Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208
Results 5,176 to 5,184 of 5184

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

Default Recently on Platinum.

Today I turned on my Platinum and I went to defeat Gardenia , Byron and Maylene at the Survival Area.
    Then I went to the Mr. Backlots Mansion to check what pokemon was there today. It was Mime. Jr and I started to chain it and at the chain of 35, it broke. I dont know why
    These days I am trying to Chain different pokemons for shineys. I have already found a shiny Pichu

Well, I already got three shinies, Uxie after SRs, Marill, and Rotom (believe it or not. :P). I went through all of Sinnoh again to complete my Sinnoh Dex, which I have, and I started traveling towards the next areas. I went up to Survival Area, catching many new Pokemon along the way to start my National Dex.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

I am currently trying to chain different pokemons as well as trying to complete the national dex. I have seen 340 pokemons. Recently what i did was try and catch the roaming legendaries in sinnoh. i havent in even caught one of them in platinum so all five are roaming here and there.
    They are Mesprit, Cresselia, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltress.
    My roserade paralysed them all and they are all now down to one HP. May be one HP, it could be two as i dont know exactly. ;P. All that is left to capture them.

I've been playing Platinum for the past few days, I like it better then Perl & Diamond. At the moment I'm just training my Pokemon. Thinking of taking on the Battle Tower.

Taking on the Battle Tower Double Battles with Infernape, Luxray, Staraptor & Seaking. So far only passed 6 battles, ready to get to the Tower Taycon before heading for a 100 win streak.
    *Credit to Omega Elegy*
    Credit to Inferno Productions

I recently restarted my Platinum version. I chose the female character and named her. I then followed my rival (Barry) and we were about to walk through the grass when Rowan and Lucas showed up and Rowan allowed me to have a Starter Pokemon. I chose Piplup as my Starter this time. I then had a rival battle with Barry and beat his Turtwig. I went back home and talked to my mother and took care of some things at Lake Verity and then went to Sandgem Town to meet with Professor Rowan again. I battled several wild Starly and Bidoof along the way and leveled up Piplup to level 8 before getting to Sandgem Town. I then got the PokeDex from Rowan and saved afterwards.

I've just this moment beaten Cynthia on my Diamond file to enter the Hall of Fame. I used a recreation of the same team that I defeated her with on my first ever Diamond file, but in challenging the Elite 4 I realised how frail this team was/is on a competitive level. My strategy relied a lot on luck and double Intimidates from Staraptor and Luxray to get past each trainer, and when facing Cynthia I ended up using more healing items than I really wanted to. Her Lucario was a real thorn in my side, and with no solid defensive wall to speak of in my party I had to resort to setting up Light Screen/Reflect with Mr. Mime and hoping for the best with my attacking options. In the end my Roserade landed the finishing blow on her final Pokemon, Garchomp, with Petal Dance (after many Hyper Potions!) to decide the battle. I had other Pokemon in mind to take on the Elite 4, but in the end I wanted to try and enter the Hall of Fame with my original Sinnoh team, no matter how challenging it would be.

Team:
    Infernape
    Staraptor
    Luxray
    Roserade
    Floatzel
    Mr. Mime

Went back to Platinum today. It hasn't been that long since I last played it, and I had originally thought it would take longer for me to return, but this is for the better, I suppose. What I need to do here is to get my last Gold Print, which is from the Battle Factory. I'm not sure how long it will take to get it, it might take 30 days or 30 months or any other amount of time. But I will give it a try. And I'm not going to give up. Went to the Battle Factory and started battling in Open Level. I won the first round but lost in the second. Had a team of Mamoswine, Nidoking and Ludicolo which was up against Infernape, Nidoqueen and Granbull. I lost because my opponent made a lot of correct guesses and there was a bit of hax as well since the opposing Granbull froze my Nidoking. Going to try again tomorrow.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

Very busy around here isn't it? Intriguing. Is no-one playing D/P/Pt anymore? Regardless I'm here to post some Pearl progress since I'm getting back into playing Pokemon runthroughs. I've already started a Poison monotype in LeafGreen, so if you'd like please do check it out. I also intend to start HeartGold and Emerald up again soon, especially the latter since I have a planned team. I started this Pearl runthrough at the weekend to play alongside a friend of mine who's playing Diamond. We've battled on Pokemon Battle Revolution as well, hence we did D/P instead of B/W. Anyway, let's begin!

I figured since my friend was playing a male character I'd play a female, despite being a male in real life (so's my friend). I named her Dawn and we began our journey. You interact with your mother so many times in D/P, much more than other games (heck, LeafGreen's mother doesn't interact with you bar giving you Running Shoes), although being told not to run in tall grass yet knowing I'll do it anyway as per the game code annoys me. That's beside the point though; I went to my rivals house and he ran around like a crazy person before we headed off to Lake Acuity I believe. Is it Lake Acuity, or is that the Snowpoint one? I don't know. Saw Rowan and Lucas, they were dumb and left the briefcase, me and rival collect it and get attacked by Starly. I choose Piplup, not actually realizing that it's the same starter the anime Dawn picked. I beat the Starly and found out Barry (my rival) picked Turtwig. My friend by the way also picked Turtwig. Back to my game - we headed back to Route 201 and encountered Rowan again, who saw us with his Pokemon and let us keep them it seems. I was told to decided to run to Sandgem Town and thank him for letting me keep his Piplup, but not before training to Level 7. I got there and was allowed to nickname her (it was a girl I believe) so I named her Neptune. Me and Neptune headed back to Twinleaf Town, got the parcel from Barry's mother and went back again to Route 202. I got deja vu from it all considering I haven't done that in Pearl since I started the game back in 2007/08.

Lucas (Not Dawn, a unique sensation) taught me how to catch a Pokemon, and I did so with gusto, picking up a Shinx, Starly and Bidoof all along Route 202. Starly was named Ares (the god of war) and Shinx was named Jupiter (reference to the Roman god Jupiter, also known by the Greeks as Zeus). Piplup's name Neptune = Greek god Poseidon (I read Percy Jackson). Not a running thing. I trained my team to Level 7 and beat the trainers along Route 202 soon after, collecting items and stuff. In Jubilife I skipped some of the trainers for my fourth team member - Rosethorn the Budew! I trained Rosethorn against some Magikarp and the trainers around Jubilife until she was the same level as the rest of my team, before heading to the Trainer's School. I got the TM Hidden Power from the kids after battling them, which I taught to Rosethorn so she didn't have to always run STAB. I still don't know what type it is - Bronzor resists it but Pontya, Turtwig and Starly don't. Weird. Not hit anything super effectively, so it could be Dragon actually. Huh, never realized until I typed it down. I met Barry, and he headed off. I got a Poketch and stuff before challenging my rival to a battle!

I used Neptune against Starly and won with Bubble before Rosethorn beat Turtwig with Growth boosted Hidden Powers. I went along battling trainers and stuff before reaching Oreburgh and training everyone but Shinx to Level 14. So Ares evolved! Neptune then beat Roark's team bar Cranidos who critted me twice (I should've outsped it since Bubble lowered its Speed by -1) so Rosethorn had to step in. I continued along, training my team all the way to Floraroma. By that point Jupiter and Neptune had both evolved into Luxio and Prinplup respectively. I taught Neptune Pluck for Grass types and then crushed Team Galactic with Ares, proving he was the god of war and beating people up. I went through Eterna Forest, along with Cheryl healing my team whilst they obliterated the trainers. Eventually I reached Eterna City, and challenged Gardenia. Basically Rosethorn set up to +6 on Cherubi and beat everything with +6 Hidden Power. Pretty easy.

I challenged the Galactic building after meeting Cynthia and eventually challenged Jupiter with... Jupiter the Luxio. Spark spam took out Zubat and then Skuntank also fell before the... electric-blue/black-dog-thing. Whatever, I did the Cycling Road and the trainers above Oreburgh, but I forgot to go along Wayward Cave and that area (I hate Wayward Cave though, I never find the girl with the Kadabra). Luckily I haven't gone through Mt. Coronet yet, so I can go do that.

With regards to my team, it looks solid. I like Luxio and Staravia's power especialy considering Neptune lacks a decent STAB until Bubblebeam and Rosethorn is... unevolved. Not sure what the rest of my team will be; Garchomp, Weavile, Mismagius, Drapion, Toxicroak and Hippowdon are all viable options, and non-Sinnoh Pokemon are Medicham, Heracross and Rapidash basically.

The Team:

Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208