Page 190 of 214 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 5330

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

I did the boring Floraroma stuff, beat Mars and entered Eterna forest. We battled with Cheryl, and got to the end. I got the Explorer Kit early, and decided if I found a Fossil I'd use it. Well, I got 4 Heart Scales and a Armour fossil. So I've now got Juggernaut the Lonely Shieldon. We beat Gardenia, got Cut, and may go and get Rotom for a new team member...

So, since last update I've advanced quite a bit:

- Evolved my Eevee to a Vaporeon, whose nickname is Watermelt, and put my Prinplup (now in level 42) into the Day-Care;
    - Evolved my Luxio. He became a powerful Luxray;
    - Got to Veilstone City;
    - Got a Porygon. Named it Intel, evolved it by trading with my HeartGold and trained it.
    - Defeated Maylene thanks to Gabite's powerful Earthquake and a bit of luck. If that Metal Claw landed...
    - Helped Dawn retrieving back her PokéDex;
    - Searched 2 days for a good, Timid Houndour. Found a weak one. Bred her with my Prinplup. Got a good one and named it Cerberus. Still training him;
    - Found a shiny Houndour. I won't talk about it. No, it is too painful...
    - Got to Pastoria City.

Right now, I'm training my team. Want to have a complete team before facing Wake.

Squad:
    Leothning - lv.37
    Watermelt - lv.36
    Machshark - lv.36
    Intel - lv.36
    Machshark - lv.36
    Cerberus - lv.17

Badges: 3
    New Army:

I'm currently on my way to the second gym. As none of my team members can be obtained until after the fourth gym, Dodger (Luxio) will have to do the gyms on his own (unless someone would like to donate a Taillow and/or Tangela egg).

Dodger is level 25 now, so will be a Luxray fairly soon (onsidering he's getting all the battle time). He shouldn't have a huge problem with the second or third gym, as long he's at a good level (35ish for the third). The fourth will be easy. Then I can get a Wooper (Male, Navy), raise him to parity, and fight the fifth gym. After that, I can go to Iron Island, get the Riolu egg (Male, Royal) and have a fairly balance team for the sixth gym.

After that I'll have to find someone to trade me a Taillow egg and a Tangela egg (Carolina and Cornflower if it'll fit).

EDIT:

Decided to change my final team. It is a fairly long shot for someone to trade me those two eggs, so I decided to add a member to my team that is recently obtainable: Bronzor. I caught a Bashful one (didn't want to harm any stats and couldn't get one - Speed) and named it Yale (if you've not noticed, all my team members are blue and all have blue nicknames: Dodger, Navy, Royal, Yale).

I'm also going to change my water type to Golduck. I can get a Psyduck now, rather than wait for a Wooper. I need a special-based player, and Golduck fits this better than a Pokemon I'll rely on fr Earthquake.

The fifth member of my team will be a Garchomp named Duke. This will be my ground type.

My final team will be as follows: Luxray (Dodger), Bronzong (Yale), Golduck (Navy), Lucario (Royal) and Garchomp (Duke).
    Last edited by OJG; 2nd March 2012 at 12:06 AM.

EV training the Shiny Gyarados from HeartGold in Diamond. Gonna have fun training it to Lv100 after that.

Having that Red Gyarados in Diamond is cool, cause it was the reason you started out your adventure. Can't wait to beat my rival up with it lol.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Going for my first Platinum playthrough. Already played Diamond, but that was years ago. I've played all the gens a lot, I even played through gen 5 three times now, but I only played through Diamond once and that's pretty much it for gen 4 for me.

At the moment, I have two badges and am training around Hearthome city. Enemies seem to have quite high leveled pokemon, sometimes even fully evolved. Facing a lvl 20+ Skuntank just after the 2nd gym was surprising and pretty challenging. I like it.

My current party consists of:
    Monferno lvl 29
    Prinplup lvl 24
    Gabite lvl 26
    Roselia lvl 22

I plan on adding a Yanma/Yanmega and Sneasel/Weavile eventually.

I got my 4th badge last night.

I tried battling Maylene with my Kirlia at level 26, but that wasn't working out, so I left the gym, leveled up my Kirlia until it evolved into Gardevoir. That helped a lot more. Easily beat her then.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

We didn't catch Rotom, but went and destroyed Jupiter with Shieldon, who maxed out its defence, Taunted it, and then sweeped with Rock Tomb. We then did a bit of training, where Jenny evolved into Roselia and learned Giga Drain. We then got to Heartome city. We got ourselves Hermione the Staravias replacement- Aquapelt the Eevee. We were bored, my Pearl had a spare Waterstone, so there you go, I've got a Vaporeon. We then beat Fantina with a load of luck:

Jenny came out, Giga Drained Duskull, but got burned. Haunter came out, got Stun spored, but critted with Shadow Claw, and Jenny was defeated. At low health, Haunter was defeated by Liams Flame Wheel. The dreaded Mismagius came out, and took out Juggernaut after a long battle, but Liamcame in, got pushed to the limit with Psybeam, and burned with a Blaze boosted Flame Wheel, which took out the ghost. We then saved. I'm planning to train in Wayward Cave, because Juggernaut and Aquapelt need it. Juggernaut needs Earthquake and Aquapelt could do with a water type move, but we won't get it. Team is levels 21-25.

Got a good natured Psyduck. Decided to make training less tedious and *try* to find a Lucky Egg while training Yale the Bronzor. Now it has Extrasensory it is much easier, and it takes a beating so training isn't too bad. If I can get a Lucky egg this will be 100x easier, though. Once I get Psyduck and Bronzor to their evolved forms (level 33 is ideal as Luxray is that level now) I'll head to Veilstone for gym #3.

We beat Barry, and trained a bit near Wayward Cave. We caught Dragomir, the Quiet Gible, who I will not be using. We eventually got to Vielstone City, and got Data, the Brave Porygon, who I have just evolved. We taught Data Shock Wave, Juggernaut Earthquake and Aquapelt Blizzard We need to do a bit more training before Maylene.

Not much has happened since last time. I:

- Finished training my team;
    - Defeated my rival while sleeping (Barry, Y U so easy?);
    - Defeated Wake. Leothning was the MVP;
    - Cured those Psyducks' headache and reached Celestic Town;
    - Defeated Cyrus and received Surf. Finally, Watermelt could use a good Water special attack!
    - Went to Canalave and... defeated my rival. Again. Easy;
    - Defeated Byron. Watermelt was the MVP. Cerberus' Ember wasn't enough to send his Steelix down;
    - Reunited with Dawn, Barry and Prof. Rowan and heard the explosions;
    - Went to Lake Valor and defeated Saturn. Then, went to Lake Verity and defeated Mars;
    - Went to Snowpoint. Cerberus increased that gym's temperature by some degrees. I may have seen a burning Abomasnow running in circles. Sorry, Candice. Oh, Intel and Machshark evolved;
    - Returned to Veilstone to sweep Team Galactic in their HQ. Not even Cyrus could stop me. However, he was harder to defeat this time. Saturn was also there. But it wasn't important. Defeated their boss. Twice;
    - Climbed Mt. Coronet. At the top, me and Barry defeated Mars and Jupiter. Well, I was doing all the hard work but... whatever. Cyrus was the only one remaining. But some mysterious Pokémon kidnapped him, after summoning Dialga and Palkia. Weird;
    - Followed Cyrus and went to the Distortion World. We had our last battle there. And again, I came out victorious. After that, my award: Giratina. 3 Ultra Balls later, it was mine. So much power at the palm of my hand... nah, you're going to the box. Sorry;
    - Went to Sunyshore and, with the help of Machshark, smashed Volkner without taking a single hit;
    - Adventured myself into the Victory Road;
    - Reached the Pokémon League. Barry was there and his Snorlax gave me a good challenge. But Intel showed him who was the boss.

This is it. The real thing is coming. And I must be ready.

Squad:

Venomfang - lv.51
    Machshark - lv.52
    Watermelt - lv.53
    Cerberus - lv.53
    Intel - lv.53
    Leothning - lv.55
    New Army:

I decided to restart platinum since I didn't like my team. I started with chimchar since it's my favorite starter. I wasn't planning on it but I got a female without trying XD

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Since my last update, I've gotten two more badges, the 3rd and 4th badges. I'm currently in Pastoria City, where I just caught a Yanma in the Great Marsh for my team. Haven't done the 5th gym yet. I'll probably get to that when I evolve Yanma.

Current team:
    Infernape lvl 36
    Empoleon lvl 36
    Gabite lvl 38
    Roselia lvl 36
    Yanma lvl 27

I decided to name my Chimchar Tammi at the moment. I couldn't think of any zelda names that would fit. After that I got my pokedex, and after like 20 minutes found a male starly to catch XD I named him Crimson since I remembered the crimson bird on skyward sword, then I got the poketch, and beat Cj.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Since my last update:

-I got a couple more badges. Yanma evolved into Yanmega and I beat the 5th gym, which was fairly easy, although Floatzel did faint one or two pokemon.
    -Went to Celestic Town to eliminate the Galactics there.
    -Traveled to Canalave. There I beat the gym for badge #6. Kind of challenging, Steelix surprised my with Ice Fang and Bastiodon managed to get a Stone Edge in to faint one of my pokemon. But Empoleon got the job done with his many resistances.
    -Went to Iron Island to get Strength and while enjoying the large encounter rate there, I found out that you can actually catch a Steelix there! Also found a Shiny Stone and evolved Roselia into Roserade with it.
    -After getting back, Gabite evolved into an awesome Garchomp in the grass right of Canalave.
    -Went to Lake Valor, kicked Galactic's ***, then went to Verity and went through the events there.
    -Went through Mt. Coronet left of Celestic and arrived at Route 216. There, I captured a female Adamant Sneasel.
    -Got through the remaining snow routes (and they are very annoying as you get stuck in the snow all the time) and reached Snowpoint City.
    -Cleared the gym with ease and got the 7th badge.
    -Went to Lake Acuity, did the events there. Then I had to go to the Galactic Headquarters in Veilstone. Went through the entire place, finding the Razor Claw which I'll need to evolve Sneasel into Weavile and complete my team. Saved after that.

Current team:
    Infernape L48

Empoleon L50

Garchomp L50

Roserade L50

Yanmega L49

Sneasel L33
    Last edited by Mysteryguy; 10th March 2012 at 12:57 PM.

I'm training my shiny Luxray right now. Fighting Barry or whatever his name is and assorted gym leaders. atm shes level 70, almost 71. everyone else is in the low 60s. Team:
    Hope *(Luxray)* Lv.70
    Icefang (Gyarados) Lv.61
    Celina (Gardevoir) Lv.57
    Lawrence (Toreterra) Lv.61
    Blitz (Rapidash) Lv.56
    Pippin (Staraptor) Lv.59
    not planning on anything but training hope atm xD
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Since my last update, I went through Mt. Coronet to go after Cyrus. At the top, I went to the Distortion World for the first time ever, as I had never played Platinum before. Very strange place, pretty cool though. After finding my way through I beat Cyrus without too much hassle and captured Giratina!

Then I went to Rowan, who said the pixies were back. So I decided to catch Azelf with a Modest nature, and eventually I managed to get one. Then I continued the story and ventured into Sunnyshore. Short trip, just had to beat the gym leader, which was, of course, extremely easy with Garchomp.

Then, I surfed my way through route 223 and went through the Victory Road, where I got a couple of nice TMs. Fortunately, this Victory Road wasn't that annoying.

About to challenge the Elite 4, which should be no problem.

Current team:
    Infernape LV56
    Empoleon LV55
    Garchomp LV57
    Roserade LV55
    Yanmega LV58
    Weavile LV55

I EV trained my Cresselia, Salamence and Scizor recently so that I could use them in the Battle Tower on SoulSilver. I went about training them to Level 50 if needed, then taught them some TMs and tutor moves.

I'm working toward the second Gym in Pearl now. I traded over an egg for a Misdreavus I caught in Eterna Forest before finishing up there, which I plan to hatch and give the exp share which I should hopefully get just after it hatches. The egg contains a Murkrow since I cannot legitimately catch one in this version and I had planned my team out beforehand. I'm trying to stick to the Sinnoh Pokédex though, although it is rather limited. Any tips for the sixth member? I plan to use Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Honchkrow and Girafarig but I'm not sure what to use as the last slot because I don't want to repeat any types. I was thinking a rock type like Rampardos but I don't want to trade over too much and it's rather slow, which I dislike. Maybe a Gengar? I haven't used one before.

Current Team
    Kirk, Grotle, Level 20
    Harry, Monferno, Level 21
    Pippo, Prinplup, Level 20
    Shinx, Level 3
    Bidoof, Level 6 (HM Slave)
    Egg (Murkrow)
    Current White 2 Team:
    | Octavia Lv.88 | Roccoco Lv.89 | Lily Lv.88 | Viola Lv.89 | Jesper Lv.88 | Angora Lv.88 |

Smile

;I beat the elite 4 earlier. Honestly I don't know which one gave me more trouble Cynthia's garchomp or her Roserade. Man my team has bad special defense, except for garchomp. Well here is my winning team:

;398 Komali lv 48
    Tetra lv 51
    Crimson lv 48
    Arill lv 50
    Valoo lv 50
    Jolteon Ninetails lv 48

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Today, I completed my Normal monotype challenge on Diamond by defeating the Elite Four. Overall, I found it quite challenging. Aaron and Flint weren't too bad, but Bertha and Lucian were tough and my battles against them took quite a while. Cynthia was definitely the hardest, though. I mainly relied on using items like X Attack against her, which was a new experience for me since I've never used them in battle before. It took a very long time to get my Pokes set up. My Bibarel (!) took down her Spiritomb, Roserade, and Lucario, while Clefable beat Garchomp, Gastrodon, and Milotic. In total, the battle lasted around 40 minutes!

I was glad to see that last battle, and my monotype challenge, finally end.

I decided to come back and play in Sinnoh again and like before, I chose Chimchar as my starter following my tradition of doing so. Anyways, I already have 3 badges. I still haven't finalized my team yet but as of now, my team mates are Luxio and my starter, now an Infernape. Right about now, I have about 20 pokemon captured for the Pokedex.
    Last edited by nathandg0924; 26th March 2012 at 6:29 AM.

So I started Pearl again and, after getting the Explorer Kit, I realised why this game is soooo good! I started out picking Piplup as always, and then realised it was a female Modest Piplup, which is always a bonus. I am up to Snowpoint in the storyline, and my Riolu egg just hatched, with an Adamant nature, so I've decided he's coming on my team permanently; I need a a Fighting-type on my team
    Wonder Breeding Garden form Vivillon

I recently decided I wanted to play through Platinum again, so a few days ago, I started a new game. I picked Piplup and got through the first quarter or so without incident. I just completed Wayward Cave, and in doing so rediscovered my long-buried hatred for Bronzor. Currently in Oreburgh City, ready to make the trip to Hearthome, (which I already made to get my Eevee).

Current team:

Tempest (Prinplup)
    Hawkins (Staravia)
    Ren (Luxio)
    Goliath (Gabite)
    Faron (Leafeon)
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Currently at the sixth gym. My most recent game-chronology achievement was Iron Island: I had to do this side-quest as Lucario is part of my team.

Hatched the egg, evolved Riolu (named him Royal), currently training Lucario: he's level 30. Raising him to parity for Byron.

My team as it stands is;

- Dodger the Luxray, level 47
    - Yale the Bronzong, level 47
    - Navy the Golduck, level 47
    - Royal the Lucario, level 30
    - (HM Slaves)

Once I've trained Lucario and beat Byron, going to hunt for Gible and train him.

I just beat Fantina, and thank God I did! I tell ya, I only just BARELY dealt with her Mismagius! It took the combined efforts of Goliath and Hawkins, but it got done, I'll tell you what! I am BEAT from that fight, and I mean BEAT!

No changes in my team to speak of.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Page 190 of 214 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast