Page 202 of 217 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 5403

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

I reached the top of the Lost Tower, but I couldn't do anything because of the fog. Now I'm at the Solaceon Ruins, and I'm damned and determined to capture one of all 26 alphabet Unown. Then I'll be able to get into the ruins extension and get at the !? Unown. Maybe I'll even find a shiny Unown while I am at it. I'm not holding my breath, though...

Platinum

Recently defeated Cyrus for the final time after traipsing through the Distortion World for a bloody eternity. Now about to head to Sunyshore for the final gym badge. I've revamped my team yet again, and tweaked the existing members' movesets:

Atlas
    Impish {49}
    Earthquake, Rock Polish, Wood Hammer, Rock Slide

Letty
    Mild {49}
    Discharge, Super Fang, Fake Tears, Hidden Power

Karys
    Jolly {49}
    Return, Brave Bird, Close Combat, Fly

Darcy
    Modest {50}
    Surf, Ice Beam, Hidden Power, Rain Dance

Axel
    Adamant {49}
    Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Bug Bite, Brick Break

Patches
    Adamant {47}
    Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Aqua Tail

Domanique
    Naughty {47}
    Double Hit, Seed Bomb, Fire Punch, Ice Punch

I generally alternate between Ambipom and Whiscash for the last slot. Both their types are already represented on the team, although I find two Water-types useful due to needing both Surf and Waterfall, so I reckon I'll eventually stick with just Whiscash.

The Unown hunt continues... I need C and Q to complete the alphabet, and I'd bet it'll take me forever to find them. Gonna continue to run around in the ruins in the (probably vain) hope of scaring up a shiny

...This game is being rude. I got the "S", "H", and "T" forms of Unown one after the other. Good thing the "I" form only spawns in the main corridor of the third level down and not in the side chambers.

After FOUR DAYS of hunting, the elusive shiny Unown finally appeared! It's the X form, bright blue and sparkly Now I can leave the ruins and continue on.

Before going after the last two letter Unown and then starting the shiny hunt I'd left a lvl 2 Starly in the daycare. By the time I reemerged from the ruins it was lvl 34. Retrieved it, left my Gible, and proceeded to evolve Starly into Staravia and then into Staraptor. Once that was done I cleared the Lost Tower, beat some more trainers, and headed up Route 210 to the cafe and the crossroad to Route 215. Made my way to Veilstone, got my gift Porygon, puttered around for a bit, then put Chirp the Staraptor first in my team and took on the gym. Won my fourth gym badge. Once I was done there I returned to Solaceon Town to pick up my Gible and evolved it into Gabite. It is now lvl 27 and just shy of leveling up again.

After beating the gym, I helped Lucas pwn some Galactic Grunts, then headed south down Route 214 toward Lake Valor and Pastoria City. Took my Luxray into the gym and proceeded to destroy the place, then chased down a Galactic Grunt back toward the lake. Met up with Cynthia, who gave me the Secret Potion for the Psyduck blocking Route 210-North. I'm going to head back up Route 212 toward the Pokemon Mansion and back to Hearthome City, then head over to Route 210 and make my way up toward Celestic Town.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 1st June 2013 at 6:56 AM.

I have made a LOT of progress in Platinum over the last day or two.

Got to Celestic Town, beat the stuffing out of Cyrus there, got the Surf HM and headed for Canalave City. After a skirmish with my rival, Dingbat (heh), I hopped aboard the ship to Iron Island. In there I put Storm the Gyarados as my lead, since places full of rock-types are ideal for leveling up a water-type. In the process I got Storm up to lvl 41, so I was packing Hydro Pump, one of my favorite water-type moves, going into the Canalave City Gym. Hot-knife-through-butter time! Between Surf, Aqua Tail, and Hydro Pump, I tore through that gym very easily and got my sixth gym badge.

After the Galactic Bomb went off I went to Lake Valor, beat the snot out of the Galactic commander, then went to Lake Verity and repeated the snot-beating-out-of. Following that I headed up to Snowpoint City, leveling up and evolving my Monferno into Infernape on the way. By the time I reached the Snowpoint Gym I had a lvl 42 Infernape. The gym was no challenge, not with a fire-type that powerful.

Currently I'm ripping through the Galactic HQ in Veilstone. I've also been feeding my Gabite Carbos to boost its speed. I will eventually be using Garchomp to catch the legendary birds by using Slash to bring down their HP, so it has to be fast, faster than they are. Currently my Gabite is lvl 42 with a base Speed stat of 90.

Today I scaled Mt Coronet, watched Cyrus do something very stupid, and then almost get eaten by Giratina. Navigating the Distortion World certainly was interesting. I beat Cyrus, then took on Giratina. Was planning to settle in for the long haul of wearing it down and pelting it with ultra balls until I caught it, but it KO'ed all but my HM slave, which is only lvl 16 (I can't be bothered to train it) and I ended up pitching a Master Ball at it. Now I'm gonna hit the Ravaged Path after the Luck Incense to increase my prize money, then I'll head for Sunyshore City.

Before I go after any other legendaries I'm going to transfer Gardevoir from Diamond, since it knows Hypnosis and a sleeping legendary is so much easier to catch.

Thank the Powers That Be for Garchomp being part ground-type. It (or rather, she) was my lead in the Sunyshore gym since ground-types are immune to electric attacks. Beat Volkner fairly handily and moved on, heading up Route 223 toward the Victory Road. Here I has Luxray as my lead, frying water-types left and right. Currently I'm halfway through the Victory Road. Once I emerge I'll trade my battle team from Diamond and beat up the Elite 4.

If I have the amulet coin on one pokemon and the luck incense on another pokemon and use them both in battle, does that mean my prize money gets quadrupled, or will I just get the usual doubled?

After the E4 goes down, I'm going to go root around underground to make enough pokedollars to buy the absolute ton of ultra balls and timer balls I'm going to need while going after Dialga and Palkia and the legendary birds.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 4th June 2013 at 11:23 PM.

Finished going through the Victory Road and reached the Pokemon League. I had one final battle with my rival, Dingbat, then went upstairs to trade teams with Diamond. I OHKO'ed half the Elite 4, discovering in the process that a Giratina knowing Shadow Claw is particularly deadly against Lucien. Cynthia also went down very quickly. I'd sent over my Rotom for the experience, and it gained an easy 20 levels during the Elite 4/Champion battles.

After the E4 and the closing credits, I traded my team back, sending over my male Garchomp from Diamond so I could breed it with my female from Platinum. The hatchling will be sent over to Black 2 along with the caught legendaries once I'm finished catching things. Next I'm going underground to dig up things to sell, and then I'll be going after Palkia and Dialga, then the birds.

And I am DONE! *falls over*

After flattening the Elite 4 and Champion and doing all the other required stuff, I went underground and dug around until I had a pile of things to sell. That got me up to about 350,000 pokedollars, with which I bought quick balls and ultra balls and timer balls and some hyper potions (cheaper than max potions) so I could tackle the legendaries. First up: the rest of the Creation Trio. I retrieved the adamant and lustrous orbs, sent over Gardevoir from Diamond (this one knew Hypnosis), and headed up Mt Coronet. What I'd forgotten was that Palkia and Dialga were lvl 70, while my pokemon were in the lvl 47-53 range. As you can probably imagine, getting their health down low enough to attempt capture was a PAIN.

First up was Dialga. After I got its HP into the red I waited for it to use Roar of Time, then switched in Gardevoir while it was recharging. Put it to sleep, and got it with the second ultra ball. Immediately saved the game. Next up was Palkia. Palkia was even more of a pain, since apparently it doesn't need to recharge after using Spacial Rend. Finally, I was down to Gardevoir at half HP, when Palkia made a Big Mistake. It used Heal Block instead of KO'ing me. I nailed it with Hypnosis, and THE VERY FIRST ULTRA BALL nabbed it.

After that, it was time to go find Oak and start bird-hunting. I also had Mesprit running around loose, so there were four spots on my marking map. I finally had to hunt Mesprit down and KO it to get it out of the way (I wasn't catching the lake trio anyway). Tried a few tricks to catch the bird trio. My Garchomp was faster than Moltres and Articuno, but Zapdos was faster than Garchomp, so finally I retrieved Scyther from Diamond and used a trick I'd seen on YouTube while watching someone catching Thundurus. I used False Swipe to get them down to one HP, then used Toxic to inflict status on them. Because they ran immediately it never had a chance to affect their HP, but they were still poisoned. After that I just ran in and out of Jubilife City until they appeared on Route 204-South and I could pitch quick balls at them. Got Zapdos first, then Moltres, and finally Articuno.

And now I am officially DONE with Platinum. And a damn good thing, too. Every now and then the game would freeze, and when I restarted my DS it would insist there was no game card inserted. I'd have to remove and reinsert Platinum to get it to work again. That was making me nervous, so I wanted to be done with it as quickly as possible. I traded Moltres and Articuno over to Diamond long enough to get them into my pokedex (I have Zapdos already), and then I transferred them all over to Black 2 via PokeTransfer.

Now I never have to even look at Platinum again!

...at least until the "play it again!" bug bites...

Just bought a brand new copy of Platinum for Ł10 so I decided to start a Flying Mono-type Challenge on it.

Chose Turtwig as my starter and purposely lost to my rival, Gavin, as I don't want any non-flying type Pokémon to get any experience before I defeat the Elite Four. Did the usual start of game stuff before buying 10 Pokéballs and catching my first team member, a level 2 Starly that is now known as 'Skye'. Trained 'Skye' up to level 9 before heading on to route 203 to battle my rival once again, this time I won convincingly. The next thing I did was catch a Zubat named 'Roxie' and proceeded on to the Oreburgh Mine where I trained 'Skye' up to level 15 before heading back to the gym to beat Roark.

Roark was surprisingly easy as all I did was set up multiple Double-Teams on his Geodude before sweeping his team, only taking damage from a single Headbutt by his Cranidos. Then I had to head back to Jubilife City and then up North to Floaroma Town whilst training 'Roxie' along the way. Beat the Team Galactic Grunts easily with Roxie's newly learned Bite attack before my Skye's Intimidate allowed me to destroy Mars' Purugly.

Next up was the Eterna Forest where I abused the power of Cheryl's automatic healing to get both Roxie and Skye up to level 20. I then went to the Eterna Gym and swept through it with surprisingly Gardenia's Turtwig being the biggest problem due to its love of Reflect. Ended my day by going underground in search of some shards for move tutors later on in the game but I only managed to find 2 Red Shards and 1 Blue Shard in 30 minutes of digging. (Did also get 3 Skull fossils however).

Spoiler:- Current Team:

Current status in Pearl:
    Party:
    Roserade - "Flora" - level 52 - Giga Drain/Shadow Ball/Toxic/Ingrain - 5 ribbons
    Gastrodon - "SluggyWubs" (don't judge me) - level 54 - Recover/Mud Bomb/Surf/Brine - 4 ribbons
    Empoleon - "Birdie" - level 51 - Grass Knot/Aqua Jet/Metal Claw/Aerial Ace - 2 ribbons
    Leafeon - "LeafyWeafy" - level 17 - Tackle/Tail Whip/Razor Leaf/Sand Attack - 0 ribbons
    Steelix - "Martha Jr." - level 56 - Iron Tail/Crunch/Double Edge/Stone Edge - 1 ribbon
    Tentacruel - "H8RSGNNA8" - level 50 - Barrier/Surf/Poison Jab/Hydro Pump - 2 ribbons

Time:
    49:22

Dex:
    168 (seen); 33 (obtained)

~~~~
    After about three resets, I finally beat Cynthia (surprisingly enough, I struggled with her Lucario and NOT her Garchomp, like everyone else seems to do). After beating Cynthia, I had only 6 Pokémon I didn't encounter in the Sinnoh dex: Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Riolu, Lumineon, and Tentacool.

I went after Mesprit first, as it was the easiest to encounter. Once it was set free (and in my dex!) I went after Azelf. I saved right before talking to it, but of course, I couldn't catch it. I had to restart FOUR times, and the damn thing still wouldn't stay in the Ultra Ball. -sigh- Not a huge loss, though. I went after Uxie (my favourite of the Lake Trio) straight after. I didn't save before going encountering Uxie this time, though. After lowering its health to red, yet still having failed Ultra Balls, I used my Masterball (that I intended to use on Cresselia). Of course, the Masterball captured Uxie without fail, so I went out on my way. After a few quick Pokémon battles, I got the last three Pokémon into my dex, giving me the Poké Radar and my National Dex.

After speaking with Bebe, I got my Eevee, which I quickly evolved into Leafeon - my favourite Eeveelution. I nicknamed him LeafyWeafy just for the hell of it. >.> Leafy is currently level 17 and knows the moves Sand Attack, Tackle, Razor Leaf, and Tail Whip.

My next venture is scaling Stark Mountain with Buck. I'm not sure if I'll catch or kill Heatran though; I suppose I'll just wait and see.

~that's all for now~
    Last edited by Seles; 7th June 2013 at 5:45 AM.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Since the last time I posted,I have done some more stuff!I met Cyrus who spoke a bit before challenging me to a battle.I won the battle quite convincingly.

Vs Cyrus
    -He started with Murkrow and I sent out Drapion.
    -Drapion's Poison Fang did high damage while Murkrow used Embargo to prevent the use of items.
    -Cyrus used Super Potion to heal most of Murkrow's HP while Drapion's Poison Fang did some damage.
    -Drapion's Poison Fang and Murkrow's Drill Peck did some damage to each other.
    -Drapion knocked out Murkrow with another Poison Fang.Cyrus sent out Golbat.
    -Drapion's Aqua Tail did some damage while Golbat's Poison Fang did little damage.The effects of Embargo wore off.
    -Drapion's Aqua Tail did some damage while Golbat's Bite did little damage.
    -Cyrus used Super Potion to heal some of Golbat's HP while Drapion's Aqua Tail did some damage.
    -Drapion's Aqua Tail missed while Golbat's Poison Fang did little damage.
    -Drapion's Aqua Tail did some damage while Golbat's Supersonic missed.
    -Drapion's Aqua Tail missed while Golbat's Bite did little damage.
    -Drapion knocked out Golbat with another Aqua Tail.Cyrus sent out Sneasel.
    -Sneasel's Quick Attack and Drapion's Pin Missile did little damage to each other.
    -Sneasel defeated Drapion with Slash.I sent out Golduck.
    -Sneasel's Quick Attack did little damage while Golduck's Focus Blast missed.
    -Sneasel used Screech to reduce Golduck's Defense but it was defeated by Golduck's Focus Blast.

Cyrus rewarded me with the ultimate Pokeball,a Master Ball.He told that he is off to Mt.Coronet.I got a hidden Nugget.I then healed my team in Team Galactic Nap Room.I went through a warp panel and reached some scientists.I went along and met Saturn and saw that the Lake Trio were suffering.Saturn challenged me to a battle to take revenge for Lake Valor.But it was not to be as I easily prevailed.

Vs Saturn
    -He started with Kadabra and I sent out Drapion.
    -Drapion's Pin Missile did massive damage while Kadabra's Shock Wave did little damage.
    -Drapion's Pin Missile missed while Kadabra used Embargo to prevent the use of items.
    -Drapion knocked out Kadabra with another Pin Missile.Saturn sent out Bronzor.
    -Drapion's Aqua Tail did some damage while Bronzor's Shadow Ball did little damage.
    -Drapion's Aqua Tail did some damage while Bronzor's Gyro Ball did little damage.
    -Drapion knocked out Bronzor with another Aqua Tail.The effects of Embargo wore off.Saturn sent out Toxicroak.
    -Drapion's Earthquake did heavy damage.Toxicroak's Sitrus Berry restored some of its HP and it used Swagger to raise Drapion's Attack and confuse it.
    -Drapion defeated Toxicroak with another Earthquake.

After I defeated him,I pressed the switch of a machine to set the Lake Trio free.Saturn told me that Team Galactic has created a Red Chain from crystals from the Lake Trio and it would be used on Mt.Coronet by Cyrus.I exited the place and healed my team.I went through Route 208 to reach Mt.Coronet.I went through Mt.Coronet fighting countless Team Galactic Grunts and getting truckloads of items including hidden items.By the time I reached Spear Pillar,my team was very exhausted and couldn't take on Mars and Jupiter.So,I used an Escape Rope to exit the mountain and healed my team at Hearthome Pokemon Center.Since I could take only 5 of my team members to Spear Pillar due to requiring my HM Slave Bibarel to reach Spear Pillar,the one to miss out was Lopunny.I saved the game just before taking on Mars and Jupiter.

Team:

Lv.41 Male Naughty (Flame Wheel/Close Combat/ThunderPunch/Shadow Claw) Ability:Blaze Held Item:Fist Plate

Lv.41 Female Adamant (Surf/Ice Beam/Focus Blast/Psychic) Ability:Cloud Nine Held Item:Mystic Water

Lv.41 Male Bold (Ominous Wind/Fly/Thunderbolt/Silver Wind) Ability:Aftermath Held Item:Spooky Plate

Lv.42 Male Brave (Return/Jump Kick/ThunderPunch/Ice Punch) Ability:Cute Charm Held Item:Shell Bell

Lv.41 Female Naive (Vine Whip/Giga Impact/Crunch/Sludge Bomb) Ability:Levitate Held Item:Miracle Seed

Lv.41 Male Hasty (Poison Fang/Aqua Tail/Earthquake/Pin Missile) Ability:Sniper Held Item:Poison Barb
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

I've completed the Pokemon League since my last update, as well as the post-game content. All that's left now is the Elite Four rematches. I may also tackle the Battle Frontier, although this team is strictly in-game and their EVs are all over the place, so it could be a disaster. I've added my Mamoswine from HG to the team, since he was pretty much gathering dust, and I reckon he'll be helpful for Cynthia.

Atlas
    Impish {64}
    Earthquake, Rock Polish, Wood Hammer, Rock Slide

Letty
    Mild {64}
    Discharge, Super Fang, Fake Tears, Hidden Power

Axel
    Adamant {64}
    Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Bug Bite, Brick Break

Karys
    Jolly {64}
    Return, Brave Bird, Close Combat, Fly

Darcy
    Modest {64}
    Surf, Ice Beam, Hidden Power, Rain Dance

Nover
    Jolly {69}
    Ice Fang, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Ice Shard

Spoiler:- Beginning:

Spoiler:- EDIT 1:
    Last edited by Emeraldfan; 17th June 2013 at 3:47 PM.

Since the last time,I have done some more stuff.I proceeded to Spear Pillar where I met Cyrus,Mars and Jupiter.Cyrus summoned Palkia and an epic cutscene followed after which Cyrus told me about his plans.Mars and Jupiter challenged me to a battle.Just then SirPera came and asked to not start the party without him.So,we both had a tag battle with Mars and Jupiter.They both were easily defeated by our combination.SirPera healed my team after the battle.When Palkia tries to create a new universe,the Lake Trio appears and stops its creation thus destroying the Red Chain.He then challenged me to a battle which I unfortunately lost and blacked out.This time I took Lopunny with me and left out Drapion.I climbed back Mt.Coronet and reached Spear Pillar again but I had to defeat Mars and Jupiter all over again with SiPera.I easily managed to do so.This time I battled Cyrus and managed to defeat him thus preventing him from executing his plans.

Vs Cyrus
    -He started with Honchkrow and I sent out Golduck.
    -Golduck's Ice Beam did high damage while Honchkrow's Steel Wing did little damage.
    -Cyrus used Super Potion to heal some of Honchkrow's HP but it was defeated by another Ice Beam.Cyrus sent out Gyarados.
    -Golduck's Psychic and Gyarados's Ice Fang did little damage to each other.
    -Golduck's Psychic did little damage and it was defeated by Gyarados's Giga Impact.I sent out Carnivine.
    -Gyarados recharged while Carnivine's Vine Whip did little damage.
    -Cyrus withdrew Gyarados and sent out Crobat while Carnivine's Giga Impact did some damage.
    -Crobat's Cross Poison did heavy damage and poisoned Carnivine while Carnivine recharged.Carnivine was hurt by poison.
    -Crobat knocked out Carnivine with another Cross Poison.I sent out Drifblim.
    -Crobat's Air Slash and Drifblim's Thunderbolt did some damage to each other.
    -Crobat's Air Slash did some more damage but it was knocked out by Drifblim's Thunderbolt.Cyrus sent out Weavile.
    -Weavile's X-Scissor did little damage while Drifblim's Silver Wind did some damage and raised Drifblim's Attack,Defense,Speed,Sp.Attack and Sp.Defense.
    -Weavile's X-Scissor did little damage while Drifblim's Silver Wind did some more damage.Weavile's Sitrus Berry restored some of its HP.
    -Weavile knocked out Drifblim with Ice Punch but took some damage from Drifblim's Aftermath.I sent out Lopunny.
    -Weavile's X-Scissor did some damage but it was defeated by Lopunny's Jump Kick.Lopunny's Shell Bell healed it a little.Cyrus sent out Gyarados again.
    -Lopunny's ThunderPunch did some damage and paralyzed Gyarados.Lopunny's Shell Bell healed it a little but it was defeated by Gyarados's Giga Impact.I sent out Infernape.
    -Infernape knocked out Gyarados with ThunderPunch.

Cyrus admitted his defeat and left along with the other members of Team Galactic.Just then,Prof.Rowan and Dawn arrived and the Professor entrusted me to stop the enraged Palkia.I battled it but since my team was already tired from the previous battle,I lost and blacked out.I climbed Mt.Coronet for the third time and reached Spear Pillar again.This time I managed to weaken Palkia enough and caught it in a Net Ball.It has Careful Nature(+Sp.Defense/-Sp.Defense) which is not good since Sp.Attack is its highest stat.Prof.Rowan was thrilled at having seen this sight.I picked up Lustrous Orb and went back my way to the bottom of Mt.Coronet.I got a Hyper Potion and TM Dragon Claw in a cave that was blocked by a Team Galactic Grunt earlier.I then exited the mountain.I was on Route 211.I went to Celestic Town and healed my team before saving.

Team:

Lv.42 Male Naughty (Flame Wheel/Close Combat/ThunderPunch/Shadow Claw) Ability:Blaze Held Item:Fist Plate

Lv.41 Female Adamant (Surf/Ice Beam/Focus Blast/Psychic) Ability:Cloud Nine Held Item:Mystic Water

Lv.41 Male Bold (Ominous Wind/Fly/Thunderbolt/Silver Wind) Ability:Aftermath Held Item:Spooky Plate

Lv.42 Male Brave (Return/Jump Kick/ThunderPunch/Ice Punch) Ability:Cute Charm Held Item:Shell Bell

Lv.41 Female Naive (Vine Whip/Giga Impact/Crunch/Sludge Bomb) Ability:Levitate Held Item:Miracle Seed

Lv.42 Male Hasty (Poison Fang/Aqua Tail/Earthquake/Pin Missile) Ability:Sniper Held Item:Poison Barb
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

So I continued my adventure, Diamond first. And I must say, I'm going to have some trouble until I get my second badge, and then again until I get my fourth badge. This is because 75% of my team is traded from another game, and therefore won't always obey unless I have the right amount of badges. After the second badge my Pokémon will obey me up to lvl 30, after the fourth that will be lvl 50, and I don't suspect any problems after that. But for now I'll have to live with "Pretends not to notice", "Turned away" and "Ignored orders".
    Anyway, I've just cleared out Team Galactic out of Floarma town on my Diamond file. The battle with Mars wasn't that interesting since Pichu decided to obey for once, and one Thunderbolt took care of Zubat. Then I used my newly evolved Grotle and managed to KO Mars' Purugly with two Seed Bomb attacks. Afterwards I ran to the Pokémon Center, healed my Pokémon and saved. And I just realised that I need to buy some more Pokéballs, since I'd used my remaining three to capture the three Pokémon that were now available to me...
    And now I'll be off playing Pearl...
    The battle on Pearl with Mars was probably the easiest I've ever had. My Monferno lost 1 HP and the battle as a whole lasted three turns. Swords Dance, Fire Punch, Brick Break got me the victory. I also believe that this is the first time I've ever OHKO'd Mars' Purugly.
    Having said that Pearl's battle was the easiest, Platinum's battle only took two moves, but four turns. Gligar wouldn't obey the first turn, but destroyed Mars' Zubat the second turn with Rock Slide. Prinplup got flinched the first turn by Purugly's Fake Out attack, but a critical hit Surf took it out the turn after.

Diamond
    Brave [19]
    Seed Bomb, Tackle, Absorb, Withdraw
    Timid [12]
    Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, Calm Mind
    Mild [12]
    Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Grass Knot, ThunderShock
    Naive [13]
    Pursuit, Drill Peck, Heat Wave, Thunder Wave

Pearl
    Jolly [18]
    Scratch, Fire Punch, Brick Break, Swords Dance
    Timid [12]
    Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Sucker Punch, Nasty Plot
    Modest [13]
    Surf, Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Splash
    Jolly [12]
    Quick Attack, Return, Aerial Ace, U-Turn

Platinum
    Modest [18]
    Surf, Ice Beam, Pound, Bubble
    Jolly [13]
    Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Swords Dance
    Timid [14]
    Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave
    Adamant [13]
    Scratch, Brick Break, Fire Punch, Seed Bomb
    Last edited by Emeraldfan; 17th June 2013 at 7:35 PM.

Dawn's Sinnoh Journey in Platinum - Part 1

It was the beginning of one of many 2013 summer journeys. Dawn was at her house with her friend Barry. He told her to meet him, and she went to his house. They both talked, and Barry really wanted a Pokemon, so he said he would be waiting for her at Route 201. She met him there, and Barry wanted to go to Sandgem Town, and go over the... TALL GRASS! However, an old man stopped him. He was Prof. Rowan, and after sort of begging, Barry got both of us a Pokemon from the Prof. Dawn picked first, and she picked a Chimchar, Serious Nature. Barry is a prick though, and he picked Piplup. Prof Rowan and his assistant Lucas left, and Barry asked for a battle. Dawn accepted, and Chimchar won! Both kids went home, ready for their adventures to begin!

Dawn's Platinum Team
    Level 6, No Nickname yet

2nd Diamond File:

Badges 0-1

- Named my character as Debbie
    - Choose Chimchar and won against Starly
    - Got to keep Chimchar now named Wukong, timid nature
    - Got to Jubilife City with ease.
    - Caught a female Budew called Rosa, modest nature.
    - Trained up Rosa.
    - Beat Barry with ease using Rosa and Wukong.
    - Got to Oreburgh City and went to the mines, got Rosa trained and easily beat both gym trainers and leader using Rosa.

Badges 1-2

- Caught a Geodude for rock smash
    - Caught myself a Shellos for my team and called Okenia.
    - Beat trainers and Team Galatic in Floaroma Town
    - Beat trainers up to Eterna Forest
    - In Eterna Forest I finally managed to catch myself my third team member a Murkrow named Omen with Super Luck.
    - Trained up Omen very easily its amazing!
    - Easily got through the forest and to Eterna City.
    - Avoided trainers but beat gym with Omen and Wukong
    - Beat Team Galatic.
    - Took a slight diversion and headed back and around to get the soothe bell for Rosa as she has reached level 18 without evolving.
    - Got the soothe bell for Rosa and trying to get her happiness up for evolution, she's currently on 2 small hearts.

Badges 2-3

- Headed back to Veilstone and beat the gym trainers and leader using Omen (and Wukong for Lucario only).
    - Caught the fourth member of the team a Bonzor Sassy nature with levitate.
    - Currently trying to get Rosa evolved by today and get my team to Level 30 for gym leader number 4.
    Last edited by Dragon trainer; 5th July 2013 at 1:29 PM.
    Pokemon X: Friend Safari: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite: 4914-4884-2329

Dawn's Sinnoh Journey in Platinum - Part 2

Dawn and Barry were ready. They were on Rout 201, ready for their journeys to begin. Barry decided to thank Prof. Rowan by going to Lake Verity and catching the legendary Pokemon! Dawn followed him, but they saw this weird man called Cyrus talking to himself. Barry then realized they had no Pokeballs, so they left to Sandgem Town to thank Prof. Rowan. On the way to Sandgem Town, Dawn met this man who gave her a Potion. Finally in Sandgem Town, she saw Barry leave the lab, and Lucas got her in the lab. There she saw Prof Rowan. She thanked him, and he gave her the Pokedex. She also decided to nickname Chimchar Katniss (fire Pokemon + girl = girl on fire..!!!). As she was leaving, Prof Rowan gave her the TM Return. Lucas told her he would teach her how to catch Pokemon, but first she needed to go home to tell her mom. Back home, Barry's mom was worried and gave Dawn a Parcel to deliver to Barry. So, Lucas then taught Dawn how to catch Pokemon, and gave her 5 Pokeballs. She decided to help Rowan already, and caught a Shinx, a Bidoof, a Kricketot and a Starly. She box'd the first three, and kept Starly who she named Skystar. She finally continued her journey up route 202, fighting a few trainers on her way and training Starly on the way. Dawn has in total been hit by 3 Critical Hits, which is already too many. Once she arrived in Jubilife Town, Lucas took her on a tour around the city.

Critical Hit Count: 3

Dawn's Platinum Team
    Level 8, Katniss
    Level 8, Skystar

I have finally begun his long awaited Platinum journey! I awoke in his house in Twinleaf Town, after watching a rather dull program about Professor Rowan. Why I put it on in the first place remains a mystery. I took one step, and suddenly Barry was upon me. Ranting on about getting a Pokémon (he must've watched the Rowan Show as well; great minds think alike) and my brand new PC, he finally calmed down enough to tell me to meet him outside, which I decided I might as well do (the game mechanics mean I have to regardless). But then my Mom was talking to me. I'm British, so I say 'Mum'- not 'Mom'. But hey ho. Long story short- I got outside, after promising not to go in the Tall Grass, and went and found Barry, who then decided he'd go in the Tall Grass. But thankfully Rowan stopped him, and decided to give us Pokémon, after asking if we loved Pokémon (I wouldn't be playing the game if I didn't like Pokémon- WTF was that question about). Anyway, my rant over, I picked Chimchar.

Barry then came at me again, with his penguin Pokémon Piplup. How quaint. We then agreed to his demise battle, and I obviously won, with 12 HP to spare. Well done Chimchar. I trained my Brave starter to level 8, and I got to nickname him at Rowan's lab. I named him 'FlameMonki', because it's a Fire type, and it's a monkey (I had 10 characters to use). Trained him to level 9, did the boring 'tell your Mom you'll probably never see her again' thing, and then got Poke Balls. I caught a Bidoof and a Starly. Guess what I'm using (*hint; it's Starly*). Trained my newest member to level 9, and then took on the Trainers on the route above Sandgem Town. Got FlameMonki to level 10, but Starling (that's my Starly) remains currently at level 9. We then saved in the Jubilife City Pokémon Centre.

Lucas' (that's me) Platinum Team:
    FlameMonki the Chimchar (Level 10) [Scratch / Leer / Ember / Taunt]
    Starling the Starly (Level 9) [Tackle / Growl / Quick Attack / Wing Attack]
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 6th July 2013 at 12:42 PM.

After my last post I went to Rome for a week and a half, and during that time I played some on all of my files, and eventually some more on my Diamond file. What I did on all files was the following:
    I ventured to Eterna City, teaming up with Cheryl in Eterna Forest. When I arrived in Eterna, I immediately went and challenged the gym there and got my second badge. The Pokémon that helped me beat the gym were Murkrow, Psyduck, Monferno, Milotic, Staravia, Prinplup, Gligar and Aipom, most of them gained some levels in the process. That fact that I got my second badge meant that my Pokémon obeyed me once more. And that made destroying Team Galactic in Eterna City quite an easy task. I then went down the Cycling Road, ventured through the Wayward Cave and escorted Mira out of there and I finally saved in front of the entrance to Mount Coronet.
    On my Diamond file I then continued and went through Mount Coronet to Hearthome City, beating all trainers along the way. I made a short stop in the Pokémon Contest hall and then prepared myself to leave Hearthome, but not before I was challenged by Barry. Beat him easily and I then quickly went to Veilstone City, skipping all trainers I could skip. I beat the gym there, using Grotle for the gym trainers and Murkrow for Maylene. I helped Dawn by recovering her Pokédex and then I ran to Pastoria City, again skipping all the trainers I could. Having defeated Crasher Wake with the combined efforts of my Pichu and Grotle, I obtained my fourth badge, which meant that all Pokémon up to lvl 50 will obey me without question, which makes training a whole lot easier, since I don't really have to worry about non-obeying Pokémon anymore. With that knowledge I flew back to Hearthome and from there I ventured to Veilstone and Pastoria once more, now beating all the trainers. Right now I'm just outside Pastoria and I'm about to challenge some fisherman with my newly evolved Pikachu.

Diamond
    Brave [36]
    Seed Bomb, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Leech Seed
    Timid [35]
    Mild [35]
    Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Grass Knot, Brick Break
    Naive [35]
    Faint Attack, Drill Peck, Heat Wave, Thunder Wave

Pearl
    Jolly [24]
    Timid [24]
    Modest [24]
    Jolly [24]

Platinum
    Modest [26]
    Jolly [26]
    Timid [26]
    Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Air Slash
    Adamant [26]
    Scratch, Brick Break, Fire Punch, Seed Bomb
    Last edited by Emeraldfan; 9th July 2013 at 7:42 AM.

I trained my team around Jubilife, and after beating all the trainers my team was nearly level 11. This one trainer:

"I'm going to beat you with the Magikarp my dad caught for me!"

Priceless. That poor boy... bet his dad was rich though, to have to pay for every loss his kid suffered.

Barry was easy. I only used Chimchar, and using Taunt so his Pokémon couldn't Growl me into submission I won. I knew Roark was a Rock type user, and so would need Monferno. Chimchar was level 12. I trained my team extensively, so by the time I got to Roark himself, in his gym, my team had evolved into a Monferno and a Staravia. Monferno then destroyed Roark. I sorted out Team Galactic, and arrived in Floraroma Town, where I caught a Shellos named Squishy. I went all the way back to Oreburgh and I'm trying to train Shellos to level 17 (the same as the rest of my team).

Lucas' Platinum Team:
    FlameMonki the Monferno, level 17 (Brave Nature) [Fury Swipes / Mach Punch / Ember / Taunt)
    Starling the Staravia, level 16 (Gentle Nature) [Tackle / Double Team / Wing Attack / Quick Attack]
    Squishy the Shellos, level 12 (Relaxed Nature) [Water Pulse / Mud Bomb / Harden / Mud Sport]

Kurry's Platinum Nuzlocke Adventure

Badges obtained: 2

Team:
    Creme the Buneary (F)
    Moon Pie the Staravia (F)
    Gunz the Machop (M)
    Salsa the Roselia (F)
    Unkh'ella the Crobat (F)

Dead:
    Oreo the Luxio (F)
    Died against Galactic Admin Mar's Purugly. Critical Faint Attack

Cobblepot the Prinplup (M)
    Died against Hiker Justin's Geodude. Critical Self-Destruct

On my Diamond file I finished clearing all the routes I'd previously skipped. I then flew to Pastoria City to pursue the Team Galactic grunt that was standing there. We ended up at Lake Valor, where I beat his Glameow. Then Cynthia made a request, which I granted, so I flew to Solaceon town, where I decided that now was as good a time as any to evolve my Pikachu and Murkrow, so I did just that.
    On my Pearl file I went through Hearthome City and Solaceon Town and, having skipped all the trainers, finally reached Veilstone City, where I challenged the gym. Staravia beat all the gym trainers, and Monferno swept Maylene at +6. I then helped Dawn recover her Pokédex, which got Monferno another 2 levels up.
    On my Platinum file finally, I went to Hearthome City, again skipping all the trainers, where I challenged the gym. I let Prinplup clear the first room, then Rotom the second room and Fantina, the gym leader. That fight was not challenging at all, Rotom only took 20 HP damage from a Critical Hit Shadow Sneak, and continued to destroy Fantina's Pokémon with Shadow Ball.
    Afterwards I traveled to Solaceon Town, beating my rival on the road. I decided not to stay in Solaceon, so I continued my journey to Veilstone City, where I challenged the Pokémon Gym. I mostly used Gligar, and Aipom once or twice. Maylene was defeated by a +2 Gligar, who scored all OHKO's.
    Beating one or two trainers on the road, I arrived at Pastoria City on both my Pearl and Platinum files. I then challenged the gym on both files, but before I was able to do so on Platinum I had to beat my rival. Made short work of him, though he surprisingly enough was higher leveled than me. I then entered the gym and beat all trainers with Milotic (Pearl) and Rotom (Platinum). Crasher Wake was defeated by Milotic (Pearl) and Rotom and Aipom (Platinum), who afterwards evolved into Ambipom! At this point I saved the game, but I'll probably continue at some point today.

Diamond
    Brave [37]
    Seed Bomb, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Leech Seed
    Timid [37]
    Mild [37]
    Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Grass Knot, Brick Break
    Naive [37]
    Faint Attack, Drill Peck, Heat Wave, Thunder Wave

Pearl
    Jolly [28]
    Timid [29]
    Modest [29]
    Jolly [29]

Platinum
    Modest [32]
    Jolly [32]
    Timid [37]
    Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Air Slash
    Adamant [32]
    Double Hit, Brick Break, Fire Punch, Seed Bomb
    Last edited by Emeraldfan; 10th July 2013 at 8:45 AM.

Page 202 of 217 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast