Page 192 of 217 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 5403

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

Whee, after I got bored of my platinum Nuzlocke Run, I started one on my Pearl game. I'll write my adventures here, for you all to read. 'Cause I'm nice like that.

I apologize in advance for the HUGE amount of text here.

Main Character - Katniss
    Rival - Peeta

After watching the show about the magical red Gyarados, I went downstairs and my mum blabbered about Peeta coming over. I went over to his house, and just as I was about to knock on the door, he opened it and slammed right into me! He shouted loudly, then apologized and went inside. I followed him inside, and went up to his room. He picked up a bag, and told me to come to the lake. He threatened that if I didn't get there in time, he'd fine me a ridiculous amount of money. He wooshed pass me, and I made my way out of his house. I had just got to the exit of Twinleaf Town when the son of a Bibarel dragged me towards the lake. I unwillingly followed him, and was forced to listen to him chatter on about finding a special pokemon at our nearby lake. We got to the clearing next to the lake, when some strange old man exclaimed ''WELP, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!'' and shoved right past us. A young man, about our age, came up to us. ''Sorry, folks. The professor can be a bit... odd sometimes.'' He said, as he looked at me. I nodded, and then he walked away, following the older man. Peeta made some snarky remark about the boys clothing, then said something incredibly stupid. ''Hey, look! They left a briefcase! Let's go get it!'' I objected instantly, reminding him that there are wild pokemon in the tall grass. He disregarded what I said, and once again dragged me towards it. He let go of my arm infront of the case, and examined it from the side. ''Wonder what's in it?'' He said, as he struggled to open it. Just as he opened it, two angry-looking Starlys flew out of the forest around us, and tackled us to the ground! In a struggle to get to my feet, my hand came in contact with something round. Thinking it was a rock, a flung it at the bird. Instead, a right light trickled out of the ball and took the form of a money. It looked feminine, and even though in it's battle stance, calm. It scratched the bird several times before the Starly retreated. It walked towards me with a worried look, and offered to help me up. I noticed it had a collar with the word ''CHIMCHAR'' engraved on it. I took it's offer and got to my feet. I looked towards Peeta and found him jumping from joy at the sight of me and this Chimchar. He had a blue Penguin at his side. ''Fwuaaah!~ Katniss, your pokemon rocked!'' He said. I asked him what he meant by 'mine', as I clearly did not own this pokemon. He stopped jumping, and a look of concern came across his face. ''Oh yeah... They're not ours...'' I nodded, and suggested we find the professor and return his briefcase. ''Aw... Fine...'' Peeta said, clearly disappointed. I picked up the case and headed towards Twinleaf Town, with Peeta sulking behind me. It was not until we had exited the forest that I noticed the Chimchar was sitting on my shoulder. I smiled, but soon turned serious again. It was not mine. I had to return it. Just as this thought had crossed my mind, the blue-haired boy came running towards us. ''Th-there it is!'' He panted. ''I'm glad you found the suitcase! If I'd lost it, the prof would've freaked out!'' I handed the briefcase to him, and he glanced at the pokemon resting on my shoulder. ''Did you..? Oh man. The prof won't be happy... I mean, I have nothing against you using the pokemon, but the prof...'' As if on cue, the professor approached us. ''Lucas! Did you find the suitcase?'' He said, not taking notice to the pokemon by mine and Peeta's sides. ''Ah, good boy. I knew I could trust yo-'' He paused. He looked at the Chimchar and the Penguin. ''You... You used these pokemon?'' He asked. I nodded. He circled me, making sounds like 'hmph' and 'mhm' whilst doing so. Peeta stood impatiently behind me, not being acknowledged even once. ''Alright.'' said the professor. ''Lucas, I'm going back to the lab.'' He said, and left. Lucas stood where he was for a while, just staring in the professors direction. ''Uh... It was nice meeting you. Looks like I've gotta go.'' He murmured, and left. ''Yeah, leave, professors pet.'' Peeta snarked from behind me. ''Come on Katniss, let's go home.''

Back at home, I told my mother about the events that had occurred today, as she prepared our meal. ''The professor you met must have been Prof. Rowan. He lives in Sandgem Town, just to the east of here.'' She said. After a meal in silence, my mum suggested that I go explain to the professor why I had not choice but to use his pokemon. She pulled out a box from behind the couch, and gave it to me. ''Here you go, dear. Put these on. They're running shoes.'' She informed me. ''I was going to give you them tomorrow, but now seems like a better time.'' I thanked her and put them on. A perfect fit! ''Go on, dear. I'll clean up here.'' I smiled and left. I decided to test my shoes out, and ran for Sandgem Town. I hardly noticed the little monkey beside me. We ran towards the town together, and arrived in no time. As I approached the laboratory, the boy from before, Lucas, came into view. I walked over to him, and he told me that he'd been waiting for me. He led me to the lab, and just as we were about to enter, Peeta ran out and slammed into me. ''What the...'' He said, confused. ''Oh, Katniss it's just you! ... And red-hat.'' He shot Lucas an annoyed look. ''That old guy,'' He continued, ''Is not scary so much as he is totally out there!'' I tilted my head and asked him what he meant. ''Aww, it doesn't matter, Kat. I'm outta here. See ya!'' He said, and breezed by us. ''... What on earth was that? Your friend is in such a rush.'' Lucas sighed. ''Anyway... Let's go in.'' I followed him through the huge double doors into the professors lab. ''So you finally got here!'' Prof. Rowan exclaimed. ''Catnip, was it?'' Katniss, I murmur. ''Ah, of course. Let me see that pokemon again.'' He says. The little monkey steps forward, and Prof. Rowan examines it. ''Hmm... I see...'' He says. ''This pokemon seems rather happy. All righty then! I'll give that Chimchar to you as a gift!'' He chimes. I give him a look of disbelief, and he just smiles. ''Would you like to nickname her?'' He asks. I hesitate, then nod. I decide to name her Lockette. ''What a fine name that is!'' The prof. says. ''Your friend Peeta told me what happened at the lake. I heard you battled very well, despite it being your first time!'' I blush, knowing that that is not the truth, but in fact it was Lockette whom battled for me. ''... And form what I can see, there is a growing bond between you and Loosette, even she is young!'' Lockette, I correct him. ''Yes, yes, Lockette. Lets move on to the main topic! There is something I'd like you to do for me...'' Rowan says. ''My name is Rowan. I study pokemon!'' He chirps. Pretty obvious, I think. ''First of all, I want to know what kinds of pokemon live in Sinnoh. To do so, it is necessary to collect data using the Pokedex.'' He informs me. ''This is what I wish to ask you. I want to entrust you with this Pokedex. Will you use it to record data on all the pokemon in Sinnoh for me?'' Prof. Rowan asks. I just stare at him for a while, wondering if this is some practical joke, When Lucas nudges me and I blurt out a 'Yes'. ''Hm! Good answer!'' He smiles, and hands me the pokedex. ''It's a very high-tech device. It will automatically record data on every kind of pokemon you encounter!'' Then whats the point of me using it, if it already has the data stored in it?! I think. ''Katniss, I ask that you go everywhere and meet every kind of pokemon in this region! Good luck!'' He chirps, and shoos me and Lucas out of the lab. ''Uh. Okay.'' Lucas says. ''I want to show you a few things before we set of. Come, follow me!'' I tag along behind me as he shows me the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart. ''Katniss... You should tell your mother you'll be helping us before you go. You'll be going far away... You should let somebody know before you leave.'' He suggests. I nod in agreement, and say that I'll be back shortly.

I sprint towards Twinleaf, and enter my house. I tell my mother what I will be doing, and she acts absolutely overjoyed, but I see the tear rolling down her cheek. She hugs me And whispers ''Good luck.'' I feel my bag weighing a bit more that before, and as my mum releases me from her embrace, she winks at me. Though our sad moment is interrupted as Peeta's mother comes in through the door. She looks white as a ghost. ''I-Is Peeta here?'' She asks. ''Oh? No, he isn't.'' My mother replies. ''O-Oh... He sh-shouted something about going on an adventure, a-and bolted... I... I wanted him to have th-this...'' She whimpers. ''Kat could deliver it to him!'' My mother says cheerily. ''He'll be fine, Fiona.'' ''Oh, th-thank you, Katniss!'' She sobs back, and hands me a parcel. ''H-He'll probabley be at J-J-Jubilife City by n-now...'' Peeta's mother stutters. I smile at them both, and leave the house. As I head for route 201, I know I have a great adventure in front of me.

/End text wall

Derp sorry for the huge text wall this is only for the prologue orz

Team:

Lockette, . Lv. 6, Female. Calm nature.
    Last edited by wolftamer; 3rd June 2012 at 6:58 PM.

So, cleared the Oreburgh Gym with only Luxio, then Shinx. Pretty proud of myself here.

Shinx -> Luxio
    Level 19

Before the game I hope to gain a team of
    Luxray
    Mr. Mime
    Mantine
    Carnivine
    Vespiquen
    some flying type not sure yet

We went to Sandgem and finally got our Piplup officially. So after all that, we kept walking to Jubilife, and met the Poketch guy, and received a Poketch! We also defeated our rival, and trained. We got to Oreburgh City and saw Barry again, who said the gym leader was at the mine. We went there and he went back to the gym. We went back to the gym but right before challenging Roark, our Piplup got to level 16 and evolved into Prinplup! We OHKO'd Geodude, Onix and defeated Cranidos in three hits. We did not lose any Hit Points in this battle.
    Team:

I restarted Platinum, and went with Piplup. Did a few resets to get the right nature. I was aiming for Calm, but a few resets later I got myself a Modest one. Since I was too lazy to go anymore, I just went with the Modest Piplup.

After that, storyline stuff, Sandgem Town, got Parcel, bla bla bla. I reached Jubilife and after doing the compulsory stuff and getting a Town Map and a Poketch, I ventured north to train. Right now, my Piplup has just evolved into Prinplup. I'm now headed to Oreburgh.

SR for natures was how I ended up with my shiny Torchic on Sapphire.

Ahem. I've made it to Fantina. My team is as follows:
    Alakazam - Lv.25
    Monferno - Lv.26
    Roserade - Lv.26
    Staravia - Lv.26
    Clefairy - Lv.26
    Luxio - Lv.26

Yes, I traded over a Shiny Stone to evolve my Roselia. Big deal.

Alakazam vs. Duskull
    That didn't take much. Duskull was a one-hit wonder.
    I switch. Luxio vs. Mismagius.
    Ew. Nasty Shadow Ball. Luxio fainted. Roserade's up. Mismagius is down.
    Haunter? Meh *heals Roserade*. Shadow Claw? On a Haunter? WEAK. Enjoy your Stun Spore. I bet you weren't expecting Roserade to do so much damage to you, Haunter.

The Relic Badge is mine.
    Alakazam and Roserade each gained a level.

Pokédex progress
    Seen: 085
    Obtained: 059
    The higher than normal increase in numbers is due to me sending a surplus of trade shop Pokémon from my HG to Platinum.

I did some work on my Pokedex in Platinum recently. I mainly just evolved a few Pokemon from the early part of the National Dex, like Pidgey, Rattata, etc. Yesterday, I did some breeding on Platinum for the first time in quite a while. I was breeding for a Cranidos, which I'm planning to use on Black 2 (planning on importing a Japanese copy). I was worried that it would take a long time to get a Cranidos with good IVs, but fortunately the first one I hatched had everything I wanted. I then transferred that Cranidos and a bunch of other Pokemon to my White.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    SR for natures was how I ended up with my shiny Torchic on Sapphire.
    That's cool. I never got a shiny from nature SRs.

So I got my badge from Roark. Storyline progressing, I traveled to Floaroma, where I got the Honey after bashing some Galactic Grunts. I slathered some to the honey trees. After some waiting, lots of Cherubi and Burmy later, I stumbled upon a Heracross.

... Time for some more resetting. Looking for a Jolly one, found like 3 Modest and a few Timid so far. And tons of other natures, but no Jolly >_>

Some timeskip later, I finally got a Jolly Hera I leveled him up to match Pingu's level (4 levels lower, actually), before clearing the Valley Windworks. Pachirisu is an amazing Exp. fodder, though he's kinda rare. Then I headed for Eterna City, going through the forest. Cynthia gave me Cut, got the Explorer Kit, yada yada. I taught Cut to Pingu... just because I'm too lazy to get a Bidoof. I'll replace it later on after I got myself a Bibarel >_>

Then I trained a bit more to get my team to L25, before challenging Gardenia. She's one of my favorite trainer btw, the other being Cynthia Turtwig set up a nice Reflect when I pit Pingu against him, so I switched and let Regulus break the wall. Cherrim got a critical hit with Magical Leaf on Pingu (but he survived with 8 HP ^^), and Roserade got 1KO with Aerial Ace from Reg.

I thought about catching Rotom... Then decided not to, since I'm not using him anyway. I cleared the rest of the Old Chateau though, and after that the Eterna Galactic HQ. Got a bike and a Togepi egg, then off to Route 206. I wanted to get a Gligar. Since getting a wild one with preferable nature would be very vexing, I decided to breed it instead. Which is lucky since I found a female one on the first try XD

I might go off route and head to Solaceon first, before challenging the Hearthome Gym. I wanted Gligar to help with the gym, so yeah. Breeding time. And while I'm there, I'll go catch a Ralts and breed them as well to get a ton of Synchronizers.

... It seems though you can't get past Hearthome because there's these two dudes blocking the way >_> So I decided to go Gligar hunting and hopefully find a good natured one in a short time. Thankfully, I did. XD I got an Impish and a Jolly Gligar pretty quick. Now I'm deciding which one to use between the two, lol. I ran an IV calculator just for fun, and... the Impish Gligar's lowest IV is Def and likewise, the Jolly one's is Speed. Talk about irony.

I decided to go with the Jolly one, since its IVs are better overall... Not that it really matters though, lol. Then I went through Wayward Cave, "rescued" Mira and got TM26, which is now on Gligar. I wanted to challenge Fantina but my team is around L29, so I plan on leveling up a bit more... Maybe until I get Pingu to learn Brine at L33.
    Last edited by arceus03; 17th June 2012 at 3:33 AM.

After 180, no Shiny of Dialga, I give :/

So I made my way to Sunnyshore city.

Battled a trainer a long the way.

Then encountered Flint.

The music on Sunnyshore shore is awesome

I just saved inisde the PKMN centre to play later, nya~

I got my third badge. After that, I headed to Solaceon, meeting Barry on the way. Continuing on, I cleared the Lost Tower (though I still need to come again later with Defog). I bought a batch of MooMoo Milk (love how you can get them for a dozen at once) and after that headed to Veilstone.

I thought of breeding a batch of Ralts to get good-natured Synchronizers, but then I noticed that the one I caught in the wild was a Modest one with Synchronize, which is good enough. For now, I'll go with her and try to get a Modest-natured Mesprit later on, unless I feel like breeding for a Calm one.

In Veilstone, I went ahead and moved on to Route 214 first to get a Razor Fang, then evolved Gligar. And while I was there, I battled the people there while abusing Vs. Seeker, raising my team up to L37 before challenging Maylene. I actually went ahead to Pastoria first to get Gliscor learn Fire Fang, and got Tropius while I was there. I thought of buying Ice Beam TM for Pingu, but I didn't have enough money. XD

Moving on.. Veilstone's Mart is lovely, because you can get a whole bunch of Lava Cookies there. $400 cheaper than Full Heal, with the same effect? Why not? XD I sold all my remaining Awakenings, Paralyze Heals, Antidotes, Ice Heals, Burn Heals and Full Heals after that. Lava Cookie is much more worth it. :3

After challenging Maylene (all her Pokemon got one-shot >_>) I went and bought some coins... Still not enough. Ah, the good old times when Ice Beam TMs only cost, what, 4000 coins instead of 10,000. Then I continued on Route 214 and Valor Lakefront, and with the Amulet Coin + Vs. Seeker, I finally got enough coins for an Ice Beam TM ^_^

I also got the Fly HM from Galactic HQ. Now I can fly instead of biking

The beach between Valor and Pastoria had tons of Pearls btw. o.o (Only 3, actually, but still...)

Anyway. Now that I'm in Pastoria for the second time, I'm challenging Wake, I mean, Crasher Wake. My team got leveled up to 40 after all the gym trainers, and seeing that they were close to getting up another level, I went out and Vs. Seeker'd some of the trainers in Route 214, gaining one more level. At L41, now I'm challenging Wake.

I mean, Crasher Wake.

... Some timeskip later on...

After Wake, I went on west through the raining route and marsh, and got a Dawn Stone and a few other items in the mud. Reached Mr. Backlot's mansion with the rich kids and socialites, money fodder yum. Took the Clefairy challenge and eventually battled the Rich Kid with Blissey. Shame I don't have anyone with Thief, or I would've gotten a Rare Candy XD

Anyway, after that, I continued my journey to Solaceon and cured the Psyducks of their chronic headaches, lol. Some Ninja Boys and Ace Trainers later, I arrived at Celestic. Met Cyrus, bla bla bla, got Surf. Now I can go to Canalave and finally get rid of Cut on Pingu... About time, too. Serves me right for being too lazy to catch a Bidoof earlier on >_>

Ah well. Next I'm back in Solaceon and covered whatever was left to the west of it. Now to go through all Sinnoh again to reach Surf-able areas. Treasure hunting, yay. Byron can wait.
    Last edited by arceus03; 18th June 2012 at 7:07 AM.

After receiving my first gym, I went back to Jubilife, and found Prof. Rowan and Dawn talking to two guys with ridiculously funny outfits. Then Dawn and I had a double battle with them Galactic Grunts, and my Prinplup and her Chimchar really pwned! My Prinplup leveled up to level 18 too! They ran away, and Dawn and Prof. Rowan left too. Then this fatty went next to me and gave me a Fashion case! We kept going and fought some trainers. We caught a Bidoof just for Rock Smash. I got to floaroma town, and am currently resting

I went through Sinnoh and accessed all the previous places that could only be reached via Surf. Got lots of neat items, Rare Candies, TMs and such. I also ventured through Routes 219 - 221 and reached the Pal Park place. Then I went to Floaroma and surfed up to the meadow and got a bunch of Honey and other stuff. After that, I went inside Fuego Ironworks and got the Flamethrower TM apart from Sun Stones and shards.

Then I continued on to Canalave. Lovely music btw <3
    Fought Barry, who just got his 6th Badge despite his Pokemon's underleveledness. Eh. Mine trumped him by like 10 levels >_>
    After that I went to Iron Islands and helped Riley take care of the Galactic Grunts, and got a Riolu egg. Not that I plan on raising Lucario though.

Next up, Byron's gym~
    Last edited by arceus03; 19th June 2012 at 10:06 PM.

^I must ask, are you playing Platinum or Diamond/Pearl?
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I spent more time trying to complete my Platinum's Pokedex. I've been working really hard to evolve many of the Pokemon that have been rotting in the PC for ages, so I've been battling many trainers. Also, I did some trading with my HeartGold and Pal Parking from Emerald in order to obtain certain Pokes. As of now, I only have ~20 Pokemon left to go before my dex is complete and I've seen 488 Pokemon. The Kanto and Johto portions of my dex are 100% complete, so I only have the Hoenn and Sinnoh parts left.

I found a shiny Drapion

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    ^I must ask, are you playing Platinum or Diamond/Pearl?
    Platinum.

Quite a lot happened since last time. I got the 6th Badge, and was assigned to investigate Lake Valor. Well, apart from the huge amount of Magikarp flopping around, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the lake, so I left again after talking to the weird man inside the cave and headed to Lake Verity. I met another weird red haired woman and helped Dawn trashed her. After that I continued my journey for the 7th Badge.

... Route 216, snow! Oh joy. Constant hailing and slow walking is just the way to enjoy the scenery ^^ Some trainers and lots of items later, I reached Acuity Lakefront where I met Barry... on top of a cliff. Oh well. Then I went and got the 7th Badge from Candice, and met Maylene in the Pokemon Center. After that I went to Acuity Lakefront again to find Barry getting trashed by Jupiter... Okay.

Next up, with Rock Climb available, I went to do some more treasure hunting around Sinnoh, before going to the Galactic HQ in Veilstone. Lots of Grunts and tons of Stunky later, I found myself facing Cyrus and the weird man from Lake Valor, both of whom I defeated quite easily. Then I released the three Lake Guardians. Now off to Mt. Coronet.

After some cave exploring, rock climbing and even more Grunts than at the HQ, I reached Mars and Jupiter. Aaaaaaand here comes Barry. Ah well. I put up Empoleon, and he basically swept the whole battle... sort of. First turn with the Bronzors and Munchlax, two Surf KOd all three of them. Purugly, Skuntank and Rapidash came out next. I tried to let Rapidash do some of the work by "stalling" with Flash Cannon but he's too pathetic (his Fire Blast didn't even make Skuntank go to yellow HP I believe) so another Surf ended the turn. Final match, the twin Golbats. Ice Beam took care of the first one; Barry's Heracross Night Slashed the other one but... well, I guess you could say it's because Reflect was up. So in the end Pingu practically fought the battle himself >_>

Some scenes later on, I'm inside the Distortion World.

Perfect timing to realize I haven't stocked up on balls yet. I got like 17 Ultra Balls from all around Sinnoh, hidden and whatnot, but few other balls. So I went out again and flew to Pastoria to get a whole bunch of Dusk Balls (3.5x > 2x) before going back to the Distortion World. After walking through it, defying physics and whatnot, I reached Cyrus and Giratina. Fought Cyrus (sort of) and saved, before engaging Giratina.

First try. I sent out Gliscor, Rock Slide it to red HP then switched to Empoleon. Pingu stalled while I keep chucking Dusk Balls, occasionally healing if the Giratina goes off screen. Twice I got like three ball shakes before Giratina broke free >_>

It ended up that the battle was too long until Giratina used Stuggle, and it died. Oh well.
    Second try was much easier. I sent out Pingu, gave it some battle items (X Defend and X Sp. Def. Which I would never have used otherwise in other battles XD) and Ice Beamed and Grass Knotted Gira. 5 Dusk Balls later, I caught Gira, which was much quicker than the last attempt o.o

I can't wait to get out already. Mesprit, wait for me. I'm coming to get you :3
    Last edited by arceus03; 22nd June 2012 at 6:15 AM.

Started plugging back away at Platinum while watching shows with the family yesterday - currently on a challenge where I can only use 3 Pokémon for battling in the entire game (except before they become available), and I've chosen Roserade, Drifblim and Mamoswine for this purpose.

Last night I covered the entire area between Hearthome and Veilstone, including all trainers, the items in the Unown Ruins, and the Lost Tower, in just under an hour. I'm now sitting in the Vielstone Pokémon Center, ready to hit the town for the major items available and face the gym later this evening. Lotus was a bit behind in levels after Jeanne took out almost all of Hearthome Gym by herself, but she's just about caught up in time for Jeanne to sweep the Veilstone Gym and leave her behind again. Still considering hitting up Lost Cave to see Mira (because I like covering all story-based sidequests), but will probably pass until Fly is available.

CURRENT TEAM:
    Lotus (Roselia, F, lv.34)
    Jeanne (Drifblim, F, lv.35)
    Piplup [HM user]
    Bidoof [HM user]

Alright. I've got Giratina, and now I'm out of Distortion World. I don't care if Cyrus wants to live there for all his life, I'm certainly not going to keep him company. Maybe he'd be less lonely if, you know, he brought along his Commanders and have a game of Go Fish or something.

Now for Mesprit. I saved in front of him in Lake Verity, and let the chase begin! So far, 5 attempts. Gentle, Impish, Jolly, Hasty, Serious. No acceptable nature yet, since I'm looking for a Calm or Modest. At least, Bold or maybe Timid. I just read somewhere that Synchronize does not work for roaming legendaries, which, well, sucks. >_> Good thing I haven't started breeding Ralts for a Calm Synchronizer. Ah well.

More resets.

6th attempt, I got a Calm Mesprit. Hwee. ^^ It got crap Def IV, but who cares anyway :P At least the nature is fine. Now to catch the other two lake guardians, before going off to Sunyshore.

Uxie doesn't want to get inside the ball =( 35 Dusk Balls later, I had to reset. lol. Next try was much... easier. I sent out Pingu and used an item. One Dusk Ball later, I got the yellow critter. o.o

Azelf was more or less the same. Since I had Uxie, I stalled with him using Yawn and Amnesia, all the while chucking Dusk Balls. I think I used something like 15 balls on him.

Anywayyyyy. Now I've got a complete team. The three I had from earlier were around ~56, so right now I'd be placing Mesprit in all of the battles until I reach Sunyshore. Finally, onwards with the story.

I just noticed though that Thunder Wave TM can only be gotten at the BF... >_> I'll have to find another move for Mesprit then, since I'm certainly not going that far just to get 32 BP. Maybe some other move. Unfortunately, most of the better moves he can learn come after the E4.... Energy Ball, Calm Mind, Signal Beam.

>_>
    <_<
    >_>

Maybe Toxic, lol. I'll see. I don't really want to waste the Ice Beam TM on him, since Pingu is already having that.
    Last edited by arceus03; 22nd June 2012 at 8:51 AM.

I spent about 4 straight hours obtaining the remaining Pokemon I needed to get in order to complete my Platinum Pokedex. First, I did some more trading with HeartGold to get some of the Pokemon I was missing. Then, I spent a long time level grinding some Pokemon in order to evolve them. Eventually, I evolved the last Pokemon (Burmy into Mothim), and now have a 100% complete National Dex of all 493 Pokemon in this gen! I then went to the Valor Lakefront and got the diploma. Also, I now have a black Trainer Card with 5 stars. ^_^

This is the first time I've ever completed the National Dex...now I guess I'll have to work on completing it in other games!

Im gonna do new game on Platinum, after 4 years of gameplay I'm gonna miss using Infernape, Roserade, Luxray, Staraptor, Porygon Z and Tentacruel...
    I will be doing a Rotation/Nuzlocke, with TONS of Pokemon!! xD But a rule is I can only capture the first Pokemon in each route.

Just picked Chimchar, went through the beginning ritual, so boring! Finally, I started my journey, and immediately caught a Bidoof and Starly. They will all be in my rotation team I got Bidoof in the first street and Starly in the one after Sandgem. Finally arrived in Jubilife City. No deaths yet! I went directly to route 204 and captured myself a Budew. I battled the kids in the Pokemon School. Then I got the Poketch. I trained all my Pokemon to level 12.
        Spoiler:- TEAM:
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 23rd June 2012 at 11:06 AM.

Level grinding until I climb Mt. Coronet. Ugh, so lame. At least I get to go to the Distortion world!
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

I reached Sunyshore. I looked around and decided to stick some seals on the Pokeballs, just because. After going to the gym for a bit and finishing all the trainers, I saved. I went out again to train though. I'm planning to get my team to L57 before challenging Volkner. So far, Mesprit and Empoleon are already at L57, while Heracross and Gliscor needs one more level. And there's this fisherman with two Gyarados who gives lots of Exp. Points, so I'm going to abuse the Vs. Seeker and keep on grinding. Ooooor maybe I'll just go kill wild Floatzels.

Anyway. I finished training and challenged Volkner. After that, I talked to Jasmine to get Waterfall. Final time around, I went to the rest of Sinnoh which I couldn't previously and got a few neat items. Stone Plate, Meadow Plate, Adamant and Lustrous Orbs and Dragon Claw TM. Then I bought a bunch of Super Repels and went on Route 223 to reach Victory Road.

Of note, there's one trainer in the road with a Mamoswine. I had Gliscor in front, so I figured I'd just keep on battling. First turn, Fire Fang sent Mamo into yellow HP, but his Blizzard hit and nearly KOd Gliscor. I got left with 7 HP. Whew. And Frozen. >_>

So I used a Full Restore. I figured I'd get another hit after this, but Mamo's Ice Fang froze Gliscor again. <_<

Ah well. I switched to Empoleon, who got hit by Ice Fang and... froze. >_>

Really, three times in a row? That's just plain lucky.
    ... Though I do remember my Gliscor's Fire Fang once inflicted Burn and also made the enemy flinch in the same turn, so I can't complain :P

Some trainers and tons of experiences later on (Vs. Seeker doesn't work indoors. Shame), I got out of Victory Road and headed up to the Pokemon League. Barry came one last time to be trashed... Ah well. Might as well entertain him, ne? Most of his Pokemon got one shot except for Rapidash (it actually got one shot too, just that he's faster than Empoleon so he managed to land a Fire Blast (and a Burn >_>)) and Snorlax (cause I took a turn to Swords Dance with Gliscor). Anyway. Now that he's out of the way, I could go and challenge the E4. I think I might train a little bit more though. My current team are at L59. I might raise them all to L60 then feed them with drugs Rare Candies I've been saving so far.

Luckily, Vs. Seeker works on the sea. :3

Good thing Cynthia's Garchomp in Platinum is at L62 as opposed to, what, L66 in DP?

So, some training and drugs Rare Candies later, I got my team to L62. I still have 7 remaining... I'll save those for post-E4.

Alright, on with the E4. Tomorrow. Maybe. lol.
    Last edited by arceus03; 23rd June 2012 at 7:58 AM.

Restarted Platinum and went with Chimchar this time since I usually choose Turtwig.

I went through the whole first scene thing and afterwards trained my Chimchar to level 10 before arriving in Sandgem Town. Got the Return TM, told mom to pack me lunch cause I was leaving, and watched Dawn catch a Bidoof. I decided I wasnt going to use them “standard team” (Starter, Luxray, Staraptor, Floatzel, another poke, HM Slave), so the first pokemon I decided to catch was Abra. I had to catch a few until I got the right nature, but luckily Chimchar had Taunt.

After that, I battled the trainers with my Chimchar evolving into Monferno and learning Mach Punch (Yes!). I then proceeded to make my way to the first gym. But instead my Rival was in front of the gym. After smacking him around a little, he told me to check out the tunnel. I found him in there goofing off, but he went back to the Gym after I confronted him. Battled the trainers and before exiting, I caught a Zubat and Onix. I then made my way into the gym. Beat the first two trainers easily with Monferno and then it was time for Roarak.

Beat Geodude and Onix with Monferno easily. I sent out Onix against Cranidos but I forgot it knew Pursuit. Got in 2 Screeches before Onix fainted, but Monferno took it out with one Mach Punch.

Made my way back to Jubilife City, teamed up with Dawn and beat the Galactic Grunts, and made it to Floroma Town. The liitle girl told me Team Galactic was holding her papi hostage, so I went to the rescue. I caught a Pachirisu in the Valley Windworks and got the key to get inside. I beat the grunts and fought the Commander. Used Onix to Screech, Pachirisu to Charm, and Monferno to win it.

After that, I battled the trainers on my way to Eterna Forest. Once I made it, some girl asked me to help her make it through. I wondered why she needed my help, but after seeing that all she had was a chansey I knew why. I battled all the trainers, but decided to stay with her to train my pokemon.

Team:

Monferno lv.23
    Pachirisu lv.17
    Abra lv.12
    Onix lv. 13
    Zubat lv.13
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I finished the game. OR well, at least 95% of it. I defeated the Elite 4 and accessed the extra part in the Victory Road. After that, I continued on to the Battle Area, cleared Stark Mountain sidequest and got a villa. Then I caught the rest of the legendaries, Dialga and Palkia. I also released the three birds and Cresselia, so now they are roaming somewhere in Sinnoh... not that I plan to catch them anyway. I also bought a whole bunch of furniture for the villa. Now I've been challenging the gymleaders and partners in the Top Trainer Cafe. My Pokemon are now at ~L72. I might continue doing so until I reach L78 to challenge the E4 again, or I might just leave it there.

I still have a ton of Rare Candies as well. I might just feed my team for the last time and challenge the E4 again. Idk. Or I might start Heart Gold. :P

Diamond.

Talked with Jasmine :3 eeeek shes one of my favecharacters x3 wished she followed me around like Cheryl did xD

I'm training my PKMN by fighting trainers near Sunnyshore, nya~

Starting a new Platinum game with TheSirPeras. I did everything to start off the game and then went to choose Piplup as my starter. Once I beat my rival I headed to Sandgem Town and met with Professor Rowan so he could give me the Pokedex. Then I was back home getting the Running Shoes before truly beginning my journey. After Dawn showed me how to catch Pokemon on Route 202 I continued through the route battling the youngsters and such until I reached Jubilife City.

Current Team
    Lv10
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Page 192 of 217 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast