Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206
Results 5,126 to 5,143 of 5143

Thread: The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

The Platinum Challenge!!!

Sinnoh Diary

I have decided to travel through the Sinnoh Region, in Platinum style. I choose this game, because I dont remember the only time I made it, because I was 10 years old then, so 5 years ago. I wanted to know what was actually in the game. So I am going to travel it again.

One more comment: I have named my Pokemon with Dutch names, so no, I didnt misspell them

+ Decided to pick Piplup, won't be using it though.
    + Travelled towards Jublife City, were I met Looker and beat my Rival
    + Travelled to Oreburgh City
    + Piplup tried to evolve, but didnt allow it as I want it to stay as a Piplup
    Beat ROARK: Bubble spam, until it learnt BubbleBeam during battle, so from then on spammed Bubblebeam. Coal Badge Get!
    + Travelled to Floarama Town, were I could finally catch my first Pokemon that I will be using
    + Caught a Mild Male Burmy in the first tree I slathered with Honey, named it Freek
    +Trained a bit, and defeated Mars with help of Piplup
    + Burmy EVOLVED into Mothim
    + Beat GARDENIA: Using Freek is almost to easy. Spamming HP Fly, Gust and Bug Bite. Forest Badge Get!
    + Caught a Modest Male Gastly, named it Henk
    + Henk EVOLVED into Haunter
    + Henk EVOLVED into Gastly after traading forth and back with the DS of my sister
    + Traveled to route 208

Now I am looking for a Adamant Male Ralts so that I can get a Gallade.

My Team:

Freek - Mothim Lv30
    Mild Male
    Confusion
    Gust
    Bug Bite
    Hidden Power Fly

Henk - Gengar Lv27
    Modest Male
    Shadow Punch
    Night Shade
    Confuse Ray
    Sucker Punch

Sorry for using your style Shiny Espeon, but I loved reading it, because it was so ordened
    Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 30th October 2013 at 3:32 PM.
    Proud Owner Of The Unofficial Swalot Club.
    Current Members: 3 ((Sent me a VM if you want to join))
    Currently Looking For: Banners, Members, Someone who thinks he can manage to put up a threat

made by ~Thunderwest and meganinja123456 respectively
    I have claimed Swalot! Ask the Shiny Swalot It needs questions! I have claimed Swalot!
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 035 ((Banned Episode)) : The Legend of Dratini

I am going to attempt to do a catch and train em all challenge, which means I'm going to catch pretty much every pokemon and train every pokemon as well. So far I'm past Jubilife city and have piplup, bidoof, starly, Sphinx, kricktot, magikarp, zubat, and psyduck.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I've recently decided to restart my diamond game and have just found out I can trade my starters over to heart gold. So I'm going to trade them back to get all three. Then after that bring over the starters of heart gold as well, along with any pokemon I may like to train(post national dex).
    Last edited by Icon4Hire; 5th December 2013 at 2:02 AM.

I played Diamond version last night. I rarely play it these days since I've completed pretty much everything on the game, but I went to the Underground and I picked up some buried Spheres and planted some others. I purchased some items from some Hikers down there as well, then I searched for treasures. I found some Fire Stones and Thunder Stones and I almost uncovered a Water Stone, but the wall collapsed before I could get it. I visited my secret base and redecorated with some new stuff like a Weavile doll that I swapped Spheres for, then I went back to the surface and I competed in a Pokemon Contest in Hearthome City.

I finally got my battling Mars team to lv 16 and beat Mars. Now I'm on my way to the Eterna forest. Current extended team:
    prinplup lv 16
    luxio lv 16
    staravia lv 16
    dustox lv 16
    zubat lv 16
    ponyta lv 16
    psyduck lv 14
    magikarp lv 11
    kricketune lv 13
    bidoof lv 13

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I think I may do what you're doing Nibbles4Ever. I've always tried getting through the game as fast as I can, but since you inspired me I'll slow my roll this time around and take things nice and easy. I've just reset diamond so lets see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Icon4Hire View Post
    I think I may do what you're doing Nibbles4Ever. I've always tried getting through the game as fast as I can, but since you inspired me I'll slow my roll this time around and take things nice and easy. I've just reset diamond so lets see how things go.
    Yeah it would probably go slightly faster if you did it on platinum since the animations are faster. Anyways I made it to Eterna city and am almost done battling the trainers in the gym. I also caught a gastly. After that I going to get everyone to lv 18 and my 2nd gym team to lv 20.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Over the weekend, I played my Japanese Platinum after having not played it for a few months. I filled in the last few missing pages in my Sinnoh dex and obtained the National Pokedex. I sailed to the Battle Zone island and got off at the Fight Area. There, my rival and I battled Volkner and Flint in a double battle. The battle was kinda long, mostly because of the fact that my rival's team was weak. After that, I went to go catch many of the legendaries. I managed to catch all the roamers and Dialga and Palkia too. Next, I will go after Heatran.

I am getting everyone I'm training to lv 32 and my 5th gym team to lv 34 before battling Wake.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Just chained my first shiny, named it Citrus.

Friend Codes -

Pokemon X - 0834-2428-7190 - Name: Sage
    Safari - Panpour, Frogadier & Wartortle.

Pokemon Pearl ~ 2323 0057 2065 - Name: Three

Shinies [All caught myself] - [Will not clone them, don't ask] -
        Spoiler:- :

It's been a while since I posted here.

I restarted my Pt, and gonna try to finish it in time for my Bank before it expires. I picked Piplup as my starter, called myself Paul and my rival Bane. I beat Bane pretty easily. I did all the boring stuff at the beginning, and got to Jubilife City, where I explored enough to receive a Poketch. Since I'm not gonna get my 2nd team member for a while, I decided to just do the stuff up to the next capture quickly, and so I beat Bane again in route whatever number it is, beat a few trainers, stopped and saved.

Team
    I wonder who will still be active in the forums 3 years from now, from the people that are active now.

It's been 2 days so I'm just gonna double post.

After beating those few trainers, I got to Oreburgh. I tried going in the gym, but Bane was blocking the entrance and said Roark was out. I went in the mine, met him and got him back in the gym. I went in the gym, and beat it easily with Piplup. He evolved into a cooler penguin Prinplup. I went back to Jubilife, and found some weird Galactic grunts trying to bully Prof Rowan. Me and Dawn beat them together, and so I continued towards Floaroma. There, I met some more Galactic grunts. I beat them all to save this girl's dad. I got to the leader, Mars. Prinplup had some difficulties, but managed to beat Purugly. I stopped and saved afterwards.

Team
    Level 20
    I wonder who will still be active in the forums 3 years from now, from the people that are active now.

Triple post

After clearing Team Galactic from Floaroma Town, I headed up to the Eterna Forest. I teamed up with this girl named Cheryl, who was a great help since she healed me after every battle. We separated once we both got to Eterna. I skipped the fishermen trainers, and went straight to the city. Bane showed me a cool statue, and I met the champion Cynthia who gave me HM Cut. I taught it to a random Budew, and then went to the gym. Took me ages to beat Gardenia because Prinplup is horrible in that gym. After teaching Pluck and buying around 15 Super Potions I managed to win (Prinplup was around level 28...). Anyways, afterwards I saved the bike dude from Team Galactic, and Cynthia game an Egg. An egg which hatched into a Togepi, my second team member! Saved before I continued to the Bike Path.

Team:
    Level 30
    Level 1

Got some training to do...
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 18th February 2014 at 8:35 PM.

Went back to playing Platinum today. It has been a while since I last played it seriously, and I have decided to go back to it now and try to finish what I have left to do here. I have a Battle Frontier to complete, it's the kind of thing I wish I had done earlier but sadly, I never completed it. I am feeling a lot more confident about it now than in the past though since I can now practically get any Pokemon I could ever need, and I think I might need to do just that in the near future. What I have left to do in the Frontier is to get all the Gold/Colored Medals/Prints (what is their official name?). I already have all five Silver ones since a couple of years ago. I also need to beat 100 trainers in a row at the Battle Tower, but I have a feeling that might less troublesome since I have done it before in D/P.

I started today by challenging the Battle Tower Single Line. I had already won the first 21 battles in a row so I continued from there. I entered with a team of Suicune, Weavile and Latias which I remember worked well for me in the past, I actually managed to get past the first 49 battles with this team in SoulSilver a couple of years ago when I wasn't even trying. So I'm hoping the team can do it again here in Platinum. I started battling and won three rounds, but I lost in battle #43 against a Quick Claw Bronzong that haxed me to death. Quick Claw activating three or four times as well as one or two Critical Hits was enough to bring down Suicune and Latias, and while I could defeat it with Weavile afterwards, it was then left with just 1 HP and had no chance against the rest of the opponents Pokemon. I will try again tomorrow.

This feeling is taking me over, this feeling that I can't deny
    Because through all the pain and the crippling loss, it's so good to know I'm alive

I won't give in to the sorrow, I will not rest till I've won
    I'll make a brighter tomorrow and I'll leave you the world when I'm done
    Pokécheck

I picked up my Pokemon Pearl Version again. I did start a new game, and only beat two gyms, so I just started to continue. I think I wanted to see on how close I could get to completing the Pokedex on that game! ^.^'
    So, I did play it a lot on the last two days. I gave all my Pokemon new nicknames and I'm currently making my way to Veilstone City. I got to challenge the third gym leader! MY team is around the twenties in level, so I have to raise them a little bit. Training is quite slow in this game ^.^'
    My team, so far is:
    ~Buizel (M)
    ~Mothin (M)
    ~Chingling (M)
    ~Buneary (F)
    ~Staravia (M)
    ~Luxio (M)

And so, I will update once I beat the third gym. Not sure if anyone still comes around to this thread, lol xD
    Symphony of the Sky! Protector of Ransei!
        Spoiler:- Credit and a Quote!:

After losing in the Battle Tower, I decided to try again. I started from the beginning and this time, I got all the way up to Palmer in Battle #49, but not without trouble along the way. I battled Palmer and my Suicune took down his Heatran and Regigigas but fell to his Cresselia, which my Weavile then defeated easily. Battle Video 90-96665-15796 if anyone wants to see the battle in full detail (I guess not), can also be compared to my previous battle against him on SoulSilver (video: 25-92783-68460) which went completely different as it took a longer time to complete, though I won then as well. After beating Palmer, he spoke his wonderful words as always, it has been a very long time since I last heard them. Then I got my Gold Print for the Tower, the first I have obtained but it will not be the last. I also learned the real name of these things this way. From here, I decided to leave my streak unfinished and take a break from the Tower but I will return to it in the future as there is one more thing for me to complete there.

As I was now done with one of the two things I had planned to do in the Tower, I could move on to the next facility. I had since earlier decided that the Battle Castle would be my next target. I tried it and I have kept trying many times, but I have yet to make it to Battle #49 there. I first tried with a somewhat bad team, then I decided to try with the same team I used for the Tower instead which went much better but it still hasn't gone perfectly. I have lost twice in Battle #43, partly due to playing badly but also to hax, I have a feeling I can make it all the way if I just do everything correctly. In my latest attempt, I lost embarrassingly early in Battle #17 against a team I shouldn't have had any trouble beating, my opponent just got two Critical Hits at the worst possible moments which costed me the battle. I'm not giving up though, I won the first 7 battles again and I have saved up 271 CP so far, going to continue tomorrow and see how far I can make it then.

Because through all the pain and the crippling loss, it's so good to know I'm alive

Pokécheck

So, after a week of long training, I have beat Maylene! Yay! Most of my Pokemon are level 30 and now we have anew member, Ponyta! Chingling also evolved into Chimecho, so I'm pretty happy about that. Also, Luxio is now a Luxray! I am now in Veilstone city, ready to help Lucas find his Pokedex.
    Team so Far:
    ~Luxray
    ~Staravia
    ~Chimecho
    ~Buneary
    ~Ponyta
    ~Mothin
    ~Buizel
    Symphony of the Sky! Protector of Ransei!
        Spoiler:- Credit and a Quote!:

I made another try at the Battle Castle, and while I managed to break my previous record, I still lost before I got to battle #49. This made me realize that instead of trying again with my current team, I need to get a new one. So that is what I had to do. I bred a Feebas and a Bagon on HeartGold, then I traded them over to Platinum together with a Gible that I will be using as well, and a Chansey that I managed to obtain. After that, I EV-trained all of them. Now I just need to train them all to level 50 while also making sure that they are fully evolved and have their final movesets. Currently, they are all at level 25, Chansey has evolved into Blissey and Feebas into Milotic, they also have their final movesets. The two dragons still have a long way to go though. I also need to get some more Red Shards because I currently don't have enough to get the Move Tutor moves I want. Have been hunting a bit in the Underground but I still need to get one or two more. I will also train my Pokemon more, not sure how long it will take before they are all done but hopefully not too long.

Pokécheck

Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206