Page 188 of 217 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 5401

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

I started off the battle with Lucian by having Magnezone go up against Mr Mime. Magnezone wasn't doing much damage so I switch to Torterra and had it finish it off with Earthquake. He went with Espeon next so I switched in Blissey. My plan was to make it use up all of it's Psychic attacks so I could switch to someone else and not worry about being knocked out. Blissey ended up beating Espeon however which was nice. He went to Gallade next so I sent in Rapidash and had it use Bounce. I luckily got a critical hit so it only took one to beat Gallade. He used Bronzong and Rapidash kept using Flame Wheel until it fainted. His last Pokemon was Alakazam so I used Mesprit against it. It took two Shadow Ball's and a Swift, but Alakazam finally fainted.

Lv53
    Lv54
    Lv54
    Lv53
    Lv53
    Lv53
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by AffroBull View Post
    Buck is a guy... hahaha
    well... he looks like a gal... effeminate/androgynous sprite ftw?! or wtf?! or perhaps just my bad lol.

anyway, you can't manipulate which swarm dawn's sister will tell you about and will subsequently appear by soft reseting, unlike backlot's trophy garden. not a problem really, just good to know. honey trees are a game of chance decided when you slather each tree too, while the poke radar doesn't need activating or rotating availabilities.

what i'd really like to know is whether shroomish has a time of the day when it appears in the great marsh in diamond? i keep looking for it on the binoculars and it doesn't come up; i tend to play diamond at night, is that why? or do i just have to wait for a day when it does appear in the marsh? as an aside, the ones i do see tend to be the same after soft reseting as well - for example after several SRs i see the usuals - wooper, marill, psyduck, hoothoot - and the same 'changing' pokemon - croagunk, skorupi, yanma - so like the swarms it's not manipulable, it seems.

upon further research, bulbapedia gives a basic guide, but serebii's guide to the marsh is more detailed, and from what i can gather from both, a new changing pokemon will appear every day, with some who appeared on previous days reappearing for several days in a row afterwards sometimes, and some not appearing for ages. so, it's a waiting game. peace
    Diamond team - White team - current White trainees -

Legendaries who have deigned to travel the (in-game) worlds with me -

I beat the galactic grunts in jubilife city, got the memo pad, got to Floraroma town, beat the other galaxy grunts, beat Mars, got through the eterna forest, and got to Eterna city.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Well I beat all the trainers on the route I saved on.Then I arrived at Jublife City.I got myself a Poketch,and I beat the trainers in the school.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

sweet! i found some shroomish in binocs so i went into the great marsh and managed to catch 4, one getting away from me. 3 poison healers and one effect spore demon; what sucks is one of the poison healers is adamant, and it has like 30 IVs in HP and speed and high 20s in both defenses - but 0 in sp.atk, and just 4 in attack! gutted. the effect spore one is also adamant but has poor IVs in all. still, i now have the ultimate catcher pokemon, and i can leave the great marsh behind now. also caught a couple of swarming drowzees on route 215; peace

I beat the trainers in the eterna gym, beat Gardenia, beat Jupiter, got the bike, beat all the trainers on cycling road, beat the wayward cave, got to Hearthome city, got my 5th team member, a male eevee I named Benjamin, got the poffin case, got most of the items at amity square, beat the trainers in the gym, beat Fantina, beat my rival, gt to Solaceon town, got defog, beat the trainers in the lost tower, beat all of the trainers in between Solaceon and Veilstone, and got to Veilstone city.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I got myself an Old Rod,and maybe I'll use it later on.I battled my rival.I lost the first time,but I won the rematch.

I beat the trainers in the gym, evolved Benjamin into Vaporeon, beat Maylene, beat the grunts who stole Lucas's pokedex, and beat all of the trainers in between Veilstone and the restaurant.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

After a while of deliberation, I've decided to transfer all my stuff to HeartGold (again) to start anew on Platinum. Team will be Infernape, Feraligatr, Espeon, Yanmega, Raichu, and Dusknoir. Rarely use the final three, will be an interesting experiment.

Platinum is so much better than Diamond. Wow.

Better graphics, more competition, etc.

I caught myself a few pokemon.Then I crushed the trainers while heading to Oreburgh City.Then I arrived and saved.

Cynthia....oh how I don't like this battle. Rapidash beat her Spiritomb by using a couple Fire Blasts and a Flame Wheel. She went with Milotic next and so I had Magnezone come out but her stupid Milotic knocked it out with Mirror Coat. I had Rapidash come out and revived Magnezone but they both fainted so Blissey came out. Blissey did enough to where Magnezone could come in and beat it with Thunderbolt. Garchomp was next so I had Vaporeon. After barely surviving Earthquake I used Ice Beam and only brought it's health to halfway. It used Dragon Rush and missed so Vaporeon beat it with Ice Beam. Her fourth Pokemon was Roserade. Mesprit used a Psychic against it but wasn't able to survive a poisoning. Rapidash came in to finish it off with Flame Wheel. Magnezone was next vs her Togekiss but Aura Sphere beat me. I used Vaporeon again but it fainted to Shock Wave. Blissey came back out which gave me time to revive Vaporeon and Magnezone. Once Blissey fainted I went with Magnezone and finally landed a Thunderbolt. She used Shock Wave which left me with 2HP so Thunderbolt knocked it out. She used Lucario last and I went with Rapidash and got a lucky critical hit Flame Wheel to win me the battle!!!

Lv53
    Lv55
    Lv55
    Lv53
    Lv54
    Lv53
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Still can't capture Articuno and Zapdos, I've been trying for the past week or so. VERY irritating! Both are paralyzed and they keep using Roost when they get down to low health. I must've used 100 Dusk balls and a good 50-60 ultra balls.

I used my Master Ball on Moltres as soon as I saw it, since I already had Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf, Giratina, Palkia, and Dialga.

Well I finally got Zapdos, now I just need to get Articuno down to low health, run, then try a quick ball.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 27th January 2012 at 6:36 PM.

I got HP Fighting on my Espeon.Yay!Then I Poketransfered it to my White.

Training at Iron Island with Riley at the moment. I never used to go there except to get the Riolu egg, but now I see how great it is since I've been undertrained recently : P everyones about 38-40 save croagunk at level 36, waiting for the steel gym to revenge my way through it with the croagunk :P his names Big P. (after one of my older friends whos a black belt) anyways, now im fighting the team galactic guys. Heres my team:
    Blitz the ponyta lv.37
    Celina the garevior lv.39
    Lawrence the torterra lv.40
    Big P the croagunk lv.36
    Pippin the Starapor lv.38
    Last members going to be a miltotic. found feebas once, whos to say I can't do it again? :P
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

currently collecting swarm pokemon, trying for the masterball in the jubilife lottery and failing, and leveling up my shroomish while holding an everstone so it can learn spore. there's a trainer near solaceon town called PI something, and he has a goldeen and 2 seakings, levels 36, 37 and 38, who know horn drill and flail. edit - i mention this guy because spamming the vs seeker and fighting him repeatedly is a surefire way to get some mondo EXP for mah shroomish. he gives 4,500 monies for a win too; i'm not far from getting to spore-learning levels - sweet.

i might do some outstanding stuff tonight too - explore the old chateau, wayward cave and stark mountain; fun

edit - so yeah, couple of days later, and it's the middle of the night, and i can't sleep, so i played some diamond; i thought about double posting since no one's added their adventures... but i decided to just edit this post.

today was fun; i got my shroomish to level 45 when it learned spore, and then took its everstone away and leveled it up again so it would evolve into breloom, then teaching it flash; i then went to route 206 to catch some swarming nosepasses, which along with their evolution are the oddest pokemon i can think of. got a sturdy one and a magnet pull one - and then figured what the hell, let's go to the wayward cave. flashed to see my way, and then had a looksee.

i didn't really explore it properly, because i immediately found the main reason i went there - a gible. it had pretty good IVs too, so i'll leave that cave alone for now. then i thought i might as well make a night of it and head off to the old chateau, since i was in the area anyway

i loooove the old chateau. that scaredy cat wasn't around so i just cut down the tree blocking the way and burst in. had a look around, before going to that TV and catching the rotom; i love that it gets a spooky little animation when you give the TV a slap and then it gets its own battle music! did that a few times before getting one with pretty good IVs, and then went looking for ghosts! and possibly a shiny gastly.

i didn't really commit to a shiny hunt, and obv. didn't find one. but i did find the room with the eyes in the painting that disappear when you face it. so awesome. and the little ghost girl in the next room appeared a few times too however, i couldn't make the butler appear in the dining room, which was a shame.

still, i think that place might just be the single most awesome place in any pokemon game. peeeeace
    Last edited by willsgb; 7th February 2012 at 4:23 AM.

I beat the lite 4 + Cynthia last night. It was probably the herdest time I had beating them. Here is my winning team:

Omega lv 50
    Tanya lv 50
    Benjamin lv 52
    Alice lv 51
    Jasper lv 51
    Kate lv 53
    Now I'm going to finish the story and catch heatran, cresselia, mesprit, and the legendary birds before possibly starting over on sulsilver.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Decided to start a new platinum save file.

I got six pokemon hatched from eggs in Pt for ot purposes, trained them in HG, then after I traded them back, I discovered they obeyed me despite the high level...

I beat Roark after using a lv. 25 starmie, one of the six pokemon that was born in, as mentioned, platinum, and it breezed through the first part of the game as well as using up only 3 hours of game playing time according to the file as a result of my brilliance...

^ sweet!
    Last edited by gregjammer; 11th February 2012 at 7:55 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

I started a new game earlier today.. My team so far is: Prinplup, Chansey and Shinx.
    I have just beaten Roark.

Haven't been here for a long time...

Anyway, grabbed my brother's Platinum and started a new game. Chose Piplup as my started but it will be replaced for a Vaporeon. Always wanted to use one... now it's teh time.

So far, I've defeated my rival twice and, at the moment, I'm searching for a Jolly Zubat at Oreburgh Gate.

Squad:

- lv.14
    - lv.14

Badges: lol, none
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 11th February 2012 at 4:57 PM.
    New Army:

Its been ages becuz of HG.. But yeah I decided to go against milotic since i practicaly always use her, so im going with gyradoes, which besides in my old Gold file I have never used. and that was when I was like 8,and taught him all HMs XD Traded over a magikarp to my pearl, used the mysterious rare candies to level him up a bit along with some other members and am now heading up the snowy route.team:
    Torterra lv.42
    Gyradoes Lv.40
    Rapidash Lv.41
    Staraptor Lv.41
    Gardevior Lv.41
    Toxicroack lv.41
    My bro doesn't hack but I use his pearl to train allot. XD also put plat progress in siggy :P I kind of want to use Ninetails, actually, so she might replace Rapidash after the E4 if I can get my hands on one.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Finally found the freakin' Zubat! However, I didn't know training him (yeah, a male) would be equally painful...

Moving on, I defeated Roark:

vs - one Bubble was enough to smash lil' Geodude. And it was enough to give my Piplup a level. Level 16, awesome. Me - 1, Roark - 0.

vs - oh, an Onix. Bubble didn't OHKO. As such, Roark used a Potion. But it wasn't enough. That stupid Onix was no match for my Piplup. Me - 2, Roark - 0.

vs - Cranidos... meh, a Bubble will send him down. I wished: first try, flinch. Second try... there was no second try. Two Headbutts knocked out my brave penguin. Me - 2, Roark - 1.

vs - Shinx's Intimidate lowered that skank's incredible Attack stat. His Headbutts would no longer be as devastating as they were before. Spark, Spark, Spark. Cranidos was defeated, Shinx went to Level 15 and I won the battle. Sorry Roark, but that badge is mine.

Oh, and my pals evolved. Even more awesome.

After this victory, I went back to Jubilife. Defeated some Team Galactic Grunts with Dawn's help and headed north, to Floaroma.

Squad:

- lv.16
    - lv.16
    - lv.8

Badges: 1

Yeah, Zubat needs training. Gardenia is next and bringing that Roserade down isn't going to be easy.
    New Army:

I'm about to enter the spear pillar. I beat Candice rather easily, with the help of rapidash. I'm contemplating if I should train more, but I remember the first time I played through my highest was lv.42.. heres my team:
    Gardevoir Lv.43
    Torterra Lv.44
    Staraptor Lv.41
    Gyrados Lv.42
    Rapidash Lv.44
    Toxicroack Lv.43
    hmmm..I'm contemplating trading out Toxicroack for Garchomp. is poison even good against anything? XD theres hardly any pure grass types in the fourth gen, but idk for sure. I could go for a jolteon as well, seeing as I never have electric types. Either way I'm going to change it after the E4. for now, I'm about to face the two main commanders with mah rival. pesky little grunts and their stunkys. :P Waiting to post till I get to him..allright!!! stupid munchlax. I remember once I killed him on purpose XD OMG!! ITS SO TROLL!! skuntank kills my poke, then munchlax kills him so I get no exp -.-

Well, advanced quite a bit in my journey. This is what happened:

-Trained my Zubat. Learned Bite.
    -Reached Floaroma Town.
    -Trained my Zubat. Learned Wing Attack (finally!).
    -Received the Works' Key.
    -Fought Team Galactic at Valley Windworks. The redhead admin, Mars, was the main target:

vs - One Spark knocked him out. Simple.
    vs - Oh, an illegal Purugly. You like sending us those, don't you, Game Freak? Anyway, not an easy battle. Four Bubblebeams were required to teach that fat cat a lesson. At least, my Prinplup leveled up. Sweet.

-Escorted Cheryl through Eterna Forest. Boring.
    -Reached Eterna City.
    -Trained my Zubat. He evolved to Golbat. Changed his name to Venomfang.
    -Challanged Gardenia for the Forest Badge, in one of the quickest battles I've ever had with a Gym Leader:

vs - Wing Attack and KO. So long, Turtwig.
    vs - Sorry Cherrim, no sun for you today. One Wing Attack didn't destroy her. This meant my Golbat was hit. By a Grass Knot. You had Stun Spore. Why didn't you use it? Anyway, Wing Attack and KO. You tried. You failed.
    vs - Finally, the big one. Roserade, I was expecting you. They said you were extremely powerful. Give me reasons to believe in them!... oh, you're already down? One Wing Attack knocked you out? Weak. Gardenia, give me the badge. This was a waste of my time.

-Went to Team Galactic's building, where I've stopped.

Squad:

(no name yet) - lv.23
    (Venomfang) - lv.24
    (going to be replaced) - lv.24
    (Rock Smasher - not her name) - lv.5

Badges: 2

Jupiter, you're next.
    New Army:

It's been a while.

Started a new game. Already planned my team; Luxray, Heracross, Quagsire, Tangrowth, Swellow. All going to be named after shades of blue (Dodger, Royal, Navy, Cornflower, Carolina).

Did all the necessary crap that had to be done pre-Shinx. Caught a little dude, and scrapped Piplup. Nicknamed him Dodger, and am currently training him.
    Last edited by OJG; 12th February 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Page 188 of 217 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast