Page 196 of 212 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 5278

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

I went ahead and took on the water routes and the Pal Park route that are south of Sandgem Town because I figured more training couldn't hurt. When I finished there I headed to Canalave City and had a quick battle with the rival before heading to the gym. Gliscor and Empoleon had an easy time against the trainers of the gym. Once I had rode the panels to the top I challenged Byron. Gliscor defeated Magneton with Earthquake while Empoleon beat Steelix and Bastiodon with Surf. When I exited the gym my rival told me to head to the Library, so I did. Professor Rowan gave a speech and told us to search the lakes for mystery Pokemon. Before we could leave there was a huge explosion at Lake Valor. I headed there and once I reached the entrance to the Lake I took a break.

Current Team
    Lv42
    Lv42
    Lv41
    Lv42
    Lv42
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I beat the trainers in pastoria gym, beat Wake, caught up with the galactic grunt, beat him, got the secret potion, gave it to the psyducks after beating all the trainers on the route to the left of pastoria, and am heading to Celestic town.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Diamond: It has officially been over five years since I first started this game and progress has been really slow. My original Pokemon team are only at Level 97, so just three more levels and I'll be done. Got almost every single Underground decoration possible (I am only missing the trophies and cups given out by Mr. Goods).

- Best of all, I managed to catch a shiny Spiritomb from the Hallow Tower on Route 209. Here's an image.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

I discovered Team Galactic at the lake and had to battle a few grunts before taking on another leader, Saturn. His team wasn't able to put up much of a fight though so he quickly fled but not before mentioning something about Lake Verity. I went there only to discover Team Galactic was also there. It was double battles this time though and Gliscor and Vespiquen teamed up and destroyed their Houndours and Murkrows. Mars was there and she wasn't near as difficult this time. Professor Rowan was concerned about Lake Acuity so I had to go to Celestic Town and head through Mt Coronet (while picking up 2 Rare Candies) all the way until I reached a snowy route. I wandered in some grass until I found my final team member, a Sneasel. I went to Canalave City after the capture and took a break.

Current Team
    Lv43
    Lv43
    Lv42
    Lv42
    Lv42
    Lv34
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Default Zach's Pokémon Platinum Adventure

Going to be putting each part in a spoiler tag and try to fit everything into as little posts as I can.

Spoiler:- Part 1:

Spoiler:- Part 2:

Spoiler:- Part 3:

Spoiler:- Part 4:

Spoiler:- Part 5:

Spoiler:- Part 6:

Spoiler:- Part 7:

Spoiler:- Part 8:

Spoiler:- Part 9:

Part 10 and up are in a later post.
    Last edited by Torpoleon; 11th August 2012 at 12:16 AM.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

After I evolved my Snorunt to Froslass I trained it to level 35. Then I went to the Lake Acuity. Meanwhile I found HM Rock Climb. When I got to the lake, I saw some weird rocks and Drummer. Drummer told me that I needed to win the 7 badge to actually get to the lake. So we went to Snowpoint City and took on the gym. The most annoying gym ever. I had to go get TM Brick Break to like, win. I lost so many times against her. Too many times... That Froslass... Manages to kill my whole team. Except Ambipom, who lost against the Snow Man guy who I forgot the name. But, eventually I got tired of losing, so I got some Sitrus Berries. I managed to OHKO Sneasel with Ambipom, and defeat Abomasnow (thats the snow man lol) whitout losing Ambipom. Then I poisoned Froslass with Drapion who lost after. I then sent in Gastrodon who had a Sitrus Berry. ****ING Froslass that kept avoiding surf!! SO ANNOYING!! AND THEN THAT ANNOYING SITRUS BERRY! ARGHHH -_- OMG and then she used a Full restore!!!!!!!! (im writing this as i battle) Ok now I have no chances I sent in my Froslass. Froslass survived with 3 HP... and then I used crunch... and her Froslass... has like 1 HP left... and my Froslass is dead. I sent in my Ambipom. Meh it has 25 HP and it's probably slower :/ OMG Ambipom is faster XD I killed Froslass finally!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Ambipom!! Let's not forget you've beaten the odds many times, against Fantina and Crasher Wake too!!!!!!!!!!! Here comes Piloswine... I trust Ambipom to beat it. I used Brick Break and... it didn't die?!?!?!?! :O There goes Ambipom... My last chance, Torterra... Not very confident... I used Razor Leaf... YES!! Finally XD XD XD!!!!!!! Omg Im so happy after losing like 5 times to that Froslass... I finally received my seventh badge!! I the received the TM for Avalanche. Let's take a minute and thank my Ambipom. It OHKO Sneasel, 2HKO Abomasnow, and managed to defeat Froslass. Thank you haha :P BTW I taught Ambipom Brick Break. I went to visit Snowpoint's temple, but apparently Im not important enough :/

I taught Rock Climb to Torterra. I went to the lake and saw Jupiter leave. Drummer said he couldn't do anything and Uxie was suffering. Then Jupiter left and so did Drummer. I surfed to this area with grass and found TM Blizzard there. I also caught a Snorunt there. Level 40 male Snorunt. Called it HockeyMask. I saved after.
    Team:

A while ago, I started a new game on Platinum. I got to Jubilife and put it down for a while. All I had was a Jolly Chimchar. So Yesterday, I picked it up again and finally decided on a team. I went North to the cave so that I could get a Zubat, which I did. The second Zubat I caught was Adamant! Yes! I stopped there and will continue later...

Lv. 9

Lv. 6

This is what you get after two weaks of holiday, being behind all the others who started playing Platinum at the same time. So, to catch up...

I started my game, and it appeared that I was on my way to Canalave city. I originally wanted to lvl before the gym, but I decided that I wouldn't, instead I'm going to rush to the League, and then train. I'm also skipping most of the trainers, but not the gym ones. So, on the bridge in Cavalave I encountered my rival and trashed him. Then I owned Byron and his gym. And after that I owned team Galactic in the lakes. And I burned the Ice gym, until nothing but ash remained. Went to Veilstone, and then to Spear Pillar after that. Right now I've just defeated team Galactic, for what I believe is the last time. I have saved in front of Dialga, since I'm trying to get a decent nature.
    The team hasn't lvld that much, but I'll catch up before I challenge the E4.

Team:
    Level 55
    Level 55
    Level 55
    Level 55

After I caught a Snorunt I flew to Veilstone City cuz I could predict where TG was going next... :P
    I went next to their headquarters and saw this dumb TG grunt and defeated him I think. Then Looker came and apparently he had the key for the TG basement thing or whatever it was. We went there and went through the whole house defeating random Team Galactic grunts. At some point, HockeyMask, also known as Snorunt evolved into Glalie! Finally, my team is complete. At the end I found another key, for the main headquarters of Team Galactic. We went in there, but had to stop because our battery turned red and we don't take risks. We saved and stopped.
    Team:
    "Leafwiggy" Lv 44
    "Flirt" Lv 43
    "Handy" Lv 44
    "Scorpio" Lv 44
    "Santas Bud" Lv 42
    "HockeyMask" Lv 42

I spent some time in Iron Island trying to level up Sneasel but it proved difficult because of the lack of decent attacks. It proved helpful in the end though and once I finished up there I returned to Celestic Town and went back through Mt Coronet to the snowy area where I caught Sneasel. I beat the trainers around here and then continued north into a blizzard. It was difficult getting through with limited visability but I did it and also found a new HM. I found my rival already near Lake Acuity and he told me I would be unable to reach it without another badge. Not to get too far behind him I went to Snowpoint City and saved in front of the gym.

Current Team
    Lv44
    Lv44
    Lv44
    Lv44
    Lv43
    Lv43
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I kept playing and entered the TG HQ. We went through it and found Cyrus give a stupid speech. We found Looker too. So after the speech we found Cyrus and fought him. We lost the first time cuz my Torterra missed its attack and got killed. Shame. That Crobat is tough no joke. My Ambipom defeated Sneasel, Glalie defeated Crobat, and last but not least Honchkrow... He is so hard. At least Drapion is faster, so it used Rock Tomb to decrease Honchkrow's speed, but not enough to kill it. Since I was getting tired of this fight because of the Sitrus Berry, I just called in Froslass because it's faster (much faster now) and has epic moves. One Ice Fang killed the bird finally. It also leveled up. And so did Torterra, Hurray. And wtf the bad guy gave me a master ball lol. I took the warp panel Cyrus told me about before he left, and went to save Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie. We found Saturn there and the old guy too and the battle begun. I put Gastrodon first because he has the most HP of all my Mon', but its very slow though. Oh well, Air Cutter did nothing (from Golbat). I started spamming Surf, while getting spammed with Air Cutter. I defeated Golbat, then he sent a Bronzor. I sent... Froslass. I started using Crunch for the sake of it. Got hit by a Gyro Ball. Another Crunch. Then he confused me. I didn't pull off a Crunch though. I tried again and snapped out of my confusion, and defeated Bronzor! Next is Toxicroak... It's Torterra's time to shine! Even though it probably won't survive any attack because it has 55 HP. Unfortunately, Toxicroak used X Scissor first and defeated Torterra. I sent in Ambipom. Used return, did a lot of damge but wtf the frog has a berry, and a brick break :O I lost. I sent in Glalie... Not expecting the best... He used Poison Jab which killed Glalie because it had 38 hp... Sent in Froslass (21 HP...) DAMNIT CANT USE ATTRACT ****ING FEMALE TOXICROAK :O Used Crunch... what a dumb move.... and lost... My last hope is Gastrodon... 93 HP... My hidden power is Psychic so it should be good...He used BRICK BREAK... ****ING CRITICAL HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *RAGE*
    I need to take a break, Im sorry.
    Team:
    Lv 44
    Lv 44
    Lv 44
    Lv 44
    Lv 43
    Lv 43

I was shocked by how easy a time I had in the Snowpoint Gym. Sneasel and Empoleon took out most of the trainers and I didn't have too much difficulty with the snowball puzzle. Even Candice wasn't that bad. Vespiquen took out her Sneasel with Attack Order, Piloswine fell because of Empoleon's Surf and then Abomasnow was defeated thanks to a combined effort from Vespiquen and Porygon2. I thought Froslass would be bad but it got taken out by Sneasel's Faint Attack while it spammed Double Team. The Icicle Badge is mine! I was able to scale the rocks now and I found my rival had been defeated by Jupiter just seconds before I got there. She mentioned something about their headquarters in Veilstone so I went there and began scouring the facility. I found a Dubious Disc which I gave to Porygon2 before finding a Card Key which gave me access to the main building. I fought through more grunts and eventually had to take on Cyrus. I didn't have as much trouble as TheSirPeras did but his Crobat was annoying. Once I beat him he gave me a Master Ball so I continued on and battled Saturn in an easy battle (Sorry SirPeras). I released the 3 Mystical Pokemon and then went towards Mt Coronet.

I began my ascent to the top in this dark mountain. Occasionally I could go outside but it was difficult to see anything because of the weather. For some reason there were some Galactic grunts spewed out around the mountain but my team took care of most of them. When I reached the Sky Pillar I was about to be tag teamed by Mars and Jupiter but my rival showed up and helped me. He proved to be dead weight. ALL of his Pokemon fainted during the battle but only one of mine did (Gliscor). Only his Rapidash helped out by taking down one of the Bronzor. Once they were defeated he ran off and I watched Cyrus call Dialga and Palkia. Before he could command them Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf appeared and intervened just long enough for Giratina to appear and abduct Cyrus. Cynthia (Where the f*** did she come from?) and I chased after them into the Distortion World.

Current Team
    Lv47
    Lv45
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv45
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Default Zach's Pokémon Platinum Adventure

Still probably had room on the first post for this, but since we are starting the aftergame, I figured I'd start on a new post.

Spoiler:- Part 10:

Spoiler:- Part 11:

Spoiler:- Part 12:

Spoiler:- Part 13:
    Last edited by Torpoleon; 11th August 2012 at 6:17 PM.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I went against Saturn again. This time it was better. Froslass won against Golbat, Gastrodon won against Bronzor and Froslass beat Toxicroak. I released Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit. I then headed to the top of Mt. Coronet. I managed to level up a bit on my way. Gastrodon and Ambipom were really helpful here. I taught some new moves, Blizzard to Glalie and Froslass, Thunder to Froslass, Hyper Beam to Glalie, Rock Slide to Drapion. Drummer came to help me in a double battle against Mars and Jupiter. I sent in Gastrodon and Drummer sent in... a Munchlax... I ended up killing Munchlax because it was spamming Stockpile... so he sent in Staraptor. It was thanks to me Purugly, Skuntank, Bronzor (x2) . Yeah. Gastrodon is that awesome! Staraptor did help but you know almost nothing! I had an Exp. Share on Glalie the whole time and he got to level 46. He called back Staraptor and sent in Roserade agaisnt Golbat?? Oh well... My Gastrodon lost against a Giga Drain though. I sent in Froslass and used Blizzard... which missed... -_- I used it again and knocked out both Golbat... Yaii... I'll say Froslass is actually pretty good now. It used to be weak but not anymore! And at least Drummer healed our Pokemon! And he left like wtf? Cyrus spawned Dialga and Palkia afterwards. It was pretty cool lol.Then I saw Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit appeared to protect Sinnoh and eventually Giratina appeared!! Giratina took Cyrus to a different world... the Distortion World... Cynthia appeared (like Drummerdude said, wtf?). The three mitical Pokemon went there too and then I jumped in there with Cynthia to try and save the world! And like Drummerdude, I stopped and saved.
    Team:
    Team:
    Lv 44
    Lv 44
    Lv 45
    Lv 45
    Lv 44
    Lv 46

I got to the Distortion World and talked with Cynthia about where exactly we were. She somehow knew and decided to ditch me instead of doing the smart thing and teaming up through this place. I got lost quite a few times because of stones taking me to dead ends or floating stones disappearing whenever I got near them. After 10 minutes or so I found the 3 Mystical Pokemon who were trying to help me with a Strength puzzle. Uxie's and Mesprit's were easy but Azelf's took a little time to get to but featured a cool surfing sequence. Once I solved the puzzle I rode a platform down and confronted Cyrus. Gliscor beat his Houndoom with Earthquake and Porygon2 defeated his Gyarados with Thunderbolt. He went to Weavile next so I sent out Vespiquen and wanted to use Attack Order but Weavile's Ice Punch froze Vespiquen and then knocked it out in the next turn. Empoleon came out and beat it with a few Flash Cannons. Honchkrow was beaten by a combination of Sneasel and Empoleon while Gallade beat his Crobat with Psycho Cut. Cyrus fumed about his loss and stepped aside as I took on Giratina. I ended up knocking it out and leaving.

For some reason I had to go visit Rowan after saving the world but not my mom. He blabbered on before letting me go. I flew to Snowpoint and headed south to the Rock Climb spot and grabbed Ice Beam and taught it to Empoleon. Then I went to Pastoria and battled some swimmers between the city and the resort before taking a break.

Current Team
    Lv47
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv46
    Lv47
    Lv47
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Affter I entered the Distortion World we headed to find Cyrus and Giratina and save Sinnoh! Cynthia ended up going her way and we saw Mesprit once. We saw Cynthia again and she told us a bit more about the Distortion World. Eventually we went down a lot and saw Cyrus. He left again. Arghh. We went down more and saw Uxie and he left too. We went down again and saw Uxie and CYnthia again. We saw Mesprit again and he left again. We saw Giratina fly by. We pushed some boulders on some holes until Uxie and Mesprit left their places. After some time we managed to find our way and Giratina flew by us. Eventually we saw the last mirage pokemon, Azelf. We pushed a boulder to the hole next to Azelf. Cynthia tols us the Mirage Pokemon left and then a new platform behind her appeared. We went down and found Cyrus. And the battle begun! Lucky we had Gastrodon in first against Houndoom. We OHKO'd it with Surf!! Then Gyarados was sent in, so I sent it Froslass. We hit it with Thunder but didn't kill it! So I had to use Attract. I missed a Thunder afterwards and Gyarados killed me I sent in Drapion and used Toxic. He used Earthquake wow. Didn't kill me though. I then used Rock Slide, which was pertty good. The Gyarados flinched! Then another Rock Slide almost killed it, and he killed us, but the Toxic killed him so a tie!! I sent in Ambipom now. He sent in Honchkrow. This won't be easy. I managed to hit it with Iron Tail, and it did pretty decent damage, and then we survived a Horn Drill. Then we used Return and killed Honchkrow. He sent in a Weavile now... We're keeping Ambipom. Damnit hes faster and flinched us. He then defeated us. We sent in Glalie. We used Avalanche due to the bonus since we know Weavile is faster. Didn't do much though. So we used Hyper Beam! Didn't do much either and Weavile had a berry. We then lost and sent in Gastrodon. Surf vs Ice Punch. We survived Ice Punch and Weavile took some damage from Surf. Another Surf VS Ice Punch. We survived again and killed Weavile! Then he sends in Crobat. We had to use a Max Revive on Froslass, otherwise we wouldn't win. We managed to survive one hit by Crobat though, but there's nothing else to be done. Gastrodon, after defeating two Pokemon, went down. So we sent in Torterra to see if we could win this or not. We used Rock Climb, but got ht first by Cross Poison. Barely did anything though. And Rock Climb wasn't great either. He confused us and we hit ourselves. He used Toxic and we snapped out of confusion and hit it with Rock Climb. Crobat is halfway down now! Crobat missed its move and we hit it again. I think one more Rock Climb will do, but the poison is starting to hurt now.Crobat used Air Slash and we survived with 11 HP!! We used Rock Climb and managed to defeat Crobat! And Torterra leveled up It's trying to learn Crunch but we won't teach it because the only grass move it will learn now is Leaf Storm since we already know Giga Drain. Woo hoo we defeated Cyrus! Cyrus left after and Cynthia healed our Pokemon. Giratina appeared and we started our battle with it. First came Gastrodon and she used Hidden Power. Did nothing basically. Gastrodon ended up losing anyways. I sent in Froslass and Blizzard'd Giratina. It was quite strong. Giratina used Ominous Wind which almost defeated our Pokemon. Froslass used Ice Fang and now it's time to try and capture the Giratina. We sent in Drapion just because it's a good tank. We tried an Ulta Ball and failed lol. We then googled a bit and realized we can go back for Giratina if we kill it, so we killed it for exp. Cyrus came back and blabbed. Then we passed a portal and went back to Sinnoh. Then I headed to Prof. Rowan. I love how absolutely nobody knows you saved the world. It's like they didn't hear about Giratina, Dialga and Palkia appearing or anything like that, wasn't on the news or anything like that. The least they could do was give me all their Pokemon as a thank you present so I can rule the world...

Anyways, we flew to Sandgem Town and met up with Prof Rowan. Well no presents from him either. He told us to go to Sunyshore and we will. BUT! I will next time I saved and stopped.

Team:
    Lv 45
    Lv 45
    Lv 45
    Lv 45
    Lv 45
    Lv 46

FUN FACT: WHEN WE SAVED, THERE WERE EXACTLY 30:00 HOURS PLAYED

Pearl

Recently picked up my Pearl cartridge after months of not playing. I'd stopped right before the 7th Gym for some odd reason, so I've spent the past few days defeating the remaining Gym Leaders + Pokemon League and completing post-game. Team's quite random, but probably one of my all-time favourites:

Mylo
    Mild Nature [60]
    {Close Combat, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Rock Slide}
    Trusty starter. Never actually used Infernape before this playthrough. Shocking how useful he is compared to all the Gen V starters. Close Combat is amazing and maims everything that doesn't resist it. Originally had Flare Blitz on this set, but I find Flamethrower better for longevity and his Special Attack is higher anyway due to his Mild Nature. Grass Knot hits Water-types hard and Rock Slide is basically a filler.

Hannah
    Modest Nature [63]
    {Surf, Air Slash, Ice Beam, Fly}
    From my old Diamond file, which I lost all my Pokemon on bar her (transferred them all to Ranch and the Wii broke.) Had to raise her to level 47 as a Wingull - pain in the arse, but worth it for Air Slash. Surf is also for STAB and Ice Beam is just useful in general. She achieves near perfect coverage with these 3 moves (only Empoleon and the Lanturn line resist it iirc), so Fly is for utility.

Heidi
    Quiet Nature [60]
    {Energy Ball, Psychic, HP Fire, Leaf Storm}
    A weird choice, but definitely one of my favourite Pokemon from Gen IV. Took so many attempts to catch a female Burmy with HP Fire, but she needs it for coverage. Modest Nature would have been ideal, but eh, a + Special Attack nature is sufficient. Leaf Storm is surprisingly powerful despite her decidedly average Special Attack and Energy Ball is basically there for a reliable alternative. She doesn't get special Bug STAB unfortunately, so Psychic is there to hit Fire-types which otherwise resist this set.

Jayden
    Naive Nature [61]
    {Hi Jump Kick, Zen Headbutt, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch}
    This guy is insane with Pure Power. Even with his rather poor nature, he OHKO's essentially everything. I traded him to HG to tutor Zen Headbutt on him for secondary STAB, and Ice Punch and Thunderpunch don't serve much purpose rather than dealing with other Psychic types and adding extra coverage.

Hecuba
    Brave Nature [60]
    {Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Shadow Sneak, HP Fighting}
    Another difficult one to obtain, especially with HP Fighting, but she achieves perfect coverage with it, so it was totally worth it. Again, nature's rather crap, but at least it gives Shadow Sneak a boost.

Kuma
    Adamant Nature [60]
    {Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Stone Edge, Earthquake}
    Wasn't actually intending to use him since I already had a Water/Flying type, but he was on the team since the beginning just sort of gathering dust, so I decided to EXP Share him up after the 4th Gym. Adamant nature is a huge boon and he destroys everything after a couple of DD boosts. Again, he pretty much has perfect coverage, bar Breloom who isn't in the Sinnoh Dex anyway.

Diamond

I've turned my attentions to Diamond now that Pearl's been completed. I'm not nearly as far along in this one. I'm up to about 5 Gym Badges now.

Pecola
    Serious Nature [42]
    {Surf, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Aqua Jet}
    Like I mentioned with Mylo, going from his 5th Gen equivalent - Samurott in this instance - to this guy is really odd - she's a huge step up, with better typing and stat distribution. My original intention was to run an Agility set, since hwe speed leaves a lot to be desired, but unfortunately it's an egg move, so Aqua Jet will have to suffice instead. Surf is the old classic and provides powerful and reliable STAB, whereas the standard Ice type move is covered by Blizzard, which will be replaced by Ice Beam as soon as I get the TM. Grass Knot rounds off the set and is brilliant against opposing Water types most of the time. Her nature isn't the best, but it works I suppose since it doesn't ruin her defenses or weaken either Aqua Jet or her special attacks.

Midas
    Modest Nature [42]
    {Air Slash, Signal Beam, HP Fighting, Psybeam}
    Don't think I've actually come across anyone else using Mothim in-game, which is a shame since he's not completely awful and his design far suprasses the other early game bugs imo. Anyway, Air Slash and Signal Beam provide invaluable STAB. Steel resists both these so Hidden Power helps against them. Psybeam isn't much worth at all, but he learns Psychic by level-up soon, so it'll be replaced then.

Lex
    Brave Nature [42]
    {Cross Chop, Stone Edge, Ice Punch, Brick Break}
    In all my years of playing Pokemon, I've never once used Machamp on a team, but this guy is an absolute beast and heaps of fun with No Guard. I intend to replace either Brick Break or Cross Chop with Dynamic Punch, since the 100% confusion rate is too good to pass up. I know using two Fighting moves is not ideal, but Dynamic Punch has paltry PP and I'd rather not be running back to the Pokemon centre every 5 turns. Stone Edge benefits greatly from No Guard too, and Rock's brilliant coverage, whereas Ice Punch is really only there to hit Garchomp and the like for heavier damage.

Inky
    Lonely Nature [41]
    {Night Slash, Flamethrower, Poison Jab, Dig}
    Skunk's were actually my favourite animal as a child and I always said I'd use the Stunky line when they were first unveiled. I never got round to it till this playthrough though. Nevertheless, this guy's both adorable and useful, with only a weakness to Ground and really handy resistances. Night Slash is basically his main STAB attack, since Poison has really poor coverage. Since Steel types resist/are immune to both his STAB options, Flamethrower is there to obliterate them. Dig is basically there due to lack of better options. I would've used Sucker Punch, but that requires breeding and I just couldn't be bothered in all honesty, especially when I'd already caught one with a decent nature.

Bella
    Adamant Nature [41]
    {Rock Slide, Low Kick, Wood Hammer, Sucker Punch}
    I'm not a huge fan of Sudowoodo, but this playthrough was all about using Pokemon I hadn't before, so here she is! She's actually quite the powerhouse, especially with the Adamant nature and great coverage. She's incredibly slow though and pretty much maimed by most special attacks. Sucker Punch helps to an extent though. Rock Slide is her best STAB option so far, but I intend to replace it with Stone Edge soon. Wood Hammer is fantastic with Rock Head, whereas Low Kick is unreliable but Fighting has great synergy with Rock-type attacks, and it's her only option at this moment. Hammer Arm comes soon though. Double Edge is another possibility, but that doesn't provide nearly as good coverage, and if I override Sucker Punch, it leaves her with no priority to rectify her dismal speed.

Penny
    Timid Nature [41]
    {SolarBeam, Sunny Day, Weather Ball, HP Rock}
    This thing was a pain in the arse to get - I had to breed her on HG so that she could get Weather Ball to compliment Sunny Day. The Hidden Power isn't particularly powerful, and Timid Nature leaves her a little lacking, but I didn't feel like breeding for another with a better nature + a decent Hidden Power, and she pulls her weight fairly well anyways. Her ability's pretty decent too in Double battles, but they're fairly rare unfortunately.

Last edited by Crobat_Curse; 25th July 2013 at 5:49 PM.

I started Pokemon Pearl a week ago.
    I choose Chimchar as my starter.. easily pass all the areas and caught all the possibly pokemons on them, until i stopped now on Eterna city (defeated Team Galaxy and Gym leader). Now im on the way to Celestic Town asap

My team:
    - Golbat lvl27
    - Staravia lvl18
    - Luxio lvl19
    - Monferno lvl20
    - Kadabra lvl21
    - Bibarel lvl 20

In my PC:
    Box 1 22/30
    Psyduck
    Kricketot
    Geodude
    Onix
    Budew
    Buizel
    Magikarp
    Pachirisu
    Shellos
    Misdreavus
    Cascoon
    Bunneary
    Dustox
    Wrumple
    Combee
    Hoothoot
    Ponyta
    Meditite
    Chingling
    Bronzor
    Kricketune
    Machop
    Since '99 in the game!
    Trying to learn more and more everyday
    Re-starting in all pkmn versions! my new challenge!

The man that blocked my path before let me pass this time so I went through to a beach route. I beat all the trainers and then I arrived in Sunyshore City. Flint appeared and told me to ignite a fire in Volkner, the gym leader of the city. I found him at the Lighthouse and me claimed if I wasn't good enough then he would go challenge the Elite 4, which is what I need to do! Before going to the gym I finally evolved Porygon2 into Porygon-Z. I went to the gym and tore through the trainers with Gliscor. When I made it to the end of the gym I challenged Volkner. Gallade started off against Jolteon and managed to win with 2 Psycho Cuts. He went with his Electivire next which managed to beat Gallade. I stupidly sent in Empoleon next and watched it use Thunderpunch and whittle away at my HP until it stopped at 6HP. Empoleon used Surf and knocked Electivire out! He sent out Raichu so I went to Vespiquen, only to have it get knocked out quickly. My next choice was Porygon-Z but it wasn't able to handle a critical hit Focus Blast from Raichu so I just let Gliscor win with Earthquake. Another Earthquake knocked out his Luxray and won me the final badge! When I tried to go to Victory Road Jasmine from Johto stopped me and gave me Waterfall. I saved after getting the HM.

Current Team
    Lv47
    Lv47
    Lv49
    Lv48
    Lv48
    Lv48
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I defeated all trainers before Sunyshore and met Flint who asked me to get Volkner battling again. We accepted and went for it. We met Volkner at the Tower and he accepted our battle. In the battle, Torterra defeated Electivire, Gastrodon defeated Jolteon, Luxray and Raichu, after surviving a Focus Blast. Easy
    I stopped and saved there though, since it's late now

Team:
    Lv 47
    Lv 47
    Lv 45
    Lv 45
    Lv 47
    Lv 47

Well I decided to fire up Platinum again after playing White for a while.

I continued from where I left off who knows how many days/weeks ago, at Pastoria City. I went back North and talked to Cynthia and got the SecretPotion. I used it on the Psyducks and went even further north to the foggy area we all hate. Luckily my Crobat knows Defog so the fog wasn't much of a problem. Anyway, I captured a Swablu and kept battling trainers using the Vs. Seeker until it evolved into Altaria. Then I put it in the daycare for a while. While at the daycare, I saw that my Duskull was still in the daycare and it had grown 14 levels, so I took it out at level 33 and I'm now trying to evolve it into Dusclops.

Basically I'm just capturing a bunch of Pokemon and training them until they're on par with my other Pokemon. I'm going to have one big rotation team . I may even send some of these to White or HeartGold, don't know yet.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Diamond.

Been ages, eh?

I played underground with a friend but there was a wall that prevent us from bringing the ag home Dx

Defeated Volkner after seeing him in the lighthouse.

Made it through the Victory Road.

Defeated Barry aka Derp xD nya~

Well I beat Platinum again today, for the 4th time.

I OHKO'd most of the Elite Four.

Cynthia was a pain though. I made use of Mamoswine's Ice Shard. I'd use Ice Shard, mainly on Garchomp (which knocked it out in one shot with the LUCKIEST critical hit ever!), then Togekiss, then Roserade. I had to use a few revives but it all worked out in the end. Now I'm working on "seeing" the rest of the regional dex. I still need to see Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, and some random Pokemon that I somehow didn't see while playing through the game. Next I'll probably keep training a few of my main Pokemon and capture a couple national dex Pokemon and put them on my team. Then I may send some of those to HeartGold so I can beat Red when I get there.

Diamond.

Defeated the Elite four then... CYNTHIA!!

Finally I beat the game after one year Dx It said I started my journey last August 3 2011. I restarted it coz I wanted shiny starters which didn't quite happen .-.

I went to the Olateu, only saw the lil girl....scawee O.O nya~

Aight, so I just got the dex upgraded to the national dex. After that, I captured a Dunsparce, then tried to chain it. Broke the chain after 8 or 9 :/. Forgot to use repel.

Now I'm making my way around the newly unlocked areas.

Page 196 of 212 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast