Platinum (Grotle)
    Dot (Staravia)
    Dingle (Starly) Deceased
    Dekka (Budew)
    Storm (Psyduck) Deceased
    Blair (Ponyta) Deceased
    Sizzle (Buizel)
    Iroh (Bronzor) Deceased
    Zena (Combee)
    Ruto (Gible)
    Finbar (Eevee)

I've finally started catching legendaries.
    First one was Azelf. Took me a few hours hunting for a Timid nature and high IVs. It was hard to catch.
    Now I'm hunting for a Modest Heatran with Hidden Power grass 65+. It will take much longer.

Like my rock/metal band!

About to do my very first Nuzlocke.
    I choose to do it on my Pearl as that was the Pokémon game I did the least with. Already traded the importand Pokémon towards an other game card. Only traded 3, the Crown Beasts. All the other Pokémon that were on it were not very special. I trained the strong Pokémon that were in it already in other games like my Diamond and Platinum.

I'm going to use Chimchar as my starter. Never used one before as I don't really liked it. But I'll give it a shot as I trained a Piplup in my Diamond and Tutwig in my Pearl and Platinum walkthrough.
    I hope I will be able to use it well.

I'm going with the rule if one of my Pokémon faints, I put them permanetly in my box instead of releasing them. I'm also going to nickname all of the Pokémon I catch.

I've stated the game and deleted the save file.
    Called my Character "Drac" Because "Dracoste" couldn't fit. I really though the max was 8 characters, not 7. Oh well, Drac is fine.
    It took a while to come up with a name for my rival. But in the end I called my rival "Dj".

Got to lake Verity and choose Chimchar as my starter. It was female. And I named her Pearl.
    Last edited by Dracoste; 9th August 2011 at 7:08 PM.
    The absence of fear does not mean the presence of courage…
    Merely a lack of brains…

Started a Nuzlocke on Platinum. I'm very obsessed with Nuzlockes, It seems.

Choose my gender and named myself ''wolfie''. Choose Barry as my rivals name, couldn't be bothered to make something up. Choose as my starter, decided to call him Nocktin. Went to Sandgem, got the pokčdex, blah blah blah.

Caught a , which was sort of a shame, I was hoping to catch a or . Named him Carmon and started training them both. Got to Jubilife, Met Looker, went to catch something in the grass up north. Found a female , caught her and named her Dot. Leveling again. Battled some trainers, then battled Barry. Nocktin took out his , and Dot took out his . Easy, he wasn't hard. Found an Abra, the little jerk teleported away. Went into the cave, got Rock Smash, and caught a female whom I named Nosfera. Went to battle a bit in the mine, Lou the joined the team. Taught her Rock Smash. Got Rorak back to the gym, then went to train in the grass up north. Male called Samuel was caught. Toughened him and Dot up, then challenged the gym. The gym trainers were cake-walk, But Rorak was harder. His almost gave me a heart attack as it got Samuels HP down to 5. Won eventually, no deaths.

Got up to Flomora Town, and found a . Sent out Carmon to weaken her, She used Water Pulse, and guess what. Critical hit. Carmon fainted. ''What did you just do?!'' I exclaimed , yes, I talk to my game. Sent out Lou, who was a few levels above the . Mud-Slap didn't hurt Lou much. Lou used tackle, taking off a few HP points. Water Pulse. Crit again. Lou fainted. I was really annoyed with this now, Sent out Dot and used Bullet Seed. Got her HP down and threw a Pokčball. ''You better get in the damn ball.''. Caught her, Named her Tammy. She's not my best friend right now, though.

Beat Mars with Samuel and Nocktin, Nocktin evolved. Went up to the forest, grinding levels atm.

Pokčmon count:

Nocktin, , Male. Naive nature.

Dot, , Female. Bashful nature.

Nosfera, , Female. Sassy nature.

Samuel, , Male. Lax nature.

Tammy, , Female. Relaxed Evil nature.

Body count: 2

Plat update:

-got Milotic to level 100!

