Page 223 of 226 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226 LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 5650

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

I got back into my Pearl version today for the first time in quite a while iirc. I would like to get the National Dex completed on this game some time, so I decided to work on it a bit today. After checking my Pokedex to see what Pokemon I was missing, I went into my PC boxes to find some Pokemon to evolve.

So, I got a few Pokemon and put them in my party with my Hippowdon and Togekiss. I then started fighting trainers for experience. I had a rematch with my rival at the Fight Area and then rematched some trainers on the neighbouring routes. After that, I returned to mainland Sinnoh for some more battles. In the end, I managed to evolve an Ivysaur, Caterpie, Ekans, and Zigzagoon.

My dex is at 311 owned. I'll continue trying to fill it up some time soon hopefully, whenever I have time.
    ~ * * ~

Hello everyone .I thought I'd better update on this, it's been awhile! My last update was when I got my first badge and beat Rorak. Now I have three badges . I also made a mistake in my original posting, the extra rule that I am imposing is that I can only heal at a Pokemon Cente when at least one of my pokemon has red HP or no usuable moves due to lack of PP. I can heal with items in my bag at anytime I choose(apart from revives and the like, obviously).
    After I beat Rorak, I made my way to Floraroma town and caught my next team member, a Pachirisu named Mittee.

So my team was now Bucky the Bibarel, Granite the Geodude, Allison the Zibat and Mittee the Pachirisu. I trained Mittee up to level 17 like the rest of my team, and together we beat the Galatic Grunts and Team Galatic Commander Mars, rescuing the little girls papa in the process, which allowed Dirfloon to come back to the windworks. I didn't catch it though, as I already had Mittee. We continued on upwards to the Eterna Forest. Our first encounter there was a wurmple, but I didn't catch it sadly as Allison got a crit and killed it with bite . The West Sea Shellos I encountered at Route 205 also sadly suffered the same fate. Cheryl was a big help with healing in the Enterna Forest, and the EXP gain was also lovely. Before long, we reached Eterna City, and got an explorer kit and the HM 01 Cut from Cynthia. A Draco Plate was also found behind the somewhat decrepit statue of Palkia. Our team was all level 20 or so, still two levels behind the gym leader, Gardenia, highest level pokemon. I always like my team to at least be at this level before I fight the gym leader, and this is no exception in this Nuzlocke. So I trained at Route 211 on the wild pokemon and trainers. Bucky critical killed a Ponyta, my first encounter in that route . Soon, we were ready to take on the gym and Allison evolved into a Golbat, and swept her team with ease.

The Forest Badge and TM86 Grass Knot were our rewards, and I wasted no time in teaching this TM to Mittee. Our journey continued through the Galatic Building, beating out Jupiter and her nasty Skuntank, through the cycling road and to Route 207, where Granite evolved into Graveler .

I also caught a Bronzor in the Wayward Cave north of Route 206, soley for the purpose of using the TM Flash so I could see well enough to rescue Mira and battle all the trainers in the cave. Hence, I named it Flash.

We traveled through Mt.Cornet next, where I met a female Machop as my first encounter. I named her Chopper.

She sadly died due to a miscalculation on my part when versing the wild pokemon in Route 208. However, my first encounter on this Route was a Meditite. He has a lonely nature and is proud of his power with the Pure Power ability .

Oh,I forget to mention before that when we beat Jupiter we rescued the Bicycle Shop owner's pokemon, and he gave us a bike for free as our reward. I named this Meditite Bubba, and we took a detour back to Oreburgh Gate to get TM31 Brick Break as this is accessible to us now that we have the bike. I also taught him TM39 Rock Tomb(which we found in the Ravaged Path, above Jublife City along with an Antidote). I then proceeded to train him to level 26 to match the rest of my team. Sadly, I accidently switched in Granite on a wild Psyduck during this, and she could not survive the Water Gun attack and died . R.I.P Granite the Graveler.

Moving on, we reached Hearthome City. We saved Kiera's Buneary from running off, met our mom who gave us a tuxedo, and met the Gym Leader Fantina. We also met our rival Dalton, and defeated his pokemon with ease(type matchups FTW). Next on our travels was Route 209 from Hearthome City to Solaceon Town. Our first encounter here was a female Gastly that I named Peroxide.
    I trained her up to level 25 against wild pokemon and the trainers on this Route and she evolved into Haunter.

Allison also evolved into Crobat on this Route .

We got TM47 Steel Wing and explored the Lost Tower, recieving a Cleanse Tag to ward of wild pokemon and HM04 Strength. Reaching Solaceon Town, we explored the Ruins and got a Seal Case, before fighting more trainers on our way to Veilstone City. TM34 Shock Wave was a great find on Route 215, which I taught to Mittee. In Veilstone, we recieved a coin case, and TM63 Embargo. While beating the trainers in Maylene's Gym, Peroxide sadly died due to me not paying enough attention, and she couldn't survive a full power Revenge after two Leers and a Foresight from an opposing Machoke. R.I.P Peroxide .

After this, Bubba Koed all of Maylene's pokemon, almost dying due to Lucario's Metal Claw. Thankfully, he pulled through and we won TM60 Drain Punch and the Cobble Badge. Our next stop was Route 21, where I caught my first encounter, a Sudowoddo I called Faker, and we beat all the trainers.

At Lake Valor our first encounter was a Girafarig, who I named Geraldine. We also helped the lady by finding and giving her suite key back to her. Our encounter on Route 213 was a Wingull, a male I named Gullwhackr. The footprint master read my Pokemon's footprints, and Allison and Bucky gained a footprint ribbon. I also taught Bucky Return and Stealth Rock, and beat the normal rank in every contest back in Hearthome with Allison(smart), Bubba(cool), Mittee(beauty), Bucky(cute) and Faker(tough). The egg I recieved in this town also hatched into a female Happiny I named Nurse Joy. I baked poffins for my regualr team members(based on their food preference, of course) and walked in Amity Square with Mittee and Nurse Joy. I then boxed her and Faker, flying back to Veilstone and making it to Pastoria. I walked around town, recieving a Shuca Berry which I gave to Mittee, and HM06 Defog in the Great Marsh. I battled a lone trainer on Route 212 before saving my game. Oh and our encounter on Route 215 was a Ponyta, a male I named Xanthos and boxed. Until next time!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card #1
    My Shiny Card #2
    ~I have claimed Raichu~
    Current Hunts: Chimchar(Platinum BQ), Rufflet(White BQ), Lapras(SS Shiny Team), Petalburg Woods(Sapphire BQ), Fennekin(X,SR) Buneary(MM ORAS)

So after meeting that maniac Cyrus in Mt. Coronet, I captured a wild Cleffa in the cave. I then sashayed out of Mt. Coronet's interior and arrived at Route 208. As I ran, I battled against a few trainers and then I walked over a bridge above a river and some waterfalls. I battled against another Hiker next and I finally arrived at some tall grass and slayed wild Pokemon there and caught some as well. I got an Odd Keystone from a man there too, then I beat some Aroma Lady chick and picked Berries outside of the Berry Master's house and then went inside. I bought some Mulch and then I received the Berry Searcher Poketch app as well from a little girl there. I then skipped to Hearthome City afterwards and saved.

So, our next stop was Pastoria Gym. I battled my way to the gym leader, Crasher Wake, with ease. Wake himself was fairly easy to beat, Mittee my Pachirisu did most of the work, with Bucky the Bibarel providing backup assistance with return. I thought Quagsire might present a problem, but thankfully Mittee floored it with Grass Knot. Next, we mopped the floor with our Rival Dalton, chased down the Galactic Grunt and met up with Cynthia again, who gifted us with the secret potion. This allowed us to access to upper Route 210, where we taught Allison the Crobat defog so we wouldn't have to deal with silly accuracy drops. We fought our way to Celestic Town, where some Galactic fool was trying to blow up the town. He was a weakling, and the battle was soon over. He ran off in cowardice, and an elderly woman appeared to talk about the ancient painting on the wall of the cave we were in. She then informed us that she is Cynthia's grandmother and we gave her the Old Charm, and she gifted us with HM03 Surf!. I taught this to Bucky right away, forgetting Water Gun. Then, we flew to Hearthome to take on the gym there, with Fantina as the leader. This gym was filled with ghost type pokemon, and we had to answer math questions(very simple ones if you ask me) to get to Fantina. The battle was a little difficult, but we lucked out with flinches from Allison's Bite attack, and confusion from the every annoying Confuse Ray was handled with Persim Berries and the few Full Heals I had. So that was five badges down! . Next, we journeyed to Canavale City.Being the nerd that I am, my favorite place here is the library. Oh and on the way here from Jubilife City, on Route 118, Bubba the Meditite evolved into Medicham! . We explored the city, taking on Dalton again and not having a bad time of it, as he really should evolve his pokemon haha. Then, we explored Iron Island, were we found our next team member, EarthWyrm the Onix! We also teamed up with a man named Riley who owned a Lucario to fight of Team Galactic and stop them from stealing all the pokemon on Iron Island. I trained for 10 mins with Earthwyrm and used 2 Rare Candies to get him up to level 37 like the rest of my team. We also used our new Surf move to explore Oreburgh Gate again to find a Fist Plate and fight a Veteran trainer with a Riolu, and made my way to Route 219, were I started surfing south, were I met some trainers and fought them on the sand. This is where I saved it yesterday. Today, I fought more trainers here(mostly swimmers haha) and entered Route 220, where my first encounter was a male Pelipper and I was able to catch it and name it Big Bill. Not part of my team, but he'll stay in the box incase Bucky or Allison dies and I need a Water of Flying type. Route 221 held Pal Park, but it was not yet open, more trainers and some berries. There was also an eldery man in a house who wanted to see a level 30 pokemon. So I grabbed Toaster, a Shinx I caught on an earlier Route and leveled him up two levels(in which he evolved into Luxio and Luxray) and showed it to this man. He gave me a Black Belt as a reward. Then, I trained everyone to level 40 on the rich trainers at Route 212, as extra money is always nice haha. I bought 20 Super Repels, 50 Full Heals and 8 Hyper Potions(so I now have 38 of those). Then, I battled my way through the steel trainers in Canavale Gym(and the one female Ace Trainer who has an Azumarill for some reason lol) and made it to Byron. The battle can be summarised in three words: Medicham.Drain.Punch. Grinning and clutching my newly obtained Mine Badge, we left the gym and saved our game. That's all for now guys
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card #1
    My Shiny Card #2
    ~I have claimed Raichu~
    Current Hunts: Chimchar(Platinum BQ), Rufflet(White BQ), Lapras(SS Shiny Team), Petalburg Woods(Sapphire BQ), Fennekin(X,SR) Buneary(MM ORAS)

So,today I was training my team on Victory Road in Pokemon Pearl for the upcoming Elite Four challenge.Weavile was leading the party,and in the room with the bike ramps,I encountered a shiny Onix!I threw a Quick Ball at it,but the rocky snake broke free.Then Weavile used Night Slash on the Onix twice,and I caught it in a Dusk Ball.Afterwards,I continued the grinding.

So I finally left Route 208 and passed through the gate building that led to Hearthome City. As soon as I showed up, I ran into some Buneary, then I ran to the Pokemon Center and I healed my roster and then I pranced around Hearthome City some more. I visited the Pokemon Fan Club next and spoke to the chairman guy there, and after snatching the Poffin Case key item from him, I visited Bebe's house. Afterwards, I visited another building along my tour de Hearthome and got a Shell Bell and then I went over to the Pokemon Super Contest Hall and saw Gym Leader Fantina out in front. She said that I needed more Gym badges before I could fight her, then I entered the Contest Hall and saw my mom inside there.

Finally beat Pearl this afternoon after not trying for like six years to do it. I swear by Revival Herbs now, I tried to get the National Dex so they'd let me into Stark Mountain but apparently I have to actually CATCH all the Sinnoh dex ones first...and I really don't feel like doing that.
    Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

So right after I spoke with my mother at the Pokemon Super Contest building, I ran outside and I visited a few more places of interest around Hearthome City like the Amity Square park, then I sashayed toward Route 209. I spotted my rival Claus by the gatehouse first though and we battled against each other next. I defeated his Starly and Buizel with my Luxio and Roselia, then I used my Ponyta's Ember against his Grotle. Finally, I used Prinplup's Bubblebeam attack against his Ponyta and I arrived in Route 209 after beating Claus and getting a Pokemon Egg. I got a Good Rod from a Fisherman next and I battled trainers. I ran further past the Hallowed Tower and after beating a Cowgirl, I saved near Lost Tower.

I decided it was high time I at least make a serious effort at a Nuzlocke, so I dusted off my old Platinum cartridge and booted it up. After deleting my old save file from I-don't-know-how-long ago, I began again. Chose to be the girl, of course, and called myself Lenore. To my rival I assigned the name Zach; there are a couple of Zachs in one of my classes and I don't like either of them, so it'll be spiritually satisfying. I went through the motions to get to Route 201, where Rowan gifted me with a Turtwig, which I am going to call Butch. We easily beat Zach and his Chimchar, and then I saved the game.

I'm only using standard Nuzlocke rules: if it faints it's dead, one capture per route, and nickname everyone. As for the record of my journey, I'm not much of a drawer, unfortunately, but I am a writer. Depending on how far I get in the challenge, I might post it on this site, since I've deviated quite a bit already between the events in my story and the beginning events in the game. So keep an eye out, I guess?

Good luck on your Nuzlocke Huntress Wizard . As for my Pearl Nuzlocke, we just got our seventh badge, the Icicle Badge! Since my last update, we had enough money to get TM29 Psychic from Veilstone's Game Corner and teach it to Bubba, our Medicham. We also found TM81 X-Scissor and taught it to Allison, our Crobat. We beat Team Galactic away from Lake Valour, beating Galactic Commander Cyrus, and rescueded Dawn and Professor Rowan from Galactic Grunts and Galatic Commander Mars. Making our way to Route 216 via Route 211 west of Celestic Town, we caught a male Sneasel, naming him Slate and depositing in the box for a later date if we need it, whilst versing the trainers here. On Route 217, we found a female Snover, naming her Evergreen and she is the sixth and final member of our team . We caught her at level 35. We also found a nugget hidden in the snow, and HM08 Rock Climb here, which is used to scale the rocky cliff faces dotted throughout Sinnoh. We also found a man in the house nearby who claimed he dropped the HM. He wouldn't take it back, just thanked us for our honesty and gave us an Icicle Plate that raises the power of Ice moves by 20%. There were quite a few trainers for us to fight here as well. Today, we got Evergreen to level 41 where she evolved into Abomasnow

Actually, Snover evolves at level 40, but I accidentally pressed B during the evolution and cancelled it xD. This worked out well though, as she learned Blizzard before she evolved . Then we used our two rare candies to get her to level 42 like the rest of our team. Our next stop was doing all the daily events(Jubilife battle which we did before Evergreen evolved and the lottery drawing, where we still got nothing, the daily berries in Floraroma Town and Pastoria City, the daily Veilstone Massage which we gave to our Bibarel Bucky, the berry from the Berry Master on Route 208 west of Hearthome City, versing the trainers in the battle cafe between Pastoria and Veilstone which I did with my Steelix holding the Amulet Coin to earn more money, when he levelled up I transferred the Amulet Coin to Evergreenand the daily pokemon from the man who runs the newspaper company in Solaceon. He wanted a Riolu, so we flew to Canavale City, hopped on the boat to Iron Island and grabbed the egg, hatching it in Route 210 above Solaceon. The Riolu was female, which is nice and I named her Lulu, showed her to the man, got Ultra Balls as our reward and boxed her. Then we took Mittee our Pachirisu and went for a serene and peaceful stroll in Amity Square, getting three accessories in the process.

Continuing on, we used Bucky's Surf to find a Luck Incense and TM03 Water Pulse in the Ravaged Path between Floraroma Town and Jubilife City. We then flew to Route 209 below Solaceon Town with Allison to use Surf again and get TM19 Giga Drain, which we taught to our newly evolved Evergreen. We also had enough money to buy TM52 Focus Blast and taught it to her . Now, we flew back to Snowpoint City talking to everyone, healing and stocking up on items, finding a hidden hyper potion in the snow patch to the north east of the pokemon center. To the northeast as well is an eldery man who will tell you a "trendy saying" each day(the word or words that he tells you are added to the list of things you can say when NPC's ask you questions). Our trendy saying for today, was COPYRIGHT which made me laugh as it's one of my classes at college(Use and Respect Copyright). He says something new everyday.

We then, we entered the gym. This gym has icy slippery floors, with small patches of snow where your character does not slide, along with trainers and big snowballs that you have to use the momentum from your sliding to crush. Even though this is an Ice Type Gym, three trainers in here have one each of a Tentacruel, Pelipper and Floatzel, so keep this in mind if your using Fire Types. The trainers weren't too hard, and this was the first time ever I crushed all the snow balls by myself without needing to look at a walkthrough. Candice the Gym Leader awaited us at the top.
    The battle was heart stopping: her Medicham got of TWO Bulk Up's, and if she had used Ice Punch and not Detect(which failed as she used it the previous turn) we would have lost at least half our team. But she did, and Allison used X-Scissor and finished of her Medicham and outspeed and one hit ko'ed her Sneasel to earn us the victory . Bubba had already OHKO'd her Snover(after I switched out from Mittee so she would get the EXP to get to level 43 like the rest of my team) and Abomasnow, out speeding both of them and laying the smackdown with Drain Punch. Taking a relived breath, I saved(twice, just to make sure haha) and made our way west to visit Lake Acuity, which is now open as the Galatic Grunts have fled after we obtained the Icicle Badge from Candice(oh and TM71 Avalanche. An Ice Type moves that doubles in power if used after the opponent, so more ideal for slower Pokemon). There, we saved the game. I'll be back to update after we get our eight(and final!) badge .
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 28th March 2015 at 1:10 PM.

My Shiny Card #1
    My Shiny Card #2
    ~I have claimed Raichu~

Thank you RaichuArcanine. Good luck with the rest of yours. Not that you need it, by the looks of it.

As soon as I started up my game I headed to Sandgem Town, where Professor Rowan gave me a Pokedex, a lecture, and the TM for Return. Then I headed back outside to let Lucas show me the Pokecenter and Pokemart before heading back home. Once I'd received the Running Shoes from my mother and the package from Zach's mother, I went back to Sandgem. I encountered a Bidoof along the way, but I'm not starting the "one capturable encounter only" rule until I actually get some Pokeballs. Which I did, when Lucas caught a Bidoof and gave me a few for free. I immediately set about catching a pokemon from every available area.

From Route 201 I got Jetstream the male Starly; from Lake Verity I got Faith the female Bidoof (which was dumb of me, I should've saved my encounter for when I could surf fml); and from Route 202, Static the male Shinx. I was so happy to get Shinx on my first encounter; it's probably one of my favorite Electric-types. At any rate, I ground my team on the wild pokemon for a little while to get their levels up before Jubilife. A bit of a scare with Jetstream when a wild Starly crit-hit him, knocking him down to 2 HP. Luckily he was faster and managed to pull through, but it was scary. Once my team levels were all 8-9, I headed up towards Jubilife, battling trainers along the way. I never realized that Bidoof takes so much exp to level up, so once Faith evolves she'll probably get relegated to HM slave/box status. After an encounter with a strange man in a trench coat calling himself Looker, I saved my game.

After thrashing all the trainers at Route 209, I entered the Lost Tower. Once inside, I started to climb up stairs towards the top floor and I encountered a wild Gastly as soon as I arrived on the second floor and I captured that. I battled against a few trainers too next as I walked up the Lost Tower while training my team as well. I also picked up a few items including the Return TM as I creeped around. I reached the top of the Lost Tower eventually after training some more and I received a Cleanse Tag and the Strength HM from two old hags there. I walked back down afterwards and I dashed north through Route 209 and arrived in Solaceon Town. I visited the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there.

I headed north, to Rt. 204, where I fought a few trainers and caught a male Budew, whom I nicknamed Enigma. In the first part of the Ravaged Path, I caught a female Zubat and named her Fae. After a quick trip to the Pokecenter to deposit Faith and Enigma, never to see the light of day again, and a metric ton of grinding for Fae, I easily beat my rival and the other trainers along Rt. 203. In Oreburgh, I ground on the little patch of grass on Rt. 207 (Ponytas give out great amounts of exp for their relative level) and evolved Static and Jetstream. Roark fell to Butch spamming Absorb, and I got the Coal Badge.

Heading back to Jubilife, having pulled Faith out of the box to learn Rock Smash, I ran into some strangely dressed people calling themselves Team Galactic. Fae and Jetstream kicked their butts and ran off. After a nice chat with Rowan, I headed up to Floaroma Town, where a little girl begged me to help her father. Around the Windworks, I caught a female Shellos and named her Jewel. Then I trained everyone up to level 18, beat up some more members of Team Galactic, and saved in front of Mars.

Story-wise, its going well, so I think this will be my last update here. Keep an eye out for a Platinum nuzlocke in the Fanfiction forum!

Next I dashed out of the Solaceon Town PC after taking care of my team and I walked around and visited a few homes around Solaceon Town and I gossiped with random NPCs and I visited the Day Care afterwards too. I left my Bronzor there to level up and afterwards I headed back outside. I sprinted east to the Solaceon Ruins and I got the Seal Case key item from a lady inside a home and then I arrived at the Solaceon Ruins itself and stepped inside the maze there. I walked around aimlessly for a bit and then I spotted a Ruin Maniac dude and defeated him and then I walked into small caverns and battled against wild Unown and caught one for my collection as well. After finding items, I headed back out to Solaceon.

About an hour or two ago, I restarted my file on Pokemon Pearl. Progress has been INCREDIBLY slow. (After playing W2 for so long, the battles were very slow in comparison ) I made it as far as Jublife City, with a crummy team of 2 pokemon.

Team:
    Egypt (Shinx, Lv. 6)
    Dodaitose (Turtwig, Lv. 7)
    "Am I the only person who liked Gen 5?"
    ~Tackoman657

My Current White 2 Team

Level 43
    Level 43
    Level 48
    Level 43
    Level 43
    Level 43

Today, I trained up a few more Pokemon on my Pearl for Pokedex purposes. I focused on this Mankey I started training last time, along with a Koffing and a Bellsprout. I started by rematching some trainers on Route 210. While training there, I got Koffing to evolve into Weezing pretty quickly as it only needed to grow one more level to evolve. Then, I flew over to Sunyshore City and went out to Route 222 to continue training. My Bellsprout evolved there and I then used a Leaf Stone on it to get Victreebel. Finally, I went to the Battle Zone island to finish training Mankey. I had to fight quite a few trainers around Stark Mountain and Route 225 before it evolved.

After evolving those Pokemon, I saved my game and stopped playing for the moment as I didn't have time to train anything else. Will play again some time this week, though.
    ~ * * ~

So I spent around 15 minutes riding my bike to hatch my Happiny egg, then I rode my bike north out of Solaceon Town and I entered Route 210. I ventured into the tall grass and I battled wild Pokemon and also caught a wild Kricketune and Mime Jr. for my collection. I battled a Rancher as well next as I creeped deeper into the thick tall grass and after beating another trainer, I battled a Belle & Pa duo. After that tough match, I obtained the Roost TM after speaking to a girl on the plateau south of a Honey tree. I visited the Cafe Cabin now as I ran farther north and I battled a Waitress and her Clefairy and then two Collector trainers as well. I then purchased a Moomoo Milk there and saved my game once again.

Today in my Pearl playthrough,after defeating all the trainers on Route 224,I decided to challenge Tower Tycoon Palmer.Weavile,Empoleon and Garchomp swept through the Battle Tower's trainers without much trouble.However,a Gentleman challenged me,and the Seaking he sent out looked somewhat odd.After hearing the pinging sound,I finally realized it was a shiny Seaking,and I was like "What the ... ?"Soon enough,however,Palmer appeared and challenged me.Empoleon swamped the battlefield to take out Rhyperior,Dragonite hit it twice with Dragon Rush but fell to Ice Beam,Milotic used Hypnosis but missed and was hit with Grass Knot.Eventually,it managed to put Empoleon to sleep,but Hydro Pump missed and the penguin finished it off with another Grass Knot.I received the Bronze Trophy and some commemorative Ribbons.After leaving the Battle Zone,I flew to Resort area and was made a Ribbon Syndicate member.Then,I had my Eevee groomed there and saved the game.

So I left the Cafe Cabin after beating trainers inside and once I was back out in Route 210, I saw this flock of pesky Psyduck that wouldn't let me access the route's other end. I simply backtracked south next and then I headed right to a new area. I arrived at Route 215 and I wandered through the area in the drizzle and battled a Ruin Maniac dude and defeated his Bronzor and Shieldon with my Prinplup and Ponyta and then as I walked over a bridge and into the grass, I encountered and captured a wild Kadabra for my Dex and found several items. As I trudged I battled Black Belts too, and after using Cut, I picked up the Shock Wave TM and some Berries. I beat a male and female Ace Trainer next and saved my game.

It's only been 5 months...that's not too bad right?

I beat Fantina way back when but never posted about and to be honest don't remember how I did it. Anyways I started off in Solaceon Town so I made my way to Veilstone and my Elekid evolved into Electabuzz along the way! I didn't waste any time exploring because I need to make up for lost time so I ran straight to the gym where Chatot and Meditite shined. Maylene wasn't much of a challenge thanks to Gabite's Earthquake. I ran south next and arrived at a resort of sorts (hehe) but was disappointed when the people in the restaurant only wanted to battle rather than eat. I ran along the beach and soon made it to Pastoria City.

Here's the thing about the Pastoria gym...none of my Pokemon are weak to water types. I still struggled like crazy against the trainers for some reason. Maybe the fact they all seemed to use fully evolved Pokemon yet no one on my team was fully evolved or something. Regardless, I had Electabuzz take out Gyarados and Meditite defeated Quagsire. I really didn't want to have Electabuzz beat Floatzel but that freaking thing was destroying my team leaving me no choice. I got my badge and almost apprehended a Galactic Goon before Cynthia interfered. She tasked with healing some Psyduck and then with being her personal delivery boy. I went, stopped a bomb threat and beat a guy with Smurf hair. I was off to Canalave City soon after and, thanks to an idea from Barry, training in Iron Island before taking a break.

Lv40
    Lv39
    Lv40
    Lv38
    Lv39
    Planned FR/LG Team

I am sad to report that whilst traversing Victory Road and fighting my Rival Dalton, Bucky, Bubba, Mittee, Evergreen, Allison and Earthwrym all died. Due to mostly my own error. I have pokemon in my box, but I am really disheartened now, and think I will restart this file and play through it normally at a later date. There's no doubt this was a mostly fun experience, but I don't think a nuzlocke challenge is for me. At least, not right now. In the meantime, I'll stick to normal playthroughs and Shiny Hunts.

Speaking of normal playthroughs, I recently started one on my Diamond. Diamond was my first pokemon game that I owned myself(I used to play Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 when I was a kid at my cousins house for years when I was younger) that I got for my 11th birthday. Said cousin also got me the DP Guidebook when I had my party four days later, which I still own and is in great condition. Being the nerd that I am I read the whole thing before continuing on my adventure(I used only WATERBLAST the Empoleon and I was around Veilstone City at this point). So, since this is a nostalgia playthrough, I will be using a team of the six pokemon I used most frequently during my earliest playthroughs, with the original nicknames I gave them: WATERBLAST the Empoleon, STAR the Staraptor(with a star symbol on the end), DARKVOLT the Luxray, DEATHROSE the Roserade, DASHER the Rapidash and MS HIPPO the female Hippodown. And yes, all nicknames in CAPS. I will also have my name, and my rivals in all caps. I am CLAUDIA, and my rival is BARRY, just like my original playthrough. Not only this, but I've had this idea that I'd love to 100% my Pokemon games(24 of them) as much as I can for quite a while now. So, I will be filling up the Pokedex as much as I can throughout the playthrough to assist with this. Right now, WATERBLAST is a Piplup, DARKVOLT a Shinx, STAR a Starly, and I just caught DEATHROSE, a Budew. I need to train her to level 13 like the rest of my team, then it's off to fight Rorak! I'll be updating this every badge, so stay tuned!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card #1
    My Shiny Card #2
    ~I have claimed Raichu~

At Route 215, I battled even more wild Pokemon for the extra experience and I picked Wiki and Mago Berries from a plot of soil. I then received the Payback TM from another Black Belt and then I left the rainy route and walked through the gatehouse nearby and walked into Veilstone City. I first visited the local Pokemon Center when I arrived and then I went to the Veilstone Department Store and shopped for a few minutes. I left after getting the Piplup Mask accessory and I visited some homes afterwards and got the Embargo TM and also the Coin Case key item from a clown. I couldn't enter the Galactic Warehouse or explore the Galactic Veilstone Building right now, so I simply walked towards the Veilstone Gym instead.

We beat Rorak! And StAR evolved into Staravia before then . The battle was piece of cake. DARKVOLT also evolved into Luxio today. My Pokedex is coming along quite well, right now I'm looking for a 2% Psyduck in Ravaged Path before moving forward on our way to Floraroma town. See you guys next badge!
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 2nd April 2015 at 7:53 AM.

My Shiny Card #1
    My Shiny Card #2
    ~I have claimed Raichu~

Spent some more time evolving Pokemon today. I found a Pidgey, Diglett, and Paras in my PC and decided to train them today since I knew I didn't have the data for their evolved forms recorded in my Pokedex. Didn't feel like training against regular trainers, so I flew over to the Pokemon League to fight the Elite Four. I used the PC there to add my Empoleon, Gallade, and Glaceon from my main team to my party and then started challenging the members of the Elite Four. I beat all of the E4 and Cynthia without any trouble and all three of the Pokemon I was training were fully evolved by the time I was done! Glad they all evolved since I didn't want to have to battle any more trainers today.
    ~ * * ~

After getting the training done and not having enough room for an egg I returned to Canalave City and set out for the gym. Gabite and Empoleon and took care of the gym trainers and Byron mostly but I did let Medicham take out Bastiodon. Barry barely let me celebrate before rushing me to the library where Rowan went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on before an explosion saved me from falling asleep. Barry, Dawn, and I set out to see what was going on at the three lakes and of course it involves Team Galactic. I did meet a new commander so that is something I suppose. After taking care of my lake I had to go take care of Dawn's and as Rowan mentioned, perhaps Barry's as well. So I was off to Snowpoint but once I set foot in the snowy mountains I decided to go ahead and finally add my final team member, a Snover! I flew to Sandgem Town and intend to take a little time going through the region with Snover to train it a bit.

Lv42
    Lv42
    Lv42
    Lv42
    Lv42
    Lv35
    Planned FR/LG Team

Page 223 of 226 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226 LastLast