Page 197 of 217 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 5404

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

Hey guys, it's been a long long time since I've last posted here.. mainly 'cause I stopped playing for quite a while, but I picked my old Diamond game up again and continued raising Pokemon to level 100. Today, I got my 6th level 100 pokemon, my Dragonite that was in my first batch of migrated Pokemon from Fire Red as a Dragonair. It has the moves Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fire Punch and Brick Break, decent enough for ingame. I decided I wanted to raise a Magcargo next, so I bred my female Magcargo with a freshly caught lv. 17 male Gastly to get an Egg containing a Slugma with Curse. I plan to annoy the hell out of things with it knowing Curse and Yawn, as well as the offensive moves Earth Power and Flamethrower. I know those are both special and Curse raises Attack, but it's more of a filler move anyway. Anyway, I now have a Slugma with Curse and Yawn, as well as two random level-up moves I plan on deleting when I get it to level 61/66. I did one run-through of the E4 with it holding the Exp. Share, and it got to level 32, so it's not far from evolving. I have to plan another new team member too, as my Hippowdon is currently level 95, so not long until I have to replace her, being the last member of my original storyline team (Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, Skuntank, Hippowdon and when I got the Nat. Dex, I added Dragonite). She always was a bit behind level-wise, haha. Anyway, I also caught and evolved some Pokemon, for dex data as well as more options for stuff to train. I obtained a Kangaskhan, Cacturne, Hariyama, Quagsire, Kingler and Weavile today. Lastly, I went underground and actually stroke lucky for once, this is what I got:

Heart Scale x3, Skull Fossil x3, Blue Shard x2,
    Revive x2, Toxic Plate, Everstone, Max Revive, Fire Stone,
    Rare Bone x2, Helix Fossil, Red Shard x2, Smooth Rock,
    Thunderstone x2, Hard Stone x2, Claw Fossil x2

So yeah, pretty good, I always like getting Heart Scales

Quick update on my team to round things off:
    Hippowdon Lv. 95 @ Earth Plate
    - Strength
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Ice Fang
    Comments: A big fat powerhouse and something I can switch into ANYTHING. This thing isn't just a tank, Hippo is an army of tanks. Earth Plate + STAB + EQ = OHKO's across the board. Will be missed when it reaches level 100.

Lickilicky Lv. 82 @ nothing
    - Power Whip
    - Hammer Arm
    - Gyro Ball
    - Wring Out
    Comments: This one surprised me. I thought, as a Normal type, I would have some trouble finding things to switch this thing into, but I was proven wrong, because Lickilicky is a great addition to my team. I love spamming Power Whip and/or Hammer Arm, and Wring Out is fun every once in a while. Gyro Ball is a filler, I never use it.

Ampharos Lv. 78 @ Quick Claw
    - Thunder Wave
    - Signal Beam
    - Power Gem
    - Thunder
    Comments: When at a lower level, Ampharos was very fragile and disappointed me a little. But now, scoring kills here, there and basically everywhere, it's proven its worth. I was too lazy to buy a Thunderbolt TM for it, but Thunder usually pulls through for me when I need it to, and occasionally I have my Lapras' Rain Dance active to help out againt Double Team noobs. Signal Beam is another useless filler move I never use.

Seviper Lv. 68 @ nothing
    - Poison Jab
    - Night Slash
    - Flamethrower
    - Glare
    Comments: Great attacker, but oh so fragile and therefore not the easiest Pokemon to train. Poison Jab is awesome, the other two attacking moves are very useful and Glare is there when I need it. I really do hope that this thing will be able to take more than 1-2 hits though, because right now it's definitely weaker than the Pokemon it replaced, my awesome Skuntank.

Lapras lv. 61 @ nothing
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance
    - Thunder
    Comments: Yaay RD/Thunder combo and two STAB moves. Lapras is awesome, being a capable tank as well as a very decent attacker. A bit slow, but that doesn't matter when you take any kind of hit like a champ. Lapras is awesome, I love it.

Slugma Lv. 32 @ Exp. Share
    - Yawn
    - Curse
    - Ancientpower
    - Recover
    Comments: I haven't actually used Slugma in battle yet, but what I do know is that it's slow and has no physical attack. I'm hoping that it will be awesome when it evolves and gets to the kinds of level where I can actually use it against the E4, which hopefully isn't too long.

Restarted Platinum. SR for an Adamant Turtwig, defeated Barry twice and the first two gym leaders. Turtwig evolved into a Grotle which evolved into a Torterra. That thing looks amazing and is amazing in battle, at least when it comes to ingame battles. It also has a diverse movepool which helps as well.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 3rd September 2012 at 4:37 AM.

Well yesterday after training up my Onix and evolving Chimchar, I beat the gym without using Monferno at all! Screech is such a godsend. I then headed straight to Floarama town, and quickly caught my next pokemon in Valley Windworks: Buizel. I headed back to Oreburgh Mine, where I trained Buizel up to Lv12. I came back to the Windworks, and beat the Galactic Grunts and soon enough, Mars. I changed my DS Clock to Friday, and Drifloon appeared. I caught it easily, and it joined me.

Making my way to Eterna City, Cheryl joined me, and we trained a little. We got out, and she left me. I headed straight to Route 208 (?) and caught a Meditite. It also joined me after a quick capture. I began training it, and saved.

Next up: Eterna Gym, Exploring the Underground, and my final team member (hint: it has something to do with one of the two things previously mentioned).

Lv18 - Onix Lv14 - Meditite Lv17 - Monferno Lv18 - Buizel Lv22 - Drifloon
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Defeated the third, fourth and fifth gym leader. Defeated Barry again.

Since last time, the main thing I did was train my team up a little more, getting Hippowdon (finally) to Lv. 100. I replaced it on my team with the Honchkrow I once got solely for dex data purposes. Also, I got some new Pokemon, namely Aqua Ring Wingull (the guy in Solaceon wanted to see a Wingull and I thought "If I'm getting a new Wingull, might as well breed an egg move onto it"), Bronzor, Unown, Vileplume, Ledian and Corphish. Lastly, I did more digging in the underground. I currently have 21 Fire Stones and 15 Everstones. I will update again when another team member reaches level 100, probably Lickilicky or Ampharos. This is my team right now:

Lickilicky lv. 86 @ Meadow Plate
    Trait: Oblivious
    - Power Whip
    - Hammer Arm
    - Gyro Ball
    - Wring Out

Ampharos lv. 83 @ Magnet
    Trait: Static
    - Thunder Wave
    - Signal Beam
    - Power Gem
    - Thunder

Seviper lv. 73 @ Toxic Plate
    Trait: Shed Skin
    - Poison Jab
    - Night Slash
    - Flamethrower
    - Glare

Lapras lv. 69 @ NeverMeltIce
    Trait: Water Absorb
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance
    - Thunder

Magcargo lv. 58 @ Quick Claw
    Trait: Flame Body
    - Yawn
    - Rock Slide (to be Earth Power)
    - Curse
    - Lava Plume (to be Flamethrower)

Honchkrow lv. 33 @ Exp. Share
    Trait: Super Luck
    - Swagger (to be Nasty Plot)
    - Pursuit (to be Night Slash)
    - Psychic
    - Fly

I just defeated the Canalave gym leader whilst training my Houndoor which is close to evolving.

Battling Wake... I mean Crasher Wake now, must say it's hard.

Plupole the Prinplup lv 33
    Drifty the Drifblim lv 31
    Jubilee the Togetic lv 32
    Dewrose the Roselia lv 30
    Shixray the Luxray lv 32
    Bellchime the Chimecho lv 31

So I got the HM Waterfall from Jasmine and went up the sea route, battling all trainers along the way.
    I finally got to the Victory Road, what a pain. So many paths :O Anyways I made it through and finally got to the E4. Before I battled Barry, damn that Snorlax! So annoying. I beat him though and took on the E4.

I will update as I battle them, since I am palying as Im writing

EDIT: Nevermind will do the E4 later, I just got pissed because Aaron got a lousy critical hit and killed my Torterra...
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 10th September 2012 at 4:56 PM.

So, a few days ago, I restarted my Diamond adventure and I've decided to, yet again, share it with you guys.

Spoiler:- Part 1, getting started:

The other day, I was cleaning my house with my sister and mom, and my sister's daughter was visiting with us, as well. She's 5 years old, and when I got out my Platinum and HG games to play, she had to play, too. She played my HG game and pounded on lv.2 Pidgeys and whatnot with my HM slaves, while I roamed the Sinnoh region with my fully-fledged Pt team OHKOing random encounters. I was on Rte. 214/Valor Lakefront when I got jumped by a shiny Staravia. No h4x0rz, no PokéRadar, just random luck. I caught it, levelled it up, and taught it some cool moves, specifically Brave Bird/Return/Close Combat/Roost. I really love the silvery-brown hue of his feathers, and the spike of pristine silver on the peak of his crest. I haven't nicknamed him yet, I can't think of anything cool.

He's my first shiny in Platinum, but my first 4th-gen shiny was a Shinx at the beginning of the game in Diamond. I named him Pharaoh and used him on my team, even though it had Rivalry and couldn't breed for Ice Fang without losing its shine (Masuda Method was unknown at that time). Lol, I woke my sister up shouting about my shiny Shinx, she had to yell at me from all the way down the hall to put a sock in it. xD

This time I started the E4 for real.

I beat Aaron. My Froslass defeated his first Pokemon, then his Scizor went on to sweep half of my team, until Ambipom got him. Then Heracross defeated Ambipom, but Drapion I think defeated him. Then Glalie lost to Vespiquen, but Drapion defeated Vespiquen. I had to use 2 revives to defeat Drapion afterwards, though.

Next time, Bertha, should be easy giving I have two Ice Types, one Grass, one Water and Brick Break.

EDIT: Just beat Bertha.
    Torterra beat Whiscash and Hippowdon, Froslass beat Gliscor, Gastrodon beat Golem, Froslass beat Rhyperior
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 16th September 2012 at 5:38 PM.

well i re started Platinum over and i chose Chimchar and after 2 days i was able to to evolve chimchar not once but twice into Infernape i also got my first 2 gym badges and skipped my 3d and 4th and went straight to my 5th badge. i also caught a gible, hatched a Togepy egg and spent nearly an hour finding a female Ralts and evolved them each ounce. i cant wait till i get to the great marsh to catch my next team member...but until then im training the rest of my team to level 30.

Where do i get the shiny stone to evolve my Togetic?

Current team:
    lv.36
    lv.28
    lv.29
    lv.26
    Last edited by Falco320; 19th September 2012 at 8:53 PM.

^credit to Sandslashtaggerung^
    Planned teams:

HG -
    PT -
    FR -
    BF -

I got my Lickilicky up to level 100 and it is the first Pokemon I've raised from hatching it out of its egg at level 1 all the way up to level 100. I have to say I can recommend it to anyone looking for a good team member. It has done absolutely awesome and has been very easy to train. While raising it, I caught/evolved a few more Pokemon: Beldum, Chansey (w/ Lucky Egg on a random encounter when looking for a Ponyta for the guy in Solaceon), Ponyta, Lombre -> Ludicolo and Magnemite --> Magnezone. Magnezone is also the replacement of my Lickilicky, as the next Pokemon to reach level 100 is my Ampharos. This is my team as it stands now:

Ampharos lv. 90 @ Lucky Egg
    Jolly/Static
    - Thunder Wave
    - Signal Beam
    - Power Gem
    - Thunder

Seviper lv. 81 @ Toxic Plate
    Naughty/Shed Skin
    - Poison Jab
    - Night Slash
    - Flamethrower
    - Glare

Lapras lv. 79 @ NeverMeltIce
    Lax/Water Absorb
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance
    - Thunder

Magcargo lv. 72 @ Quick Claw
    Hardy/Flame Body
    - Yawn
    - Earth Power
    - Curse
    - Flamethrower

Honchkrow lv. 59 @ Scope Lens
    Gentle/Super Luck
    - Nasty Plot
    - Night Slash
    - Psychic
    - Fly

Magnezone lv. 31 @ Exp. Share
    Hasty/Magnet Pull
    - Magnet Bomb (to be Mirror Shot)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Spark (to be Discharge)
    - Mirror Coat

^Oh, lucky you! Chansey's only have a 5% chance of holding a Lucky Egg!
    As for me, I planned on soft-resetting for a shiny Drifloon (since it's Friday) today. What I'm doing right now, is leveling up a Magneton, so it can become a Magnezone. I also tried chaining for a shiny Cleffa, but failed majorly. (I suck at chaining >.>) Also, I was planted some berries, as well as battling the Elite Four again, to earn money and Exp. :P

Come visit us!
    Special thanks to Shiny_Wooper for the awesome Ditto trophy.

In my Platinum walkthrough,I have obtained 3 badges.Today,I defeated all the trainers on Route 209 and reached Solaceon Town.After healing my Pokemon,I saved in the Pokemon Centre.

Team:

Grotle Lv.25 Male Calm (Razor Leaf/Bite/Tackle/Curse) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:None
    Staravia Lv.26 Female Jolly (Return/Wing Attack/Quick Attack/Endeavor) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None
    Luxio Lv.25 Male Mild (Spark/Bite/Charge/Roar) Ability:Rivalry Held Item:None
    Buizel Lv.25 Male Timid (Aqua Jet/Water Gun/Swift/Quick Attack) Ability:Swift Swim Held Item:None
    Bronzor Lv.26 Genderless Lonely (Extrasensory/Earthquake/Iron Defense/Confuse Ray) Ability:Heatproof Held Item:None
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

I went through Solaceon Ruins where Buizel evolved into Floatzel and learned Crunch.Then I went(with great difficulty because of not having my HM slave for Defog) through the Lost Tower.I then went to and defeated all the trainers on Route 210 and in the Cafe Cabin.I found out that the Psyduck there wouldn't let me pass.So i went to Route 215 defeating all the trainers and arrived in Veilstone City and saved the game.

Team:

Grotle Lv.27 Male Calm (Razor Leaf/Mega Drain/Bite/Tackle) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:None
    Staravia Lv.28 Female Jolly (Return/Aerial Ace/Quick Attack/Endeavor) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None
    Luxio Lv.28 Male Mild (Spark/Bite/Charge/Swagger) Ability:Rivalry Held Item:None
    Floatzel Lv.27 Male Timid (Aqua Jet/Water Gun/Crunch/Swift) Ability:Swift Swim Held Item:None
    Bronzor Lv.28 Genderless Lonely (Extrasensory/Earthquake/Iron Defense/Confuse Ray) Ability:Heatproof Held Item:None
    Last edited by amittal12; 26th September 2012 at 7:23 PM.

In Veilstone City,I checked the various places.Then I went to the Gym and defeated all the trainers.I healed my Pokemon and challenged Maylene but she was very tough and overlevelled compared to my team.Although her Meditite was easily taken out,her Lucario made up for it by almost sweeping my team only losing to Grotle's Razor Leaf.But Grotle had already taken too much damage and was easily defeated by Machoke.So,I decided to train my team a little.I went to Route 214 and there I caught my last team member,a Male Houndour Lv.22.I defeated all the trainers but Houndour is definitely quite underlevelled compared to my other five team members.I decided to train it in the Valor Lakefront Grass which had Pokemon upto Lv.28.Though it was difficult for it to take down these Pokemon,it levelled up and evolved at Lv.24.It levelled up two more levels before I saved.

Team:

Grotle Lv.29 Male Calm (Razor Leaf/Mega Drain/Bite/Tackle) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:None
    Staravia Lv.30 Female Jolly (Return/Aerial Ace/Quick Attack/Endeavor) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None
    Luxio Lv.29 Male Mild (Spark/Bite/Charge/Swagger) Ability:Rivalry Held Item:None
    Floatzel Lv.29 Male Timid (Aqua Jet/Water Gun/Crunch/Swift) Ability:Swift Swim Held Item:None
    Bronzor Lv.30 Genderless Lonely (Extrasensory/Earthquake/Safeguard/Confuse Ray) Ability:Heatproof Held Item:None
    Houndoom Lv.26 Male Lonely (Bite/Smog/Roar/Odor Sleuth) Ability:Early Bird Held Item:None

Pearl
    I was chaining just to fill up Ranch. Won third prize in the lottery as usual, hatching some Spiritomb eggs, hoping for the Masuda Method magic to kick in.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

I levelled up Houndoom to be the same level as my other team members and I challenged Maylene but her Lucario destroyed me.So,I went and battled the trainers in Seven Star Restaurant.My Luxio evolved into Luxray.I challenged the Gym again and this time I was able to beat her.Meditite did some damage to Bronzor with Drain Punch and Bronzor confused it with Confuse Ray.It hurt itself in its confusion and Bronzor damaged it with Extrasensory.It defeated Bronzor with Drain Punch and Confusion and healed her HP.Houndoom defeated Meditite with Bite.Houndoom did some damage to Machoke with Smog and Beat Up but it defeated it with two Karate Chop.Luxray defeated Machoke with two Spark while it also did some damage with Strength.Lucario did some damage to Luxray with Drain Punch but Luxray did heavy damage with Spark.But it was defeated by Lucario's Bone Rush.Floatzel defeated Lucario with some Aqua Jet but also received tremendous damage from Drain Punch and Force Palm.I won the Cobble Badge.Dawn called me to help against the galactic grunts which was very easy.In the battle,a funny thing was that her Clefairy used Aeroblast with Metronome.I got the HM02 Fly and saved the game.

Team:

Grotle Lv.30 Male Calm (Razor Leaf/Mega Drain/Bite/Tackle) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:None
    Staravia Lv.31 Female Jolly (Return/Aerial Ace/Quick Attack/Endeavor) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None
    Luxray Lv.30 Male Mild (Spark/Bite/Charge/Swagger) Ability:Rivalry Held Item:None
    Floatzel Lv.30 Male Timid (Aqua Jet/Water Gun/Crunch/Swift) Ability:Swift Swim Held Item:None
    Bronzor Lv.31 Genderless Lonely (Extrasensory/Earthquake/Safeguard/Confuse Ray) Ability:Heatproof Held Item:None
    Houndoom Lv.30 Male Lonely (Bite/Beat Up/Smog/Roar) Ability:Early Bird Held Item:None

I went through Route 213 defeating the trainers there and arrived in Pastoria City.I went through all the parts of the city before challenging the gym.The Move relearner taught Houndoom Thunder Fang which will be useful for the gym.When I was about to enter the Gym,Barry stopped me for a battle.I defeated him easily.Floatzel defeated his Staravia with some Aqua Jet and Water Gun but also took some damage from its Wing Attack.Floatzel did little damaged to Roselia with Crunch and was defeated by Roselia's Mega Drain.Grotle defeated Roselia with two Bite attacks and took little damage from Magical Leaf.His Monferno's Flame Wheel not only damaged me greatly but also burned me.Grotle was then defeated by Mach Punch.My Staravia defeated Monferno with two Aerial Ace but took heavy damage from Flame Wheel.Staravia was defeated by Buizel's Aqua Jet.Bronzor confused Buizel with Confuse Ray and defeated it with few Extrasensory coupled with the confusion damage.I went in the Gym and defeated all the Gym trainers.In the process,Houndoom learned Fire Fang.I then went to Pokemon Center.I challenged Crasher Wake and defeated him though he was difficult.Gyarados's Waterfall damaged Luxray quite a bit but Luxray's Spark did much more damage.Crasher Wake healed Gyarados with Hyper Potion but this time Spark defeated Gyarados in one hit.Luxray did little damage to Quagsire with Bite and was defeated by Mud Shot.My Floatzel's Aqua Jet and Crunch attacks didn't do much damage to his bulky Quagsire and when its HP got low,he healed him with Hyper Potion.Floatzel was finally defeated by a combination of Rock Tomb and Mud Shot.Grotle defeated Quagsire with one Razor Leaf but its Yawn made Grotle drowsy.His Floatzel's Ice Fang did heavy damage to Grotle but Grotle's Razor Leaf didn't do as much damage and it fell asleep.I used Full Heal to wake it up but Floatzel's Crunch and Aqua Jet defeated him.Staravia was badly damaged by Floatzel's Brine and though its Return did quite some damage,Floatzel's Sitrus Berry restored his health.Staravia was finished off by Floatzel's Aqua Jet.Floatzel's Brine damaged Bronzor.Bronzor used Confuse Ray to confuse Floatzel.Bronzor damaged it with a few Extrasensory but his Brine defeated it.Houndoom survived Floatzel's Brine and defeated it with Thunder Fang.In this way,I won the Fen Badge.Barry came telling about Team Galactic's plan.I saved the game.

Team:

Grotle Lv.31 Male Calm (Razor Leaf/Mega Drain/Bite/Tackle) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:None
    Staravia Lv.32 Female Jolly (Return/Aerial Ace/Quick Attack/Endeavor) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None
    Luxray Lv.32 Male Mild (Spark/Bite/Charge/Swagger) Ability:Rivalry Held Item:None
    Floatzel Lv.31 Male Timid (Aqua Jet/Water Gun/Crunch/Swift) Ability:Swift Swim Held Item:None
    Bronzor Lv.32 Genderless Lonely (Extrasensory/Earthquake/Safeguard/Confuse Ray) Ability:Heatproof Held Item:None
    Houndoom Lv.32 Male Lonely (Fire Fang/Bite/Thunder Fang/Beat Up) Ability:Early Bird Held Item:None

Just started up my Pearl again. I'm using Chimchar instead of Piplup this time. Hopefully, it'll be a quick and easy run. (I'm aiming for completion within 4 days.)
    Last edited by Seles; 14th October 2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Wording

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Just Started on my Platinum today! Chose Piplup, fought my rival, Scales and gained a level! Continuing onto Sandgem town.

Piplup, Level 6.

Heading to Sandgem~

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    Team:

Grotle Lv.31 Male Calm (Razor Leaf/Mega Drain/Bite/Tackle) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:None
    Staravia Lv.32 Female Jolly (Return/Aerial Ace/Quick Attack/Endeavor) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None
    Luxray Lv.32 Male Mild (Spark/Bite/Charge/Swagger) Ability:Rivalry Held Item:None
    Floatzel Lv.31 Male Timid (Aqua Jet/Water Gun/Crunch/Swift) Ability:Swift Swim Held Item:None
    Bronzor Lv.32 Genderless Lonely (Extrasensory/Earthquake/Safeguard/Confuse Ray) Ability:Heatproof Held Item:None
    Houndoom Lv.32 Male Lonely (Fire Fang/Bite/Thunder Fang/Beat Up) Ability:Early Bird Held Item:None
    Seems like an Epic team! If you ever need some training, theres a collector on the route below veilstone, he has 6 pokemon, gives MASSIVE amounts of exp for his placement in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Page 197 of 217 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast