Page 205 of 217 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 5404

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

Yay another post!

Last post I had just evolved Milotic, and faced some 30 levels of grinding to do... And I had to procrastinate, obviously. But eventually, it got to the point where Milotic needed this. More than anyone. So I went to Iron Island and trained Milotic... so much... to level 44. It had caught up! I then decided not to use my planned last member (Sneasel) and went for something else. First I had Rotom or Giratina in mind to mix my team up a bit... but then... another Pokemon came to mind. A pretty awesome Pokemon, Duskull! I caught one, called it Death (yeah, Death) put an Exp Share on it, and finally continued my adventure through route 209 or whatever route it is. There (after grinding a bit), Death evolved into Dusclops! I continued on my way to Snowpoint City, and when I finally got there, first thing I did was evolve Dusclops into an awesome Dusknoir!

Dawn's Team

Katniss | Starwing | Handy II | Stinson | Milotic
    | Death
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 14th September 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Reyes' Journey, Part 85

Reyes left the Valor Lakefront after a long time training, and headed to Pastoria City. Reyes met all the people, and he walked around the Great Marsh. Reyes decided that his older Pokemon needed some love, so Weezing joined the Sinnoh team! Barry came by, and apparently not needing Reyes' help anymore (like he ever did) challenged him to a battle. Barry obviously lost, so Barry claimed apprenticeship to the Crasher Wake of Pastoria City. Reyes was ready for the battle, so Reyes entered the Gym to challenge Crasher Wake!

Gym Battle 29: Crasher Wake vs.
    Winner: Reyes

Reyes won the Fen Badge, so Reyes and Crasher Wake left the Gym to meet the starstruck Barry. Crasher Wake was in the middle of telling Barry that he wasn't his master when a loud explosion rocked the city. Worried, the three headed to the epicenter of the explosion- the Great Marsh. A Team Galactic member ran away, and Reyes and Looker chased him down while Barry and Crasher Wake examined the Great Marsh.

Reyes and Looker chased the grunt all the way to Valor Lakefront, until the grunt gave up and tried to battle Reyes, in which he lost. He ran away, and Cynthia came by. She told Reyes that the Egg she received turned out to be a Togepi (just like Reyes years ago), and she gave Reyes SecretPotion for the Psyduck blocking the way to Celestic Town. Reyes remembered the SecretPotion from the Cianwood Pharmacy when the Ampharos from the Olivine Lighthouse needed treatment. So Reyes headed back to Pastoria to get back to Hearthome.

Reyes traveled through the swamp, and a lot of Rangers were there. Reyes made it through, and he came across the Pokemon Mansion. The owner was very proud of his garden, and his book that featured the rare Pokemon Manaphy. Reyes left after visiting with the owner and all his maids, and he's on the way to the Hearthome Contest Hall, where Reyes wants to put Manectric, Anorith, Girafarig, Castform, and Illumise to the test in Sinnoh Contests!

Team

Lv. 37 Lv. 37

Lv. 42 Lv. 37

Lv. 37 Lv. 38
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

A huge cave awaited me called the Wayward Cave. I explored it and helped a small girl find her way before heading off past Hearthome City towards Solacean Town. I passed a creepy building just south of the town and tried to explore it but I couldn't get past the dense fog. I ignored the building for now and headed into Solaceon Town. The only thing of note was some ruins where I found a HM for Defog. I used the HM on a random Staravia (as I usually do) and made my way through the strange building. After that I headed north and found a trainer with a Happiny that gave oodles of experience so I may or may not have abused his Happiny for experience and evolved Grotle into Torterra because of his plump Pokemon. I continued on through a rainy route and before I knew it I was in Veilstone City. Lots of cool stuff here, but I don't care about it right now! I ran south onto Route 214 and battled a Psychic trainer. After defeating him Finneon evolved into Lumineon! My team is fully evolved after only 3 badges! That sense of satisfaction didn't last long though because in the grass I encountered and captured my fifth team member, a Houndour! I returned to Veilstone City and took a break.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I reached Sunyshore City and then did some training for my last Gym battle. When I was ready to take on the Gym, I had to visit the lighthouse first in order to get Volkner to go back to the Gym. I won my battle against Volkner with ease thanks to my Quagsire's immunity to Electric type moves and STAB Earthquake.

After receiving my eighth badge, I obtained the Waterfall HM from Jasmine on the beach and then headed towards the Pokemon League. I made my way through Victory Road, which took quite some time because I made sure to explore it well. Once I was inside the Pokemon League building, I had to battle my rival again. He was definitely stronger than last time, but he did some stupid things such as having his Staraptor U-turn to Rapidash when my entire team is Water...

Today, I trained for the Elite Four. I got my entire team to level 60. I also decided to go get the Lake Trio recorded in my Pokedex. First, I got Mesprit to start roaming. Then, I went to catch Azelf. It ended up Struggling itself to death after 70 balls failed to catch it. I reset, then caught it on my second attempt. I'll go after Uxie next time, and beat the E4 too.

I started playing Platinum version again this afternoon. I just wanted to work on the National Pokedex some more, which I had left incomplete before. I inserted Ruby into the GBA slot in order to find some of the version exclusive Pokemon in Sinnoh. I went to Iron Island and I searched for a wild Mawile inside; it took about 20 minutes 'cause all I kept finding were Graveler, Golbat and Steelix. After catching a Mawile I headed outside and I fished for a Qwilfish with the Super Rod and I caught one before heading back to Canalave City. I visited the local Pokemon Center in order to swap Pokemon, then I flew to Veilstone City. I headed south to Route 214. I arrived at Sendoff Spring and I saved inside Turnback Cave.

After much grinding, I managed to evolve my Gabite into Garchomp before reaching Sunyshore City. He's level 48 and the rest of my Pokemon are level 41-45, so I got to do a lot more grinding to catch those guys up.

Staraptor lvl 41
    Raichu lvl 42 (soon to be replaced by Froslass)
    Floatzel lvl 42
    Gardevoir lvl 44
    Infernape lvl 45
    Garchomp lvl 48

I'm actually going to dump the Raichu because I could use a dark or ghost type for the psychic E4 member, so I'm planning on replacing Raichu with a Froslass, since it will also learn ice moves that can be used vs. the ground type E4 member.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 15th September 2013 at 3:17 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

It was time to win our 7th badge. We entered Candice's badge, and after an annoying ice puzzle, we got to her. We were confident for this. Staraptor and Infernape were gonna be important here. She first sent out Sneasel, and Infernape won easily. Then came Abomasnow, who was also defeated by Infernape. Piloswine was next, and to mix things up a bit, we let Dusclops have this battle. He won after a long battle. Last was Froslass who went down to Staraptor. With the 7th badge in our hands, we went to Lake Acuity or whatever it's called, found the Reaper Cloth and evolved Dusclops into Dusknoir and found Barry, who had just been defeated by Jupiter. She said some random bs about the Galactic HQ, so we headed there. We found Looker, and entered their Warehouse. We beat a bunch of Galactic Grunts, found a key, then went to their main HQ. After beating a bunch of grunts, we found Cyrus and Saturn and ended up battling them. Oh, did I say battling. I meant pwning them. We released the three fairy types, and left the HQ. We headed to Mt Coronet, and are currently traveling through it.
    Dawn's Team

| Death

I immediately used a Rare Candy on Houndour to evolve it into Houndoom because I didn't feel like training a Houndour. I slapped an Exp Share on it and taught it Fire Blast from a TM I purchased in Veilstone City. With that done I headed to the gym. Fire Blast actually did a good amount of damage against the fighting quad guys various Fighting type Pokemon. I healed up and challenged Maylene. I started with Drifblim against Meditite and won with a newly learned Ominous Wind. She sent out Machoke next and I decided to use Lumineon in its first ever gym battle. It took two Water Pulse's to bring down Machoke. Finally she sent out Lucario. I switched to Houndoom in hopes that I was faster but alas, that was not the case. I could have gone to Pachirisu for fun, but I was in a hurry so I brought out Torterra for its premiere battle! One Earthquake and Lucario was down! I got another badge and headed outside.

Dawn was waiting for me and mentioned something about Team Galactic stealing her Pokedex. We teamed up and got the Pokedex back, but even better I got an HM for Fly which Drifblim now knows. I flew to Solaceon Town and may or may not have battled that Happiny trainer to bring Houndoom up to Lv30. I flew back to Veilstone City and once again headed south of the city.

I finally found a wild Solrock inside of Turnback Cave. I picked up a Rare Bone near the entrance to the Distortion World afterwards, and I headed out of the cave. I flew to Eterna City and I headed west to Route 205. I entered the Eterna Forest after that and I caught a wild Seedot there. I also used the Poke Radar and I searched for a wild Nincada. After catching one, I flew to Pastoria City and I looked through the binoculars there. I spotted a Paras inside the Great Marsh so I paid the fee and entered the Safari Zone. Unfortunately, I didn't find a Paras even after looking around the Great Marsh twice. I ended up wasting time, so I just left Pastoria City and I headed to the Resort Area instead. I saved at my villa.

Ugh... thinking of a last team member can be annoying.

We traveled through Mt Coronet and finally got to the top. There, we fought Mars and Jupiter with the "help" of Barry. Yeah, thanks for not doing anything bud. Then Cyrus went all crazy, summoned Dialga and Palkia, and then went to Giratina's world. The 3 fairy-types/uxieazelfmesprit followed him, and so did I and Cynthia. There, we had to solve an annoying Strenght Puzzle (still not as bad as the one in freaking Seafoam Islands...). We finally got to Cyrus, and we got to fight him. This fight, together with the fight with Mars and Jupiter made me doubt about Dusknoir. It's a great Pokemon, but I'm more of an Ash Ketchum kind of guy, and prefer faster Pokemon (Infernape, Ambipom, Staraptor, Gliscor...) I think it's easy to understand. So, after defeating Cyrus, I actually caught Giratina (in one Dusk Ball ). My original plan was to replace Dusknoir with Giratina, but that got old soon... After saving the world (even though only Lucas, Rowan and Cynthia acknowledged that), I box'd both Dusknoir and Giratina. After thinking hard between Pokemon such as Scizor, Rhyperior and Jolteon, I made my decision. I went for Ms. Mime. Yeah, got a female Mr Mime to replace Dusknoir. Obviously called it Ms. Mime... It's level 30, and I taught it Magical Leaf and T-Bolt since I don't have grass or electric types... Then... the grind began.

Dawn's Team

| Ms. Mime

Oh days Mr Mime's sprite looks so derpy

I headed down towards Lake Valor and battled numerous trainers along the way. Eventually I got to a Resort which was a nice break from the battling, except for the battling I did in a restaurant. After a nice run on the beach I arrived in Pastoria City. I immediately went to the gym but Barry stopped me as soon as I got there and challenged me to a battle. Pachirisu beat Staravia, Torterra defeated Buizel, Lumineon beat Monferno, and Houndoom knocked out Roselia. He ran off and I decided to do a little more training before going to the gym so I headed west all the way to Hearthome City, and then I flew back to Pastoria and went to the gym. I beat the trainers with Torterra and Pachirisu and then challenged Crasher Wake.

Pachirisu went up against Gyarados first. Discharge brought it down to the red but Wake healed it. Another Discharge did the same thing so Wake swapped out to Quagsire. I in turn swapped to Torterra and knocked it out with Razor Leaf. Lumineon came out against Floatzel and I used Flash in hopes of Ice Fang missing when Torterra comes out but of course despite the 2 Flash attacks Floatzel never missed! Fortunately Torterra survived Ice Fang and defeated Floatzel with Razor Leaf. Pachirisu returned and knocked out Gyarados and I earned my fifth badge!!

After leaving the gym a bomb went off inside the Great Marsh! I chased the perpetrator and defeated him with Lumineon. Cynthia showed up again and gave me some medicine to give to Psyduck cause she's lazy or something. Once they got the medicine she showed up and gave me an Old Charm to take too some old woman cause she's lazy or something. So I headed north to Celestic Town and battled my way through the fog. It didn't take too long to get to Celestic Town so I took a break upon arrival.

Yikes... so I made it to the Pokemon League, and struggled vs. my rival, then I challenged Aaron and barely won. After that, I got smoked by Bertha, even with having a heavy type advantage. Time to go train I guess. My Pokemon are all between levels 45-50 so they're underleveled. VS Seeker should help get them leveled up. I'm hoping to get them all around level 55.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Upon arriving in Celestic Town I immediately went to explore the ruins but had to deal with a Galactic Grunt who threatened to blow up another bomb. I stopped him and before getting a real chance to celebrate another Galactic member challenged me, but this one had a unique sprite so I assume he isn't a grunt. After Houndoom swept his team I got a HM for Surf which I taught to Lumineon and once again Cynthia shows up 5 seconds late. She mentions Canalave City so I flew to Jubilife City and surfed over. It was an actually port city, which is cool. What isn't cool is Barry challenging me to another battle, but my team was strong enough to sweep his. He suggested I train in Iron Island before challenging Byron and I thought that might be a cool idea so I took the boat to Iron Island. Inside I met a man named Aaron who teamed up with me for some training and to beat up on some more Galactic goons. After we navigated a small portion of the cave he gave me an egg. I left the Iron Island after sufficient training and flew to Solaceon Town. I rode my bicycle until the egg hatched into my final team member, a Riolu!

Reyes' Journey, Part 86

After visiting the Pokemon Mansion, Reyes ended up in Hearthome City again, and Reyes wanted to test out the Super Contests. So, Reyes brought Manectric, Castform, Girafarig, Illumise, and Anorith to his team and spent almost a month in the Contest Hall. All his Pokemon made it to the Ultra Round easy, as the Pokemon could naturally dance and the competition wasn't fierce. Anorith even evolved into Armaldo in time for the Ultra Rank Tough Contest! However, Reyes lacked props for the Visual Round, so his team didn't fare well in the Master Round. Manectric won the Master Cool Rank, but only because the Judge's Voltage went haywire for his Thunderbolt. So, Reyes gave Contests a break and headed back on his journey!

Remembering what Cynthia wanted, Reyes traveled back to the MooMoo Milk Cafe on Route 210, where the group of Psyduck still stood, lost in their headache. Reyes used the SecretPotion, and it worked! The Psyduck dispersed, and Cynthia was glad. She told Reyes to visit her hometown Celestic Town, and to deliver the Old Charm to her grandmother, the Celestic Town elder.
    The road to Celestic Town was awfully foggy, so Reyes couldn't see much, and his Pokemon didn't do well either in their battles. But, Reyes managed to get past!

In Celestic Town, the elder told Reyes that a Team Galactic member was blocking the ruins, and he was threatening to use a bomb. Reyes, alarmed, used Weezing and Kricketune to stop the Team Galactic member and send him packing. The elder thanked Reyes, and when he gave her the Old Charm, she invited Reyes to go into the ruins with her. Inside, a mural depicted three Pokemon in a pyramid around a glowing orb. The elder described that these three Pokemon are responsible to bringing knowledge, emotion, and willpower to the human race. Then, the man Reyes met at Mt. Coronet, the Eterna statue, and Lake Verity showed up by the name of Cyrus. He told Reyes and the elder that emotions were useless and the world was weak, and that it was his job to create a perfect, balanced world. And he would start by destroying this mural. Reyes wouldn't let him, so a battle ensued. Reyes managed to beat him, so Cyrus left wanting revenge. The elder was so glad that Reyes helped her that she gave him HM03 Surf.

Reyes was then on his way to his next Gym Battle, which was in Canalave City. Reyes went through Veilstone (to get more Contest props), Pastoria, Hearthome, Oreburgh, and then Jubilife. Reyes needed Surf to get across the lake to Canalave, so Reyes fished around and finally caught a Finneon! Reyes used the Finneon to get to Canalave, and there, Barry wanted to challenge Reyes again, and this time Barry got a lot stronger. Reyes decided that before he challenges the Gym, he'll study at the library and train at Iron Island, which was a short trip from Canalave!

Team

Lv. 39 Lv. 39

Lv. 43 Lv. 39

Lv. 39 Lv. 39

Lv. 24
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

I spent so long cycling around and training against the Happiny guy to get Riolu's happiness up. Finally at Lv21 Riolu evolved into Lucario and completed my team....really early. Oh well. I slapped the Exp Share on Lucario and then headed to the Fuego Ironworks. I span around the area and got some neat stuff there before exploring the meadow just south of the complex. Next I flew to Sandgem Town and spent quite some time surfing south of the town battling various swimmers. I reached the Pal Park and then flew back to Canalave City. I taught Lucario Earthquake and then I headed to the gym. Any time a trainer used a Magnemite I took it out with Earthquake, otherwise I just used Lumineon or Houndoom to beat the various Steel types. After getting through one of my favorite gyms I challenged Byron. Lucario used Earthquake and knocked out Magneton in one hit, then Lumineon defeated Steelix with one Surf, and Bastiodon got a critical hit Force Palm to the face. Byron gave me my 6th badge and before I could heal my team Barry took me to the library to listen to Rowan go on and on and on and on about who knows what. Fortunately an explosion happened which put an end to his nonsense. I flew to Pastoria to check out Lake Valor and took a break.

Lake Valor? What Lake Valor? Team Galactic had blown up the entire lake leaving nothing but a cave in the center. Saturn, another Plasma leader, was inside and apparently kidnapped some Pokemon so I had Houndoom take out his team. He mentioned Lake Verity and I knew Dawn and Rowan would be in trouble so I flew to Twinleaf Town and ran to the lake. Team Galactic were already there so I hurried to Dawn's aid and had to battle Mars. Houndoom took out Golbat and Bronzor with Fire Blast and Lucario beat Purugly with Aura Sphere. Rowan seemed concerned with Barry's safety and tasked me with heading to Lake Acuity. Unfortunately that means traveling through the snowy routes.......I hate the snowy routes. After barely avoiding freezing to death in the blizzard I arrived in Snowpoint City. Such a quaint little place with such an annoying gym. I slid around the icy floors and battled all the trainers. Once I cleared the path of the snowballs I challenged Candice.

Lucario started off against Sneasel and won with Aura Sphere. Lumineon came out against her Piloswine and defeated it in 2 Surf's. Houndoom then defeated Abomasnow with a Fire Blast. All that remain was Froslass. I kept Houndoom in because I knew Fire Blast could knock it out. Froslass then spammed Double Team and Fire Blast missed four turns in a row. I resorted to using Bite but it kept missing as well. Froslass knocked out Houndoom. I went to Pachirisu hoping a Discharge would paralyze it but Froslass' Blizzard froze Pachirisu. Another Blizzard knocked Pachi out. Drifblim was defeated by a single Blizzard and Lumineon went down in two Shadow Balls. I sent Lucario out and tried Earthquake as that is the only move that can hit Froslass. It hit and Froslass' HP slowly went down to the red thanks to a critical hit. The Sitrus Berry restored health and then Froslass knocked out Lucario with Psychic. I was left with Torterra who trid Earthquake but continually missed. Froslass then scored a critical hit with Shadow Ball which knocked out Torterra. Drummerdude whited out!

Well, I restarted Platinum, not to anyone's apparent surprise. I've played it all weekend whilst I was away seeing family, so I figured I'd post my progress here. I'll do it in bullet points, because I'm training my team to level 40 before going to Canalave and Iron Island to beat Byron.

• Started my journey as SnivyTR, and my rival Barry.
    • Picked Turtwig as my starter, named him TerraTree.
    • TerraTree beat rival Barry's Chimchar, and grew to level 6.
    • Went to Lake Verity, and found out Turtwig has a Quirky nature.
    • Trained to level 9, and TerraTree learned Absorb. I went to Rowan, then back to my mother, and then all the way to Dawn.
    • Learned how to catch a Pokemon for the billionth time, and then caught a Starly (well, 4). Named the final one Starling. He's got a Mild nature.
    • Trained Starling and TerraTree to level 10, and challenged all the trainers on the way to Jubilife.
    • I delivered the Parcel to Barry, and went around and trained my team to level 11.
    • I beat Barry with Starling, who 2HKOed his entire team.
    • Trained a bit more, and arrived in Oreburgh with a level 14 Turtwig and Staravia.
    • Found Roark, and trained TerraTree to level 16.
    • Beat Roark easily- 0HKOes on his entire team. After the slaughter battle, TerraTree evolved into Grotle!
    • I beat the Galactic Grunts, did the boring stuff and got to Floraroma (team level 18 by this point).
    • Beat Mars with TerraTree (Curse to +6, sweep with Tackle/Razor Leaf).
    • Got through Eterna Forest, and arrived in Eterna City. I challanged and beat Gardenia with Starling, and got the HM Cut. I went back to Eterna Forest and went into the Old Abandoned House with the Creepy Music which freaks the hell out of me. I banged a TV (hehe) and battled the Rotom with the Badass Legnedary Music. I caught it and named it Flashlight.
    • Flashlight beat Jupiter easily (+6 evaisiveness with Double Team and a paralysis with Thundershock was an easy win against her Skuntank).
    • Realised I hadn't checked Rotom's nature- it's Hardy. I did all the Underground stuff and got 3 Heart Scales and 3 Skull Fossils. Yipee.
    • I cleared all the Routes from Eterna to Heartome, and entered the Cool contest with Flashlight, which we actually won!
    • I challenged and beat Fantina, again with TerraTree. +6 Bite 0HKOed Duskull, Mismagius and Haunter.
    • Beat Barry again, with Rotom this time, who could easily beat his team with Shock Wave/Uproar.
    • I got a Good Rod, and went and caught a Finneon, like Drummerdude and AmbipomMaster. Named her Minnow. She has a Serious nature (stop neutral natures, please).
    • Trained Minnow against the Hikers outside Mt Coronet (the entrance next to Cycling Road and Oreburgh City, which you go through and meet Cyrus the first time, just to clarify).
    • I completed training Minnow to level 28, and went to Solaceon Town, completed the Unown place and got HM Fog. Went and did the place with the Graves, and got... nothing useful. What a surprise.
    • Used the Happiny on the Route above Solaceon Town to train my team to level 32- evolve Minnow and TerraTree!
    • Learned how ridiculously weak Lumineon is, but still got to Veilstone City, where I beat Maylene with Starling and TerraTree.
    • Starling evolved whilst battling the Galactic Grunts. I arrive in Patoria later with a team of level 36 Pokemon each.
    • Barry was again a catwalk. My team is OP.
    • Wake is destroyed. Gyarados and Floatzel are 0HKOed by Thunder, and Quagsire was beaten with a Razor Leaf. Kudos Flashlight and TerraTree. Team is now level 38.
    • Did some training goina along the Marshy route to Heartome City. Met Mr Backolot or whoever he is, got Manaphy on my Pokedex, and went back to Pastoria to beat the Galactic Grunt.
    • Met Cynthia again, who gave me the SecretPotion. I used it and got to Celestic Town, beat Cyrus with Flashlight and Starling, and got HM Surf.
    • Arrived at Fuego Ironworks after picking up TM Thunderbolt and the Electrizer (no I'm not going to use Electivire). I caught a Bold Magmar, named Ignite. Ridiculously weak, but better with TM Flamethrower and Focus Blast.
    • Training Ignite now against the Poke Maniacs on the Route below Veilstone (3000 Exp per battle roughly (each Pokemon 400-800 Exp). Hoping to get the team to level 40 before heading to Canalave.
    • Saved.

Sorry about the long post there guys. Promise I'll be shorter next time.

SnivyTR's awesome Platinum team:

TerraTree
    Quirky Nature [Level 40]
    Wood Hammer, Bite, Earthquake, Curse

Starling
    Mild Nature [Level 39]
    Aerial Ace, Return, Close Combat, Fly

Flashlight
    Hardy Nature [Level 40]
    Shock Wave, Ominous Wind, Uproar, Thunder

Minnow
    Serious Nature [Level 40]
    Surf, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Silver Wind

Ignite
    Bold Nature [Level 36]
    Flamethrower, Faint Attack, Lava Plume, Focus Blast

Credit to Crobat_Curse for the way I've done the team layout. I like the look of it.

EDIT: I completed Ignite's training and evolved him, and upgraded his moveset with Thunderbolt. I also taught Flashlight Shadow Ball. I headed to Iron Island, but not before dominating Barry with my Magmortar. Nothing wrong about that. I met up with Riley, and got my team to level 42 bar TerraTree, who's level 41. I got my Egg from Riley for owning Team Galactic, which hatched into my 6th member Riolu! I named him Royale, and made some poffins for hm. I've now began my training. He's got a neutral nature (Hardy I think).
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 1st October 2013 at 8:32 PM.

I just beat Byron and I am now going to help out Riley. I decided to beat the gym first since that would be a good way to raise Magmar. Magmar and Torterra swept Bryon without breaking a sweat.

My teams is as follows:

Torterra
    Magmar
    Pachirusu
    Machoke
    Scyther
    Starapter
    Rampardos: He is my fill in and will adventure with me from time to time
    Im thinking of leaving Starapter (X Wing) behind and leave the Flying attacks to Scyther whom I will evolve into Scizor when he gets to level 42. So the final spot on my team is open, I am thinking of maybe putting in Rampardos full time or weirdly enough Chatot. I'm going to have a pretty outclassed team when facing the E4 and Cynthia which I don't mind.

On a side note when I went up to Iron Island for the first time I found and Caught a Shiny Golbat! Level 30 female, not to shabby
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the icon and SwornMetalhead for the banner.

Time for a rematch. Everything went exactly the same as before except this time Houndoom decided it wanted to hit Froslass with Fire Blast and knock it out. I got the Icicle Badge and then I went to Lake Acuity where Barry had just been defeated by Jupiter. I flew to Veilstone and, with the help of Looker, infiltrated the Galactic HQ. I defeated all the grunts and reached Cyrus. He went on and on and on about changing the world so I went ahead and knocked his team out quickly. I continued on and defeated Saturn and rescued the three Pokemon of the lakes. I flew to Oreburgh City next and went to Mt Coronet and began my climb to the summit. It didn't take as long as it typically seems to and before I knew it I was watching Cyrus get dragged into the Distortion World.

Cynthia and I gave chase into the demented world. After traversing the area I had to battle Cyrus yet again, but Pachirisu swept half his team surprisingly. Cyrus stormed off and I defeated Giratina for extra experience. Cynthia and I left the Distortion World and I had to go tell Rowan that I was alright. Then I was finally able to head towards Sunyshore City. I defeated a bunch of Gyarados and other trainers and arrived in Sunyshore City!

Default Part I - Nuzlocke

Is it a plane?! Is it a bird?! NO, IT'S JUST THESIRPERAS RESTARTING PLATINUM!

Yeah. Nuzlocke. Mhm.

Picked the girl, to vary it a bit even though I did before as well. Oh well. Called her Vicki because I don't know. Called the rival Shawty because... ugh I don't know. Would restart and change names but I don't feel like it. So Vicki and Shawty... (I cringe everytime I write his name...) went to route what is it 201. Prof Rowan saw us and well we talked him into giving us a Pokemon. So since my ID number ended in 8 totally not copying what marriland does I picked the water type, Piplup!! Called him nothing yet because I haven't gotten to Sandgem. He's serious, so I guess for a nuzlocke I'm gonna give them personalities... Shawty... ugh... and Vicki went to the Lake, but freaking Cyrus was there. Yeah, spoiler alert, TG boss. I guess it's like those walking through doors moments, because as soon as Cyrus walked past us, we decided not to catch Mesprit. He raced Vicki I guess, but I mean I stopped after that moment so he's gonna wait for a while...

Vicki's Nuzlocke Team:

Spoiler:- Deaths:

Spoiler:- Box'd/caught:

Critical Hit Count: 0
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 11th October 2013 at 6:13 PM.

The Five Region Challenge...

Part 4: Sinnoh

Well, with imminent release of X & Y, I decided to give myself a challenge and see if I could beat the five regions in the month leading up to the release of X & Y. My rules are simple. Any Pokemon goes, apart from the starters and wherever possible I should try to use Pokemon I haven't used before or used very little before. In addition, every Pokemon must be nicknamed and each region must have theme for nicknames.
    The fourth region is Sinnoh, probably my favourite region and one I really have been looking forward to! I'm using Pokemon Platinum and the nickname theme is planets, fitting in with Sinnoh's theme in general.

Right massive apologies guys; I've gone back to uni this past week and had very little internet access as well, but I'm back, even if I'm going quite slowly. I'd like to finish tomorrow, but we'll see; I've been going very slowly. Because I haven't updated in a while, I'll just let you know the major events!

Sinnoh Day 1-6

+ Had to select Chimchar as my starter, which I nicknamed Sarge and then permaboxed.
    + Caught a Shinx, nicknamed Mars!
    + Forgot you could catch Budew before the first gym so I caught a Psyduck to make it easier...
    + Mars EVOLVED into Luxio
    Beat ROARK: Psyduck took care of Geodude and Onix and Mars took down Cranidos with Spark. Coal Badge Get!
    + Caught a Budew, nicknamed Venus and trained her up to Lv15
    + Beat Mars at the Valley Windworks
    + Caught a Drifloon EVENTUALLY after much effort trading and breeding from HG, which I nicknamed Pluto
    + After running around a LOT, Venus EVOLVED into Roselia
    + Beat GARDENIA: Venus took out Turtwig, before Pluto KOed Cherrim with Gust. Mars fell to Roserade, but Venus finished her off with Return. Forest Badge Get!
    + Traveled to Hearthome City
    + Pluto EVOLVED into Drifblim
    + Beat FANTINA: I lost first time though, but second time Duskull fell to Venus and Magical Leaf, Mismagius was luckily taken out by Mars, Swagger and Bite, before Haunter fell to Pluto and Gust. Relic Badge Get!
    + Traveled to Solaceon
    + Mars EVOLVED into Luxray
    + Spent ages and eventually found a Lucky Egg!
    + Traveled to Veilstone City
    + Beat MAYLENE: Mars took out Meditite with Spark, before Pluto hilariously walled Lucario, using Minimize six times so the only move Lucario could use on him (Metal Claw) always missed! Gust and Shock Wave took out Lucario, before Roselia smashed Machoke with Magical Leaf and Giga Drain. Cobble Badge Get!
    + Traveled to Pastoria City
    + Caught a Wooper, nicknamed Neptune in the Great Marsh
    + Neptune EVOLVED into Quagsire
    + Beat CRASHER WAKE: Pluto 2HKOed Gyarados with Shock Wave, before Floatzel fell to Mars and Thunder Fang. Finally, Quagsire was felled by Roselia and Magical Leaf. Fin Badge Get!
    + Hunted down the Team Galactic terrorist and collected the Secretpotion off Cynthia.
    + Traveled north to Celestic Town, beat Cyrus (Mainly using Mars) and collected HM03 - Surf

And this is where I am now. I'll update later where I hope to have beaten Candice at least and hopefully Volkner!

My Team:

Mars - Luxray Lv44
    Docile Male
    Spark
    Crunch
    Bite
    Thunder Fang

Venus - Roselia Lv45
    Relaxed Female
    Petal Dance
    Return
    Giga Drain
    Toxic

Pluto - Drifblim Lv44
    Gentle Female
    Shock Wave
    Fly
    Shadow Ball
    Gust

Neptune - Quagsire Lv44
    Quirky Female
    Earthquake
    Slam
    Surf
    Yawn

At the very least, I hope to catch and train my final two Pokemon by the end of the day - Fingers Crossed!
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

With less than a day til X and Y I hurried into the Sunyshore Gym, thrashed all the trainers including Volkner with Torterra's and Lucario's Earthquake and then got Waterfall from Jasmine which I taught to Lumineon. I surfed north and let Pachirisu and Torterra take advantage of all the water types before climbing a waterfall and entering into Victory Road. This is probably my favorite Victory Road because it isn't very long or very difficult. After the numerous trainer battles I finally reached the Pokemon League. I healed up and entered into the firs...freaking Barry!

Barry showed up at the last second and challenged me to a battle. Pachirisu knocked out Staraptor with 2 Discharge's and Lucario defeated Snorlax with Close Combat. Lumineon took down Infernape with a single Surf and Roserade fell to Houndoom's Fire Blast. Floatzel managed to defeat Torterra with Ice Fang but Pachirsu beat it with Spark. Barry seemed confident with his Heracross which just made Houndoom's Fire Blast knocking it out all the better. Barry ran off, I healed my team and then officially entered into the Elite 4.

Vicki arrived in Sandgem Town, ready to talk to Prof Rowan, but Shawty came out yelling something. She nicknamed Piplup Potter... I'm not great with nicknames, am I... She then caught a Bidoof called Bean, a Starly called Staringe and a Shinx called Twinkster... again... I'm not great with nicknames... I trained Starlinge and Twinkster together with Potter, and continued to Jubilife. Got the Poketch, delivered the C Gear, and went straight up to catch a Budew and a Zubat. Wow I am a crit machine. Seriously, Potter, Twinkster and Staringe have gotten so many crits. I trained all my Pokemon and then beat... Shawty... caught a Magikarp on that route and then went ahead and continued to Oreburgh, and I also caught a Psyduck! I caught a Geodude and didnt even bother with Onix in the MIne and then I beat Roark. Saved and stopped. I also evolved Starly.

Vicki's Nuzlocke Team:

Potter (15) - Starlinge (14) - Twinkster (12) - Salad (15) - Robin (12) - Sikd (13)

Spoiler:- Deaths:

Spoiler:- Box'd/caught:

Critical Hit Count: 7

Aaron was up first. Houndoom defeated Yanmega with a Flamethrower so Aaron sent out Drapion. I sent out Torterra in hopes of knocking it out with Earthquake but Ice Fang took care of Torterra. Lucario came out and beat Drapion with two Earthquake's instead. Drifblim defeated Heracross with Fly and Houndoom knocked out Scizor and Vespiquen with Flamethrower and Fire Blast respectively. Easy battle.

Bertha was second. Torterra's Wood Hammer took care of Whiscash. I swapped to Lumineon who defeated Gliscor with Ice Beam. Lumineon also defeated Golem and Rhyperior but with Surf. Hippowdon was too strong for Lumineon so Torterra had to come in and win with Wood Hammer. Another easy battle.

Lumineon started off against Flint's Houndoom and won with Surf. He sent out Infernape and it used Thunderpunch which somehow did not knock out Lumineon, but a critical hit Surf knocked Infernape out. I swapped to Torterra against Magmortar and got a lucky Quick Claw activation so Earthquake defeated it. Flareon's Overheat beat Torterra so I returned to Lumineon who beat it with Surf. Rapidash used Bounce which knocked out Lumineon so I swapped to Houndoom and defeated it with a few Dark Pulse's. I healed up and continued on.

Houndoom knocked out Mr Mime with Dark Pulse to start off the fourth battle. He sent out Espeon next which barely survived Dark Pulse. Lucian randomly swapped to Alakazam next which could not survive Dark Pulse. Next was Gallade which proved difficult. The only thing I have that is super effective is Drifblim but it kept fainting thanks to Stone Edge. Torterra's taking abilities proved incredibly useful here because I could keep reviving Drifblim. When Stone Edge finally missed Shadow Ball knocked it out. Houndoom's Fire Blast defeated Bronzong and another Dark Pulse finished off Espeon.

Finally Champion Cynthia appears. Houndoom vs Spiritomb. I start off with Dark Pulse which does little damage but enough so that a Fire Blast could knock it out, leaving Houndoom with no more PP for Fire Blast. She switched to Milotic so I went to Pachirisu. I used Super Fang to weaken to half and survived a Surf so I went for a Spark in hopes of hurting it but not enough so she would heal. I lucked out and Milotic knocked out Pachirisu with Surf. Lucario was able to come in and win with Close Combat thanks to the low health. Cynthia sent in her own Lucario so I swapped to Torterra. I got another Quick Claw activation and beat Lucario with Earthquake. Then came Togekiss....I hate this thing. I sacrificed Torterra and revived Pachirisu. I used Super Fang followed by Thunderbolt before being defeated by Aura Sphere. I went to Lucario in hopes of using Close Combat and knocking it out but of course Togekiss gets a critical hit Aura Sphere and knocks out Lucario. I sacrificed Drifblim to revive Pachirisu and did the same strategy except this time I went to Houndoom who attacked first with Flamethrower and knocked out Togekiss. Then came Garchomp...I hate this thing. I sent out Lumineon and discoved that Ice Beam only does half damge on Garchomp. I also discovered that Lumineon can survive Earthquake but not Dragon Rush which led to me reviving and sacrificing all my Pokemon in hopes that Garchomp would miss Dragon Rush or use Earthquake on Lumineon. Once it finally missed I finished it off with another Ice Beam. Cynthia sent out her final Pokemon, Roserade. All I had was Lumineon and a weakened Houndoom. I let Lumineon faint to heal up Houndoom. Roserade was faster then Houndoom and used Toxic while Houndoom used Flamethrower which left Roserade with a sliver of health. She used Sludge Bomb which left Houndoom with 27HP and Flamethrower knocked it out. I panicked because I wasn't sure if Houndoom would take damage despite winning and thankfully it did. Cynthia was defeated! Rowan showed up to congratulate me and my team was put into the Hall of Fame! Sinnoh finished, and just in time.

With the exception of Dodrio I think every flyer (Noctowl, Crobat, and Drifblim) has been the most disappointing member of my teams. At least Pachirisu was awesome.

The Platinum Challenge!!!

Sinnoh Diary

I have decided to travel through the Sinnoh Region, in Platinum style. I choose this game, because I dont remember the only time I made it, because I was 10 years old then, so 5 years ago. I wanted to know what was actually in the game. So I am going to travel it again.

One more comment: I have named my Pokemon with Dutch names, so no, I didnt misspell them

+ Decided to pick Piplup, won't be using it though.
    + Travelled towards Jublife City, were I met Looker and beat my Rival
    + Travelled to Oreburgh City
    + Piplup tried to evolve, but didnt allow it as I want it to stay as a Piplup
    Beat ROARK: Bubble spam, until it learnt BubbleBeam during battle, so from then on spammed Bubblebeam. Coal Badge Get!
    + Travelled to Floarama Town, were I could finally catch my first Pokemon that I will be using
    + Caught a Mild Male Burmy in the first tree I slathered with Honey, named it Freek
    +Trained a bit, and defeated Mars with help of Piplup
    + Burmy EVOLVED into Mothim
    + Beat GARDENIA: Using Freek is almost to easy. Spamming HP Fly, Gust and Bug Bite. Forest Badge Get!
    + Caught a Modest Male Gastly, named it Henk
    + Henk EVOLVED into Haunter
    + Henk EVOLVED into Gastly after traading forth and back with the DS of my sister
    + Traveled to route 208

Now I am looking for a Adamant Male Ralts so that I can get a Gallade.

My Team:

Freek - Mothim Lv30
    Mild Male
    Confusion
    Gust
    Bug Bite
    Hidden Power Fly

Henk - Gengar Lv27
    Modest Male
    Shadow Punch
    Night Shade
    Confuse Ray
    Sucker Punch

Sorry for using your style Shiny Espeon, but I loved reading it, because it was so ordened
    Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 30th October 2013 at 4:32 PM.
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

Page 205 of 217 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast