Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 5450

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

I saw Cynthia when I left the Hearthome Gym, then I healed at the local Pokemon Center and wandered back outside after settling that. I flew to Floaroma Town next and used Surf at the stream by the Valley Windworks building and found the Thunderbolt TM. I visited Fuego Ironworks as well and battled trainers and found the Flamethrower TM, a Fire Stone, and some other items there. I walked outside next and caught a wild Luxio and Gastrodon in the tall grass and afterwards I had my Staraptor use Fly again and I returned to Jubilife City. I decided to make a last minute detour before heading to Canalave City though and I ran south towards Sandgem Town. I soon arrived at Route 219 and saved my game there.

Since I was done with everything I wanted to do in Hearthome City for now, I left for Route 209. In the gate, I met Burre again. He wanted a battle. Which I'm never going to say no to. He had gotten stronger, but so had I, and my team was strong enough to beat his without any troubles. He left afterwards, heading for Solaceon Town, saying he was going to get stronger. I went out Route 209, picked up all items and caught a Staravia in the grass. Got a Good Rod from a Fisherman and used it to catch a Goldeen. I also battled all trainer on the Route except the Joggers as they can only be battled in the morning. Since I don't play a lot during mornings, I'm not sure when I'll get to battle them, but it will hopefully be soon.

Arrived at Solaceon Town where I met Burre again, but he only told me that there were some things of interest in the ruins before running off again. I explored the town, found some items and recieved others. Went to the Day-Care and left one of my Pokemon there for a short time so I could get the Day-Care Poketch App from a person there. I don't think I'll use the Day-Care here much, probably not at all since it isn't a part of my plan. Went to the Ruins and explored them, battled the trainer here, picked up a lot of items and caught an Unown. One of the items I found was a HM containing Defog, which is quite cool. Afterwards, I went to the Lost Tower. Battled all trainers here, picked up all items and caught a Duskull. Met two old women at the top who gave me items for clearing away the fog for them. Left the tower and caught a Cherubi from the Honey Tree on Route 209 as I had slated it with Honey earlier. Didn't have a lot of time to play today as expected, I'm hoping to get more done tomorrow.

Team:
    - level 34
    - level 32
    - level 32
    Your heart goes on teaching all the things I taught to you

It's time I left this place behind and left their care with someone new

So I set off via I Surf along Route 219. I captured a wild Pelipper as I wandered around the sea and then I arrived at an isle and battled against a few Tubers in the sand there. I then used my Good Rod and hooked and caught a Finneon, then I Surfed further south through the waves and I arrived at Route 220. I moved around small isles and found a Splash Plate and other items, then I battled Swimmers as well. I Surfed east some more next and arrived at Route 221. I ran through the t all grass and battled Pokemon in the the forest. I also found the X-Scissor TM nearby and arrived outside of the Pal Park building after slaying several trainers, but I couldn't enter it yet. So I simply flew back to Jubilife City and saved.

Went north from Solaceon to the south part of Route 210. Battled all trainers here except the Jogger and picked up all items. A group of Psyduck was blocking the way further north so I couldn't go there yet. Went to the Café instead, battled the trainers here and bought a Moomoo Milk. Continued by going east to Route 215. Battled all trainers here except the Jogger, picked up all items as well as caught Marill and Lickitung. Left the Route and arrived at Veilstone City. Explored this rather large city. Recieved a Porygon from some random dude in a house. Found some items, bought others at the Department Store and obtained a Coin Case as well as some coins at the Game Corner. Will have to go back here later to buy coins as there are a bunch of TMs I want to get. Though the fact that I am unable to actually play on the game machines feels rather weird...

Noticed that Team Galactic had quite a bit of presence here, having a huge building and a warehouse guarded by two grunts. Didn't care about that for now though. Instead, I went to the Gym. Lucas was outside, and he told me some things. Then he left. I entered the Gym, Burre had already beaten it as expected. I battled the regular trainers, solved the puzzle, and then it was time for the leader, Maylene. I started with Kirlia against her Meditite and beat it, but fell against her Machoke. Brought out Togetic, but it was defeated too. Didn't really expect her to be this strong. Sent out Monferno who defeated Machoke easily, and then 2HKO'd her Lucario with Flame Wheel + Mach Punch. For beating her, I got the Cobble Badge as well as a TM containing Drain Punch. Left the Gym and outside, I met Lucas again. His Pokedex had been stolen by Team Galactic, so he asked me to team up against them to get it back. We did so, beat the grunts easily and he got his Pokedex back. Looker appeared afterwards and thanked us. He asked me to go with him to the warehouse, where we found a HM containing Fly. I taught it to Togetic and flew back to Jubilife City to recieve another Poketch App from the company president. Flew back to Veilstone afterwards. Tomorrow, I will continue by going south from here. My team is a little overleveled at the moment but I should be getting another team member soon so it should be solved eventually.

Team:
    - level 35
    - level 35
    - level 35

So I quickly visited the Poketch Company building in Jubilife City again and attained a few new Poketch apps and afterwards I ran to the gatehouse that led towards Route 218. Once there I arrived at a bridge and Surfed on the sea on Floatzel and I arrived close to some Fisherman. I slayed them and then I battled a Guitarist when I went around to the other side of the route. Afterwards, I walked through the gatehouse that led into Canalave City. I encountered Lucas's dad there though and he upgraded my Pokedex to show gender differences or something. Once in Canalave City, I visited the Canalave PC and healed my darlings and I visited the local Poke Mart as well. I saved near the Move Deleter's home.

Started today by going south to Route 214. Didn't do much here to start with though, I avoided battling as many trainers as I could (only had to battle one), picked up a few items as well as caught Rhyhorn and Houndour. Arrived at the Valor Lakefront, picked up an item and caught a Girafarig. The path to the Lake itself was blocked by two cameramen who wanted to try and film the legendary Pokemon that is said to live at the Lake. Interesting, but I had no business there now so I continued. Didn't do anything on the rest of the Lakefront, couldn't go east towards Sunyshore which I wasn't planning to do either, I continued down to Route 213 instead. Avoided trainers and items here as well, only had to battle 2 trainers here. Went to the grass where I caught a Wingull, and more importantly, the next member of my team, Shellos.

Entered Pastoria City but didn't do anything here yet, just healed at the Pokemon Center. Flew back to Veilstone and withdrew Shellos. I saved the trainers on the routes to use for training it. Started battling those on Route 214, it was hard in the beginning but got easier along the way. Shellos has Fire as its Hidden Power type, which helped quite a bit against the trainers here with Grass- and Bug-type Pokemon. I picked up all items I could find on the route and battled all the remaining trainers as well as a few wild Pokemon. This got Shellos to level 30, so it evolved into Gastrodon. I taught it Earthquake by TM after it had evolved. Continued down to the Lakefront again, met a woman who had lost her Suite Key. I found it and gave it to her, she thanked me by giving me a White Flute.

Explored the rest of the Lakefront, found and recieved some more items. Met the Game Director whom I had completely forgotten was located here. Still don't think I'll be completing my Pokedex here though. Entered the restaurant and beat all trainers there for more training. During that, Monferno grew to level 36, learned Close Combat and evolved into Infernape. Awesome. Continued down to Route 213 again, battled the rest of the trainers here and got Footprint Ribbons for Infernape and Togetic. Entered Pastoria again, exploring it for real this time, though I waited with the Great Marsh for now. Met Burre outside of the Gym, he wanted a battle. Which I'm not going to say no to... nevermind. I beat him, he was stronger but not strong enough for my team. It seemed like he really looked up to the Gym Leader here, Crasher Wake. Which isn't exactly a bad thing.

Explored the rest of the city, found and recieved some items. Went out to Route 212 shortly in order to find one item I just had to get. Found it quite quickly. A Dawn Stone. I used it to evolve Kirlia into Gallade. Finally. Went to the move relearner afterwards to teach it Psycho Cut and Night Slash. I have considered teaching it Swords Dance or Leaf Blade as well, but I'm not sure yet so I'm waiting with it. Either way, I haven't seen the move relearner for the last time. Went to the Great Marsh now, explored the first half of it first and caught 6 Pokemon I didn't have before: Wooper, Quagsire, Croagunk, Tropius, Tangela and Yanma. For that, I got a new Poketch App from a cowgirl in the entrance. Went to the Gym now, Burre had already beaten it as expected. I battled the regular trainers, then I had to leave as my team was for once not on the same level as the leader's strongest Pokemon.

Used the VS. Seeker to rebattle some trainers on Routes 213 & 214. Got the team to level 37 easily, then I went back to the Gym. Time to battle the man, the myth, the legend - Crasher Wake! Wasn't sure how to do against him, decided to lead with Gastrodon. Which was a bad idea is he started with his Gyarados, which cut Gastrodon's attack with Intimidate and made it flinch with Waterfall. This wasn't too good. Decided to switch to the Croagunk I brought with me as a filler since it had Dry Skin. He kept using Waterfall for some reason (one example of weird AI in the games?) and I let Croagunk use Swagger to confuse and bring it to +6, it did more than 50% when hitting itself so it would have been a 2HKO, but he used Bite to defeat Croagunk. I sent out Gallade to defeat it with Psycho Cut. He sent out Floatzel which defeated Gallade, brought out Gastrodon again which beat both Floatzel and Quagsire. For beating Crasher Wake, I got the Fen Badge as well as a TM for Brine. Left the Gym and met Burre outside again, Crasher Wake also appeared after me, and it turned out he wasn't Burre's new mentor after all. Burre told us something about a Galactic Grunt in front of the Great Marsh mentioning something about a bomb. This made the Crasher angry, so he rushed there. I should have done so too, but decided to take a break for the day here. As threatening as the bomb is, it can wait a little longer.

Team:
    - level 37
    - level 37
    - level 37
    - level 37
    Last edited by Kalosian; 18th January 2015 at 12:54 AM.

So next I ran across a bridge in Canalave City after buying items at the local Poke Mart and I saw my rival once again and we battled there. I used my Luxray's Thunder Fang to beat my rival's Staravia and then I slayed his Heracross with my Ponyta's Ember attacks. I then beat my rival's Roselia with Staraptor's Aerial Ace and his Buizel with Luxray's Thunderbolt. All that was left was my rival's Monferno which my Floatzel defeated with Surf. My Ponyta finally evolved and my rival ran off next, and after healing my team again, I passed by the Canalave Library and the Canalave Gym and I talked to Sailor Eldritch near the canal part of Canalave City. He took me to Iron Island via his boat and I saved when we arrived.

Woke up early today, so I decided to take advantage of that. Battled all the Joggers on Route 209, 210 and 215. Felt good to have that done. Speaking of it, I should go back and check so that I have actually battled all of them in my main files as well, not sure when there will be time for that. Anyway, after battling the Joggers, I went back to Pastoria and walked up to Crasher Wake in front of the Great Marsh. There was a big explosion! Turns out that bomb was quite threatening after all. The Galactic Grunt appeared and was about to leave the city. Crasher Wake decided to investigate the Great Marsh to see the impact of the bomb, Burre guarded the entrance to minimize risks, and I was told to chase after the Galactic Grunt.

Did so, and chased him for a while. Looker appeared along the way and decided to investigate the Lakeside Hotel at Valor Lakefront. I chased the Galactic Grunt almost all the way to the lake, then he got tired and decided to battle me. I won, and he left for the Lake, which I'm still unable to enter... Cynthia appeared and was about to say something, then Burre appeared as well and told me the status from Pastoria: the Great Marsh was unharmed. Which was delightful to hear. He left and Cynthia continued. She asked if I had seen the Psyduck on Route 210, which I obviously had, and she gave me a SecretPotion to cure them. Great. I haven't explored Route 212 yet but decided to wait with it for now. Instead, I went to Route 210 and used the Potion to cure the ducks, they left and were now no longer blocking the way. Cynthia appeared again and asked me to deliver an Old Charm to her grandmother in Celestic Town. I guess that's where I was going anyway.

Explored the rest of Route 210. Battled all trainers that I could battle, picked up all items I could pick up as well as harvested the berries I found here. Caught a Scyther and tried but failed to catch a Chansey. Arrived at Celestic Town. Explored it, quite a small town. But it had some things of interest. An old woman told me that a man in a space suit was threatening to destroy the ruins with a bomb, which I couldn't allow. It was yet another Galactic Grunt. I battled him and won, he left. The old woman thanked me, and it turned out that she was Cynthia's grandmother. I gave her the Old Charm and she asked me to enter the ruins. I did and examined the painting there. She followed and explained what she believed it was about.

Suddenly, we heard a voice behind us. It was Cyrus. He appeared and spoke a bit about his vision as well as introducing himself as the leader of Team Galactic. Then he threatened to destroy the painting in the ruins. If nobody stopped him. Which I had to do. Battled him and won, he turned out to be quite easy. He left, but I know I haven't seen the last of him. Cynthia's grandmother thanked me and gave me the HM for Surf, which is great. I went outside and met Cynthia yet again (does she have an obsession with me? Or is she a guardian of all young and new trainers? I'm not complaining either way, this is great, I just don't remember meeting her so many times this early in the game). She told me about the Canalave Library which has lots of literature regarding the Sinnoh myths and legends. I will go there eventually, but now that I have Surf, there are a million places I want to go to first. Or maybe not that many, but at least three.

Decided to wait with going west from here for now. Instead, I flew to Jubilife and recieved yet another Poketch App from the President of the company. Then I biked east to the Oreburgh Gate, explored the basement of it a little more but could still not explore all of it as I lacked another HM which I don't have yet. Anyway, I battled a Veteran here and found the TM containing Brick Break which I taught to Gallade as it still has a long way to go before it learns Close Combat, and I wanted it to have a STAB move as quickly as possible. Continued to the lower part of Mt. Coronet, surfed here and found two items, one of them being another Dawn Stone. Then I went to Valley Windworks. Surfed here and found some items as well as the path to Fuego Ironworks.

Didn't enter the works for now, but in the outside area, I caught Magmar, Floatzel, and more importantly, the next member of my team, Magnemite. Went down to the Floaroma Meadow, explored it and found several items. And lots of flowers. It's like a flower paradise. Flew back to Pastoria and trained Magnemite a little by battling trainers on Route 213 and wild Pokemon at the Valor Lakefront. It grew a level and evolved into Magneton. Went back to Pastoria and taught it Tri Attack from the Move relearner. Going to continue training it tomorrow, will also explore some areas I haven't explored before and some I can explore now that I have Surf.

Team:
    - level 39
    - level 39
    - level 39
    - level 39
    - level 31

So after I arrived at Iron Island, I ran past an empty house up some stairs and then I entered the cavern portion of the island. I battled against various Pokemon as I walked around the mine and I saw and battled a trainer nearby and then I found items. I walked down some steps afterwards and battled a Picknicker next. I then rode a lift down and went in another cave and battled Workers and got the Iron Tail TM. I headed out of that cave and ran to the left and I arrived at a bigger cavern and spotted a guy named Riley. We wandered around together and we battled trainers and Pokemon as well and I caught a Steelix. We then ran into two ratchet Team Galactic grunts at the end and we battled them.

Forgot to mention yesterday that I taught Shock Wave to Magneton since I wanted it to have a Special Electric-type move immediately, Shock Wave would do since I wasn't planning on using that TM for something else, it would take a short while before it learned Discharge, and I'm not sure if I'm going to teach it Thunderbolt. Anyway, I trained Magneton to the point where it was about to gain a level, then I went to Mt. Coronet and let it defeat a wild Pokemon inside, and it evolved into Magnezone. Flew to Pastoria and went out to Route 212 in order to explore it. Battled all trainers here except for the Policemen and picked up all items. Went to the Pokemon Mansion where I tried the Maid challenge but didn't meet the right amount of turns so I failed. Spoke to the owner, Mr. Backlot, but he had nothing of interest to say... maybe he will have in the future. I saw a picture of a Manaphy in a book in his room which was at least something.

Left the Mansion and flew back to Pastoria. Went out to Route 213 and explored the water part of it, battled all trainers here, picked up all items as well as caught Tentacool and Tentacruel. At this point, Magnezone was on the same level as the rest of the team, so training it was done. It had also learned Discharge, which will be its main Electric Move unless I decide to teach it Thunderbolt. But even if I was done with Magnezone, I had more places to explore. Flew to Sandgem Town and went south from here, to Routes 219/220/221. Battled all trainers on these routes, picked up all items, also caught Pelipper and Sudowoodo. Saw the Pal Park at the end of the Route, but it wasn't open yet. I am unsure if I will ever use it even when it has opened, we'll have to see about that...

With that done, I flew to Jubilife again and headed west, to Route 218. Explored this rather small route, battled all trainers and picked up all items. Then I arrived at Canalave City. Which is a city I really like in this game, the atmosphere and the music makes it awesome. Started exploring it and met Burre at the bridge. He challenged me to a battle. I beat him with ease, he was stronger than last time but I was too, and I could handle his team without major problems. He told me that he had already beaten the Gym here (I hadn't expected anything else) and that I should go to Iron Island to toughen up myself before going to the Gym. That's actually a quite good idea, I think I will do that.

Explored the rest of the city, found and recieved some items. Didn't go to the Gym yet as I am going to follow the advice of my childhood friend. Went to the Library instead and read about the myths and legends of Sinnoh, some were cool, others were interesting, yet others were somewhat disturbing. In a good way. Didn't want to go to Iron Island today, I am going to wait until tomorrow with that. Instead, I went back to Route 212 and battled the five Policemen here during the evening. Then I flew to Floaroma and surfed to Fuego Ironworks which I had planned to go to but forgotten about completely. Went inside and explored the place, battled all trainers and picked up all items while traveling along the warp panels. Among the items, I found a TM for Flamethrower which I am considering teaching to either Infernape or Togetic, not decided yet... In the middle of the Ironworks, I met the owner who gave me a Star Piece, which was one thing I don't remember from when I played through the game last time. I traded it and the Star Piece I already had to him afterwards, recieving some Shards. Left and flew back to Canalave afterwards. Tomorrow, I am going to start by going to Iron Island.

Team:
    - level 42
    - level 42
    - level 42
    - level 42
    - level 42

So me and Riley battled against that duo of ratchet Team Galactic grunts and I slayed the one with two Zubat and a Golbat using my Luxray and then Riley beat the other with his Lucario. After Team Galactic ran away, Riley gave me a Riolu egg as a gift and I went down another lift after picking up a few items and catching a wild Graveler for my Dex. I took another lift up afterwards at the end of Iron Island's cave and found a Shiny Stone. I then wandered towards Sailor Eldritch's boat afterwards and we sailed back to Canalave City next. I hatched my egg after about 20 minutes of running around and left Riolu at Solaceon's Day Care to level up and then I flew back to Canalave and I saved at the Canalave Gym.

Started by going to Iron Island. Outside of the entrance, I met a man named Riley. He told me that he was going to train in the caves in the Island, and gave me a HM for Strength. He entered, and I followed. Explored the first caves, battled the trainers here, picked up the items and caught a Graveler. Met Riley again in the next cave, he asked me to team up with him. Which I am never ever going to say no to. We teamed up and battled several trainers in the cave, I also picked up all items I could find and caught a Steelix, which wasn't the easiest to do. Riley had noticed that the wild Pokemon here were restless for some unknown reason. He wanted to find out why, and so did I. At the end of the cave, we met two Galactic Grunts. They were the ones who had made the Pokemon restless. We battled them and won, they left.

Riley wanted to thank me by giving me a Pokemon egg, but I had no room for it. So I left him there for now. Explored the very last part of the cave, found two things of interest. First of all, a nearly empty room which only contained a Metal Coat and a Nugget. I have a feeling there will be more here if I return later under different circumstances... Also found a Shiny Stone near the exit. Finally! Used it to evolve my Togetic into Togekiss, turning it into the powerhouse I wanted it to be from the start. Left Iron Island and flew to Pastoria, went to the move relearner again and taught Air Slash and Aura Sphere to Togekiss. I am going to teach it one more move, which will be through TM, but I haven't decided which one yet... Went back to Iron Island and received the egg from Riley. He left afterwards, but I know I'll see him again, somewhere.

Flew to Solaceon and withdrew a Magmar. Started biking around until the egg hatched into a Riolu. Deposited it and flew back to Canalave. Time to challenge the Gym. Entered and battled all the regular trainers here, then it was time for the Gym Leader, Byron. Since four out of five of my team members had an advantage against him, I wasn't sure how to do. Decided to lead with Infernape. It defeated his Magneton, but it went harder than expected as Flame Wheel didn't quite KO, and Thunderbolt did quite a lot in return. Continued with Close Combat against Steelix, but it survived and KO'd Infernape with Earthquake. I sent in Gallade to defeat both Steelix and Bastiodon with Brick Break. These Gym Battles haven't been as easy as I had hoped, and I guess that isn't going to change. Anyway, for winning, I got the Mine Badge and a TM for Flash Cannon. Taught it to Magnezone which I had planned since earlier.

Left the Gym and met Burre outside. He wanted me to follow him to the Library. I did so, and on the top floor, we met up with Professor Rowan and Lucas. The Professor told us about his research on Pokemon Evolution, and he believed that the Legendary Pokemon in the three lakes in Sinnoh had a connection to his research. He wanted us to go to one lake each, and just as he was about to tell me to go to Lake Valor, we heard a big explosion that shaked the whole world! What the heck just happened? We saw a report on the TV which told us that a big explosion had happened at Lake Valor. The Professor asked me to go there and check what was going on, and since I was going there anyway... I did.

Went there and didn't find a lake. Maybe something that had once been a lake. Now, it was only ground, with a little water here and there, as well as Magikarp helplessly splashing about. And Galactic grunts! They were the ones behind this. I battled several of them and saw a cave of some kind in the middle of what had been the lake. Entered and met a Galactic Commander named Saturn. He recognized me as the one who defeated Jupiter at Eterna City, even if we had never met before. I battled him and won. But he had already obtained the Legendary Pokemon he had been here for in first place, and he left. He, as well as the grunts, had been speaking about something similar going on at Lake Verity. I had to go there to see.

Flew to Twinleaf Town and walked up to Lake Verity. Here, I saw Professor Rowan and several Galactic Grunts. I battled all of them and met Lucas and Mars at the end. Lucas had lost, and I had to battle for his sake. I beat Mars, but she had also collected the Legendary Pokemon she had been assigned to get. She and the grunts left. The Professor thanked me and told me to go to Lake Acuity to see how Burre was doing there. Checking my map, I saw that the final lake was located far to the north, where I haven't been yet. Guess I was going there anyway. Flew to Celestic Town and went out to the east part of Route 211. Battled the trainers here and picked up all items. Tomorrow, I am going to go north.

Team:
    - level 45
    - level 44
    - level 45
    - level 45
    - level 45

Upon entering the Canalave Gym, I wandered around and took off on those iron panels that went up and down. I battled against various Gym trainers as well, and after slaying them, I healed my party. I returned to the Canalave City Gym next and after stepping on the panels again and moving around, I reached Gym Leader Byron's place and we battled there. I used my Rapidash against Byron's Bronzor first and defeated it with Flamethrower. Once Bronzor had fainted, I used my Torterra against Byron's Steelix. Earthquake was enough to beat it and Bryon used his Bastiodon next. I had my Torterra beat the Bastiodon with Earthquake and I finally obtained the Mine Badge and Flash Cannon TM from Gym Leader Byron.

Entered Mt. Coronet from Celestic Town. Now that I had the ability to move boulders, I could explore this place more. Moved around the boulders and found a few items. Continued north through the cave and arrived at another room which required Defog. Explored it, found a few more items, caught a Machoke and saw a rather large lake which is rumored to contain a rare Pokemon, but I didn't feel like looking for it. Continued and found another 'empty' room, similar to the one at Iron Island from yesterday. It only contained a Nevermeltice and a Nugget for now, but I have a feeling there will be more to it eventually.

Exited the mountain and arrived at Route 216. Decided to not explore this Route and the one beyond it yet, I traveled through them but avoided battling most trainers and didn't pick up all items. On Route 217, I met a man in a house who had lost a HM containing Rock Climb. Found it right outside of his house and wanted to give it back to him, but he wanted me to keep it. He also gave me an Icicle Plate. Continued to the Acuity Lakefront where I saw Burre at the top of a large hill. He told me that I needed to use Rock Climb to get up there, which I could only use outside of battle if I had the badge from the Snowpoint Gym. So that's where I have to go in order to get up there. Burre entered the lake, I hope he will be all right.

Caught a Snover here, then I continued to Snowpoint City. Explored it, there wasn't a lot of stuff here. But it had snow. And that is, in my eyes, enough to make anything automatically awesome. There was a temple at the north of the city, but I couldn't enter it because I wasn't worthy. Oh well, maybe the time will come when I am. Went to the Gym but didn't challenge any of the trainers or the Leader, but noticed that Burre had obviously beaten the Gym. Went back outside to the Lakefront for a short while and caught Swinub and Sneasel. Then I flew to Veilstone because I wanted to buy some TMs from the Game Corner, but I only had enough money for one of the ones I wanted, and I picked a TM for Ice Beam because I knew I needed more than one of that move, the other two I wanted weren't as necessary. Taught Flamethrower to Togekiss since I had decided that it would be its final move.

Waited a few hours, and then, as night had fallen, I went flew back to Snowpoint and went out to the Lakefront again. Now, I could finally catch the final member of my team, Snorunt. Caught one and evolved it into Froslass with the second Dawn Stone I had found. I taught it Ice Beam, Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt through TM, which will be its main moves. Went to various areas in Sinnoh and trained it by battling daily trainers in Pokemon Centers and other random trainers using the VS. Seeker. When it had reached level 38, I flew back to Snowpoint and went down to Route 217 & 216 again, this time exploring them for real. Battled all trainers and picked up all items, though there was a part of Route 216 I couldn't explore yet as it required Rock Climb. Either way, all of the battles gave some great training for Froslass, it is close to the same level as the rest of the team now. When I was done exploring, I went back to Snowpoint again, going to challenge the Gym tomorrow.

Team:
    - level 45
    - level 46
    - level 45
    - level 45
    - level 45
    - level 43

I rode a metal panel down to the ground floor at the Canalave City Gym and when I was finally back outside, I met my rival again and he told me that I had to visit the Canalave Library. Once there, I saw Professor Rowan and Lucas there and we heard Professor Rowan's ramblings about the Legendary Pixies. There was a huge tremor next and we all went back outside afterwards. We found out about the recent explosion at Lake Valor and Rowan and Lucas left to Lake Verity and my rival went to Lake Acuity. I had to visit Lake Valor on my own next, but first I flew over to Oreburgh City in order to explore the Oreburgh Gate cave fully now that I could use Strength. I battled a trainer and got the Focus Punch TM.

Went to the Gym. Beat all regular trainers here, then I headed out and back to the Pokemon Center to heal. Went back to the Gym and solved the puzzle, it didn't take very long, compared to the large amount of time I had to spend solving it for the first time in Pearl more than 7 years ago. Anyway, solving the puzzle opened the way to the Gym Leader, a sweet girl named Candice. Decided to lead with Infernape against her in order to not make the battle take too long. Started and could OHKO both her Sneasel and Piloswine, but only 2HKO her Froslass. Decided to switch to Magnezone as she was about to send in Abomasnow. Used Flash Cannon to defeat it. For winning, I got the Icicle Badge and a TM for Avalanche. Left the Gym and headed out to the Lakefront again.

Now that I could use Rock Climb, I could get up to the top of the hill here. Found a Reaper Cloth and the entrance to the Lake. Entered and saw Burre there, as well as Jupiter from Team Galactic. And somehow... she had defeated him. As well as obtained the legendary Pokemon from this lake. She left and I was left there alone with my childhood friend. But he seemed to have realised something from the loss, about the truth of being a strong trainer. He left in order to make himself better. I explored the lake, the cave was empty as expected. Found a TM for Blizzard in the area around the grass, otherwise nothing. Left the lake and continued down to Route 216. Used Rock Climb to get to the upper part of this place. Battled all the trainers here for some training as well as picked up all items, there were surprisingly many. One of them was another TM for Ice Beam, I taught it to Gastrodon.

Jupiter had mentioned something about the Galactic HQ in Veilstone, so I thought I might go there to check it out. I knew the team had a building and a warehouse in Veilstone, but I didn't know that it was their HQ, even if that had been hinted at when I was there last time. Pretty cool. Flew to Veilstone and met a Grunt outside of the building/HQ who mentioned that a Storage Key was needed to get access to it. He left, but Looker appeared and told me that he had the Storage Key. He told me to go to the warehouse and that he would follow. I went there and Looker appeared as he had said, he opened the door and continued into the deeper parts of the building. I followed and met several Galactic Grunts as well as found many items. Found yet another key, this time a Galactic Key.

With it, I could continue further in the main building of the HQ. Went there, battled more grunts and found more items, and saw a large group of Galactic Grunts gathered. Looker was there as well, I stood together with him a bit away from the grunts and together with them, we listened to a speech by Cyrus about his plans for a new world. It was inspirational for the grunts. When he was done, he left, and the grunts did to. Looker also left. I continued exploring the place, met more grunts and found more items. Then I eventually arrived at Cyrus' room. He told me that what he had said to all the grunts was a lie, that he intended for his new world to belong to himself alone and nobody else.

He seemed interested in my duty to free the legendary Pokemon and challenged me to a battle. I won and he gave me a Master Ball as well as the opportunity to free the three Pokemon. He left, but I know I haven't seen him for the last time. Continued through the place and ended up in a room where the three Pokemon were kept captive. Charon and Saturn were also there. Saturn challenged me to a battle, which I won. He then gave me the opportunity to free the three Pokemon. I did so, and they teleported away immediately after beeing set free. Saturn left, but Charon stayed, speaking about some reserve plans for Team Galactic if Cyrus should fail. I left the place. It seems that Cyrus had headed to the top of Mt. Coronet to do something in order to create his new world, I had gotten that impression from what I had heard frm various people in the team. I guess I should go there as well and try to do something. Decided to train my team a little more, then stopped for the day. Tomorrow, I'll go to Mt. Coronet and see what I can do.

Team:
    - level 47
    - level 47
    - level 47
    - level 47
    - level 47
    - level 47

So I quickly exited the Oreburgh Gate and after healing at Oreburgh City's PC, I headed north towards Wayward Cave. I used Strength to push several boulders in the hidden cave under Cycling Road and rode my Bicycle over bumps. I caught a Gible as I explored the area and I soon located the Earthquake TM. I left Wayward Cave next and I flew to Pastoria City and ran northeast to Lake Valor. I arrived at Valor Lakefront soon and once I was at the lake itself, I noticed that there were several Magikarp splashing around and that the area was in disarray. I ran around the bomb crater and battled against a few Team Galactic grunts that were there and I entered Valor Cavern and I saw Commander Saturn inside.

Before going to Mt. Coronet, I had to leave one member of my party behind. I decided to go with Togekiss since it is the easiest to level up and I won't need Fly anyway. With that done, I went to Mt. Coronet and used Rock Climb to get to the higher parts of it. Along the way to the top, I picked up several items, battled many Galactic Grunts as well as caught Bronzong, Medicham and Abomasnow. There were two parts of the mountain I couldn't get to yet, one which required me to go up a Waterfall and another which was blocked by a Galactic Grunt. I'll just have to go back here later and explore those two parts.

Arrived at the top of the mountain, Spear Pillar. The gateway to space... or maybe not. Had to battle two Galactic Grunts here at first. Continued and met both Mars and Jupiter. They also wanted to battle me in order to give Cyrus more time. I guess I had no choice... but then Burre appeared and teamed up with me, which was awesome. The battle was still quite tough because my team was extremely worn down from all the battles I had to go through on the way here. Had to use some Revives and Potions in order to win, though Burre's Staraptor helped quite a lot too. We won the battle, the commanders admitted defeat.

Burre healed my Pokemon after the battle. But had we been to late? Cyrus used his Red Chains to summon the legendary Pokemon Dialga and Palkia. But he couldn't keep both of them under control. Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit, the legends he had used to create the Red Chain, appeared as well, in order to stop him. And then... a black shadow appeared. It looked like a Pokemon. It changed form and did something, dragged Cyrus with it to... somewhere. The area around the place became distorted. Cynthia appeared, but she had been too late to stop what was going on. Where Cyrus and the shadow had been, there was now only a black hole. Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf flew into it, while Palkia and Dialga had been turned from Pokemon into some small and immobile things. According to Cynthia, there was yet another Legendary Pokemon, said to live in another world. It's name was Giratina, and it was it who caused the distortion.

We had to go after it. So we did. Entered the portal together with Cynthia and we were now in the Distortion World, where Giratina lived. We had to find Cyrus and Giratina. The latter flew by us as we had entered the place, but we had no chance of getting close to it within this place. We had to go look for it. Explored the place and decided to split up and search each on our own. I encountered Cyrus once along the way, he wanted to destroy this world as well as our regular world in order to create his own new world. And in order to do that, he had to defeat Giratina. I couldn't let him do that. He continued searching for it which I also did. Ended up meeting Cynthia and the three Legendary Pokemon again, had to solve a puzzle. Cynthia suspected that Giratina was testing us to see if we were worthy.

We continued and arrived at what we believe was the end of the Distortion World. There, we met Cyrus again. He wouldn't let us stand in the way of him meeting Giratina. I had to defeat him. So we battled, and I won. But he was much tougher this time compared to the two previous times we fought, he managed to defeat two of my Pokemon. After the battle, he left me and Cynthia alone. Now, I had to battle Giratina as well. Cynthia healed my party and told me that I had to either catch it or defeat it. Whichever I did, it was to show the bond between me and my Pokemon. I knew what I had to do. Walked up to the highest platform in the place, and Giratina appeared before me. I entered the battle and... defeated it. Had no other choice. But I know I'll meet it again later on, at another place.

After the battle, Cyrus was and angry. He still didn't want to give up his dream of creating a perfect world, he wanted to stay in the Distortion World. Neither me nor Cynthia could stop him, he walked away to a place beyond sight... Fortunately for us, Giratina had created a portal from where it had been, we used it to leave and go back to the normal world, leaving Cyrus behind. We arrived at a place called the Sendoff Spring, which was located near Route 214. No portal back to the Distortion World was to be seen anywhere. Cynthia told me to go to Professor Rowan and tell him that I was fine. Explored the Spring but there was not much to see here, tried to catch a Dusclops but failed. Left for now but I'll be back here at some point. Went up to Veilstone to withdraw Togekiss. Flew to Sandgem and spoke to Professor Rowan and Lucas, who both thanked me. Since I had 7 Badges, the Professor suggested I should go to Sunyshore City to get the last one, and then try to defeat the Pokemon League. I think that's a good idea, so I'll go to Sunyshore City tomorrow.

Team:
    - level 49
    - level 47
    - level 47
    - level 48
    - level 48
    - level 49

I confronted Saturn of Team Galactic and we battled each other after he spoke about Azelf. I defeated his Kadabra with Floatzel's Crunch and then his Bronzor with Rapidash's Flamethrower. Lastly, I defeated Toxicroak with my Torterra's Earthquake and I left Lake Valor in order to confront Commander Mars at Lake Verity. After flying to Twinleaf Town and healing my team at my home, I ran along Verity Lakefront towards Lake Verity. Once I was at the lake, I spotted Rowan and I battled several Team Galactic grunts as I made my way to where Lucas was. I challenged Mars to help Lucas out. I beat Golbat with Luxray's Thunder Fang, Bronzor with Rapidash's Ember and Mars's Purugly with Staraptor's Close Combat.

Went south from Veilstone to Route 214, continued down to the Lakefront and then to Route 222 which was now accessible. Explored this Route, picked up all items and berries, battled all trainers except the Policeman as well as caught an Electabuzz, which wasn't the easiest. After exploring the Route, I arrived at Sunyshore City. Upon entering, I met a man named Flint who was a member of the Elite Four. He told me that he was a good friend of the Gym Leader here, and that said Leader had been getting bored with battles lately due to weak challengers. He thought I looked like a tough trainer and that I should have a battle against the Leader. Which I had planned to do anyway. Flint left and I explored the city. This is another of my favorite cities in Sinnoh, I really like the atmosphere and music here.

Found several interesting things here, bought some Seals at the market, obtained three new Poketch Apps from a dude and more. Went to the Lighthouse where I met the Gym Leader, Volkner. He accepted my challenge and returned to the Gym. I looked into the Binoculars at the Lighthouse and saw a huge castle-like building at the top of a huge mountain with a Waterfall. Will I get here later on? Hopefully. Afterwards, I went to the Gym and met Flint outside. He had noted that Volkner had returned to the Gym and asked me once more to show the man what I was made of. He then left for the Elite Four and hoped to see me there. I entered the Gym and noticed, surprisingly, that Burre hadn't beaten this Gym yet. This is interesting, and it means that I will be able to beat it before him. I battled the regular trainers, then had to leave to train my team a bit as I was slightly underleveled for the first time.

Battled various trainers on Route 222 using the VS. Seeker. Also battled the Policeman here as night had now fallen. When my whole team was at level 50, I went back to the Gym. Solved the puzzle and walked up to Volkner. Since he is an Electric-type trainer, I decided to lead with Gastrodon. It worked well, it OHKO'd his Jolteon, Raichu and Electivire, but didn't quite take down his Luxray. He then used a Full Restore so it took three moves before it went down. I am often surprised at how bulky Luxray can be, and this is one of these moments. Either way, I had won. For that, I got my last Badge, the Beacon Badge. As well as a TM for Charge Beam. And more importantly, I made Volkner happy again. Now he had regained his passion for battling. I left the Gym and walked towards the north beach when Burre appeared. He didn't want to battle me because he knew I was stronger right now, but he was planning to become stronger as well. He left, and I spoke to the girl at the beach, whose name was Jasmine. She gave me a HM for Waterfall and wished me good luck. This is great as it means I can now explore all areas I couldn't explore previously. Tomorrow, I am going to start by doing some new exploring in areas I have already been to.

Team:
    - level 50
    - level 50
    - level 50
    - level 51
    - level 50
    - level 50

Commander Mars and Team Galactic grunts left Lake Verity after I beat them and I talked to Professor Rowan. I had to go to Snowpoint City next in order to challenge the Snowpoint Gym and meet my rival at Lake Acuity and check up on him. I flew back to Celestic Town and after healing my party at the local PC, I rode my bike to Route 211 again. I entered Mt. Coronet from the east and I used Strength to push a boulder that was blocking the way. I soon arrived at a larger cavern with thick fog. I caught a wild Clefairy after using my Staraptor's Defog and I walked along that portion of Mt. Coronet. I tried fishing for a Feebas in the nearby lake as well, but I eventually left and arrived at Route 216 at long last.

Started today by re-exploring several earlier areas in the game now that I have all HMs and can use them all outside of battle. I found a bunch of items and battled some trainers. Also recieved a Coin Flip App for the Poketch from one person in a house at Valor Lakefront. This will be very useful in the not-too far future. When I was done exploring, I flew back to Sunyshore. Went north and surfed from the beach, arriving at Route 223. Explored this route, battled all trainers, picked up all items and caught a Mantyke. Arrived at a Waterfall at the end and went to the top of it, where the entrance to Victory Road was located. Not going to enter yet as I want to train a bit more first, but I healed my team at the Pokemon Center outside. Afterwards, I trained my team a bit by rebattling trainers on Route 222 using the VS. Seeker. I want all members of the team to be at level 55 before I go through Victory Road. Today, I got all of them are at level 53. Going to continue with the training tomorrow, but I will probably not go through Victory Road tomorrow even if I should be done with the pre-training by then. I have considered trading over a Lucky Egg from one of my other 4th gen games in order to speed up the training a bit, but I'm not sure about it whether I should do it or not.

Team:
    - level 53
    - level 53
    - level 53
    - level 53
    - level 53
    - level 53

So I started running through a fierce snowstorm at Route 216 and I battled against several trainers nearby as I headed west. I walked through some tall grass after that and caught a wild Snover for my Pokedex there. After battling a Skier in the snow, I arrived at the Snowbound Lodge and I healed my party there. I headed back outside next and I walked north through tall grass and caught a wild Sneasel, then I arrived at Route 217 afterwards and I walked through a blizzard and thick snow and I encountered a few Ninja Boys and I slayed a couple of Skiers as well. I visited a cottage and got an Icicle Plate after obtaining the Rock Climb HM. I received the Spell Tag in another cottage and I found the Hail TM outside.

Continued training the team today. Battled the daily trainers in Pokemon Centers as well as several trainers on Routes 222 and 223 with the VS. Seeker. In the end, I got all members of the team to level 55 which was my goal for today. So that is now done. Tomorrow, I am going to go through Victory Road.

Team:
    - level 55
    - level 55
    - level 55
    - level 55
    - level 55
    - level 55

I spotted the Ice Rock at Route 217, then I walked west a bit and then north after that in search of the Acuity Lakefront area. I battled a few Snover and Sneasel after leaving the snowstorm and I soon arrived at Acuity Lakefront, but I kept on walking because I couldn't enter Lake Acuity right now. I walked through patches of snow and tall grass and I caught a wild Medicham in a Quick Ball there, then after picking up an Ultra Ball in the snow, I finally stepped into Snowpoint City. I visited the Snowpoint City Pokemon Center and healed my party there. I headed back outside next and I bought stuff at the Poke Mart. I visited a few homes next in the area and I saved my game inside of the Snowpoint City Gym afterwards.

Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218