I trained my Pokemon and headed to the Hearthme Gym to battle Fantina. I swear to god, Haunter was designed to be annoying as hell. "Haunter used Hypnosis!" "Dot fell asleep!" "Dot woke up" "It hurt itself in confusion!" "Haunter used Hypnosis!"

Ugh.

After a tough battle, Dot and Platinum managed to defeat Fantina's Pokemon. I should really stop using those two. I then left Hearthome, and battled Barry. His Pokemon were a lot stronger than mine, but I managed to pull off a win without any casualties. Ruto evolved into Gabite battlling some trainers on the way to Solaceon. Awesome. I also captured Marni the Chansey, luckily.

When I got to Solaceon, I headed to the ruins where I found a Thunderstone, which I used to evolve Finbar. I then put my new Jolteon in the Daycare, since he was only lv 20. And Dekka still won't evolve. WHY DEKKA WHY.

Edit: She finally evolved. I forced some Poffins (what are they anyway?) down her throat, and she evolved out of happiness. Took her long enough.

Pokemon:
    Platinum (Grotle)
    Dot (Staravia)
    Dingle (Starly) Deceased
    Dekka (Budew)
    Storm (Psyduck) Deceased
    Blair (Ponyta) Deceased
    Sizzle (Buizel)
    Iroh (Bronzor) Deceased
    Zena (Combee)
    Ruto (Gabite)
    Finbar (Jolteon)
    Marni (Chansey)
    Last edited by Valoo.; 14th August 2011 at 1:48 PM.

Started over on Platinum, naming my character Alex, and getting a Turtwig as my starter. I name him Dave, get my Pokedex and Pokeballs, and we go on our merry way. We breezed through Route 202, went to Jubilife, and got everything there. On Route 204, I defeated all the trainers and got all the items I could, and got a Magikarp, who I named Mr. Fish. I now know that even with switching, Magikarp are a PAIN to train. For every 2 1/2 levels Dave gains, Mr. Fish gains 1. GAHHH! Anyways, I'm now clearing out the trainers on Route 203.

Team:

Dave (♂) - 11 - Tackle, Withdraw, Absorb

Mr. Fish (♂) - 10 - Splash
    Last edited by Alex0511; 14th August 2011 at 2:58 PM.

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

I've just caught a Heatran. Modest nature, IVs: 4/28/22/27/25/29. Every IV except HP is satisfying. I think that I'm gonna catch Dialga/Palkia/Giratina.

Like my rock/metal band!

It's been way too long since I last played. Anyway, I recently explored Solaceon Ruins and the routes north of the town. After that, I traded over a Cranidos egg from my Platinum version, as I couldn't be bothered to slave away down in the Underground. I soon headed east for Veilstone, battling the trainers in my path.

In Veilstone, I battled the Gym and won easily, and obtained HM02 Fly. I taught that to my Staravia, and continued on my way. I began to head south for Lake Valor and Pastoria City, but trained before doing. My Buizel evolved in the process. I then rested at Veilstone's Pokémon Center.

.:Current Team:.
    Pyro Lv. 27
    Apollo Lv. 27
    Torrent Lv. 27
    Dixie Lv. 27
    Dotaku Lv. 27
    Pedro Lv. 27

Pearl: Battled against some new friends (whom I know via Twitter) and won both times. Forgot to adjust things but annoyed with a Milotic with Recover, Attract and Toxic, which I believe is Gentleben's old one from here.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

I finally grew impatient with grinding Mr. Fish to Level 15, so I traded over some Rare Candies from SS, and stuffed them down his throat. Dave then proceeded to rape and pillage all of Oreburgh's inhabitants. After getting our badge, we went back to Jubilife, where we battled Team Galactic for the first time. Mr. Fish slaughtered them both with two HP remaining, and poison. We healed up, and went back to Route 204, where we caught our HM Slave, Dan the Bidoof. Right now I'm skipping the trainers on the Floaroma Town side of Route 204.

Team:

Dave (♂) - 17 - Tackle, Curse, Absorb, Razor Leaf

Mr. Fish (♂) - 15 - Tackle, Splash

Dan (♂) - 4 - Tackle, Rock Smash

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

Just chained my first shiny. Chingling. I was lucky.. 9th chain.

Like my rock/metal band!

The story so far:

Picked Chimchar as my starter - he's now a hasty natured Monferno.

Caught an Abra and after an hour or so of grinding - It's now a mild natured Alakazam.

With my ridiculously over-trained team of two, I took down Roark and his team of rocky behemoths with absolute ease.

Defeated some grunts and headed north..

So I continued on to Veilstone, and Sizzle evolved along the way. I'm thinking of getting a new Water type, since this is the third time I've used Floatzel.

In Veilstone city, a rather nice man gave me a Porygon, whom I named Pythagoras. Lovely little guy. I trained up my team for battling Maylene, and evolved Pythagoras. Le yayz. I was terrified of Lucario, but then Platinum evolved and learned Earthquake. Forgot he evolves early.

I went in to face Maylene and defeated her easily enough. SCREW YOU LUCARIO. I then went with Dawn, who's Pokedex was snatched by baddies. Beating Team Galactic, I got Fly. Come fly with me...

I continued down to Pastoria, and accidently went into the battle against Barry. It was tough, but I managed to pull through.

Pokemon:
    Platinum (Torterra)
    Dot (Staravia)
    Dingle (Starly) Deceased
    Dekka (Roselia)
    Storm (Psyduck) Deceased
    Blair (Ponyta) Deceased
    Sizzle (Floatzel)
    Iroh (Bronzor) Deceased
    Zena (Combee)
    Ruto (Gabite)
    Finbar (Jolteon)
    Marni (Chansey)
    Pyhtagoras (Porygon2)
    Last edited by Valoo.; 23rd August 2011 at 8:39 PM.

Chained a shiny Jolly Starly, and I've just caught a shiny Bibarel (random encounter). The funny thing is that it broke my chain.

Like my rock/metal band!

I started training to defeat Wake, so I battled some trainers. WOOP Dot evolved into Staraptor and learned Close Combat. That gurl is kickass.

I then tweaked the rules and traded myself a Poliwag from Diamond, taking Sizzle off my main team. Don't look at me that way. I named the Poliwag Apollo, and trained him until he evolved into Poliwhirl.

I then went to battle Wake, and OHKOed all of his Pokemon. Such a bad Gym leader. Even Ash beat him without any deaths, and he's a tit.

I then followed some Team Galactic guy who blew up something, and met Cynthia, who gave me a potion to heal the Psyduck's 'chronic headache'. I healed the Psyduck, and took Cynthia's charm to her grandmother. After battling Cyrus, I got Surf and taught it to Apollo. Woohoo.

I then headed to Fuego Ironworks, and got lucky enough to capture a Magmar. I named him Vladimir, and put on my team over Dekka.

Pokemon:
    Platinum (Torterra)
    Dot (Staraptor)
    Dingle (Starly) Deceased
    Dekka (Roselia)
    Storm (Psyduck) Deceased
    Blair (Ponyta) Deceased
    Sizzle (Floatzel)
    Iroh (Bronzor) Deceased
    Zena (Combee)
    Ruto (Gabite)
    Finbar (Jolteon)
    Marni (Chansey)
    Pyhtagoras (Porygon2)
    Apollo (Poliwhirl)
    Vladimir (Magmar)

Been a while since last time. So quite a lot happened.

Alright, went to Sandgem town and got my Pokédex. Watched Dawn's demonstartion on catching a Pokémon and managed to catch my own. A male Shinx with Rivalry named Zerk.
    Got to Jubilife City found the clowns and got my Poketch. Went north and caught a Pokémon. A female Starly, as I was talking about cinnamon with some friends, I found it fitting to name her Cinallia.

I trained all my Pokémon till Lv 15. Beated my Rival Dj(Piece of cake) and caught my next Pokémon. A male Abra(Yeah that's right :3) as I found myself lucky with him, I wanted his name to begin with "Lu" so I named him Lumiere. Taught him Hidden Power, lucky for me, the type was Ground, very handy when he's battling Roark. Trained him and he evolved towards Kadabra, as I have another DS, I immediatly evolved him towards Alakazam.

Caught a Geodude in Oreburgh Gate, named him Wallfred. Caught a male Machop on Route 207 named him Rebon and tought him Rock Smash. I'm going to keep this guy. He will make a perfect . Got to the mine caught a female Onix named her Amalia.

Trained Pearl, Zerk, Cinallia, Lumiere, Wallfred and Rebon to level 18 and headed towards the gym.

Defeated the 2 trainers. And got to Roark. Beated Geodude with Pearl's Mach Punches. Onix with Lumiere's Ground Hidden Power and Cranidos with Rebon.
    All in all Roark was pretty easy.

Heading towards Jubilife, defeated the Team galactic grunts, Caught a Zubat in that cave near Floaroma Town, named her Illabel.

A friend of mine also was doing a nuzlocke, and lost his Shinx Tiberius to a crit hit from Mars' Purugly, so I decided to take Revenge for him.
    Also caught a Pachirisu in the Valley Windworks. Named her Chantal.
    Trained Zerk towards level 21 to get ready for the payback.
    Went inside the building, squashed the 2 grunts like they were little bugs.

Got to Mars. As Zerk's abilty is Rivalry this was meant to be a challenging battle.
    Squashed Mars' first Pokémon, but then it was Purugly's turn.
    Managed to paralyze her with a Spark. And damn Sitrus berry... Got her HP to 1, and finished like Tiberius wanted it, with a critical hit.

Bought some honey and slathered 2 trees, hoping for a Cherubi. 1st tree was a Wurmple, KO'd it. 2nd one was a...Cherubi! caught her and named her Dehlila ;3 Replaced Wallfred for her.

Went towards Eterna Forrest, nothing interesting happened on the way.
    Got inside of it and am currently abusing Cheryl's healing powers until all of my Pokémon are Lv 25.

Pokémon
    Pearl(Monferno)
    Zerk(Luxio)
    Cinallia(Staravia)
    Lumiere(Alakazam)
    Wallfred(Geodude)(Boxed)
    Rebon(Machop)
    Amalia(Onix)(Boxed)
    Illabel(Zubat)(Boxed)
    Chantal(Pachirisu)(Boxed)
    Dehlila(Cherubi)
    The absence of fear does not mean the presence of courage…
    Merely a lack of brains…

Just got a shiny Manafi off of the GTS today in exchange for an extra Mew I had . Now trying to get a level 9 and under Jirachi...
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Well yesterday I wanted to play Platinum some. I started saved in front of the gym and I then looked at my meditite and saw that it's only physical move was rock tomb. I traded it to my other Platinum game and taught it Ice Punch,Brick Break and Zen Headbutt. I quickly beat all the trainers with my Meditite and it gained 5 levels in there. I battled Gardenia and meditite took out Turtwig and Cherrim. I switched Meditite because it had seeds on it. I sent out Roselia and a stall war began XD. I spammed growth's until I reached +6 the only move roserade could use on me was poison sting. Everytime I reahed below 20 HP I would use a super potion. I then used Magical Leaf and 2HKOed Roserade and got my 2nd badge. After that I healed and went to the galactic building. I quickly beat everyone with Meditite and Prinplup. I then came in on Jupiter and battled her. I easily KOed her Zubat with an Ice Punch. Her Skuntank then came in and OHKOed Meditite with a crit night slash. I sent in Prinplup and began spamming bubblebeams. I 3HKOed it(Do to it's berry). I won and everyone ran off. I then saved in front of the bike shop so I can SR for a good Togepi.

TEAM
    Prinplup LVL26
    Roselia LVL23
    Meditite LVL22
    Bidoof(Slave)

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I decided to get back into Diamond temporarily to complete a few things I've missed from when I last played (which has been too long).
    Short update: I went to the Pal Park with FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby and Sapphire inserted in the DS slot and got the Crown, Tiara, Underground Background and the Seafloor Background accessories respectively from the lady there [only missing the Sky Background as I don't have Emerald]. Also in the Pal Park, I got the Kitchen Timer and Color Changer Poketch apps from another girl after showing her a Snorlax and Kecleon respectively.

3DS FC: 3738-0653-3802 ♥

Page 180 of 208 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast