Page 182 of 217 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 5403

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

Pearl Team:
    (Before the League)
    Penta ♂ - Level 48 - Moves: Aqua Jet, Metal Claw, Surf, Peck.
    Sky ♀ - Level 48 - Moves: Aerial Ace, Take Down, Close Combat, Fly.
    Mars ♂ - Level 48 - Moves: Crunch, Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Faint Attack.
    Buster ♂ - Level 48 - Moves:Quick Attack, Jump Kick, Bounce, Dizzy Punch.
    Taylor ♀ - Level 48 - Moves: Spark, Swift, Quick Attack, Discharge.
    Snowy ♂ - Level 48 - Moves: Swagger, Wood Hammer, Ice Shard, Blizzard.

First of all, I stocked up on a lot of healing items. Then I defeated the Elite 4 (Aaron, Bertha, Flint and Lucian) with hardly any problems. My biggest challenge was the unbelievably close battle with the Champion who happened to be my stalker, Cythnia. I did a lot of stalling and healing, but I defeated her with only Snowy left. I got lucky with Blizzard which froze Milotic - her last Pokemon - had this not happened, I might have lost the battle. My Pokemon and I were recorded into the Hall of Fame. I viewed the credits. THE END!
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Finally found a Feebas patch! Took four freakin' days, although it's not like I play all hours of the day... but still.

Now I'm gonna catch as many as I can. Maybe like 30, or even 50, to get the nature I like, which is Modest of course, and luckily with good IV's. I had enough patience finding the ugly fish, I can easily take my time catching as many as I want. I'll breed to get the one I prefer of course, I just hope Feebas ain't a baby pokemon. I don't think it is though. I'll check Bulbapedia.

A super awesomely trained Milotic is within my grasp!
    Last edited by Cruisin'; 21st September 2011 at 3:46 AM.
    "Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!"

Yay, I love these kinds of threads. Well, this morning I decided I would restart Diamond. I'm not too far, but I'm still playing as I type this up. I'll probably post daily in the form of a log.

Well, first thing's first in a journey. I chose my starter, named my character, etc. I went with Chimchar this time. It's my standby starter in the 4th gen, and I rarely choose anything else. Infernape is one of my favorite Utility Pokemon to date, and I think that its movepool and playstyle really compliment playing through a game's story. After getting all of the basic stuff finished, I was able to actually start playing.

I head to Sandgem Town and do everything that needs to be done there (get the Pokedex, Dawn teaches me to catch Pokemon), and now I'm finally free to explore a little bit uninterrupted. I take the time to train Chimchar a bit. I get him to around Lvl 10 on wild Shinx and Starly, which should make fighting the local trainers pretty easy. I catch a Bidoof as well to use as an HM Slave later so I don't have to waste move slots on my more useful Pokemon. I go through Jubilife, get my Poketch, deliver the package to my rival, battle the Trainer School students, and obtain TM Hidden Power from them. I decide that I want to catch member #3 of my party, so I look through my dex to see what I've encountered. Abra catches my eye, so I head east to look for one.

First I have to battle my rival, who is easily handled by Chimchar. After defeating him I start looking around for Abra. Now, if you've ever tried catching one, you know how tedious it can be. I probably spent 20 minutes searching before encountering my first one. Not knowing my Chimchar's strength, I accidentally KO'd with Scratch. Luckily, all the searching had caused Chimchar to grow a lot from battling the wild Pokemon. Through the process he learned Taunt. Remembering that Abra always uses Teleport to run from battle, I quickly taught it to Chimchar. After a few more random encounters I finally found a Male Lvl 4 Abra. Chimchar Taunted it, forcing it to Struggle its health away. I threw a Pokeball and caught it on my first try.

Once the battle was done I used my recently acquired TM Hidden Power on Abra, since it doesn't get any attacking moves until it evolves. I evolved Chimchar into Monferno sometime before heading to Oreburgh, and managed to get Abra to about lvl 12. I did everything in Oreburgh, which mainly consisted of visiting the mine. This just left battling the gym. With Abra leading, I easily took down the two gym trainers. The second victory gave enough EXP for Abra to evolve into Kadabra, and learn Confusion as well. Still not knowing my Hidden Power type, I was glad to have a good STAB move. Kadabra OHKO'd Geodude, but I switched Monferno in to fight Cranidos. Mach punch 2HKO'd it, and 3HKO'd Onix, letting me defeat Roark easily and obtain TM Stealth Rock and the Coal Badge.

I left the gym and headed back toward Jubilife. I taught Bidoof Rock Smash first, and then headed north. Professor Rowan and Dawn were waiting for me, talking to some Galactic Grunts. Dawn and I battle them, and Kadabra handles both Pokemon (Wurmple and Zubat) pretty easily with Confusion.

This is where I stopped to take a break. I'll probably play more tonight, and I'll try to update again tomorrow

The Team:

Monferno-
    Level 16
    Male
    Moves
    Fury Swipes
    Mach Punch
    Ember
    Taunt

Kadabra-
    Level 16
    Male
    Moves
    Teleport
    Hidden Power-???
    Confusion

Bidoof-
    Level 2
    Female
    Moves
    Tackle
    Rock Smash

Current Location: Jubilife City
    Badges: Coal
    Ask me about URPG today! Will also chat ^^

Platinum: Caught a Chingling, raised its happiness and evolved it.

Diamond: Started a new file, and chose Chimchar.

3DS F.C. - 4957 - 2857 - 2081
    Friend Safari - Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

Huzzah, time for entry #2

From Jubilife to Eterna

After defeating the grunts pretty easily, it was time to head toward Floaroma Town. I always forget how time consuming this portion of the game can be, which is why I didn't make it that far in this entry. With Monferno, Kadabra, and Bidoof, I set out to rid the Windworks of Team Galactic.

The task was simple enough. I did everything Floaroma had to offer, which was mostly gathering a few berries and getting a sprayduck can. Once I beat Team Galactic I headed north toward Eterna Forest. If you've played the game, you know how monotonous this section is. Fighting the same Pokemon over and over again alongside Cheryl's incompetent Chansey took me forever. However, it was a great way to grind a little bit of EXP before arriving at Eterna, so I managed to get Monferno and Kadabra to about Lvl 23. I skipped over the fisherman outside the forest in case I caught another Pokemon while exploring the areas around Eterna; they would be good for some extra EXP. I decided this time to go straight for the gym instead of doing the Team Galactic mission.

The gym trainers were easy enough. I cycled Kadabra and Monferno, trying to get them even amounts of EXP. They both hit lvl 24 while at the gym, giving me quite an edge over Gardenia. I used Monferno as my lead, who easily OHKO'd her Cherubi and Turtwig. Roserade was somewhat more difficult, but her Stun Spore didn't work out, so Flame Wheel 2HKOd. I got TM Grass Knot and the Forest Badge, and headed back out to Eterna.

Once I did all of that, I decided I would explore a previously blocked off area, The Old Chateau. I got HM Cut from Cynthia and headed back west toward the mansion. I skipped the fishermen again, instead taking the sideroute above them to pick a few berries. The first Pokemon I encounter inside the Old Chateau is an interesting one who I've never had experience with using: Gastly. I love Gengar, but I've never actually used one in a playthrough. I figure that now is as good a time as any, so I go for the catch.

Using Monferno, I go with the same strategy I used with Abra. I taunt, but I'm not as lucky this time when it attacks. Since both of my Pokemon more than double its level, I decide that I might as well just start throwing Pokeballs. My first choice, a regular Pokeball, works just fine, and Gastly is mine. I move him to the front of my party so I can get him some experience while I explore the rest of the building. I got the few items out of the building and then left, battled the fishermen, and then headed back to Eterna. I guess this is where I'll stop for today.

The Team:

Monferno-
    Level 24
    Male
    Moves
    Fury Swipes
    Mach Punch
    Ember
    Taunt

Kadabra-
    Level 24
    Male
    Moves
    Teleport
    Hidden Power-Dragon?
    Psybeam
    Disable

Gastly-
    Level 16
    Male
    Moves
    Lick
    Night Shade
    Mean Look
    Curse

Bidoof-
    Level 2
    Female
    Moves
    Tackle
    Rock Smash
    Cut

Current Location: Eterna City
    Badges: Coal, Forest
    Ask me about URPG today! Will also chat ^^

Pearl: Caught a few things to stick on Ranch, and got defeated by a Swords Dancing Pinsir when I wasn't paying attention.

Ranch:
    Hayleys wanted
    Barboach - Easy enough, so yes, she'll likely get that
    Oddish - Easy to get
    Starly - I don't know why, there's tons at the Ranch

Ranch expands again tomorrow
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

My Milotic is a beast. The strongest pokemon I have ever trained. Took me a while to hatch the Feebas I wanted, but it was well worth it.

She ( Mihoshi ) is Modest and Mischeivous, and has outstanding overall potential, with perfect IV's in both Special Attack and Special Defense. Maxed her Speed and Sp. Attack EV's, and now she is so freakin' powerful.

For now, these are her moves:

Hydro Pump, Blizzard ( Want to replace with Ice Beam later on somehow, since it's so inaccurate) Aqua Ring, and Attract. I got the Shell Bell on her like Palmer.

Ditched some of my early team and re-trained a perfectly EV trained in Speed and Attack, Jolly, Likes to thrash about Charizard ( perfect attack IV ). I really, really wanted an Adamant one, but damn platinum version makes it a pain in the *** to breed for a specific nature if all you have are males...that's why I love HeartGold/SoulSilver.

I am now outside the cave at Stark Mountain about to finish off Team Galactic once and for all with my awesomely EV trained trio of Milotic, Garchomp, and Charizard.
    "Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!"

I've had a sleepless night.. what to do? Chain!
    I've chained two shiny Houndours.
    Death metal isn't a hobby, death metal is a lifestyle.

Like my rock/metal band!

Decided that I need a Gallade for my battle tower team. Charizard is weak to water/ice types and electirc, like Milotic and Garchomp, so that won't work.

So I finally hatched a Jolly Alert to sounds Ralts, who I ev trained in Speed and Attack obviously. Leaf Blade, Close Combat, Psycho Cut and X-Scissor are his moves for now. Stone Edge will be taught to him as soon as I can afford it, to one shot the Flying types.

About to explore the survival area.

Pearl: Caught a ton of Illumise & Volbeat for Ranch.

Ranch:

Hayley bought Absol and traded my Starly for her Croagunk.

Hayleys wanted
    Starly - Easy
    Oddish - Okay, maybe
    Quagsire - Also simple
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Restarted Platnium, and having fun. Barry won me, Dawn dragged me everywhere, and Rowan gave me TM 027, Return.

Team ATM:

Chili the Chimchar, LV 5.

Damn.

Finally got to face Palmer the second time, and I swear I had him beat.

It was the most epic fight I've ever had.

My Garchomp, Gallade, and Milotic, vs his Regigigas, Cresselia, and Heattran. Cheatin' ******* using legendaires that I already caught, and that there are only one of!...haha anyway

Garchomp went out first, and so did his regigigas. I switched out to Gallade to try one one shot him with Close Clombat. Didn't work...then he kills me some how I forget...but I know I killed his Regigigas with Garchomps Earthquake.

Now his Cresselia comes out, and I hit her with Outrage, she stays in the green...then one shots me with ice beam..

Now I'm worried. My last pokemon vs two of his. Milotic vs Cresselia. I start with Hydro Pump, it misses of course...then I use Aqua Ring to stay alive. I spam Hyro pumps till one finally hits critical..but of course it still left her with one hp....Damn it all.

So I Ice beam and kill her, after she hits me one more time with psychic... then he brings out a pokemon that I loved to see, Heatran!!! Awesome. My water type should beat this thing with relative ease....

Damn you Focus Sash!!!!! You have saved me so many times but why does Palmer have it on his Heatran!!!

Anyway, I was in the yellow, had like 84 hp, and one of Cresselias psychics lowered my Sp. Def, which is already perfect on my milotic, just not ev trained.

Heatran holds on with 1hp and uses Earth Power. At this point I think Milotic can hold on, having awesome Sp. Defense and knowing earth power is not stab boosted...but of course her lowered sp. defense from the previous psychic was enough for her to die....

So close, so damn close...

Also got a 98 streak at the Battle Hall, and would've faced the Brain again, if that damn Poliwrath's Hypnosis didn't hit.

Gallade had Close Combat, Pshyco Cut, Leaf Blade and X-scissor. He was raping everything in his path with his trusty focus sash on ( tried choice scarf for a while, but i still couldn't one shot certain high defense guys, he is Jolly alert to sounds after all... so decided to take the safer route...), and all I had to do was beat this last water type.

Leaf Blade brought him down to yellow, cuz i wasn't sure if the STAB boosted Pshyco Cut would have done any more damage. And of course his hypnosis hits and i don't wake up in time to kill him while he's drowning my Blade with Surfs. Even with his great sp. defense, he couldn't wake up.

So yea, this team of mine in the strongest Battle Tower/Hall team I have ever had. Garchomp is a freakin' beast, Gallade is fast enough and strong enough, and extremely versatile to one shot opponents with his SE attacks, and my Mystic Milotic is a survivor with a uber powerful Hydro Pump.

Nothin' left to do but to try, try again.

I'm about to battle the seventh gym leader in both Pokemon Pearl and Platinum, and my team for both games are:

Pearl:

Platinum:
    check out my tradeshop http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=559296
    Shop is close due to wifi problem

Trainer name Jay, fc- 1249 0730 3549

I've decided to take on the battle fronier in Platinum.
    Diamond...haven't been on that for a while.

started a new game on pearl, chose chimchar ;D
    White Fc: 4771 2233 9036
    Ajax Amsterdam!!!!

(in Diamond)

Two days ago I bred myself an Adamant Bagon with Dragon Dance and nice IVs.
    EV trained it and leveled up, and used it in the Battle Tower before getting HAXED to death by a Sheer Cold spamming Dewgong. Luckily it was only like the 30th fight so I didn't lose much.

So today I got the urge to start leveling up random stuff in my boxes, so I decided to train my shiny Venomoth I've had for a LONG time. I quickly visited the Underground for some Heart Scales, and used them to teach Venomoth Sleep Powder and Signal Beam.

Then I suddenly got the urge to visit the Marsh to catch myself a few Skorupi. I got 4 of them, and 2 of them actually had very good IVs, so I took the female one and placed it in the Daycare with a high-level Scyther I had lying around. While waiting for the eggs to show up, I traveled to Acuity Lakefront, and leveled up my Venomoth by 6 levels. (It being migrated plus holding Lucky Egg really helped )

Then I flew to Solaceon, deposited everything and withdrew my Slugma, and started hatching those eggs. It didn't take too long to hatch an Adamant Skorupi who had pretty much inherited the best IVs from both it's parents and the moves Swords Dance, Night Slash and X-Scissor from the Scyther. Then I just infected it with Pokerus, used vitamins and maxed out it's EVs in Attack and Speed. Gonna start leveling it up tomorrow
    ---->

After 4 weeks and ~3800 SR's
    It finally shined on 23.11.2011 at 7 pm

A new adventure has been started in a reset Platinum game, starring the heroic adventures of Joe, a scrawny, cowardly kid who tries to be crazy prepared for every situation. After watching some TV, his super hyper friend Ron, who had a British accent similarly to a famous wizard named Ron, rushed in, checked his friend's laptop, and ran back off again.

Joe hesitantly followed him to his house, and Ron ran back, and ran back out again. He came up with an ingenious idea to run to Sandgem Town. After all, the only thing out there was small birds and beavers. But since they are still classified as "Wild Pokemon", an old guy stopped him and said it was reckless. The old guy was Prof. Rowan however, and was going to give them Pokemon, as long as. I quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Rowan
    You must never recklessly endanger yourself again.
    ...Yeah, like that's never gonna happen. Anyhow, Dawn, the ten year old assitant of Rowan, came with a briefcase to hand the Pokemon to the two. Joe was cautiously picking a Pokemon, and was rather unhappy with the selection. However, the Chimchar leapt up and grasped onto his leg, annoying him, unintentionally choosing her. Ron chose a Piplup, the Prof. and Dawn left, and Ron rushed over to Joe to start the rival battle!

Hilarious, Hyper, and Hardcore Harry Potter Fan
    RON

V.S.

It was basically a Scratch and Pound fest with a Leer and Growl every once in a while. Joe and the Female Chimchar became victorious, and the two retreated to their homes for now, later checking the nearby lake for legendaries. However all they found was a creepy guy named after space. Lame.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

I am currently stuck in Team Galactics hideout in Veilstone City. I have just went to Lake Acuity and obtained Snowpoint City Gym Badge. Also, I was wondering what I can do to change up my team to be able to go through Team Galactics hideout without losing everyone but Empoleon. Here is my team. Please Help Me. I would greatly appriciate it and thanks in advance.

Diamond Team:
    1.Steelix LV.34
    2.Empoleon LV.45
    3.Ponyta LV.31
    4.Staraptor LV.39
    5.Sneasel LV.32
    6.(Riolu)EGG

pikachu

is

claimed

Ron wanted to give the Pokemon back to Rowan at that point, so he left Joe by himself to get their. After getting Running Shoes, he chased after him. Along the way, he got a free Potion. Even along the way, he still did not like using Chimchar. When at Rowan's Lab, he declined the option to nickname it, even. He then after some manipulating, decided to see every Pokemon in Sinnoh. Dawn showed Joe the basics of Pokemon, and then forced him to say bye to his mom.

At his place, he was given a useless journal, and a parcel to deliver to Ron. Along the way, he bought some PokeBalls and caught some Pokemon, but they were filler. He then traded them to get some awesome Pokemon in eggs- a Shinx named Emolion, and a Budew named Rosemon.

"The starters are overrated. I'm going to go through this adventure without using this starter from here on out!"-Joe

After training Emolion and Rosemon to around Level 7, he headed out and was stopped by Dawn to be shown how to catch a Pokemon, despite having more than one already. Dang, Dawn is dumb; would it kill her to actually ask if he knew how to catch a Pokemon? Anyhow, Joe continued to the end of the route, while battling some classic Youngsters and Lasses. Once at Jubilife, Dawn criticized Joe for not having enough Pokemon, and dragged him to the Trainers School, thinking Joe was an idiot and new nothing about Pokemon, wheras really he knew a lot.

Before that however, they interrupted a police officer named Looker. That's a horrible code name, honestly. He could've just named himself "Handsome" and it would be better. Though Game Freak isn't fine with American boys calling the police Handsome, but they're fine with the Japanese doing so. After the talk, Joe went into the Trainers School, battled some school children, and delivered the parcel to Ron. The parcel was a pair of town maps, and one was given to Joe.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Well, finally defeated Team Galactic in their hideout and I was able to capture Dialga, (unfortunate that it was not a shiny). After the capture of Dialga, i went to Lake Acuity to capture Uxie, (with success). After the capture of Uxie, I flew to Lake Valor and Captured Azelf. With those 2 caught I went to Sunyshore City to Challenge Volkner. As I do naturally, I defeated all trainers in Volkners gym. After the defeat of Volkner, i met someone named Jasmine, who claims she was from the Johto region and a Gym Leader! Afterwards I continued on to Victory road In attempt to get to the Elite Four but on the top floor lost to a Steelix and all I had was a Staraptor (one of my weakest) and ended up back in Sunyshore City. So here is my team so far.

My Diamond Team:
    1. Staraptor LV.40
    2. Dialga LV. 53
    3. Gastrodon (East sea) LV.40
    4. Emploeon LV.51
    5. Steelix LV.46
    Cant remember the 6th pokemon

pikachu

is

claimed

After receiving a map, a weird guy came up to them and got mad because he didn't have a Poketch. So then he was sent on a quest to find some clowns and answer ridiculously easy questions, and all of them were the same answers: Yes. He got a nice Poketch, but he wanted a green one... So when he was about to go to the next Route, Ron rushed up to him, somehow passing the weird man, and challenged him to a rival battle!

V.S.

Since she didn't know Spark yet, Emolion took two Ice Fangs to defeat it due to a Growl. Rosemon defeated Piplup with one Energy Ball. Ron ran away, sad and confused why Joe didn't use Chimchar. Anyhow, he continued walking along the path, defeating trainers along the way.

Inside the cave, a random Hiker gave him the HM for Rock Smash. Joe defeated some other scouts, and ended up at Oreburgh City. A Youngster was just dying to call Joe a noob, but just didn't have the need to today. Ron ALREADY defeated the gym, but the leader went into the mine. Joe also stared at a Camper running back and forth for a long time to the music.

After that, Joe rushed into the mine, and Emolion wanted to evolve, but Joe wanted her to learn Bite first, so he held off on that for a few levels. After fighting some Workers with an awesome piano solo, they found the Gym Leader, Roark, randomly wrecking rocks, returning to his post right afterwards.

I started a new game on Diamond, and started with Piplup.

"Yo, champ in the making!" The legendary gym person called out to Joe as he entered the gym. He also mentioned he said the same thing to an impatient boy earlier. There were two paths to the Gym Leader, and easy and hard way. Joe took both of them, sweeping through the trainers without trouble. Joe then went face to face with...

Rugged Red-Headed Boy With a Real Gender Confusion
    ROARK

V.S.

There are a lot of red heads in this series that can be mistaken for girls... Only half of them are. Anyhow, Emolion gets in an Ice Fang while Geodude sets up Stealth Rock like a competitive player. One more Ice Fang KOs it however. Joe cautiously switched to Rosemon, who takes entry damage, against Onix. One Energy Ball decimates the enormous, 28ft. rock monster that doesn't even fit in the gym logically. Last up is the headbonkin' Cranidos, who instantly falls to an Energy Ball, giving Joe the win, as well as the Coal Badge!

After leaving, Joe is bumped into by Ron, who mentions Eterna City as the next destination, and dashes away without counting. Before he goes to Jubilife, he explores the cave along the way to find some goodies. When he does get their though, he's greeted with some Team Galactic goons harassing Prof. Rowan and Dawn. Rowan was being a hero and was insulting said goons.

"Let me list some lessons you still need to learn. #1: Don’t loiter about for no good reason. #2: Don’t interrupt others while they are attempting to converse. #3: If you don’t get your way, don’t raise your voice to be intimidating. #4: Don’t think you’ve grown strong just because you’re in a group. #5: What is with those outlandish outfits you have on? My goodness... You call yourselves adults?!"

"Eeeee! Now you made it personal!"

Emolion and Dawn's Piplup destroyed Team Galactic, and they left because said team is beneficial to all or some random thing. Then the two spoke about evolution and stuff, and as they left, a generic fat guy came up to Joe and gave him a Fashion Case. Because Joe is really a fashionista.

I just got Platinum afew days ago, currently sitting aside my Diamond and focusing on Platinum instead!

Team:
    Grotle - lv20
    Luxio - lv20
    Ponyta - lv20
    Staravia - lv20
    Psyduck - lv20
    Geodude - (slave)

Currently at cycling road and chilling at Wifi-Plaza after

I started the game in my bedroom. After walking around, Barry barged into my room and told me to meet him at his house. After he left, I went downstairs an talked to my mom for a bit. She told me to be safe. I exited my home and went to Barry's. He ran into right outside his door and told me he forgot something. I followed him. After that, we headed to route 201. We were about to run into tall grass to go to Sandgem town to get our own Pokemon, when we were stopped by a loud voice. From behind us came Prof. Rowan and his assistant, Dawn. He questioned our actions and gave us a choice of one rare Pokemon. I saved before making my choice.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2yl39lh.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Page 182 of 217 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast