Page 215 of 217 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217 LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 5403

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

I was thinking about what to do next on my Platinum playthrough, and decided that I should do at least one Pokemon Contest. So, I flew over to Veilstone City and walked over to the department store. On the basement floor, I purchased several Poffins since I didn't really want to have to cook any of my own. But then, I realized that I didn't have that many Accessories in my fashion case, so I wouldn't be able to do that well in the dress up portion of the Contest.

I needed to obtain some more Accessories, so I returned to Hearthome City. After making some changes to my party at the Pokemon Center, I went over to the west entrance to Amity Square and started walking around with a Psyduck I had. I took over 2000 steps and Psyduck picked up several Accessories for me, as well as some berries. After that, I went over to the other Amity Square entrance and walked around with Monferno. Found several more Accessories before leaving.

I arrived at Route 202 and Lucas taught me how to catch Pokemon and I caught a Shinx, Starly and Kricketot, then I battled trainers. I arrived at Jubilife City and received a Poketch and visited the Trainer's School and I headed out to Route 203 next. I encountered my rival there and I battled him. I defeated his Starly with my new Shinx and then I beat his Chimchar with Starly and Turtwig. I headed to Jubilife City and healed my team and then I wandered north to Route 204 and caught a wild Bidoof. I returned to Route 203 afterwards and I battled several trainers and wild Pokemon as well. I arrived at Oreburgh Gate soon and I passed it and arrived in Oreburgh City. I healed my team at the local PC and saved.

After finishing with Amity Square, I headed on over to the Contest Hall. There, I fed all the Poffins I bought to my Garchomp and then entered it into a Beauty Contest (my Garchomp is very beautiful). Anyway, all the Accessories I found earlier made it very easy for me to decorate my Pokemon during the visual round of the competition. I easily won that portion and then performed the best in the dance portion as well since the other Pokemon were just terrible. Finally, Garchomp had to show off its moves in front of the judges and audience to earn points. It did very well in that portion, too, earning more hearts than anyone else. The other Pokemon really weren't that good at choosing the right moves to use...

When it was time for the results, Garchomp won by a landslide. It received a ribbon for winning and then I obtained a Blue Barrette. It was fun doing a Contest again, I can't even remember the last time I did one.

So I previously wandered into Oreburgh City and I healed my Pokemon at the Oreburgh City PC and then I walked over to the Oreburgh Mining Museum and I saw the exhibit there. I went back out afterwards and I purchased some Poke Balls and Potions at the local Poke Mart. I headed back out and after speaking to my rival in front of the Oreburgh City Gym, I walked south towards the Oreburgh Mine since that was where Gym Leader Roark was. I battled and caught a wild Zubat and Geodude upon arrival and I also battled against Workers. I soon arrived at the back of the coal mine and saw Roark and he showed me how to use Rock Smash. I headed back out and I trained my team some more at Route 207.

I was done with the Contest Hall after winning the Contest I entered, so today I left and flew back over to the Pokemon League Building. Once there, I went down the waterfall and headed back inside Victory Road. I walked around for a bit until entering a new part of the cave that was blocked when I came through the first time. This new part took me to a room that was very foggy, so I had my Staravia use Defog to clear everything up.

Then, I met this girl named Marley who decided to tag along with me. The two of us went through the room together and defeated several sets of trainers. Marley's Arcanine mainly used Helping Hand in battle instead of attacking, but (for the first time ever) I actually appreciated the HH boost since I think it helped my Starmie get some OHKOs it normally wouldn't have. Anyway, near the end of the room, Marley and I parted ways as she left. I stayed behind for a while, though, to finish exploring the room. Once I was done, I made my way outside to Route 224.

I sashayed back to Oreburgh City after grinding at Route 207 and then I healed my darlings at the local Pokemon Center and then I walked to the Oreburgh Gym again which I could now enter since Gym Leader Roark was back. I walked into the Oreburgh City Gym's stark interior and I started battling Gym trainers, mostly with my Turtwig and Shinx. After beating two Youngsters and their Rock Pokemon, I challenged Gym Leader Roark. I used Turtwig against his Geodude first and I beat it with Razor Leaf. I then used my new Machop against Roark's Onix and I defeated it with Karate Chop. Afterwards, Roark's Cranidos almost beat my Machop and I switched back to my Turtwig and I beat Cranidos with some Razor Leafs.

Today, I got around to exploring Route 224. This route has always been quite interesting to me because of how it has a variety of different environments. I started by walking down an elevated area into a grassy area, then headed along a beach by the ocean. There were quite a few trainers around, too, who provided some great training for my team. My Starmie and Drapion both reached level 70 by the time I was finished sweeping all the trainers, while Garchomp wasn't far behind at level 69. After defeating every trainer, I continued heading along the route until arriving in a rockier area. There, I came across a mysterious white rock. I checked out the rock for a bit, but then left as the route was a dead end after that.

Now, the only thing I really have left to do on this playthrough is defeat the Elite Four's rematch teams. So, I'll have to do some more training first.

So after I emasculated Roark, I obtained the Coal Badge and Stealth Rock TM from him and I walked out to Oreburgh City and I visited the nearby Pokemon Center and healed my injured party there. I walked to the nearby Poke Mart afterwards and I bought some more Poke Balls and an Escape Rope there. I walked back through the Oreburgh Gate afterwards and I arrived at Route 203 again and I battled several Pokemon. I arrived in Jubilife City again next and I walked north towards Route 204, but I stopped when I saw Team Galactic grunts who were bothering Professor Rowan and Lucas. I eventually slayed the duo of Team Galactic grunts with help from Lucas, then I got a Fashion Case from a Jubilife TV person.

Did some training today in preparation for the second round against the Elite Four. First, I returned to the Survival Area for some more training at the Battleground. There were four trainers for me to battle in there today, Mira and three Gym Leaders. I fought every one of them, which allowed Garchomp to reach level 70 like my other two Pokemon. After I was done there, I made my way back over to mainland Sinnoh and went to the Valor Lakefront. I battled several pairs of trainers at the restaurant and then rematched several people on the surrounding routes. My three main Pokemon all reached at least level 71, but I'm planning on training them a little bit more later.

So I walked out of Jubilife City after getting a Fashion Case and healing my injured team and I walked around Route 204 once more. I caught a wild Budew for my Dex in the tall grass there as I roamed around and I soon entered Ravaged Path. I used Rock Smash to break a rock apart and then I arrived at the northern area of Route 204 and I battled an Aroma Lady and thrashed her Grass-types with my Starly. I also battled Twin trainers and their annoying Pachirisu and then I arrived at Floaroma Town. After healing my team at the PC, I wandered over to Pick a Peck of Colors Flower Shop and received the Sprayduck item and a random Berry as well, then I picked Berries outside. I saved after getting the Pluck TM.

Hello, First post.
    I already started on my diamond game before i joined so here is my final set i want to use that i haven't finished
    Torterra Stealth rock, EQ, Wood Hammer, and bite/rock slide (can't figure out which one yet)
    Rapidash Megahorn,Flare Blitz, Poison Jab, and the last move is undecided atm
    Staraptor Brave Bird Fly U-turn and another move
    Gastrodon Ice Beam Surf two undecided moves
    Luxray- Spark Crunch Thunderbolt (for a special electric attack) and toxic
    Lucario- Dark Pulse Aura Sphere Shadow ball Psychic
    My current team:
    Grotle (Torterra)- Lvl 23-Male-mild-stealth rock Curse bite razor leaf
    Staravia (Staraptor) lvl 23 male Double team Endeavor Q attack and Wing attack
    Luxio (Luxray) Female lvl 22 Bashful Tackle Leer Spark Bite
    Shellos (Gastrodon) Male Naughty lvl 21 Mud bomb Hidden Power(don't know type) harden and water pulse
    Ponyta (Rapidash) Male Docile lvl 21 (just caught today) Growl Tail whip Ember and Stomp

So I continued to walk around Floaroma Town's colorful flower patches towards the northeast section of the small town. I arrived at the entrance of the Floaroma Meadow next, but access was being blocked by two ratchet Team Galactic grunts that were standing around. I walked over to Route 205 afterwards and I picked a few Berries and then I arrived at Valley Windworks after speaking to a girl. I explored the tall grass and caught a wild Buizel and Pachirisu. I went to deposit the Pachirisu at the Floaroma PC and then I walked back to Route 205 and trained my team some more there. I defeated the Team Galactic grunt in front of Valley Windworks and then I headed back to the meadow and beat the two grunts.

I got to veilstone city. Then I challenged the gym. I beat maylene with just grotle because of curse+super potions-stealth rocks-and razor leaf. Grotle is lvl 26 now, while Shellos is 23, Ponyta is 24, Staravia is 23 aswell as Luxio who is 23 aswell.

Upon defeating the two Team Galactic grunts at Floaroma Meadow, I got the Works Key that would open the Valley Windworks building. I also received a Honey from a man that I saved from Team Galactic and afterwards I visited Floaroma Town's Pokemon Center in to heal my Pokemon again. I walked back to Valley Windworks afterwards and I successfully accessed the building and I started to battle against a a few Team Galactic grunts that were there. I eventually reached Mars's place and after chatting, we battled. I defeated her Zubat with my Luxio and then I used Grotle against Mars's Purugly. After using a couple of Razor Leaf attacks, I won and Mars's plan was ruined. I left after speaking to a scientist.

I've been meaning to play through Platinum again for months but been too lazy to start it. Finally got around to it today.

I feel like Platinum has the most tedious opening of all the games. Anyway, I chose Piplup as my starter and also defeated Barry's Turtwig with 1hp left. I did more boring beginning stuff and and once Dawn had shown me how to catch Pokemon I caught a Bidoof and traded it to my HeartGold for an egg. After what felt like 10 minutes of running the egg hatched into an....Elekid! I feel like Electric types are a necessity in Platinum and didn't feel like using any of the others. After some time training the Elekid I arrived in Jubilife City and met Looker, got a Poketch, and visited the Trainer's School. I headed north and battled a few trainers before taking a break.

Lv9
    Lv7
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

So I did some additional training last night. I went back over to the Battle Zone and headed towards the Stark Mountain area again to find some trainers to rematch. I rematched every trainer in that area several times until Starmie and Garchomp were level 73. Needed a change of scenery after that, so I returned to the eastern half of mainland Sinnoh to train Drapion. After several more trainer battles, and after spending way too much time just trying to get into battles due to the VS Seeker hating me, Drapion also reached lv. 73.

Originally, I was planning on training everyone to lv. 75, but I just can't be bothered to do that. So, I'm stopping at 73 and will go re-challenge the Pokemon League next time.

So next I left the Valley Windworks building after Team Galactic's scheme was ruined by me and I healed my Pokemon again at Floaroma Town's PC. I then walked back to Route 205 and headed north past a bridge and I battled wild Pokemon in the tall grass for experience. I also started battling various trainers and I eventually arrived at a house and healed my darlings inside there. I sashayed outside and battled against a Battle Girl and her Machop with Staravia and I entered Eterna Forest. Once inside, I met a chick named Cheryl who wanted my help crossing the forest. We walked along and had Tag Battles. We also battled Pokemon like Cascoon and Wurmple and my team was healed by Cheryl as we walked.

Returned to the Pokemon League building to challenge the Elite Four's rematch teams. I went inside the first room and challenged Aaron again. My Starmie took out his Yanmega in one hit with an Ice Beam, but then unfortunately failed to OHKO Vespiquen. I then had to chip down its health a bit with Psychic on the next turn after it got healed, then finished it off with Thunderbolt.

Next, Aaron went over to his Drapion while I switched to Garchomp. An Earthquake took it out and then I was up against Heracross. But then, I got unlucky with a Fire Fang miss and Garchomp ended up fainting from Close Combat. I sent out my sacrificial Staravia after that so that I could use a turn to revive Garchomp. After Staravia got destroyed, I sent Garchomp out again and KOed Heracross with Dragon Claw. Aaron's Scizor then went down to Fire Fang.

In the next room, I had my rematch against Bertha. She started with her Whiscash while I had my Drapion in front. I set up a Swords Dance boost while Whiscash started a Sandstorm. Then, I tried to Crunch it to death, but Whiscash ridiculously hung on with a sliver of HP. Fortunately, I got the Defense fall, so I was able to OHKO Whiscash on the next turn after it was healed. The remaining Pokemon on Bertha's team were then easily taken down by my Starmie's Surf and Ice Beam.

Went into Flint's room next, where I saved for the moment since I needed to let my 3DS recharge.

So my new pal Cheryl and I continued walking through Eterna Forest while battling against trainer duos and wild Pokemon along the way. I caught a wild Buneary and Misdreavus, then we arrived at the exit and Cheryl left and I arrived at Route 205 again. I battled against Fisherman and wild Pokemon as well and I soon arrived at Eterna City after slathering a tree with Honey. I walked over to the local Pokemon Center to heal my team, then I purchased items at the Poke Mart. I then received the Explorer Kit from the Underground Man in the house by the Pokemon Center and I also obtained the Cut HM from Cynthia outside of the Galactic Eterna Building. Once she left, I went to train my team at Route 211 and saved.

Status Update:Pokemon
    Grotle has evolved into Torterra is now level 34, learned wood hammer and EQ, still has stealth rock and curse
    Shellos evolved into Gastrodon and has surf and is level 30
    Luxio evolved into Luxray and is now at level 30
    Staravia hasn't evolved into Staraptor but is level 31. It has aerial ace fly defog and Endeavor
    and last but not least Ponyta is level 30, and learned takedown.
    Status Update:Gyms
    I defeated Fantina and Crasher Wake, I'm currently training my pokemon for Byron in the 6th gym, going to iron Island to get a Riolu egg for my final team member.
    Last edited by TorterraOwns; 9th November 2014 at 6:09 PM.

I trained my team at Route 211 and I also caught a wild Meditite and Ponyta there. I backtracked to Eterna City 30 minutes later since I couldn't do much at Mt. Coronet's cavern and I healed my team at the Eterna City PC. I walked south afterwards and visited some more buildings before I entered the Eterna City Gym. I arrived at the main portion of the Gym which consisted of a large forest-esque maze and I had to beat all of the Gym trainers in order for Gym Leader Gardenia to appear. I beat two Gym trainers, but my Grotle suffered some damage, so I went to heal my party again at the local PC. I beat two more Gym trainers and their Grass-types and then found Gardenia and saved before battling against her there.

Made a few more tries at the Battle Factory this week, though I didn't play as much as I would have wanted. I lost in the following situations:

Battle #9, had a team of Dusknoir, Slaking and Claydol, lost against a Cradily that got lucky with hax and made correct guesses. Seems like it is my destiny to lose against Cradily at this point.
    Battle #29, I picked Mismagius, Cradily and Marowak from the opening 6. My opponent leads with a Ramparados which is Scarfed and uses Earthquake which hits Mismagius thanks to Mold Breaker. It is faster and I don't OHKO, so I switch to Cradily to absorb 2 Earthquakes and kill with Giga Drain. In comes Regice. It uses Ice Beam to kill Cradily. I send in Mismagius again and use Destiny Bond, Regice uses Ice Beam, both faints. I send in Marowak, my opponent sends out Gardevoir. It uses Psychic and gets a Critical Hit, Marowak faints. Did some damage calculations afterwards, I'm pretty sure Marowak would have survived if it hadn't been Critical. So hax is what got me here.

Apart from that, I also made a third streak, currently standing unfinsihed at 14 wins. Had wanted to do more tries this week, but it didn't happen. On the other hand, my results from this week are better than last week as I got past the second round twice, and even the fourth round in my second attempt. Will keep trying next week.

I finally battled Gym Leader Gardenia at the Eterna City Gym and she sent out her Cherubi against me first and I defeated it with my Ponyta's Ember attack. Afterwards, Gym Leader Gardenia sent out her Turtwig and I sent out my Luxio against it. Luxio simply wasn't doing enough damage though, so I switched out to my Staravia and beat Turtwig with Wing Attack. I battled against Gardenia's Roserade next and I was able to defeat it with a couple more of my Staravia's Wing Attacks. I won the Forest Badge and Grass Knot TM from Gardenia after that battle and I exited her Gym and healed my party next. I then headed north afterwards and I went to the Galactic Eterna Building and cut down the tree in front.

Continued with my rematch against the Elite Four today. I battled Flint again next, and sent out my Starmie against his Houndoom. Starmie's Surf was enough to take out Houndoom as well as Rapidash, then Psychic defeated Infernape as well. Starmie levelled up after defeating those three, so I then switched over to Garchomp to deal with the rest of Flint's team. Its STAB Earthquake easily took out Flareon and Magmortar.

Next, I put Drapion in the first slot of my party and rematched Lucian. I started setting up Swords Dance against Mr. Mime, and ended up going for the maximum number of boosts since Mr. Mime set up a Reflect. After maximizing my Attack stat, I was able to OHKO every Pokemon on Lucian's team. Even Bronzong went down easily, which was pretty nice.

Once I defeated all the Elite Four members again, I entered Cynthia's room.

So I walked into the Galactic Eterna Building and climbed some stairs and visited some floors and I battled against a few Team Galactic grunts on my way up, which was hard work, but at least my team was able to level up somewhat. After beating a Scientist trainer and his Kadabra with Grotle on the third floor of the building, I arrived at Commander Jupiter's location. After talking with Jupiter, we began to battle each other. I used my Luxio's Spark in order to beat Jupiter's Zubat and I used my Buizel and Ponyta to battle against Jupiter's Skuntank afterwards. I defeated it Skuntank after a while and saved Rad Rickshaw's Clefairy. I then obtained a Bicycle from him and after that I saved my game when I was outside.

Page 215 of 217 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217 LastLast